Put your unit requests here please

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Panzerpimp
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Put your unit requests here please

Post by Panzerpimp »

flakfernrohr wrote: It was back three or four years ago as I recall and I think maybe Von Paulus made them
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 47&t=32459 - This thread has some ACW icons by VPaulus.
Or there is more somewhere?
Make love, not war.
CroCop96
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by CroCop96 »

Hello, guys. I am creating a Balkans Front campaign, you can read about it in the Axis Minors thread. Unlike other guerrilla fronts which were mostly based on sabotage and insurgency, it was a "real" front, with partisans and collaborationist Croatian and Serb armies numbering hundreds of thousands of troops, and with real, pitched battles with battalion, regiment and higher sized units starting in late 1941. The Axis forces launched seven large offensives 41-45. By 1945, Croatians had 200 000 troops, while the Partisans had 800 000 across whole Yugoslavia, organized into corps and armies! Germans and Italians deployed as much as 40 divisions at times across Croatia and the rest of Yugoslavia. Croatians also sent a reinforced regiment which fought in Stalingrad (the 369th "Devils"), a marine infantry battalion, and a fighter and a bomber squadron to the Ostfront; as well as gave enlisted manpower for 3 Wehrmacht divisions and finally, 2 SS divisions.
I won't have the time to learn how to create units until autumn, however...
Could someone, please, make:

A Croatian flag and Yugoslav Partisan flag for use in scenarios? (Croatians are on the Axis side, the old flag with the ustasha coat of arms and first white field on the checkerboard coat of arms; while the Yugoslav Partisan flag is the same as the one in-game with the addition of a red star)

Croatian Homeguardsmen - wearing old Austro-Hungarian uniforms, regular Wehrmacht troops with field caps would do - stats wise, they would be as strong as early war Wehrmacht troops; or you could just correct the Volkssturm stats to be the same as 1939 Wehrmacht Infantry.

Croatian Ustashe - they were like the Waffen SS, usually in tan uniforms - again, SE infantry would do nicely, but a bit weaker?

Yugoslav Partisans - Russian conscripts with the "pilotka" hat for 41-43, Russian regulars for 43-45, also with the pilotka.

Partisan Proletarian Guards - Soviet Guards, a bit weaker, but stronger than regulars, with the pilotka hats? (Partisans had around 10 Guards Proletarian brigades which evolved into whole divisions in 44-45)

Also, Croatian checkerboard coat of arms on some Panzer I, II, III and old fighter planes as well as both Croatian and Yugoslav flags on Italian tankettes would be beautiful.

To top the cake, if you want to earn my everlasting gratitude and a beer on me when you come to the Croatian seaside, make Croatian markings on Messerschmitts, Morane Saulniers, and Saetta and Gaetta fighters, as well as Yugoslav Partisan markings on Breguet, Potez, some old fighters (Croatian turncoats in 41-43), later Hurricanes, Yakovlevs and Ilyushins as well as Stuart light tanks - this is all historically correct, the Partisans had a tank brigade with Stuarts and AEC's, and another with T34's in 1944-45 as well as a Hurricane and Yakovlev-Ilyushin squadron. Also, some Stuarts had PaK 40's and howitzers... the Croatians had more Messerschmitts and Italian fighters than we have modern jet fighters today (50-100 versus 10...)
Thank you in advance, I promise I'll put those units to very good use!
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

Hi CroCop96.............It is really good and exciting to see new ideas and mods come to the forum. All are welcome. That's what makes PZC so great, the ability to make it a great playing game in so many scenarios and campaigns with so many variable. :D
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?
CroCop96
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by CroCop96 »

I also like the community very much :D
I have been tinkering with custom campaigns and scenarios since Age of Empires 2, but never had the time or knowledge to really ''mod'' the games. Nonetheless, at least I have the creativity and historical knowledge to design new stuff using existing things, hah :) I was also thinking about creating a Spanish Civil War campaign, but far away in the future...
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

Good luck with your project CroCop. I am convinced we need to keep our creativity at the max to keep this game alive.
In this aspect I hope Slitherine rethink about the Workshop in Steam.

Regards.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

CroCop96 wrote: A Croatian flag and Yugoslav Partisan flag for use in scenarios? (Croatians are on the Axis side, the old flag with the ustasha coat of arms and first white field on the checkerboard coat of arms; while the Yugoslav Partisan flag is the same as the one in-game with the addition of a red star)
RumpNissen already made a nice Croatian flag, which I am using in my Battlefield: Europe mod (fourth line from the bottom, second one from the right):
flags.png
flags.png (37.23 KiB) Viewed 9826 times
30.png
30.png (3.79 KiB) Viewed 9826 times
30.png
30.png (3.42 KiB) Viewed 9826 times
As for the Yugoslav partisans I just used the standard Yugoslav flag with no red star in the middle as there is only one partisan faction in my mod opposing the Axis side. These supposed to represent both the Chetniks and Tito's partisans, who fight for an independent Yugoslavia.

