The Mod Community wishes, suggestions and opinons

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

asuser
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: The Mod Community wishes, suggestions and opinons

Post by asuser »

Hi,
some ideas:

-Implementation of unit badges as ident. mark or award
-PC Version for pads
-Special move button for all units (eg. smoke launching for defence)
-Further devolopment of hex action (eg. wrecks of killed tanks, smoking effects for planes and ships or destroyed cities)

Greetings!
Horst
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by Horst »

In the scenario editor, I'd rather like to have percentage settings of Ammo and Fuel. This would make it much easier to handle because a) you don't need to know how much ammo/fuel this particular unit has and b) you don't need to bother about mod-tweaks that possibly changed the max. values.
Good thing of that change would be that existing scenarios would be hardly affected, because settings of 0 would equal 0% with same result, while 1 = 1% could be rounded-up to 1 ammo/fuel too, also about the same effect.
The only conflict is if a designer has previously given more ammo/fuel than the max. value. However, if a designer has e.g. turned a bomber into a recon plane with no ammo but more fuel to something over 100 fuel then such setting would still work fine.
LuftWFJ44
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by LuftWFJ44 »

Hi,

I'd have a few cosmetic suggestions:

- the submarines not firing back when attacked?
- the strategic bombers not turning towards the attacker when attacked?
- the units not quitting the transport automatically at the beggining of your turn?
- the aircraft carriers refuelling and rearming only planes with a specific trait?
shawkhan
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by shawkhan »

Would it be possible to adjust the relative sizes of the unit graphics to show some more realistic scale? A tiger tank for instance, should be much larger than a panzer I, and using a 17cm gun which is smaller than a 15cm gun really throws me for instance. Wouldn't have to be exact but having a smaller weapon shown as Larger than one that was actually larger in reality offends my sense of proportion.
konzev
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by konzev »

Is there a central place, where all the downloadable maps are stored, like for PG2 ?
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 »

check the design forum. Also there is a sticky for single and multiplayer maps.

Campaigns too!
Mark50
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Mark50 »

Could the button for Custom scenarios be placed at the top of the scenario panel instead of at the bottom? It just takes too many clicks/scrolls from the start of the game to getting into a custom made battle and by this time I think most people have played the original scenarios enough and probably just enter the scenario screen to test or play custom made scenarios.
Molve
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Molve »

Mark50 wrote:Could the button for Custom scenarios be placed at the top of the scenario panel instead of at the bottom? It just takes too many clicks/scrolls from the start of the game to getting into a custom made battle and by this time I think most people have played the original scenarios enough and probably just enter the scenario screen to test or play custom made scenarios.
What would be good is having "custom scenarios" added as a third tab, along with "campaign" and "scenario".

A one-click way to get straight to the list of custom scenarios would be a godsend. :)
Mark50

Post by Mark50 »

Would it be possible to enable the use of desert camo for the bigunits cards too? Basically I`m asking that a "desert" sub-folder could be created in Panzer Corps/UI/bigunits from which the game should load the bigunits cards IF the scenario is in the African/desert theater. Pretty much like the Panzer Corps/Graphics/Units/desert sub-folder functions for the graphics of the units that appear on the map. I`ve done a quick test by making a desert sub-folder in the bigunits location with a desert camo unit and it seems the engine ignores it. Consequently the units on the map appear in desert camo, but if you look at the recruitment/info panel the big card is sporting the European colours. It would be nice to have both in the same colours.

Now, to be clear, I`m not asking the game`s developers to make desert versions for all the bigunits cards. I`m just asking for the engine to load such cards if anyone in the modding community cares to make them. Basically the engine should look in Panzer Corps/Graphics/Units/desert and load the cards from there if the scenario is in the desert theater; if it doesn`t find any cards in the "desert" sub-folder it should load them from the main "Units" sub-folder as it does now.
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

Hi,

Well, it does not really seem that developers making comments here recently, but hopefully they are at least reading this topic. So basically what we would like to have is more AI zones. Currently modders can use only 32 AI zones in a scenario, which is fine for those conventional scenarios, but hardly enough for our large scale grand strategy mods. So please, if possible, increase the number or AI zones in the next patch, even doubling it to 64 would be great.

Thanks for considering.

Regards,
McGuba
ImageImage
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=36969
iceFlame
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by iceFlame »

McGuba wrote:So basically what we would like to have is more AI zones.
I'd just like to add my voice to support this request as well. While it seems likely that 32 zones is sufficient for most traditional scenario campaigns, it seems woefully inadequate for grand campaign style mods.

From what I've seen on the forums here, the 'grand campaign concept' adds a fresh dimension to the game and seems a very popular alternative. Based on the response, it appears to attract a great deal of attention from the community and serves to extend the life of the game in entirely new directions. As a result, I think you'd be doing yourself a great service by coding in additional zones.

Thank you very much for your kind consideration. :)
Go deep here: slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=49469
guille1434
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by guille1434 »

Yes, I second the opinons by McGuba and IceFlame... More AI zones (the more, the better!) will add new and exciting capabilities to the gama engine.

