"Kaiserschlacht" WWI Mod v3.3 (Mar 5, 2016)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

What do you think should be done following the end of development for the WWI campaign?

Napoleonic Wars Campaign
22%
1870 Franco-Prussian War Scenario
7%
WWI Entente Campaign
13%
WWI Central Powers Grand Campaign
29%
1914-1945 "Combined" Campaign
26%
WWI Single MP Scenario (Western Front)
2%
WWI Single MP Scenario (Eastern Front)
2%

Total votes: 224

uzbek2012
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Re: "Kaiserschlacht" WWI Mod v3.3 (Mar 5, 2016)

Post by uzbek2012 »

tomjones99 wrote:how about armored trains?
Excellent question )
http://www.wio.ru/rr/ww1kras.htm
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

I agree uzbek2012 and tomjones99. I always felt that the story of the Russian Civil War and the Czech Legion, International Intervention, and warfare along the Trans Siberian Railroad etc. would provide a very interesting mod for this time period.
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?
Latro
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Latro »

bcnkor2 wrote:
bcnkor2 wrote:
BiteNibbleChomp wrote:----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download v3.3: https://www.mediafire.com/?7o0bvpi5939z00u

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Units by DMP team (Germany) other units adapted by bcnkor (Spain) to panzer Korp MOD WWI
6/3/2016
A gift for the creator of the MOD all units adapted to Kaiserschlacht" WWI Mod v3.3 (Mar 5, 2016).
Download
http://www.mediafire.com/download/y6921 ... rp+WWI.rar

Other bigunits minomod panzer korp WWI by bcnkor Spain
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9g2ps ... +Spain.rar
Hello Bcknor. I can't get the link for the bigunits to work. Mediafire keeps giving "invalid or deleted link".
Kiane
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Kiane »

I decided to finish up playing this mod before going through Battlefield Europe (McGuba's) again.

This is in 1.4, so I don't know what you've changed since then, so maybe a lot of these comments are outdated, but:

1) Overall easy campaign, although I don't think that's a bad thing. Got a DV on every scenario first try 8)

2) Artillery is strong!! I lost 4 core units the whole campaign, all of them to arty. (including my AFV! :lol: )

3) Race to the Sea and Brusilov were a nice spike in difficulty.

4) The fact that arty has such range and is so powerful, combined with the relative weakness of aircraft vs ground targets makes aircraft supreme for observation. I think this mod demonstrates the role of aircraft in WW1 extremely well. I'd say it's the strongest point of the whole campaign. Rule of the sky means obliterating your opponents' artillery with your own artillery, while keeping your own safe from counter barrages :) .

5) The landing ships getting ambushed by the RN in UK18 was evil! :lol: Although somehow I didn't lose any landing craft to them due to some line of sight trickery 8)

6) The London super soldier division was evil too! :lol: (I know you know what I'm talking about :wink: )

Overall I give this campaign two thumbs up! :D
BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

Kiane wrote:I decided to finish up playing this mod before going through Battlefield Europe (McGuba's) again.
This is in 1.4, so I don't know what you've changed since then, so maybe a lot of these comments are outdated, but:
1) Overall easy campaign, although I don't think that's a bad thing. Got a DV on every scenario first try 8)
2) Artillery is strong!! I lost 4 core units the whole campaign, all of them to arty. (including my AFV! :lol: )
3) Race to the Sea and Brusilov were a nice spike in difficulty.
4) The fact that arty has such range and is so powerful, combined with the relative weakness of aircraft vs ground targets makes aircraft supreme for observation. I think this mod demonstrates the role of aircraft in WW1 extremely well. I'd say it's the strongest point of the whole campaign. Rule of the sky means obliterating your opponents' artillery with your own artillery, while keeping your own safe from counter barrages :) .
5) The landing ships getting ambushed by the RN in UK18 was evil! :lol: Although somehow I didn't lose any landing craft to them due to some line of sight trickery 8)
6) The London super soldier division was evil too! :lol: (I know you know what I'm talking about :wink: )
Overall I give this campaign two thumbs up! :D
As the title states, the current version in 3.3, which is quite a while away from the v1.x editions. That said, I didn't do much in the later versions except replace a couple of maps, add new maps and add new units. Oh, plus UI and other stuff that doesn't really matter.

