Royal Hungarian Army - Zrínyi Campaign, v0.9 (08.12.2015)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

BR4ZIL
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Royal Hungarian Army - Zrínyi Campaign

Post by BR4ZIL »

ThvN wrote:Speaking of the Hungarian airforce, will there be seperate units to represent the MÁVAG Héja (modified Re.2000), and perhaps even the 'what-if' fighter based on the cancelled He-112 license, the WM-23?
I made earlier thoughts about that but I than cancelled to put it in the campaign. It was too far for me from the reality as it's production was not cancelled by outer powers (like bombings) but inner mechanical problems. But the already mentioned armour types will be there. :)
I know Wikipedia isnt the end all source of info, but it had this to say about the WM-23:

"After the licensed production of the He 112B fell through in 1939, the plan was to switch the production line to build a Manfred-Weiss-designed aircraft called the W.M.23 Ezüst Nyíl ("Silver Arrow"). The aircraft was basically a He 112B adapted to local construction; the wings were wooden versions of the He 112's planform, the fuselage was made of plywood over a steel frame, and the engine was a licensed version of the 746 kW (1,000 hp)-class Gnome-Rhone Mistral-Major radial.

It would seem that this "simplified" aircraft would be inferior to the He 112, but in fact the higher-powered engine made all the difference and the W.M.23 proved to be considerably faster than the He 112. Nevertheless, work proceeded slowly and only one prototype was built. The project was eventually canceled outright when the prototype crashed in early 1942. It is still a mystery why so little work had been done in those two years on what appeared to be an excellent design."

So, maybe we could get the WM-23 in a "what if" scenario? i mean, surely the first prototype crashed, but then again, it was the first prototype!

Maybe in a winning path Hungarian R&D would get more time to develop a working WM-23? Maybe as a "bonus unit" in the last scenarios! There is always the "since we are winning, let us test our new aircraft" situation!

I mean, unless Wikipedia is terribly wrong with its info, it seems the WM-23 is no more or less plausible than the end-game german aircraft in the normal game.
Uhu
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by Uhu »

I don't plan it to put it in the campaign. The info is new for me about the WM-23, thanks for that!
But even there was a prototype, there is no clear information, how it could have been performed in the battles. The armament seems also quite weak for late war use. So it is still more a fantasy for me, than reality.
But you can enjoy the "what if" steal beast, what will be presented as a possibility to have! :wink:
BR4ZIL wrote:
ThvN wrote:Speaking of the Hungarian airforce, will there be seperate units to represent the MÁVAG Héja (modified Re.2000), and perhaps even the 'what-if' fighter based on the cancelled He-112 license, the WM-23?
I made earlier thoughts about that but I than cancelled to put it in the campaign. It was too far for me from the reality as it's production was not cancelled by outer powers (like bombings) but inner mechanical problems. But the already mentioned armour types will be there. :)
I know Wikipedia isnt the end all source of info, but it had this to say about the WM-23:

"After the licensed production of the He 112B fell through in 1939, the plan was to switch the production line to build a Manfred-Weiss-designed aircraft called the W.M.23 Ezüst Nyíl ("Silver Arrow"). The aircraft was basically a He 112B adapted to local construction; the wings were wooden versions of the He 112's planform, the fuselage was made of plywood over a steel frame, and the engine was a licensed version of the 746 kW (1,000 hp)-class Gnome-Rhone Mistral-Major radial.

It would seem that this "simplified" aircraft would be inferior to the He 112, but in fact the higher-powered engine made all the difference and the W.M.23 proved to be considerably faster than the He 112. Nevertheless, work proceeded slowly and only one prototype was built. The project was eventually canceled outright when the prototype crashed in early 1942. It is still a mystery why so little work had been done in those two years on what appeared to be an excellent design."

So, maybe we could get the WM-23 in a "what if" scenario? i mean, surely the first prototype crashed, but then again, it was the first prototype!

Maybe in a winning path Hungarian R&D would get more time to develop a working WM-23? Maybe as a "bonus unit" in the last scenarios! There is always the "since we are winning, let us test our new aircraft" situation!

