Guille's PzCorps Support Base - Multipurpose Icons and more.

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

TigerTiger007
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Guille's PzCorps Support Base - Multipurpose Icons and m

Post by TigerTiger007 »

These all look so cool. How do I download them, and how do I get them to play in the game? I especially like the Kubelwagens, my father used to own one back in the 1970's.

Do I need to add something to the equipment list?

I am very new at this so please be as detailed as possible on how to add new units so I can use them in the game and with the Editor to make my own scenarios.

Thank you very much.
"It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers."
guille1434
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by guille1434 »

Hello Tiger... Regrettably, it is not a straightforward operation to include one icon to be played in the game. If you are not familiar to basic computing operations, I don´t think you should try, but the basic operations are:

- 1) Include the icon(s) in the Graphics/Units folder
- 2) Edit the equipment.pzeqp (in the Data folder) file to include a new line with the new unit data. The name present in the Icon (icon name) cell of the spreadsheet should exactly match the name of the icon graphic file (see point 1).
- 3) Edit the efx.pzdat (in the Graphics folder) file to include a new line with the fire and movement effects for the new unit. Again, the first cell in the new line should exactly match the icon file name.

You should give a look to the innards of the mentioned files to see how the system work before start editing. It is not a simple operation, but anyone can learn how to do it with some practice.
Good luck!
Last edited by guille1434 on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

A new version of the Panzer 38(t)A icon, in order to complete Nikivdd equipment file (which uses some "regular grey" icons for SS units). So, here it is a SS-colored Pz38(t)A icon in its regular, and recon versions. This last one, with the commander standing in his cupola scanning the field with his binoculars. Also, I include a regular Pz IIC icon in SS colors, which was also missing from said equipment file. Enjoy!
Attachments
SS_Panzer_IIC.png
SS_Panzer_IIC.png (25.36 KiB) Viewed 4678 times
SS_Pz38(t)A-recon.png
SS_Pz38(t)A-recon.png (25.46 KiB) Viewed 4678 times
SS_Pz38(t)A.png
SS_Pz38(t)A.png (24.92 KiB) Viewed 4678 times
TigerTiger007
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by TigerTiger007 »

guille1434 wrote:Hello Tiger... Regrettably, it is not a straightforward operation to include one icon to be played in the game. If you are not familiar to basic computing operations, I don´t think you should try, but the basic operations are:

- 1) Include the icon(s) in the Graphics/Units folder
- 2) Edit the equipment.pzeqp (in the Data folder) file to include a new line with the new unit data. The name present in the Icon (icon name) cell of the spreadsheet should exactly match the name of the icon graphic file (see point 1).
- 3) Edit the efx.pzdat (in the Graphics folder) file to include a new line with the fire and movement effects for the new unit. Again, the first cell in the new line should exactly match the icon file name.

You should give a look to the innards of the mentioned files to see how the system work before start editing. It is not a simple operation, but anyone can learn how to do it with some practice.
Good luck!
Hi Guille,

I have done this with the Kubelwagen, I figured I would start small. I copied the stats from the Jeep to use, numbered it, put the file in Graphics and copied the jeep sound in the efx folder but it still did not show up in Editor or in my games as a playable unit. I was able to get the Jeep as a recon vehicle to purchase, by taking off the nonpurchase and dropping the price to 75. It works and I have been using it in Allied Corps since yesterday with no problems. I even added a different picture for the StugIIIB (a Dunkelgelb one) and made the StugIIIA purchaseable and that worked, but I cannot seem to get the Kubelwagen to be recognized by the game nor any of Bebros Japanese units.

Did I miss a step?
"It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers."
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Tiger: Mmmm, hard to know what's wrong... May be you want to send me your files to check (equipment and efx)... My mail: williempxhotmail.com (change the x for a @).
TigerTiger007
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by TigerTiger007 »

guille1434 wrote:Tiger: Mmmm, hard to know what's wrong... May be you want to send me your files to check (equipment and efx)... My mail: williempxhotmail.com (change the x for a @).
I figured it out, I had the wrong country code for my Kubelwagen. I went to buy another Jeep as recon since mine got killed and there was a Kubelwagen in there also. One question though, I made the Kubelwagen able to purchase, but on the far right where it shows the stats instead of showing the picture it shows a small white square, am I supposed to add something to show the picture?
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Ok. I just read your postings in other threads in this forum. And yet, there is another file you need to add: The big unit portrait... This is a 256x256 pixel .png file which should be placed in the UI/Bigunits directory in the game folder... You can have a look of the images stored in that folder to know the style of them. In general I use internet images of scale models or sprites from other games of the subject in question. In this case, I found the image attached, which I think is a suitable one. The image stored in that folder is the one shown in the unit information screen.
Attachments
Kubelwagen.png
Kubelwagen.png (32.02 KiB) Viewed 4650 times
TigerTiger007
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by TigerTiger007 »

Thank you, that worked perfectly. I have now added three custom units and they all work! I created my forst two scenarios as well, a small naval battle and a small land battle. Pretty soon I will create my own campaign!
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

