"Kaiserschlacht" WWI Mod v3.3 (Mar 5, 2016)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

What do you think should be done following the end of development for the WWI campaign?

Napoleonic Wars Campaign
22%
1870 Franco-Prussian War Scenario
7%
WWI Entente Campaign
13%
WWI Central Powers Grand Campaign
29%
1914-1945 "Combined" Campaign
26%
WWI Single MP Scenario (Western Front)
2%
WWI Single MP Scenario (Eastern Front)
2%

Total votes: 224

AJE
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Re: "Kaiserschlacht" WWI Mod v3.2 (Oct 5, 2015)

Post by AJE »

I definitely like the campaigns (on easy mode at least-I suck at the game), but is development on this mod over? I'm starting to improve this mod with more units and some campaign changes for my personal use, and I want to make sure that it won't suddenly be obsolete when it's almost done.
BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

There will be a small patch (v3.3) shortly after Soviet Corps comes out so that the WWI graphics appear when SovCorps is enabled, but other than that it is finished.

Also if you want to upload your edits I won't stop you :)

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
AJE

Post by AJE »

I'd have to get permission from McGuba first. Aside from the Rolls-Royce Armored Car and some French and British artillery, which are already in-game (and thus basically free units), the icons for almost all of my new units come from his Battlefield Europe Mod. It has a ton of useful icons, such as the battleship Marat (which looks like any Russian WWI dreadnought), a WWI-era US destroyer (the Clemson, though it works for the Wickes and Caldwell as well), a Tanker, a Merchant ship, a Liberty ship (basically a large merchant ship), and a Pack Horse icon. However, the most useful icons are the Slovakian, Italian, Romanian, and especially Hungarian artillery icons. Since their artillery consisted of mostly WWI artillery inherited from Austria-Hungary, in making icons for it, they've inadvertently made icons for practically every major Austro-Hungarian artillery piece used in WWI. They also have icons for a lot of Russian and even a Krupp export artillery piece.

Right now I've added the relevant icons into the Units folder in the Graphics section of the WWI mod. I've also renamed the images to reflect their WWI designations so that it will be easier to identify where they belong when I put the units into the stats file.

While taking icons like this is perfectly fine for a mod only I will ever use (I don't even need to tell anyone about it), I'd have to get permission from the makers of the Battlefield Europe mod to use their icons in a publicly released mod(and of course credit them in it).
AJE

Post by AJE »

I got permission from McGuba (and it seems I won't need permission to use other icons in future mods as long as they're free), so I'll post the preliminary version of my version of the mod. It has no changes to any of the campaigns, but the graphics file now has all the icons from the Battlefield Europe mod that apply to WWI. In addition, some unit stats have been changed, and the first few new units I've created can be seen in the editor. The changed units include:

-Giving the K-Wagen AT performance equal to the A11V, since it had 4 77mm guns.
-Renamed Mark XII tank to Mark VIII tank, otherwise unchanged
-Changing the US destroyer's icon to a more accurate Clemson-class icon from Battlefield Europe.
-German MG 17 and MG 20 icons changed to that of standard Wehrmacht HW, since the Pickelhaube was phased out by then.
-British and French artillery changed to light artillery, and standardizing both of their stats with that of the German light artillery, with one exception. British artillery has 20 soft attack rather than 18, since their 18-pounders were historically more powerful than their counterparts.

The new units include:

-Handley Page O/400- same icon as the O/100, improved movement, range, ammo, soft and naval attack, etc.
-US MG 18 and MG 20 infantry- identical to British MG 17 and MG 20, respectively
-US SPAD XIII- identical to French SPAD
-British Medium Artillery- same stats as German Medium Artillery,uses the vanilla game icon for the 6-inch 26 cwt howitzer, which it is meant to represent (although it wasn't upgraded with pneumatic tires until the 1930's)
-British Heavy Artillery 1916- same stats as German Heavy Artillery, uses the vanilla game icon for the BL 7.2-inch, which was a rebored BL 8-inch, and is meant to represent both the later BL 8-inch howitzer Marks VII and VIII, as well as the BL 6-inch Gun Mark XIX, which used the same carriage
-British Heavy Artillery 1915- same stats as British Heavy Artillery 1916 with one less unit of range, uses the same icon as the 1916 Heavy Artillery, and is meant to represent the earlier BL 8-inch howitzer Marks I-V, the earlier BL 8-inch howitzer Mark VI with a short barrel, and the BL 6-inch Gun Mark VII
-French Medium Artillery- same stats as German Medium Artillery, uses the vanilla game icon for the 155C mle 1917 Schneider howitzer, which it is meant to represent

Google Docs Link (just download it and use it the same way you would any other mod): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1a7gH ... sp=sharing
captainjack
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by captainjack »

I'm playing the big game version, and doing better than last time, in that I am still playing about 20 turns in, though it isn't looking promising. On the positive side, the British and Russians are probably very pleased with how I'm playing.

My pressing question:
How do I buy extra or replacement core units?
The core units counter tells me I have 57 or 59 core slots. I currently have less than 50 core units, but when I try to purchase units I am told that I don't have enough unit slots. Are my auxiliary units counting towards the total, as these would push it to 60 something?
Since one of the current quests involves buying and using a gas artillery, being able to buy new and replacement units is important!
BiteNibbleChomp

captainjack wrote:I'm playing the big game version, and doing better than last time, in that I am still playing about 20 turns in, though it isn't looking promising. On the positive side, the British and Russians are probably very pleased with how I'm playing.

