Battlefield: Europe MOD v2.4

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

MjrOu812
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Battlefield: Europe MOD v1.9

Post by MjrOu812 »

Can someone give me a direct link here for download....Europe MOD v1.9....I am having trouble finding or downloading it? And is it compatible for gold version on steam?
MjrOu812

Post by MjrOu812 »

Ok I did find and downloaded it and I did get it working the only issue I am having is were you create a short cut at desktop which I have but when I click on properties and add the /nocache it does not let me apply it? any help would be great.....cant believe I got a MOD working on STEAM.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

MjrOu812 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:04 am when I click on properties and add the /nocache it does not let me apply it?
Happy to help, if possible, could you elaborate a bit what "does not let me apply it" means, please?
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
MjrOu812

Post by MjrOu812 »

:wink:
PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:56 pm
MjrOu812 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:04 am when I click on properties and add the /nocache it does not let me apply it?
Happy to help, if possible, could you elaborate a bit what "does not let me apply it" means, please?
Does not let me change the target....cannot add the /nocache command?
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Interesting, some quick thoughts: This is on a PC? Do you have full admin rights on this machine? Is the field greyed out (dark)? Have you pressed the "apply button" at the bottom right in this menu? Do you get any message back?
MjrOu812

Post by MjrOu812 »

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:34 pm Interesting, some quick thoughts: This is on a PC? Do you have full admin rights on this machine? Is the field greyed out (dark)? Have you pressed the "apply button" at the bottom right in this menu? Do you get any message back?
Yes its a labtop pc windows 10.....the message is [the name C/porgram files x86/steam/steamapps/common/panzercorps/panzercorps.exe"/nocache"specified in the target box is not valid, make sure the path and file name are correct.] i am afraid of even trying the mod if its going to crash on me every 4 or 5 turns?
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

MjrOu812 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 3:28 pm C/porgram files x86/steam/steamapps/common/panzercorps/panzercorps.exe"/nocache"
Not sure whether this comment will make sense/help as I don't use steam but is the above an original copy paste of your path in the shortcut? The spelling of "program" seems odd and there are some syntax problems in your path.

Maybe try this instead?
"C:\program files x86\steam\steamapps\common\panzercorps\panzercorps.exe"/nocache
Or just copy paste an original link and then add the /nocache
MjrOu812

Post by MjrOu812 »

Thanks pete, I will keep trying....I thinking im not doing it right....in the spelling. things like this has to be dead on for it to work.
MjrOu812

Post by MjrOu812 »

Hey pete I got it....after a couple of tries and read the instructions to a tee and bam, it worked! I also got another mod to work....the elite unit mod to work! so im good to go and thanks for the help.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

MjrOu812 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:30 pm Hey pete I got it....after a couple of tries and read the instructions to a tee and bam, it worked! I also got another mod to work....the elite unit mod to work! so im good to go and thanks for the help.
Great, glad to hear it worked, have fun!
MjrOu812

Post by MjrOu812 »

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:42 pm
MjrOu812 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:30 pm Hey pete I got it....after a couple of tries and read the instructions to a tee and bam, it worked! I also got another mod to work....the elite unit mod to work! so im good to go and thanks for the help.
Great, glad to hear it worked, have fun!
Yep will do....just to let you no, here is what went wrong, were you go to the main panzer corps folder and right click on the main panzer launcher exe....I did not send it too desktop, instead I created a shortcut...and that is were the problem was, any way thanks again.
JimmyC
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by JimmyC »

Just picked up this game again after a break of over 1 year. Maybe 1.5 years. I decided to go the historic route early on and pretty much followed the actual strategy for Barbarossa. I was doing really well and feeling confident, having closed the Kiev salient, as well as reaching and mostly clearing the last entrenchments west of Moscow. Then the cold weather hit... combined with the T34's...

Around Moscow, 3 of my tanks and 4 other assorted units annihilated. The rest of my forces severely mauled, depleted of experience. My prestige down about 1,500 in replacements and pushed back past Smolensk.