I mean, unless Wikipedia is terribly wrong with its info, it seems the WM-23 is no more or less plausible than the end-game german aircraft in the normal game.
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

I will finish this campaign - but as you see, it happens slowly... :)
My question is: should I release the first part of it?
It will anyway released in two parts, because of technical/gameplay reasons: part I - 1938-1943, part II - 1943-1945. The only "problem" will be, when you end the first part, you have to wait until the release of the second part.
asuser
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by asuser »

Hallo UHU!

Wenns nach mir ginge, würde ich sagen, klar her mit dem Teil!

I would say YES! If there isn't a technical problem if you have played the first part and then update to the second one? Alternatively we have to play the complete campaign again. Currently I can't get enough of the Hungarian stuff...

Grüße aus Brandenburg!
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

asuser wrote:Hallo UHU!
Wenns nach mir ginge, würde ich sagen, klar her mit dem Teil!
I would say YES!
Verstanden, Herr Major! ;) All right, Captain! :)
asuser wrote:If there isn't a technical problem...
It's not a real problem. I wanted to have some changes in the eqp file under the campaign: for example, in the history, while the Hungarian panzer crews had the possibility in 1942/early 1943 to use Pz 38(t)G's, Pz IVF's and Pz IVF/2's, in start of 1944, they had only Turán I's, II's (and Toldi IIa's and Zrínyi II, but they are other type of armor). I saw only one way to force this change, with a new eqp file. Otherway who would want to "upgrade" his long barelled Pz IVF/2 to a short barelled Turán II (similar to Pz IVF)? :)
The game saves work of course in the 2nd part.
BR4ZIL
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by BR4ZIL »

Aye, please do release it!

Cant wait to try it out! :D
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

Part I is published, you can download it at the start of this topic!
Feedback is welcome! :)
BR4ZIL wrote:Aye, please do release it!

BR4ZIL
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by BR4ZIL »

Uhu wrote:Part I is published, you can download it at the start of this topic!

Uhu wrote:Part I is published, you can download it at the start of this topic!

Hey there!

Unfortunately, your mod seems to suffer the same audio bug from the Turan campaign mod. I reported this to MrGuba and he fixed it in a patch.

Btw, the bug occurs like this, when i first start a map, the sound gets all garbled and after a few seconds the game crashes.
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

Thanks for reporting,I didn't know about that. I will ask McGuba, how this problem can be fixed.
BR4ZIL wrote:
Hey there!

Unfortunately, your mod seems to suffer the same audio bug from the Turan campaign mod. I reported this to MrGuba and he fixed it in a patch.

Btw, the bug occurs like this, when i first start a map, the sound gets all garbled and after a few seconds the game crashes.
BR4ZIL
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Royal Hungarian Army - Zrínyi Campaign, v0.9 (14.10.2014

Post by BR4ZIL »

Hey, well Mcguba mentioned thats a problem with the newer Panzer Corps patch that only allows certain audio codecs.

On his mod topic he provided:
Hi,

It is indeed a sound related problem. :( Interestingly enough, while the earlier versions of PzC could handle mp3 files encoded with many codecs, the latest Steam version only seems to support certain codecs and if the game music is not encoded with these the game crashes.

So what you have to do is to overwrite the "battlefield.mp3" file in your "...\Panzer Corps\MODS\Hungarian Mod v1.1\Audio\Music\" folder with this corrected "battlefield.mp3" file, which is encoded with the right codec:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/qqoqc ... efield.mp3

And then you have to disable and reinstall the mod with the GME.

This should make the game run on the Steam version.

P.S.
I do plan to release an update to this mod as well, which, among other changes, would fix this known problem as well, but I still work on the next update for the Battlefield: Europe mod and I would release that one first. One at a time...
Its just a "battlefield.mp3" file, apparently.

I used his and overwrote yours and the mod seems to be working fine now :D

Btw, do you plan on keeping the Briefings from the Turan campaign? or thats just a placeholder until the "1.0" release?

I am a sucker for briefings and i specially loved your Italian Campaign ones, just saying :D
Cataphract88
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Cataphract88 »

Thanks a lot for making this available to us, Uhu. :D :D :D
Richard
asuser

Post by asuser »

Hello Uhu,

I loaded today your new campaign. With GME it's easy as ever...