If you want to make a proper one you just need to place a red star in the middle of it or ask RumpNissen to do it for you.
ImageImage
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=36969
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

CroCop96 wrote: Croatian Homeguardsmen - wearing old Austro-Hungarian uniforms, regular Wehrmacht troops with field caps would do - stats wise, they would be as strong as early war Wehrmacht troops; or you could just correct the Volkssturm stats to be the same as 1939 Wehrmacht Infantry.
For the Croatian forces you can use the one I made. I just used a modified icon of the Wehrmacht infantry:
training_Wehrmacht_Inf.png
training_Wehrmacht_Inf.png (26.58 KiB) Viewed 9825 times
For the bigunit pictures I am using black and white photos:
training_Wehrmacht_Inf.png
training_Wehrmacht_Inf.png (48.5 KiB) Viewed 9825 times
I also made some icons for "Partisans" in general, I think they would be mostly fine for the Chetniks:
Yugo_Partisans1.png
Yugo_Partisans1.png (27.7 KiB) Viewed 9825 times
ImageImage
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

And some more variations:
Yugo_Partisans2.png
Yugo_Partisans2.png (23.63 KiB) Viewed 9825 times
Yugo_Partisans3.png
Yugo_Partisans3.png (26.84 KiB) Viewed 9825 times
For all these I use the same bigunit picture:
Yugo_Partisans1.png
Yugo_Partisans1.png (38.27 KiB) Viewed 9825 times
ImageImage
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

I also made German versions of captured French light tanks which were used extensively on the Balkans:
German_Hotchkiss_H35.png
German_Hotchkiss_H35.png (25.02 KiB) Viewed 9823 times
German_Renault_R35.png
German_Renault_R35.png (22.51 KiB) Viewed 9823 times
ImageImage
CroCop96
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by CroCop96 »

Beautiful, McGuba, thank you very much! We'll sure put these to good use. I will try your Battlefield: Europe mod. I've already played the Hungarian Army mod, got stuck in a particularly muddy scenario on the Eastern Front (didn't have luck with the rain, and considering the overall lack of mechanisation...). I was relieved of command and I played ''ironman'' (without a savegame), so I need to start over. But I liked it very much!
dutmistrz
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by dutmistrz »

CroCop,

Spanish Civil War 1936-1939 seems a splendid idea. It could include scenarios like:

- Seville/Malaga
- Alkazar siege/pursuit to (with the dynamite blowing up motive and a relief force pursuit)
- Battle of Jarama
- 1st Madrid (International Brigades everybody!)
- Italian blooper at Guadajara (Ah, remeber the good old days when it was in Panzer General II)
- Battle of Ebro
- Belchite (Zaragoza offensive)
- Battle of Irun (cutoff Republicans of the French border - nice side mission could be mounted here as for example reinforcement volunteers coming this way)

Just passing ideas here as I'm reading Beevor's work on the matter.

Such campaign could give a possibility to get sweet, various unit types - POUM militia, anarchist forces, international brigades, legionaries, moors, PSOE militias, communist forces, CTV forces etc. etc. etc. - could be a tremendous possibility to gain some exp on the core forces ex. cap 125 or even 100. Offering my help on the matter, captain.
FieldMarshallCole
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by FieldMarshallCole »

I would like to see the Panther II, Tiger II w/ 105 mm high power cannon, and some Czech siege guns and more captured Russian tanks

For Deutschland only
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

Are you wanting a modified Panther II from the L71/L70 and Tiger II with the 105mm style barrels? What Czech Siege Guns and what captured Russian Tanks? I have probably made these siege guns and Russian tanks or can make these and the Panther II and Tiger II easily.
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?
FieldMarshallCole

I would also wanted the e series (Waffentragers, Jagdpanzers, Tanks) and some other German super heavy's as well as the whole Aggregat series (A-1 through A-12) no that I think about it
FieldMarshallCole

Akkula wrote:Good luck with your project CroCop. I am convinced we need to keep our creativity at the max to keep this game alive.
In this aspect I hope Slitherine rethink about the Workshop in Steam.

Regards.
Yeah i really want a Panzer Corps steam workshop
JagdpanzerIV
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by JagdpanzerIV »

if it has not been mentioned already,

add the KV1-S, the kv85 were built in small numbers. doesnt make sense in them that we see the kv85 but not the kv1-s. 143 kv85 built vs 1300 kv1s

add more fw190A version, especially the A-8 the most numerous built.
cicciopastic
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by cicciopastic »

CroCop96 wrote: I was also thinking about creating a Spanish Civil War campaign, but far away in the future...
Hey! .... Thats would bevfantastic! Have u seen my posts about it??

If u are not too far with your project of a balkan front, why dont we join to work toghether on the spanish campaign?

I already made a lot of reseach for it! .... And ready to implement a lot!

What do u think about it?

If u choose to go on with your project i wish u good luck! I think new mods make this game more interesting every day!

See u m8 goodbye
cicciopastic

Post by cicciopastic »

hi,

is there anybody willing to design the following aircraft from the '30 ? ... i will use them in my SCW project.

thanks a lot

marked as republican spanish

Nieuport-Delage NiD 52
Nid52.gif
Nid52.gif (6.13 KiB) Viewed 9113 times
Breguet 19
Bre19_Spain_Rep - Copia.jpg
Bre19_Spain_Rep - Copia.jpg (104.9 KiB) Viewed 9113 times
theese are the first plane that will enter my scenario! ...

Vickers Vildebeest
Vildebeest.gif
Vildebeest.gif (5 KiB) Viewed 9113 times
cicciopastic

Post by cicciopastic »

then 3 for the nacionales

Fiat CR.32
CR32_Spain_1.jpg
CR32_Spain_1.jpg (110.46 KiB) Viewed 9113 times