Allied General original campaign for PzC (30/04/16)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

timek28
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: Allied General (Soviet Campaign released!)

Post by timek28 »

Before Stalingrad scenario, there is overlapping dialog from original PC, that is narrator is speaking about some random scenario. Is this a bug?

Besides that I got Loss on Vyazma (that scenario is equally hellish played by Germans or Soviets). I got MV on all other scenarios until Stalingrad which I'm playing right now. I understand that DV is mission impossible for Soviets in 41' and early 42'. However Vyazma bedazzles me. For MV you have to get all VHs in 15 turns. German defense is extremely tough (with 2 panzer divisions doing counterattacks), while quality of auxiliary Soviet units is really bad (my core is strong consists only of best equipment but even with that my spearhead can get only to Vyazma). The other 2 far VHs seem impossible to conquer. So my question is how to get MV here? I understand I would get 2 additional scenarios to play if I got MV here (Kharkov 42 and some other one)? Which would be very good for prestige and experience.

Also German air superiority in Vyazma makes things even harder...
nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd »

timek28 wrote:Before Stalingrad scenario, there is overlapping dialog from original PC, that is narrator is speaking about some random scenario. Is this a bug?

Besides that I got Loss on Vyazma (that scenario is equally hellish played by Germans or Soviets). I got MV on all other scenarios until Stalingrad which I'm playing right now. I understand that DV is mission impossible for Soviets in 41' and early 42'. However Vyazma bedazzles me. For MV you have to get all VHs in 15 turns. German defense is extremely tough (with 2 panzer divisions doing counterattacks), while quality of auxiliary Soviet units is really bad (my core is strong consists only of best equipment but even with that my spearhead can get only to Vyazma). The other 2 far VHs seem impossible to conquer. So my question is how to get MV here? I understand I would get 2 additional scenarios to play if I got MV here (Kharkov 42 and some other one)? Which would be very good for prestige and experience.

Also German air superiority in Vyazma makes things even harder...
It is not a bug really. This is because that the Stalingrad scenario must be present in one of the official Panzer Corps campaigns. I am not going to change the name, as i don't want to mess up savegames.

I know that Vyazma is quite the blast, so i lowered the requirements for a MV. The new Vyazma scenario is attached to this post for now. When i upload the 3rd DLC of RV! 2 to the server, i will update the Soviet campaign as well.

Previous Vyazma MV requirement: capture all primary objectives
New Vyazma MV requirement: capture Vyazma

In order for the change to kick in, you must load your savegame from the previous mission and proceed from there.
Attachments
Vyazma.rar
(7.08 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2lyeEuH_hoA1s7tnTAEJQ
timek28

Post by timek28 »

Nikki you are great :) Thanks for modifying scenario requirements on my remark :)
okiemcguire

Post by okiemcguire »

Nikki... I am getting my butt handed to me on the AGSC Pskov... Any suggestions or replays available to get a MV or DV?
nikivdd

Post by nikivdd »

okiemcguire wrote:Nikki... I am getting my butt handed to me on the AGSC Pskov... Any suggestions or replays available to get a MV or DV?
Don't aim for the DV, strictly go for the MV. At first delay the German advance with your tanks, while you take artillery and AA units to the other side of the river. There hold at all cost and force German units to surrender in their attempt to cross the river. I think i scripted an exit hex there in the upper right corner, especially intended to prevent your core units from annihilation.

As soon you start the campaign, one of the must buys is the 85 AA gun. German fighters are tough in the beginning, and just get tougher...
timek28

Post by timek28 »

@okiemcguire

Yeah I agree with Nikivdd... Actually the first time I tried to stop Germans from conquering the 3rd city on the edge of the river, but it was impossible as I got shelled from at least 3 German artillery units. However if you pull all your forces behind the river, and abandon the third city (only go for 2 needed for a MV), then defense gets a bit easier as you are able to force Germans to cross the river while on the south you get to force them into a really narrow corridor. This will cause numerous surrenders and increase your prestige.

Two things are a must though. 85MM AA as Niki said, and KV-1A, B and C tanks. IMO even T34s have too weak armor and are liability against more numerous Germans. Also strong artillery support (go for Katyushas ASAP) is a must. Soviet infantry is really weak, and don't buy more then 1-2 (SMG or Guards only). Also don't try to dogfight with German fighters in 41 and 42. There are too many of them, and they are very good and they will shoot down Migs and Laggs with ease. Your AA should defend you against German planes. Only when LA-5 becomes available (Stalingrad), that is the moment when you will have fighter that can dogfight with Bf109 (not with FW190 though).
okiemcguire

Post by okiemcguire »

Thanks Nikki and timek28 for your assistance and suggestions. I will attempt it again this weekend.... Have great day!
timek28

Post by timek28 »

Once again I have to admit nikki you made a great campaign, length wise, versatility wise and scenario wise. However I just realized that there is no Kursk scenario in the scenario path? I realize that scenarios are copied from original Allied General, but still how could Kursk be omitted? In 43 there is Kharkov43 and then path goes to Dneipr (Bagaration)?