The balance of the war had changed so quickly and unexpectedly. I really love it! Especially so considering it mirrored the actual situation at that stage of the war. The shock at the sudden losses. The optimism turned to pessimism. Fighting for survival. You can only imagine how high command must have really felt during that winter. This is such an amazing mod and still surprises me even though i've played it through around 4 times in the past (albeit a long time ago)!

Its now mid January and the worst of the cold has ended. I've regrouped west of Smolensk and will try and retake it once i bring in some more reinforcements. Army group south is in a relatively strong position though, not suffering nearly as badly as my forces around Moscow. So for 1942 I will surprise the Russians and launch my main assault in the direction of the Caucuses and their precious oilfields... ;)
sn0wball
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by sn0wball »

This mod has become my official "Ill-at-home" occupation ... and this flu season gave me the opportunity to finally beat the Barbarossa scenario on Realistic/General setting.

What a great mod ! Even after a few tries, it still manages to surprise.

I decided to abandon Africa as soon as possible and let the British have it, only take Malta. This allowed me to push for Caucasus, ignoring Moscow, destroy the Soviet armies parked there - which was a bit weird, them not really defending themselves. Foreknowledge allowed me to prepare for Kursk and Sicily - a huge array of AT guns allowed me to break the Soviets back there and the Regina Marina had their moment of glory when they destroyed most of Operation Husky still in the water. Now I had to brace for Operation Overlord and still be able to take Moscow, which happened in January 1944, allowing me to post a sizeable troop contingent in France. I could not get air superiority, so I couldn´t keep the Allies from landing, but I succeeded to contain them in Normandy, where they fought until the end of the game. The Allies caught me completly off guard with their second invasion of sicily, which was virtually unopposed and the subsequent invasion of Italy, where I could stop them with veterans from Russia. Still, even after the fall of Moscow, it took some time to take all of Russian victory cities - which was complete at about turn 90.

My main tool for this win was pretty ahistorical: large masses of cheap, second line Rumanian and Hungarian infantry. Both fractions offer Resevists or Security Infantry for 57 prestige each, which are not only useful against partisans, but also filling any open spot on the Eastern front. Any vacant core slot was immediately filled with these. To shorten supply routes, I also let them conquer lots of Russian city hexes, to be able to recruit them up front.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

sn0wball wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:22 pm My main tool for this win was pretty ahistorical: large masses of cheap, second line Rumanian and Hungarian infantry. Both fractions offer Resevists or Security Infantry for 57 prestige each, which are not only useful against partisans, but also filling any open spot on the Eastern front. Any vacant core slot was immediately filled with these. To shorten supply routes, I also let them conquer lots of Russian city hexes, to be able to recruit them up front.
Congrats! This is indeed an interesting approach, I will need to keep this in mind! :D
slowgtp
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by slowgtp »

My strategy is as follows, I've kept it consistent over the years and found that this is the most successful strategy:

1. Immediately surrounding Tobruk. Bring in the Italian air reinforcements from near Malta and start pounding away at the Allies with artillery, air, and coordinated attacks. Rommel and the 88 defending my Eastern flank. Bring the AA gun from Crete down and convert it to an 88. Upgrade the Italian artillery to the 149s. Push east through the British counterattacks and set up shop at El Alamein, just out of range of Royal Navy battleships and artillery. After that, move entire air force back to Sicily, Sardinia, and the south of Italy.

2. Start repairing both German and Italian fleet. Upgrade the Italian bomber near Milano to a P.108 and bring it down Sardinia. Bring the U-boat, Italian sub, and Italian torpedo boat down guarding the straight between Sardinia and Tunis. Once Italian fleet is repaired, start pounding away at Malta and fanning out your destroyers searching and eliminating those pesky strong British subs prowling about. Intercept and destroy British relief attempts in coordination with your planes (when they arrive) and continue pounding away at Malta. After which, move the Italian infantry at Syracuse to capture Malta. When fuel gets cut, hang around Sardinia with your fleet and start preparing your forces to counter Torch. Move German ships through Dover to link up with the rest of the German capital ships in the North Sea and keep them off Norway.