Also, I thank the PzCorps dev team for considering this... :-)
BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

I "third" what McGuba, Iceflame and Guille are saying - MORE AI ZONES (and better WWI style AI - currently I'm finding the AI is completely insane when defending a trench!)

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
Arvidus
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Arvidus »

Ever heard of a mod for Hearts of Iron 2 and Darkest Hour, called Kaiserreich?
It's the most popular mod in the community and over the years it's managed to expand and thoroughly develop a rich (and somewhat crazy) universe for an alternate history-mod.

Links
http://www.paradoxian.org/hoi2wiki/inde ... aiserreich
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/sho ... d-for-HOI2
Wiki
http://editthis.info/kaiserreich/

I suggest you check it out and read deeper into the story. But the basic premise is that during WWI, Germany manages to break through the western front and capture Paris. With France capitulating, Germany puts focus on the eastern front and send help to their allies eventually leading to victory for the Central Powers. Now the situation during the 1930s is swapped, the former members of The Entente embracing a dangerous and growing ideology, humiliated by defeat and a demanding treaty are gearing up for war with the worlds leading major power and her allies, The Second Reich.

I would love too see more interpretations and instalments of this universe and Panzer Corps is definitely a candidate.

Ofcourse Germany would be the main faction to play as. However, It would still be difficult to make a set campaign based on this mod, since there's a LOT of different things that can happen when playing it on HoI2 or DH. Syndicalist powers (replacing the Axis) can grow from anywhere in the world, but the major players are France, Britain, USA, Spain, Italy and Russia. Other conflicts, such as the Austro-Hungarian-, Spanish- and Second American Civil War as well as the divided powers of China and the growing threat from Japan can be intervened by Germany.

I think the proper name for such a campaign/mod would be... Kaiser Korps?... >_>
lsnoop
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by lsnoop »

Hello,

I would suggest reworking unit info windows a bit. Things "like Attack: 4 Defense: 3" are a bit challenging to imagine at once. The players are not always science-math nerds who read figures like words and calculate everything before it even appears on the screen.

Thus, I would suggest word descriptions like "Very Good Attack : Poor Defense : Excellent Spotting" as well as some historical background. I know that there is a library with word descriptions but lots of players don't bother browsing it.
peterw
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by peterw »

I would like to see a surface mode for the submarines (using the existing switching feature). :)

Actually all subs have only an underwater mode. This underwater mode should get the primary mode. The existing pictures can be used for the surface mode; the underwater mode need new pictures (e.g. a periscope and a shadow of the rest of the submarine).

The switching feature is actually mainly used for AT mode. It's generally a good idea using it for more units.
My Italian Panzer Corps campaign Italia Victor!:
http://www.streitmacht.com/downloads.php?view=detail&df_id=53
guille1434

Post by guille1434 »

Peterw: have you checked IceFlame's U-Boat mod? I think it has all that you ask for and then, some more. As an example submarines can have no less than five modes using the switching feature! It is a beautiful example of what can be done with imagination, careful design and the "switch" button... :-)

The link to this thread is in his signature:

slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=49469
peterw

Post by peterw »

@guille1434: Thank you!

Yes, I've seen the U-Boat mod. I even build-in his Type VII in my mod. I'll release in about two weeks at DMP. But as it's only in German most players will not see the switchable U-Boat Type VII in action.
OK, in the future I plan it to include in Italia Victor! too, which is in German and English.

Nevertheless I think it's a good idea Slitherine should generally offers submarines in two switch modes (or even more). It's no much work and it's historically (as far as I know subs drive more on surface as under water at this time).
iceFlame

Post by iceFlame »

peterw wrote:Yes, I've seen the U-Boat mod. I even build-in his Type VII in my mod. I'll release in about two weeks at DMP. But as it's only in German most players will not see the switchable U-Boat Type VII in action.
OK, in the future I plan it to include in Italia Victor! too, which is in German and English.
Awesome! Thanks for planning to include it in Italia Victor! I'll look forward to seeing it set sail! :D
Nevertheless I think it's a good idea Slitherine should generally offers submarines in two switch modes (or even more). It's no much work and it's historically (as far as I know subs drive more on surface as under water at this time).
Quite right about the Type VII boats spending most of their time on the surface, and I do agree it would be wonderful if the devs would include this type of functionality in the base game. To be honest, that's why I modded it in the first place. (As it seemed to me one of the biggest things missing from the stock game).
Go deep here: slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=49469
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Not sure if the devs still look here, but if they do, and intend to add modding possibilities (maybe with Sov Corps):

We can enter a maxstrength value in the eqp file, which is good. But this does not affect overstrength.

IMO it would be great if there was a second column that allows to specify overstrength numbers. So you could say unit type X can -regardless of maxstr. specified - have either no OV at all (0), or some other value entered. Not sure if values above 5 should be allowed. However, it would be cool to have this in the eqp file to get separate values per unit type. For example, you could limit OV for rare units, or for commando type units only, but have the rest go with the standard max of 5 (when OV column empty).

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”