I don't say I would like to battle large number of German Tigers and Panthers, but still Kursk scenario was kind of Epical, and to be honest after having sweet feeling of revenge at Stalingrad (great scenario), I think Kursk would be a delight. Being on the other side of all those heavily entrenched positions would be much more fun then trying to break them :)
timek28

Post by timek28 »

I've encountered problem at Karkhov43 scenario. I achieved conditions for the MV, yet at the end of scenario I get "Axis surrendered" message and I get thrown out into the main menu. I captured all VHs except Dnepropetrovsk. I captured whole Kharkov (condition for MV). Yet I get thrown out of the game, as if I lost. Also I don't understand the "axis surrendered" message.

On the side node it's ridiculous how strong are Tiger tanks compared to ANYTHING and also how strong are FW190s compared to any soviet fighter :( It takes me 8 units to destroy one Tiger. Maybe I should go for strategic bombers after all...
nikivdd

Post by nikivdd »

timek28 wrote:I've encountered problem at Karkhov43 scenario. I achieved conditions for the MV, yet at the end of scenario I get "Axis surrendered" message and I get thrown out into the main menu. I captured all VHs except Dnepropetrovsk. I captured whole Kharkov (condition for MV). Yet I get thrown out of the game, as if I lost. Also I don't understand the "axis surrendered" message.

On the side node it's ridiculous how strong are Tiger tanks compared to ANYTHING and also how strong are FW190s compared to any soviet fighter :( It takes me 8 units to destroy one Tiger. Maybe I should go for strategic bombers after all...
I must have missed that mistake because i had a DV in this scenario. A error was found in the MV victory conditions. I added the correction as attachment here. If you do not wish to restart, just do an Endscn 1 if you took all VH in Kharkov.
The whole package will be updated, soon as RV! 2 - DLC 3 is uploaded to the server.

Tigers are a pain, at least for some time. I managed to take them out, with a tactical bomber and artillery fire, followed by a tank attack. If it was not destroyed yet, and it moved as a result, than i send another tactical bomber on it.
Attachments
Kharkov43.rar
(8.79 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
timek28

Post by timek28 »

nikivdd wrote: I must have missed that mistake because i had a DV in this scenario. A error was found in the MV victory conditions. I added the correction as attachment here. If you do not wish to restart, just do an Endscn 1 if you took all VH in Kharkov.
What do you mean by doing Endscn 1? I tried loading the new scenario, but it still gets the wrong ending. I guess copying new file over the previous one and loading last move isn't what you meant...
Soldberg
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Soldberg »

endscn # = cheat

press sametime in the game "strg" + "shift" + "alt" + "C" for open the cheatbox... write endscn and a value between 0 and 2

and you win (0, 1) or loss (2) the current map...

see also: viewtopic.php?f=125&t=21909#p201431
timek28

Post by timek28 »

Thank you very much :) As a matter of fact I might restart campaign from Vyazma scenario altogether as Nikki has changed MV conditions, so I might get 2 additional scenarios for core boosting.

Also it seems that beta testers got only DVs since MV conditions have not been checked thoroughly :)
nikivdd

Post by nikivdd »

timek28 wrote:Thank you very much :) As a matter of fact I might restart campaign from Vyazma scenario altogether as Nikki has changed MV conditions, so I might get 2 additional scenarios for core boosting.

Also it seems that beta testers got only DVs since MV conditions have not been checked thoroughly :)
We got mostly MVs ourselves but in the case of Kharkov, we both got a DV.
timek28

Post by timek28 »

I'm sorry. I wasn't clear enough.

I didn't want to say that 2 scenarios have wrong MV conditions. I wanted to say that one scenario had a wrong MV condition (Kharkov43) but the other had the MV bar set too high (Vyazma). The fact that you got MV on Vyazma says that you played extremely well, not that MV conditions where not fulfilled as in Kharkhov43 :)
nikivdd

Post by nikivdd »

timek28 wrote:I'm sorry. I wasn't clear enough.

I didn't want to say that 2 scenarios have wrong MV conditions. I wanted to say that one scenario had a wrong MV condition (Kharkov43) but the other had the MV bar set too high (Vyazma). The fact that you got MV on Vyazma says that you played extremely well, not that MV conditions where not fulfilled as in Kharkhov43 :)
I know what you meant. That's why i was only talking about Kharkov. In the meantime the full package has been updated. I forgot an update for the German localisation, but it will have to wait till next year. That is all for this year.
timek28

Post by timek28 »

Thanks for all the hard work :)
nikivdd

Re: Allied General original campaign for Panzer Corps (30/04

Post by nikivdd »

Allied General: British campaign v0.1

I updated the old version with some prestige tweaks and capturable equipment.
v0.1 contains 9 scenarios from Sidi Barrani up to the Mareth Line.
The old version must be removed before extracting the updated version.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/v1gzny

In the next update you can expect more scenarios.
Scenario list for v0.1: Sidi Barrani, El Agheila 41, Crusader, Mersa el Brega, Cairo, Gazala, Tripoli, El Alamein, Mareth Line.

I fired up Wino's fpge program to convert the remaining 9 maps of Allied General to Panzer Corps.
Oxybeles
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Allied General original campaign for PzC (30/04/16)

Post by Oxybeles »

Need to renew the link...
nikivdd

Re: Allied General original campaign for PzC (30/04/16)

Post by nikivdd »

Oxybeles wrote:Need to renew the link...
I'm still searching for that file, no luck yet.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”