Guille's PzCorps Support Base - Multipurpose Icons and more.

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

guille1434
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Re: Guille's PzCorps Support Base - Multipurpose Icons and more.

Post by guille1434 »

Another "generic" unit replaced... This time is about the Norwegian Mountain Infantry unit... This one used the generic "West_Allied_Mtn.png" icon, but I took this last icon and made it look a bit more distinctive by means of changing and recoloring some parts. You can just replace the previous one with this, it will be compatible with the animation and sound files.
Enjoy!
Attachments
Nor_Mnt_Inf39.png
Nor_Mnt_Inf39.png (18.51 KiB) Viewed 4896 times
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

With the new movement type introduced for medium and heavy tanks in my .eqp file, Bridge Engineer units will be surely more needed to support river crossings by those armored units. In consequence, I though it would be nice to have a readily identifiable transport unit icon for such an important unit, and follow its whereabouts over the battlefield map. Because of that reason, here I present the Schwere Pioniertransporter L4500, which is a version of the Mercedes Benz L4500 truck adapted to carry the pontoons and related bridge building materials. In fact, it is a modification of an icon that was released long ago, but I think it looks a little better now.

Enjoy! 8)
Attachments
SS_sPioniertransp_L4500.png
SS_sPioniertransp_L4500.png (33.18 KiB) Viewed 4825 times
sPioniertransp_L4500.png
sPioniertransp_L4500.png (20.76 KiB) Viewed 4825 times
sPioniertransp_L4500 Unit Pack.rar
(52.36 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

A new, updated, expanded and improved unit pack for the German Brückenpioniere:

- Two types of pontoon transporters with basic icons and masks (each one in regular Heer and SS/SE colors).
- Brückenpioniere Infantry icons (again in Heer and SS/SE colors).
- An extra icon of a trailer with pontoons loaded (with base icon and mask).

Happy bridge building! 8)
Attachments
SS_sPioniertransp_L4500.png
SS_sPioniertransp_L4500.png (33.51 KiB) Viewed 4767 times
Bruckenpioniere39-1.png
Bruckenpioniere39-1.png (22.53 KiB) Viewed 4767 times
Brucken Pioniere Unit Pack.rar
(229.69 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
uzbek2012
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by uzbek2012 »

Just fine ! And the Assault brigade of the red army: the elite of the red army, when it will be ?
https://pikabu.ru/story/shturmovyie_bri ... ka_4373506
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Hello Uzbek:

Yes... the Red Army Assault Sappers, with their steel body armor, a most interesting unit for me to have in the equipment file... But I find very difficult to make the armor visually distinguishable in such a small icon. Nevertheless, I will try to make an icon for this special infantry type unit... :-)
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Another reworked unit, the Sdkfz.7 half track tractor and transport vehicle. This basic icon is for the artillery tractor version, with quite a lot of extra templates to make numerous combinations of open or canvas canopy vehicles.

Enjoy!! 8)
Attachments
Sdkfz.7 Unit Pack.rar
(182.58 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
SS_SdKfz_7-Canvas.png
SS_SdKfz_7-Canvas.png (31.25 KiB) Viewed 4655 times
SdKfz_7.png
SdKfz_7.png (22.95 KiB) Viewed 4655 times
nono hard et heavy
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by nono hard et heavy »

hello Mister Guille, it's again french. I have a question for you about your mod PzCorps Unit Collection and Masks. There are several files (Belgium, Bridge engineers, ...). Where should I place them? Do the new units appear in all dlc? Thanks
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Hello Nono!
Well, as you can see, I uploaded two "packs" of files... There was a smaller download (24 Mb) that was the "Equipment Mod" with everything ready to "install" in the PzCorps game directory and play. At present, the process seems to be complicated, but really it is not, supposing that you have some basic knowledge about operating (moving, copying, overwriting) with computer files. The procedure is explained in the same posting I attached the files (that was on September, 9th).

The other download, was bigger (90 Mb or so) and I think this is the one you are talking about (with several folders, Bridge Engineers, Belgium, etc...) That folder "classification" is only for my personal organization of files, and that collection is not in a ready format to be used in the game, because many of them lacks their animation, sound files, and their stats are not indicated in the all important equipment.pzdat file. So, this bigger "pack" is a just a collection of icons mainly targeted to modders who want to add some units to their respective works, which also includes a lot of basic masks and icons to allow other people to "paint" the icons with any skin they want (there are, literally, thousands of different camo skins available, I think). Fortunately, many of the units you see in this bigger pack are included in the "game ready" format (the smaller unit pack, of which I was first talking about).

