DMP Panzer Corps mod

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Der_Kuenstler
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

DMP Panzer Corps mod

Post by Der_Kuenstler »

Hello all - I recently downloaded this mod - is there a way I can just get to some of the graphic files out of it without installing the entire thing into my game? Sorry I'm asking here but I don't speak German and that mod site is a bit hard for me to navigate.
rezaf
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Re: DMP Panzer Corps mod

Post by rezaf »

The DMP mods install into seperate directories and you have to actually copy only a few files to their dirs manually before you can run them standalone.
So just go ahead and install them somewhere, copy the graphics you want, and uninstall right away. It won't compromise your actual game install one bit.
_____
rezaf
Der_Kuenstler
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Der_Kuenstler »

Thank you. I created a new folder named DMP MOD on my desktop and directed the DMP_Panzercorps_Mod_1 to install into that folder, but afterwards the folder is always empty?
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 »

Check your Panzer Corps folder.

It installed everything into those files even though I direct it elsewhere.
prince_blucher
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by prince_blucher »

Hello, I was hoping to play this mod also, but having browsed on the DMP website I'm a little unsure what Mod to start with and how to download it.

Questions: is the DMP Amulet the first in the series?
Is there a campaign for Poland, France, Barbarossa etc?
What are they called (Ostfront?)
Do I have to register over at DMP to be able to download the mod?
Is there a translation of the registration page, I can't read no German.
Do I used GME?

Thanks for your help.
prince_blucher
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by prince_blucher »

Hi,
I downloaded DMP Ostfront but I can't understand their installation instructions. From the "Ostfront 4.0 Installation guide.txt":

Installation guide
Unpack Ostfront 4.12
Copy the following 2 files
PanzerCorps.TXT
Main.TXT
From your original PanzerCorps folder to the folder Ostfront.
Run PanzerCorps.exe
Have fun!

Questions:
1. Where do I unpack the mod to?
2. Can I sue GME?
3. Where are the two .txt files located?

Thanks for any help.
BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

prince_blucher wrote:Hi,
I downloaded DMP Ostfront but I can't understand their installation instructions. From the "Ostfront 4.0 Installation guide.txt":

Installation guide
Unpack Ostfront 4.12
Copy the following 2 files
PanzerCorps.TXT
Main.TXT
From your original PanzerCorps folder to the folder Ostfront.
Run PanzerCorps.exe
Have fun!

Questions:
1. Where do I unpack the mod to?
2. Can I sue GME?
3. Where are the two .txt files located?

Thanks for any help.
Although I haven't played any DMP mods, I think I have worked out how they operate:

1/ Pretty much anywhere, as long as you know where it is and have the required permissions to access it (Windows folder in the C drive is a bad place)

2/ I'm fairly sure you mean use GME, not sue it (it hasn't done anything to you!). In this case, there is no real need to as DMP remake the entire PzC directory.

3/ The 2 files are located in you PzC folder, which will either be in C:/Program Files/Slitherine/Panzer Corps. If you use Steam then it will be C:/Program Files/ Steam/steamapps/common/Panzer Corps. There may be a x86 folder instead of the normal Program Files folder for you, I don't normally encounter this as I'm still on Windows XP.

Also, anyone who has a better understanding of the mod is free to correct me :wink:

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
prince_blucher
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by prince_blucher »

Thanks BNC!

Yes I mean't "use" and not "sue" GME.

OK understood, but I can't locate those two txt files in my \Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Panzer Corps folder...the only txt files are these:

Can't seem to upload a file, sorry. But I'm certain I can't see panzercorps.txt or main.txt in the folder specified above.
BiteNibbleChomp

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

prince_blucher wrote:Thanks BNC!

Yes I mean't "use" and not "sue" GME.

OK understood, but I can't locate those two txt files in my \Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Panzer Corps folder...the only txt files are these:

Can't seem to upload a file, sorry. But I'm certain I can't see panzercorps.txt or main.txt in the folder specified above.
Panzercorps.txt and Main.txt seem to just contain your license key that Slitherine would have given you if you bought it through them (It will just say XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX). However, as you seem to be using Steam that wouldn't apply as they are kept within your Steam account. Ostfront (AFAIK) was made well before the release of PzC on Steam, and the devs have probably not worked with Steam yet, so I suggest that you just ignore that part of the instructions (the files aren't there!). If that doesn't work, I won't be able to help you further :cry: , but there are many others on this forum that have worked with it and can provide further help.

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
prince_blucher
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by prince_blucher »

Thank you BNC, I'll try your suggestion.
prince_blucher
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by prince_blucher »

For what its worth, I couldn't get it to work, either through GME or independently. I couldn't understand the German error messages either. Never mind. I bought the hard copy of the game so might try again when that arrives.
prince_blucher
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by prince_blucher »

Update: again for what its worth, I needed the mss32.dll, steam_api.dll and panzercoprs.exe from my main game (steam) files and the game fires up.

However, I have no sound (music) and no English language briefings and menu buttons for the Heers Gruppe Nord campaign (of Ostfront).

I've had some help over at DMP from Anduril and Azzeal however the game is unplayable at present.

I wait in hope, because I love those unit graphics so much.

thank you
bobk
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by bobk »

I agree about navigating their website, total confusion for me. If you log in with Google Chrome though, it does a great job of translating, and I`m able to get what I need.
I am also lousy with GME, but I managed to get the Modern Corps? mod to work no problems.
As for the other mods, install them in mods folder, in their own separate folders, and include copies of these files from the main game:
PanzerCorps.exe
PanzerCorps.txt
autorun.exe
panzer_launcher.exe
main.txt
Then put a shortcut to each exe on your desktop and that mod will launch!
rubyjuno
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by rubyjuno »

As with everyone else I had a little trouble with navigating the DMP site. But as bobk says, Google does a decent job of translating, and the DMP mods come with install instructions in English. Sometimes they require a bit of effort to get working, probably because they were written with older versions of Panzer Corps. They are definitely worth a look though, as DMP have put a lot of work into them. DMP Ostfront is the only one that I haven't been able to play in English for some reason, despite help from one of the DMP guys.
bobk

Post by bobk »

I had the same problem with the Ostfront mod. I think there is an older version which is in English, and a newer one which is not fully translated.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”