1/ In v3.x (IIRC) I added a US map and a couple of others. Those might adjust your feeling of "easy campaign". :twisted:
2/ Artillery was the biggest killer of the war, above even machine guns and poison gas (I suspect week-long bombardments had a lot to do with this). I hope you got the same feeling.
3/ Brusilov in real life was a pretty hard kick in the guts for the CP. Again, me trying to reflect that.
4/ Exactly. I was surprised by my initial tests when it worked so much like real life.
5/ I think I changed the Uk map in v3.x, so that has probably changed.
6/ I made that map in 2014 and haven't even opened PzC since much past when SC came out, so I actually don't remember "what [you're] talking about"

Thanks for the two thumbs up! Here's a yellow face as a reply: :D

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
Kiane
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Kiane »

The super soldier division is a 14 overstrength elite "London Guard" infantry division that comes flying out of London at you and decimates whatever it attacks. It has like 450 exp at a time when even your best soldiers are at 300 exp. Took extreme losses bringing it down.
parmenio
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by parmenio »

Installation question....

Does this mod belong in the main game folder and so handled by GME or in "My Games\Panzer Corps\mods" or a bit of both?
Cataphract88
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Cataphract88 »

GME for this one, Parmenio, or at least that's how I did it. :)
Richard
parmenio

Post by parmenio »

Ta - that's what I guessed but I saw the GUID.txt file in the root of the zip. I thought that was for mods put in the My Games folder...

Edit: Ignore me - I can see the DLC content has the same thing.
BiteNibbleChomp

Richard1 wrote:GME for this one, Parmenio, or at least that's how I did it. :)
parmenio wrote:Ta - that's what I guessed but I saw the GUID.txt file in the root of the zip. I thought that was for mods put in the My Games folder...

Edit: Ignore me - I can see the DLC content has the same thing.
Yep. Just to add to that, I think the GUID is a leftover from an old version that doesn't actually do anything. I don't recall making one for my global map.

- BNC
parmenio

Post by parmenio »

Awesome mod by the way
BiteNibbleChomp

Thanks!

- BNC
glaude1955
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by glaude1955 »

Hello BNC,
I tried your mod on the first world war. It is very interesting because it is a total change in the way of fighting.
A few comments:
I can not buy Italian armies even though Italy has joined the German side.
France surrenders but its armies continue the fight.

Regards
Yves
BiteNibbleChomp

Thanks!

Italy: I'm simply assuming Italy doesn't have the manpower needed to form new armies. Either that or too many people are complaining about being on the same side as Austria.

France: Maybe their armies turned into Partisans?

- BNC
uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

It is planned the new version or is it final ?
BiteNibbleChomp

v3.3 is intended as the final version.

- BNC
Cfant
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Cfant »

Hi!

Played the MOD. Really well done. Although A-H units beeing the weakest in the game seems not too correct, I'd say as an Austrian :oops: :D

Which difficulty is it intended to be played? I chose Field Marshall, but it was... strange. Trillions of enemies, while I had very low income. A dozen Artillery in France with no room for movement made it hard.

However, I had to stop when I took Paris in 1916. France surrendered, Germany occupied northern France, Italy southern France. Then it got buggy. I got no reward for beating France :? Not one prestige point. And even worse - the french units fought on. It got strange: I could not move on, as france was filled with french units, so the cities, which I got by event, were reteaken by french units of course. So it was, as if France had not surrendered at all :D

Other then that - really good work!
BiteNibbleChomp

Cfant wrote:Hi!

Played the MOD. Really well done. Although A-H units beeing the weakest in the game seems not too correct, I'd say as an Austrian :oops: :D

Which difficulty is it intended to be played? I chose Field Marshall, but it was... strange. Trillions of enemies, while I had very low income. A dozen Artillery in France with no room for movement made it hard.

However, I had to stop when I took Paris in 1916. France surrendered, Germany occupied northern France, Italy southern France. Then it got buggy. I got no reward for beating France :? Not one prestige point. And even worse - the french units fought on. It got strange: I could not move on, as france was filled with french units, so the cities, which I got by event, were reteaken by french units of course. So it was, as if France had not surrendered at all :D

Other then that - really good work!
When I played it I tested with Lieutenant and Colonel, if I tried FM I would probably die after 3 turns!

I'm not totally sure what is going on with the French there, pretty sure there is supposed to be a -20 strength trigger for all French units. Maybe the trigger is broken with one of the newer updates (I designed this with v1.22 or something)?

- BNC
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Just download the file at the beginning to play? I should use gme?
BiteNibbleChomp

demyansk wrote:Just download the file at the beginning to play? I should use gme?
Yep, just use GME. :D

- BNC

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”