My pressing question:
How do I buy extra or replacement core units?
The core units counter tells me I have 57 or 59 core slots. I currently have less than 50 core units, but when I try to purchase units I am told that I don't have enough unit slots. Are my auxiliary units counting towards the total, as these would push it to 60 something?
Since one of the current quests involves buying and using a gas artillery, being able to buy new and replacement units is important!
Did a major power recently join you (Italy or the Ottomans?) those would bump up the amount of core units. My mods aren't currently set up so I can't easily fix any problems.

- BNC
captainjack

Post by captainjack »

The Ottomans have joined (and are now almost wiped out, but that's another story...)

I'll count up the core units and use the cheat code to add enough slots to match what the counter says.
BiteNibbleChomp

I reckon your installation is messed up: I'm able to buy units fine.

Don't worry about it at this point though, I'll be uploading v3.3 shortly.

- BNC
BiteNibbleChomp

v3.3

Made slight improvement to Trial Under fire. Added compatibility for Sov Corps. WILL REQUIRE V1.25

https://www.mediafire.com/?7o0bvpi5939z00u

- BNC
bcnkor5
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: "Kaiserschlacht" WWI Mod v3.3 (Mar 5, 2016)

Post by bcnkor5 »

[quote="BiteNibbleChomp"]----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download v3.3: https://www.mediafire.com/?7o0bvpi5939z00u

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Units by DMP team (Germany) other units adapted by bcnkor (Spain) to panzer Korp MOD WWI
6/3/2016
A gift for the creator of the MOD all units adapted to Kaiserschlacht" WWI Mod v3.3 (Mar 5, 2016).
Download
http://www.mediafire.com/download/y6921 ... rp+WWI.rar

Other bigunits minomod panzer korp WWI by bcnkor Spain
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9g2ps ... +Spain.rar
Attachments
GeFokkerDreidecker.png
GeFokkerDreidecker.png (55.83 KiB) Viewed 7714 times
GeGothaGV.png
GeGothaGV.png (72.09 KiB) Viewed 7714 times
GerStaake.png
GerStaake.png (115.96 KiB) Viewed 7714 times
Last edited by bcnkor5 on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maho1973
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by maho1973 »

Hello BNC,
Nice that there is an update again. :)
BiteNibbleChomp

To be honest, it isn't much different from 3.2. I just made Soviet Corps work and fixed a small issue with the first map.

Unless there is a major DLC (similar in scope to AK or SC), I won't be making any further changes.

- BNC
uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

Set now playing ) there was a question whether the army of Estonia and Ukraine in your mod !?
http://www.wio.ru/
BiteNibbleChomp

uzbek2012 wrote:Set now playing ) there was a question whether the army of Estonia and Ukraine in your mod !?
I'm not sure that I understand your post. Estonia has always been in the mod and the Ukraine offensive has been in since v3.0, which was released almost a year ago.

- BNC
uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

BiteNibbleChomp wrote:
uzbek2012 wrote:Set now playing ) there was a question whether the army of Estonia and Ukraine in your mod !?
I'm not sure that I understand your post. Estonia has always been in the mod and the Ukraine offensive has been in since v3.0, which was released almost a year ago.

- BNC

These countries Yes there is but they don't have your troops ! Place them everywhere the Russian Army ) are Now playing in the scenario about the civil war in 1918 all Russian white army to fight red )
Summary :The victory of the red army; the creation of the USSR.
Changes :The independence of Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Finland; the annexation of Bessarabia by Romania; the assignment of parts of Batum and Kars regions of Turkey."

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Гражданск ... а_в_России Image
https://www.onwar.com/aced/chrono/index1910.htm
https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/Галицкая_армия Image

P.s. And where Tachanka !? ))) Image
BiteNibbleChomp

The Russian Civil War scenario is only included because of your request. I don't intend to make a full campaign from that war and so I have generalised the scenario a bit so that I can use the files from WWI.

Before the revolution, I am representing the Russians as one united country (plus some revolutionaries), because the independent republics didn't really have proper, professional armies until after 1918.

- BNC
captainjack

Post by captainjack »

I have seen a tachanka icon fairly recently, but can't recall who posted it.
uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

BiteNibbleChomp wrote:The Russian Civil War scenario is only included because of your request. I don't intend to make a full campaign from that war and so I have generalised the scenario a bit so that I can use the files from WWI.

Before the revolution, I am representing the Russians as one united country (plus some revolutionaries), because the independent republics didn't really have proper, professional armies until after 1918.

- BNC

All clear now ) But was hoping that the company will be a full-fledged civil war 1917-1922...
captainjack wrote:I have seen a tachanka icon fairly recently, but can't recall who posted it.
Russians love Tachanka ))) It's like a balalaika )))
And not only Russian )
bcnkor5

Post by bcnkor5 »

bcnkor2 wrote:
BiteNibbleChomp wrote:----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download v3.3: https://www.mediafire.com/?7o0bvpi5939z00u

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Units by DMP team (Germany) other units adapted by bcnkor (Spain) to panzer Korp MOD WWI
6/3/2016
A gift for the creator of the MOD all units adapted to Kaiserschlacht" WWI Mod v3.3 (Mar 5, 2016).
Download
http://www.mediafire.com/download/y6921 ... rp+WWI.rar

Other bigunits minomod panzer korp WWI by bcnkor Spain
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9g2ps ... +Spain.rar
TangSooDo
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by TangSooDo »

I am commenting on the post with photos of horse drawn machine guns -- God, those beautiful horses, slaughtered by the thousands. They did nothing to deserve that as their masters did.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”