3. In Finland, brush away the Soviet resistance and march to the Mannerheim line and push over and secure Petrozavodsk. That's as far as you can go for now. March your German units to the perimeter of Leningrad and make sure you (as I like to have) a Pioniere, HW Infantry, Infantry, and a few artillery (I like to have Karl-Gerat, 150mm, and 105mm) and start working on the Leningrad perimeter. I like to consolidate all of my strategic bombers into one force and move along the Leningrad-Moscow front as needed.

4. Divide Army Group Center and advance on two Axis - first blasting your way through Minsk, Vitebsk, and ultimately Rzhev and the Mozhaisk line. Set up dug in infantry backed by artillery and air defense guns as the first snow falls. Panzers picking their way through hanging back in the gaps. Second axis advancing down and securing the northern pincer north of Kiev to Bryansk.

5. Northern Army Group South crushing the Soviets around the greater Uman area and encircling Kiev from the South and advancing along the Dneiper to Stalino, but no further on the intitial advance. Bring the Romanian and Italian tank and Alpini units from Greece and start preparing for the push on Odessa and beyond. Bring up the artillery and southern air power ASAP and start hitting Odessa from all angles. By the time Odessa falls, the rasputista starts setting in and the advance is slow. Cut off Crimea and cautiously push your few armored units into the isthmus backed by concentrated artillery and airpower. Wipe out Soviet naval units in the vicinity. Use Hungarians to fill the gaps further north. I always surround the Pripyat marshes with light reserve infantry and a recon car or two to keep partisans at bay. You should be in good position to beat off the Soviet winter counterattacks all along the front using your entrenchment and defense in depth to your advantage.

6. By Spring you should be at Rostov and the Don bend, marching on Voronezh. Pick away at Tula and Vyazma and one unit at a time working on Moscow. Use your heavy bombers and artillery keeping Orianenbaum fortress at bay, and what I found devastating to the Soviet tanks was I'd move an infantry unit to the trees adjacent to the defensive line, which the Soviet tanks will attack and more often than not suffer heavy damage.

Will be posting more tomorrow.....let me know what you think!
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

slowgtp wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:23 am My strategy is as follows, I've kept it consistent over the years and found that this is the most successful strategy:
Thanks, it’s very interesting to read how others approach this map, I am with you on most points. When do you attack Moscow, i.e. after turn 11?
sn0wball

Post by sn0wball »

slowgtp wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:23 am My strategy is as follows, I've kept it consistent over the years and found that this is the most successful strategy:

1. Immediately surrounding Tobruk. Bring in the Italian air reinforcements from near Malta and start pounding away at the Allies with artillery, air, and coordinated attacks. Rommel and the 88 defending my Eastern flank. Bring the AA gun from Crete down and convert it to an 88. Upgrade the Italian artillery to the 149s. Push east through the British counterattacks and set up shop at El Alamein, just out of range of Royal Navy battleships and artillery. After that, move entire air force back to Sicily, Sardinia, and the south of Italy.
I found that immediately attacking Malta is worthwhile. You need to devote only 3 or 4 planes to it. I will move a German tactical bomber to the med for this job.

I have never tried upgrading much outside the cheap upgrade paths - which are rare in artillery or AA here. Isn´t it too expensive ?
2. Start repairing both German and Italian fleet. Upgrade the Italian bomber near Milano to a P.108 and bring it down Sardinia. Bring the U-boat, Italian sub, and Italian torpedo boat down guarding the straight between Sardinia and Tunis. Once Italian fleet is repaired, start pounding away at Malta and fanning out your destroyers searching and eliminating those pesky strong British subs prowling about. Intercept and destroy British relief attempts in coordination with your planes (when they arrive) and continue pounding away at Malta. After which, move the Italian infantry at Syracuse to capture Malta. When fuel gets cut, hang around Sardinia with your fleet and start preparing your forces to counter Torch.
Agree. Before the fuel shortages, I would sweep the Regina Marina east to clear the Med of all mobile ships. In previous games, were I did not ignore the African theatre, I usually transferred a Ju88 to the med for anti-shipping duty and a reconnaissance plane.