If there are a particular unit you want to see included in the game, just tell me and I will include it in the "game ready" unit pack.

Merci beaucoup!! 8) (This is practically all I know about French language!!) :-)
nono hard et heavy

guille1434 wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:47 pm Hello Nono!
Well, as you can see, I uploaded two "packs" of files... There was a smaller download (24 Mb) that was the "Equipment Mod" with everything ready to "install" in the PzCorps game directory and play. At present, the process seems to be complicated, but really it is not, supposing that you have some basic knowledge about operating (moving, copying, overwriting) with computer files. The procedure is explained in the same posting I attached the files (that was on September, 9th).

The other download, was bigger (90 Mb or so) and I think this is the one you are talking about (with several folders, Bridge Engineers, Belgium, etc...) That folder "classification" is only for my personal organization of files, and that collection is not in a ready format to be used in the game, because many of them lacks their animation, sound files, and their stats are not indicated in the all important equipment.pzdat file. So, this bigger "pack" is a just a collection of icons mainly targeted to modders who want to add some units to their respective works, which also includes a lot of basic masks and icons to allow other people to "paint" the icons with any skin they want (there are, literally, thousands of different camo skins available, I think). Fortunately, many of the units you see in this bigger pack are included in the "game ready" format (the smaller unit pack, of which I was first talking about).

If there are a particular unit you want to see included in the game, just tell me and I will include it in the "game ready" unit pack.

Merci beaucoup!! 8) (This is practically all I know about French language!!) :-)
Mr Guille, thank you for your explanation. I have 53 years old and i understand moving, copying and overwriting. :D . for me, google translation is necessary for talk with forum members. I appreciate your efforts in French :D . Your phrase with more : merci beaucoup mademoiselle (thank you so much miss).
uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

Hello guille1434 ! That's great news !
http://beutepanzer.ru/Beutepanzer/main.htm

Special overalls made of copper mesh, circa 1930, for exploration and overcoming of electrified wire barriers ;)
Hit the enemy with a high volt!
https://pogo-on-air.livejournal.com/1104653.html
speedythefreak
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by speedythefreak »

Great looking version of the SdKfz 7 Guille ! Thanks !
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Thanks Speedy, Uzbek, and all others for the continued support...

Now, the focus turns to the Pacific theater of war... The F6F Hellcat was, most probably, the fighter that turned the tide against the Japanese in the Pacific, besides, in my opinion was a very good looking aircraft, particularly when painted in the three-tone blue Navy camo!

So, the story with this icon is a very special one... There is a guy who now resides in the USA, that happens to be my best friend, more like a brother to me. We went together to high school, we met when we both were thirteen years old, and kept our friendship till now, and I am sure forever... I am still in Argentina (and I think I will ever be) and he went to the USA some years ago, but we are still very close.

This brother of mine is a very talented surgeon, so you will suppose that he is very dexterous with his hands... Also, he happens to be an enthusiast aircraft modeller, and he likes to build WWII aircraft models, with focus at present on the Pacific war models. So, he built not long ago a superb model of a F6F Hellcat, and I asked him to shot some photos of it in the correct angle in order to make a PzCorps icon out of it... Here are the results, I hope you like it!! :-)
Attachments
F6F-5_Hellcat.png
F6F-5_Hellcat.png (26.5 KiB) Viewed 4470 times
cw58

Post by cw58 »

Cool icon and a very cool story! Tell your friend to build more of them :)
nono hard et heavy

Sans titre.png
Sans titre.png (161.55 KiB) Viewed 4227 times
. Hello mr Guille. As you can see, I have a problem with your mod. I play panzer corps gold edition 1.30. I used two methods with the same result : 1 with jsgme, 2 with copy paste and overwrite. The same thing every time as shown in the picture. I went to see on the forum in topic "how to add new unit", look the equipment.pzeqp file, look efx file and everything looks ok. In equipement.pzeqp here is the entrance : 10027 Brandenburger 39 (x numbers) Brandenburger39.png and in efx : Brandenburger39.png "(,-)" "(-,-)" "(,)" "(,)" Brandenburger39. Do you have an explanation. Thanks.
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Hello Nono:

You are making everything correct in both ways... The problem is that many big unit portraits are missing from my "mod". Because of lack of time, I tend to leave the making of big units for "later", which usually means "far future"... :-) After all, they are not as important as the icon themselves because they don't show on the game map while you are playing. Of course, it is a nice thing to see the big unit in the right of the screen when you are in the purchase or update game screens. I made today the four big units portraits for the Brandenburger units, because there are Brandenburger '39 and '40 versions each one with their "combat" and "recon" switches. I am attaching the unit pack here... You have to download the compressed file and copy the images files contained in it right inside the UI/bigunits folder in the game directory, and of course, they should be named exactly the same as their correspondent icon files to make them able to show in the purchase/update game screens.