Nice startscreen and I'm looking for new units and changes in the map construction. Korotoyak is new and Alexeyevka is a little bigger...? Seems to be...
Cataphract88
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Cataphract88 »

asuser wrote:Hello Uhu,

Nice startscreen and I'm looking for new units and changes in the map construction. Korotoyak is new and Alexeyevka is a little bigger...? Seems to be...
Got to say I agree with Asuer there, it is a very nice start screen. :D
Richard
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

Thank you!
The already known maps from the Turan campaign play - except the 1st one - also very different and also the whole campaign has a different feeling.
Korotoyak has already existed, all scenarios were renamed to avoid mixture with the Turan's maps. I suggest to look for the difference and the scenario list in the first posts of the topic.
asuser wrote:Hello Uhu,

Last edited by Uhu on Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

You are welcome! It was the same, as with the IC 2.0 - I wanted to make a campaign, which I enjoy and so I created/modified one. :wink:
Richard1 wrote:Thanks a lot for making this available to us, Uhu. :D :D :D
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

Thanks for the advise, I will look for it. I'm happy, that you could find the solution meanwhile.

About the briefings: well, first I planned to make whole different briefings. There are two challenges with that. 1., It costs a huge amount of energy to create them - even in Hungarian language. 2., My English has many errors, so I would need a corrector - I had one for the 60-70% of the IC 2.0, but he don't makes this anymore.
BR4ZIL wrote:Hey, well Mcguba mentioned thats a problem with the newer Panzer Corps patch that only allows certain audio codecs.

Btw, do you plan on keeping the Briefings from the Turan campaign? or thats just a placeholder until the "1.0" release?

I am a sucker for briefings and i specially loved your Italian Campaign ones, just saying :D
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

I overwrote the Battlefield.mp3 file, I hope now everything works fine.
BR4ZIL
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by BR4ZIL »

Uhu wrote:Thanks for the advise, I will look for it. I'm happy, that you could find the solution meanwhile.

About the briefings: well, first I planned to make whole different briefings. There are two challenges with that. 1., It costs a huge amount of energy to create them - even in Hungarian language. 2., My English has many errors, so I would need a corrector - I had one for the 60-70% of the IC 2.0, but he don't makes this anymore.
BR4ZIL wrote:Hey, well Mcguba mentioned thats a problem with the newer Panzer Corps patch that only allows certain audio codecs.

Well, do whats best for you, but i will say this, i found your IC briefings to be much more "energetic" than other mods (*cough* better than Mcguba's "depressing ones" *cough* *cough*) :P

As a non english native speaker myself (can you guess my home country, hit: look at my name!) i have no problem with a few mistakes here and there, the overall mission and idea of what was going on was always understandable.

I think your briefings gave me a feeling i was actually speaking with the adjuntant officer (just like with the original PC), while with McGuba's i have a feeling i am reading this "austere/emotionless" report/paper. In the end its just diferent styles but i prefer yours better.

Hell, if you write then, dont be ashamed of throwing hungarian expressions or words here and there, it would just become even more awesome!
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

Well, thanks, you gave me the inspiration. I will work on this, let's see, what comes out! :)
BR4ZIL wrote: ...
Hell, if you write then, dont be ashamed of throwing hungarian expressions or words here and there, it would just become even more awesome!
BR4ZIL
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by BR4ZIL »

Uhu wrote:Well, thanks, you gave me the inspiration. I will work on this, let's see, what comes out! :)
BR4ZIL wrote: ...

Glad to have helped :)

You probably saw this kind of thing before, but putting a foreign word (hungarian) in a text can really make it stands out.

Off the top of my head, i remember "Lets move out, kinder,hurry up!" from Company of Heroes 2 and "German Suki! You will not get away!!!" from Red Orchestra 2. The Red Orchestra 2 one even made me google "suki" to learn it means "bitches" in russian!

But of course, there are countless other examples.

As you can see, this turns a average quote (if it was written/spoken in complete english) into something that many find it memorable :D

Here's hoping to play your mod soon! As for now, i still have to beat IC!

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”