Italian Campaign 2.0 (v.1.99b on 31st of May, 2023.)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Re: Italian Campaign 2.0 (v.1.6 on 25th May 2014)

Post by McGuba »

It is some great news, indeed! It has been quite some time since the last release so it deserves an update for sure. :D
ImageImage
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=36969
Uhu
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by Uhu »

McGuba wrote:It is some great news, indeed! It has been quite some time since the last release so it deserves an update for sure. :D
Thank you for the inspiration!
The only "problem" is, that after your BE and Turan scn scenarios, which are full of triggers and therefore with entertaining AI actions, some scenarios - especially, which were NOT made originaly by Nikivdd - are a little onesided, or even boring. Sometimes not really historical. (For example the Crete scn.) Of course, I could work on it to build triggers and test it and test it and test is, I just have the experience from Zrínyi campagin too, how much time it can take to make an enjoyable scn.
But I hope, still one day, you will play with the IC too! :)
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

- A brand new startscreen is created.
- It will possible to play the campaign from later stages (althrough it will be than very hard).

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

I don't seem to be able to find an updated link that works properly for this mod. Does anyone have an updated link they can share?
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

flakfernrohr wrote:I don't seem to be able to find an updated link that works properly for this mod. Does anyone have an updated link they can share?
The link is valid, although, it is working with the patch 1.22. Did you rename the doc extension to zip at the downloaded file? Or what was the issue?
As I finished with the development of the new IC version, I will upload it! :)
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

Uhu wrote:- A brand new startscreen is created.
- It will possible to play the campaign from later stages (althrough it will be than very hard).
Screens looks very nice, I like it! :D
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

There will be also a lot of in-game messages with pictures. The briefings and after-battle analysis will be also with pictures to give the campaign even more immersion.

Uhu

Post by Uhu »

Thank you, I hope, you will like the upgraded campaign too!
Magic1111 wrote:
Uhu wrote:- A brand new startscreen is created.
Screens looks very nice, I like it! :D
IAFGustie
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by IAFGustie »

This looks awesome, I didn´t play the old version so I am waiting for this one!
Magic1111
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Magic1111 »

Uhu wrote:Thank you, I hope, you will like the upgraded campaign too!
Sure! :wink:
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

I decided, that I add the possibility to use desert camo for Italian units too. The player can either change it with multipurpose option at the gift-armor, or simply make a free "upgrade" for the desert camo version and later "upgrade" it back to normal paintings, when the fightings are over in the desert.
The Brits and Americans have also their camo paintings, but that is not a news, because it was land-leased from the guys of the DMP team already in the earlier versions of the IC.

Carfax
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Carfax »

Oh my. As i was modding this campaign for my personal pleasure i stumbled over the the news for an updated campaign. What a treat.

The changes i want to make are cosmetic(transparent backgrounds for the award medals) and to have a have a upgrade line for the Macci line of planes.
Already changed the planes and the library accordingly.Im in the middle of converting the .png for the awards.
To bad im neither allowed to post screenshots as a new user (just entered the forum for this post) nor can i send them as a pm to you uhu.
if you want to have a look and know a reliable way for you to get the files just let me know. Btw you can use the images in your updated version if you so choose. Wouldn´t need mentioning either just consider it as
a thank you for the hours i allready enjoyed the campaing in its current form

Don´t know if it would interest you but i would be willing to translate all texts to german when your done with the update of the campaign. But not in advance i don´t want to spoil myself the updated experience

Best regards Carfax
okiemcguire
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by okiemcguire »

I still have only the IC 2.0 (v 1.6). Is there a link to get the latest? I have enjoyed this effort by you and Nico.
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

No, I'm working on the 1.9 version. Honestly, I actually do not work on it...I was hijacked with OOB: Winter War and as it's offizial campaign is so far from historical accuracy, I had not other option, than immediately work on that. :) Sorry guy, for the later arrive of v1.9!
To give at least a status report, I'm about at more than half ready with it, or even more. I will playtest First El-Alamein, which is a campaign critical scn, so I do not want to haste over it.
I do not want to give promises - because than I cannot hold them :) -, but I calculate a few weeks until OOB: Winter War is finished and than I will be back on IC v1.9
okiemcguire wrote:I still have only the IC 2.0 (v 1.6). Is there a link to get the latest? I have enjoyed this effort by you and Nico.
Last edited by Uhu on Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

Oh my! Why didn't you contacted me earlier? :) We could avoid double-work. I also modified the fighter upgrades completely and using Macci's as the main fighter type (although the RE-series can be also upgraded), because I took over my modified eqp stats from McGuba's Battlefield Europe mod. There are already all fighter icons there, made by Bebro, which looks really nice, so I think, they willbe good enough.
Medals have now also transparent background, imported from BE. :)
Carfax wrote:Oh my. As i was modding this campaign for my personal pleasure i stumbled over the the news for an updated campaign. What a treat.

The changes i want to make are cosmetic(transparent backgrounds for the award medals) and to have a have a upgrade line for the Macci line of planes.
Already changed the planes and the library accordingly.Im in the middle of converting the .png for the awards.
To bad im neither allowed to post screenshots as a new user (just entered the forum for this post) nor can i send them as a pm to you uhu.
if you want to have a look and know a reliable way for you to get the files just let me know. Btw you can use the images in your updated version if you so choose. Wouldn´t need mentioning either just consider it as
a thank you for the hours i allready enjoyed the campaing in its current form

Don´t know if it would interest you but i would be willing to translate all texts to german when your done with the update of the campaign. But not in advance i don´t want to spoil myself the updated experience

Best regards Carfax
okiemcguire

Post by okiemcguire »

Understandable Uhu... You guys really do a lot in modding and I know it eats a lot of your time up. I will be patient and wait for good things. Good luck on OOB
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

But, if you want to play it right now, I can divide the campaign files in several part and let it downloadable the first part, till, where I stand now. It is, as I wrote, there is already more than the half of it ready , so plenty of fighting are already there and you can see all the new features.
Let me all drop a feedback, if you want it right now, or you will wait until it it fully finished!

On the other hand, I'm really happy to see, that there are players, who also like to play the IC (besides me ;) )!
okiemcguire

Post by okiemcguire »

I will drop you a PM
Carfax

Post by Carfax »

Uhu wrote:Oh my! Why didn't you contacted me earlier? :) We could avoid double-work.
What a pity. couldn´t contact you earlier because i just saw this news. meanwhile i finished the award .pgns for no reason as i just realized. Btw i am in the middle of also change the names for the awards in the strings file. Can i stop or should i continue? its realy hard to find information of this kind.
regards Carfax
BR4ZIL
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by BR4ZIL »

Haha! Awesome to see this mod getting updated!

I guess i shall have to serve under Mussolini once more! :P

And how are things on the Hungarian front Uhu? I am still reluctant to finish that mod and get that empty feeling of reaching the cliffhanger ending :P

Oh, btw... did you incorporated the Bulgarian infantry fix? That problem that the Bulgarian units would become invisible and crash the game.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”