When I was intend on taking Africa, I found it useful to take Cyprus for its airport. It can be done by two infantry units per sea.
Move German ships through Dover to link up with the rest of the German capital ships in the North Sea and keep them off Norway.
This time I didn´t, since I never found a use for these ships in the North Sea anyway. Tirpitz is enough to deter any Norway invasion. Scharnhorst and Gneiseau were useful in repelling Overlord when kept in France.
3. In Finland, brush away the Soviet resistance and march to the Mannerheim line and push over and secure Petrozavodsk. That's as far as you can go for now. March your German units to the perimeter of Leningrad and make sure you (as I like to have) a Pioniere, HW Infantry, Infantry, and a few artillery (I like to have Karl-Gerat, 150mm, and 105mm) and start working on the Leningrad perimeter.
So, you don´t sit out the siege, but actively attack Leningrad? I have not tried that yet. I usually man the (B) hexes with second line troops and wait it out until 43 or 44.
I like to consolidate all of my strategic bombers into one force and move along the Leningrad-Moscow front as needed.
Mobility is really important. This is a good idea.
Use Hungarians to fill the gaps further north. I always surround the Pripyat marshes with light reserve infantry and a recon car or two to keep partisans at bay.
Absolutely. This is true for the rest of the anti-partisan duties - France, Norway and Yugoslavia can all be dealt with by Reservists, freeing a lot of Wehrmacht infantry for the Eastern front.
You should be in good position to beat off the Soviet winter counterattacks all along the front using your entrenchment and defense in depth to your advantage.
Falling back in a defensive position and letting the AI run into your AT guns and infantry is vital against the Soviets here. The camouflage feature of AT guns here is especially deadly against the AI.
JimmyC

Post by JimmyC »

I find its worthwhile to capture Tobruk as its very defensible in late '42 when the El Alamein forces attack from the east. You only need a small force supported by the Regia Marina to defeat it. I also always try to defeat the Torch invasion so as to keep the 50 prestige per turn generated by Tunis and prevent Husky. Once you defeat it you can then send most of the units to the eastern front and leave a few to capture all the cities in North Africa for the prestige.

For Leningrad i never bother enforcing the siege as its just a waste of prestige in repairing your units that get hit by the artillery (IMO). Instead i wait until mid 43 and mass some artillery to go to work on the edges. Then upgrade a few tanks to Panthers and supported by infantry and the artillery you can pretty much roll right in.

For upgrading i keep everything within the same tree apart from the tanks. The Panzer I is upgraded immediately to Panzer III and early on when convenient i upgrade all Panzer II's to Panzer III also. Sometime in early/mid '42 the Panzer 38's become Panzer III's too. Just make sure to leave 1 of each Panzer II and 38 as is, so that you can switch them to Marders later on. As the prestige penalty from Allied bombing has now increased, i also upgraded my 2cm Flak units that start without transport to 3.7cm flak. You get 3 extra air attack so it packs a bigger punch and only costs 137 prestige. Not really sure this is worth it or not though...

I find there is relatively little use for the Kriegsmarine in France and that its more economical to just leave them unrepaired given the significant repair costs. There is very little for them to do until D-Day and even then the Allied air and navy is so much stronger that its somewhat suicidal to send them in. Perhaps if you were to leave them back and pick at the edges, but even then i am doubtful of their worth...
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

JimmyC wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:15 am I find there is relatively little use for the Kriegsmarine in France and that its more economical to just leave them unrepaired given the significant repair costs. There is very little for them to do until D-Day and even then the Allied air and navy is so much stronger that its somewhat suicidal to send them in. Perhaps if you were to leave them back and pick at the edges, but even then i am doubtful of their worth...
I think you may only need a repaired Kriegsmarine in case you go for Operation Sealion in 42 or 43...
sn0wball

Post by sn0wball »

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:14 am I think you may only need a repaired Kriegsmarine in case you go for Operation Sealion in 42 or 43...
That´s what I am trying now. April 1942: London has fallen. It only diverted about 20 ground units ... and ALL air units. Still, I have no trouble to keep the channel free of the Royal Navy.

Attachments
london.jpg
london.jpg (533.17 KiB) Viewed 3182 times

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”