TigerTiger007: I'm glad you could make it all work! Good luck with your modding work... Don't forget t upload your new campaign when you finish it! 8)
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Improved icon for the Do-17P recon aircraft, this time I also made a "landed" icon for it. I use this one to upgrade the Ju-87 with Hans Rudel hero that is given to the player when starting the GC39 first battle (Poznan). Or, at least, this happens in the GC39 extended version made by Nikivdd... 8)
Attachments
Do-17P_Rudel-recon.png
Do-17P_Rudel-recon.png (28.15 KiB) Viewed 4455 times
Do-17P_Rudel-landed.png
Do-17P_Rudel-landed.png (20.24 KiB) Viewed 4455 times
Do-17P_Rudel-attack.png
Do-17P_Rudel-attack.png (28.17 KiB) Viewed 4455 times
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

More early war German equipment... To fill up the units roster used in my current game play... A Bf-109E-7 / E-7/B fighter/fighter-bomber (can also be used for the Bf-109E-4 and E-4/B)...
Made with a new base icon (my previous attempt looked really weird in outline for a Bf-109).
Enjoy!!
Attachments
Bf-109E-7B.png
Bf-109E-7B.png (18.37 KiB) Viewed 4452 times
Bf-109E-7.png
Bf-109E-7.png (18.29 KiB) Viewed 4452 times
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

The Sdkfz 222, revisited:

Here is a Sdkfz 222 unit pack, which includes:
Game ready icons (regular grey and SS camo), basic icons and masks for this vehicle, with three switches: Armored Car, Recon, and Air Defense.
Also, when in combat, now you can see (and hear) your Sdkfz 222 firing its gun in automatic mode (no more the 3.7 cm Pak animation and sound for it), because I made a special animation file for this recon unit (you can use the audio file from the 2 cm Flak AA Gun).

Enjoy!!
Attachments
SS_Sdkfz_222-AA.png
SS_Sdkfz_222-AA.png (21.05 KiB) Viewed 4359 times
Sdkfz_222-Recon.png
Sdkfz_222-Recon.png (18.47 KiB) Viewed 4359 times
Sdkfz_222 Unit Pack.rar
(185.53 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Here is the animation file for the auto-firing Sdkfz 222...
Attachments
2cm_Auto.png
2cm_Auto.png (183.41 KiB) Viewed 4359 times
Yrfin
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by Yrfin »

Hi Guille !

Im still like your PzC icons :)

SdfKz 222 are real good job.

First at all:
- Bf 109 (Fighter/Bomber version). Good enought for me. It will be in my YEFA mod of coz. "Landing" version are excelent for switching !
- What do you think about Ju 88 (T.Bomber/S.Bomber/Recon/HeavyFighter/Landed) Icons Pack ?
Same for Fw 190 (Except S.Bomber of coz).

And I hope you can make Pz II (Recon) icon like Pz 38(t) :)

PS. One thing. Make your ALL versions icons in "rar/zip" version plz.
When im died - I must be a killed.
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Thanks Yrfin for your nice opinions... I am glad you liked the new icons...

About your requests:

- Bf-109: Nice you find use for those icons... I still have to upload the complete unit pack, which includes the base icons, a template to add the landing gear and stopped propeller to any 109 variant, and some more ready-to-use icons.

- Ju-88: This will be one of my next projects to undertake, meantime I made a new icon for the He-111... I still have to make its "landed" version, because it can also be made "switchable" between strategic/tactical and torpedo bomber (the He-111H-6 variant). Also those icons are pending to be uploaded here.

- Fw-190: This will be made in the near future, because for now I'm concentrated in updating the icons for hardware used in the 1939-40 timeframe.

- PzII (recon): Presto! I can make it very soon...

8)
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

The recon versions icons for the SS and regular Heer Panzer IIC... Cheers!
Attachments
SS_Panzer_IIC-Recon.png
SS_Panzer_IIC-Recon.png (25.99 KiB) Viewed 4318 times
Panzer_IIC-Recon.png
Panzer_IIC-Recon.png (31.06 KiB) Viewed 4318 times
Yrfin

Post by Yrfin »

guille1434 wrote: meantime I made a new icon for the He-111... I still have to make its "landed" version, because it can also be made "switchable" between strategic/taoictical and torpedo bomber (the He-111H-6 variant). Also those icons are pending to be uploaded here.
Good idea. So I can add switchable He 111 version to my Mod in future. Wow.
guille1434 wrote: - PzII (recon): Presto! I can make it very soon..
8)
Bingo !
guille1434 wrote: - Fw-190: This will be made in the near future, because for now I'm concentrated in updating the icons for hardware used in the 1939-40 timeframe.
ok. You can think about Bf 109F series in near future (April 1941).
When im died - I must be a killed.
cw58
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by cw58 »

guille1434 wrote:Here is the animation file for the auto-firing Sdkfz 222...
Sweet! Thanks for the animation file. Been making do with an AAMG_AT file but now I'm moving up in the world :D
captainjack
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by captainjack »

Thanks so much. I will have to remind myself how to offset animations so I can use them for a few other things with autocannon (Panhard, Italian recon and maybe LRDG and Sahariana).
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Thanks guys for the positive feedback! In my case, I find it easier, and less time consuming, to make "custom" animations to each icon than to be tinkering with the offsets...

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”