Enjoy!!
Attachments
2018-10-13 18_43_26.jpg
2018-10-13 18_43_26.jpg (118.68 KiB) Viewed 4198 times
Brandenburger40.png
Brandenburger40.png (24.11 KiB) Viewed 4198 times
Brandenburger 39-40 Bigunits.rar
(92.49 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
nono hard et heavy

guille1434 wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:55 pm Hello Nono:

You are making everything correct in both ways... The problem is that many big unit portraits are missing from my "mod". Because of lack of time, I tend to leave the making of big units for "later", which usually means "far future"... :-) After all, they are not as important as the icon themselves because they don't show on the game map while you are playing. Of course, it is a nice thing to see the big unit in the right of the screen when you are in the purchase or update game screens. I made today the four big units portraits for the Brandenburger units, because there are Brandenburger '39 and '40 versions each one with their "combat" and "recon" switches. I am attaching the unit pack here... You have to download the compressed file and copy the images files contained in it right inside the UI/bigunits folder in the game directory, and of course, they should be named exactly the same as their correspondent icon files to make them able to show in the purchase/update game screens.

Enjoy!!
Thanks Mr Guille. I understand you : time is money :D . I encounter another problem in pz grand campaign 39. In a scenario (i don't remember the name), the polish train called Smierc, parked in a city, don't appear in the screen. But, when you click on the hexagon of the city (because yours units can't move on this hexagone, primary objective) the train is here :!: But your mod is very cool. It's a pleasure to play with him. Thanks.
uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

Will there be units for the joint English-Soviet invasion of Iran in 1941 ?
http://union.4bb.ru/viewtopic.php?id=634&p=12#p105681
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Nono: That scenario should be "Modlin Fortress", I remember finding the same mistake in some testing I made... Surely I forgot to correct it. The "phantom unit" problem happens when there is a difference between the name assigned to the unit in the equipment file and the matching graphic file (or when the graphic file is missing). So...

1) Open the equipment file, and check that the row corresponding to "Smierc" (the name of the Polish Armored train) has the name Pol_Orlik_Armored_Train_Aty.png in the icon row.
2) Make sure you have two files BOTH called "Pol_Orlik_Armored_Train_Aty.png in the Graphics/Units and UI/bigunits game folders

I attach both graphic files here and a corrected (and updated) equipment file, remember to rename the big unit portrait file name to read the same as the unit icon graphic file. Overwrite your mod equipment file with the present one and replace or add the two graphic files in their respective folders (as described in point 2 above).

Thanks for the feedback and have fun! 8)
Attachments
Pol_Orlik_Armored_Train_Aty.png
Pol_Orlik_Armored_Train_Aty.png (32.55 KiB) Viewed 4176 times
Pol_Orlik_Armored_Train_Aty(big).png
Pol_Orlik_Armored_Train_Aty(big).png (31.71 KiB) Viewed 4176 times
equipment.rar
(41.78 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
nono hard et heavy

Dear mr Guille. At the start of grand campaign 1939, i found several errors : no big units for Fj 7.5 cm GebG 36 At and Aty, same for SE Fj 7.5 cm GebG 36 At and Aty - 17 cm Kanone(E) Aty and Coast, same for SE 17 cm Kanone (E) At and Aty - Problem with SdKfz 10/4 : there are several entries: SdKfz_10/4 and SdKfz _10/4, no big units for Sentry, At and AA. I try many solutions with no result. Missing big unit SE Ju 87 B green camo. I resolved that with brown camo. Missing big unit Pz IID. I resolved that with Pz IIC. Missing big unit Bf 109D. In eqp pzc, errors (resolved) in lines 10701 and 10702 = Bf 110B at the beginning but further Bf 110C, problem on the purchase screen. Problem (resolved) with 3.7 cm FlaK 37, difference between unit and big picture (not the same writing). Well, that's all for today. I test your mod with big campaigns and I allow myself to tell you about the errors encountered as and when. Thanks for all.
nono hard et heavy

Hello. Another problem in Oslo scenario, in purchase menu, with the Sturmpanzer I At and Aty in big units and graphic. Solved with adding photos from the amulet mod by Messmann. If you are another solution ...

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”