The Unit Factory

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

Mark50
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re: The Unit Factory

Post by Mark50 »

Awesome! Thank you for considering it!
Mark50

Post by Mark50 »

Hi, bebro! I`m assuming you`re busy with OoB, but I have to say I miss having a new plane from you once in a while. :D Any chance you might have time to cover any new aircraft that the upcoming Soviet Corps might introduce?
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

I second that request.
Bebro´s work on the aircraft units is simply PERFECT.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

As for new planes, we'll see what Soviet Corps has in new stuff.
Mark50

Post by Mark50 »

From the list of new aircraft added by the latest patch the following I think have not been covered by you so far:

US:
He-162A
Me-262A

Soviet:
P-39N
P-40M
Tupolev Tu-2
A-20B (you`ve made an A-20G)
B-25D (you`ve made a B-25B)
Hurricane Mk.IID
Yermolayev Yer-2
Gribovsky G-11
Polikarpov U-2

Japanese:
Mitsubishi Ki-21

9 in all if we skip the soviet A-20B and B-25D.
Last edited by Mark50 on Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

Actually the Soviet P-39, P-40 and the Tu-2 were already made for his Inferno campaign. And the Hurricane IIC can be made easily from the Soviet Hurricane (Mk.I) from the same mod. Which leaves only a few left.

However, you left the Polikarpov U 2 (or Po 2) out of your list. I would really like to see this unit re-made by bebro as it was quite an important one with up to 30,000 being made.
ImageImage
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=36969
Mark50

Post by Mark50 »

McGuba wrote:Actually the Soviet P-39, P-40 and the Tu-2 were already made for his Inferno campaign.
If I remember correctly his Inferno units do not have the image rendered for the info cards and those would still need to be done for this project, but all the same, it`s good to hear that the actual graphics are completed.
However, you left the Polikarpov U 2 (or Po 2) out of your list.
Yes, I`ll edit the above list. I haven`t noticed it because it was in the recon section.
theroc44
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by theroc44 »

Hey bebro, i love your mod. Ive been having some problems with movement sound on my planes. I think its a conflict with RSM in GME. I tried to winmerge the files in the efx.pzdat files between the 2 but ive had no luck. Im not that great at modding but i know its a conflict on the efx file somewhere. Is there any chance you could take a look at this i really wanna use both these mods together. Thanks
BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

theroc44 wrote:Hey bebro, i love your mod. Ive been having some problems with movement sound on my planes. I think its a conflict with RSM in GME. I tried to winmerge the files in the efx.pzdat files between the 2 but ive had no luck. Im not that great at modding but i know its a conflict on the efx file somewhere. Is there any chance you could take a look at this i really wanna use both these mods together. Thanks
Winmerge, if it does what I expect it would do from the name, is unlikely to work with any mods. It would be possible to combine these mods (probably ? I don't use them), but it will be a lot harder than chucking them in a program and pressing run.

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Here's a 1st zip with planes for SovCorps

(edit: removed, pls. see update below)

It's just some of the planes from Inferno (Tu2, Sov LL Hurricane and P40) with added 3d big unit pics. Plus the Two German fighters (He162, M262) in US outfit, small and big icons.

I planning to do the others, but it will take longer
Last edited by bebro on Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guille1434
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by guille1434 »

Thanks Bebro for another very nice set of units! Of course, I'm waiting eagerly for the new ones! :-)
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

Yeah, so that confirms that you are working on the new units.
Thanks a lot bebro!.

Best regards.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

Sure it is some great news! I can hardly wait for a proper U-2. :)
ImageImage
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Thx for the comments guys :) I think I made a mistake in this zip, included the small Airacobra, and the big Hurricane, but not their big/small counterparts. Will be corrected...
Cortilein
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Cortilein »

Cheers, Bebro!

Do you (still) take requests? As your refined aircraft unit graphics have become kind of a "standard" for PzC modding, I would very much appreciate a full set of your planes in desert camo as well. Most of the standard aircraft types that were actually used in the North African TOW are already present, but as Afrika Corps uses more models in the late war "what-if" scenarios, there's still some that pop up as standard icons (or in "normal" camo).

Doing a quick check, I came up with this list (which is for sure utterly incomplete): Fw 190D-9, Ju 88A, Ju 188A, Ju 52

Three thumbs up for your continued efforts to spice up the game! :D
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Hi,

do you mean a full set of all German air units? I did a couple for Ak, but without the big unit pics, since the game uses only one type og big pic IIRC. I can't really promise a full set in desert outfit for now, as this wold take quite some extra time. So for the moemntI'll leave it with the additional SovCorps stuff.

FWIW I also have a number of Brit and Italian aircraft in desert look, which were intended to use with my UK mod, but since that is on hold I could as well release those if it helps people. They don't have big uit pics atm though, since I went with b/w pics there.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

I made a small update which des not complete the set for SovCorps, but has the Airacobra, Po-2 plus two variants of the Hurricane in both big and small:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/yur0om

otherwise it's the same as the previous zip which now has been removed
Mark50

Post by Mark50 »

Thank you! Only three planes remain:

Yermolayev Yer-2
Gribovsky G-11
Mitsubishi Ki-21
FWIW I also have a number of Brit and Italian aircraft in desert look, which were intended to use with my UK mod, but since that is on hold I could as well release those if it helps people. They don't have big uit pics atm though, since I went with b/w pics there.
It would be great to have those too. The ones that are just desert camouflage versions of already existing planes don`t really need info cards anyway and for anything extra maybe you`ll find time to make cards at some point in the future.
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

bebro wrote:I made a small update which des not complete the set for SovCorps, but has the Airacobra, Po-2 plus two variants of the Hurricane in both big and small:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/yur0om

otherwise it's the same as the previous zip which now has been removed
Awesome, thanks! :D
ImageImage
Cortilein

Post by Cortilein »

bebro wrote:do you mean a full set of all German air units?
Hey Bebro, thanks for your reply. I can imagine you're quite busy with OOBP and its expansions for the time being - makes me appreciate even more that you're still around in the PzC forums making occasional "air drops" of unit graphics.

The aircraft I mentioned in my post above are used in official Afrika Corps scenarios, and it came to my attention that those are still vanilla. I did not imply asking you for an entire new set of units - that would be a mammoth task by now, and I do really like the desert camo unit variants you already released up to this point in time.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if a unit has no bigunit info card. Many units are similar enough in appearance (and their number that great by now) that one could always re-use the bigunit icon from a similarly looking unit as an "interim solution" until a "proper" bigunit image eventually becomes available. Or one could even switch to b/w images altogether.

RE: Soviet Corps - I remember when I checked out your Eastern Front mod quite some time ago. AFAIR it contained an entry for the Yer-2 in the equipment file already, but it was not used in the scenarios nor had it its own unique unit icon. Maybe there was something on your drawing board already?

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”