[Axis Campaign] GTPG v1.18 FINAL (26/12/22)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Re: [Axis Campaign] GTPG v1.16 FINAL (26/02/17)

Post by nikivdd »

Messmann wrote: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:09 pm I have black screen problems when trying to load this mod.

I have followed the installation guide precisely, put it into my mods folder and started it as usual. But I got something like a black screen when trying to load the first scenario. The hud and all buttons were there, but the map was black, no button worked; and I had to exit the game with ctrl alt del.

I had not installed anything else, and have never experienced this before when playing the gtpg 1.21 handpick campaign. But now, the same appears when starting the old 1.21 handpick campaign, as well.

Could this have anything to do with the Panzer Corps update 1.30? And what can I do to start the mod?
Black screen can also be related to a modified non-compatible equipment file.
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2lyeEuH_hoA1s7tnTAEJQ
Messmann
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Messmann »

Not in this case, since I have tried to start it without loading any mods and without any equipment changes.
Amulet Mod: Massive unit, graphics and sound mod. :) At this time, for German units only.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=63616&p=541656#p541656
nikivdd

Post by nikivdd »

Messmann wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:14 pm Not in this case, since I have tried to start it without loading any mods and without any equipment changes.
I checked the mod with both the vanilla e-file and the e-file from my upgrade project. No issues. I checked the first couple of scenarios and they were loading properly.
I did not use GME.
The copy of the game i used is the one straight from the Slitherine shop, Panzer Corps gold, last official version v1.30.
I did not test this with the steam version of the game, i don't have it installed.
So i am still puzzled why it is not working in your case.
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2lyeEuH_hoA1s7tnTAEJQ
Messmann

Post by Messmann »

nikivdd wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:16 am
Messmann wrote: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:14 pm Not in this case, since I have tried to start it without loading any mods and without any equipment changes.
I checked the mod with both the vanilla e-file and the e-file from my upgrade project. No issues. I checked the first couple of scenarios and they were loading properly.
I did not use GME.
The copy of the game i used is the one straight from the Slitherine shop, Panzer Corps gold, last official version v1.30.
I did not test this with the steam version of the game, i don't have it installed.
Many thanks, you did what you could do. I will check back on it to see if I find a solution by myself. I will try to narrow down the problem and will keep you informed about the result. :)
Amulet Mod: Massive unit, graphics and sound mod. :) At this time, for German units only.
Messmann

Post by Messmann »

Ok, for whatever reason, the mod started to work after I had installed the PanzerCorps Gold version. :)

Which means that the gtpg mod has not worked with my previously installed PanzerCorps version any longer, probably a result of the 1.30 upgrade.
Belgarath345
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Belgarath345 »

I just stumbled on this mod the other day and from what I can read it sounds great and sounds like it will add a lot of variarity to the game.

I hope it is okay that I ask a few questions.

I am wondering how many changes have been made to the rules? In the first mission (Madrid) I noticed that the self propelled Sig had its ranged reduced to 2 from 3 compared to the grand campaign. I looked for some kind of reference dokument but did not find any.

Also the enemy air seems much more powerfull at least in the Madrid mission than in the grand campaign is this something that continues in the mod?

Lastly you can now buy SS units - do they count towards your SS units cap for the mission (along with the SS units you are granted in the beginning of missions - I can see you recieve one in the beginning of the second senario)

Lastly are you supposed to save a lot of prestige in the beginning of the game like in the grand campaign. Then later when the soft cap sets in you can use your savings because you earn very Little?
martiniiirichard
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by martiniiirichard »

I did not use GME.
I have tried to install this mod as well. No matter what I do no button shows up in the more campaign tree. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have put the mod folder in the right directory. No corrupt files. Deductors mod works just fine with no issues. What could possibly be happening? Is steam the problem?
jeffoot77
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by jeffoot77 »

you should use GME
my custom mini-campaign in order of battle :
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302

Panzer corps mods archive : http://jeffoot.freeboxos.fr:41226/share/KmCyju7JFZX6dD2B/
Belgarath345

Post by Belgarath345 »

martiniiirichard wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:48 am
I did not use GME.
I have tried to install this mod as well. No matter what I do no button shows up in the more campaign tree. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. I have put the mod folder in the right directory. No corrupt files. Deductors mod works just fine with no issues. What could possibly be happening? Is steam the problem?
I own the game on steam and installed the mod for the first time a week ago. I have had no trouble with the installation and playing of the mod.
DandyDust

Post by DandyDust »

Hello there,
can someone link me to the installation guide.
When I just un-rar the file in my steamapps/panzercorps folder I cannot see the custom made szenario in the menue...
Thank You so much!
jeffoot77

Post by jeffoot77 »

hello, u haven't read the installation guide in the zip file :

i quote : "Unpack the file in \mydocuments\mygames\panzer corps\mods
If the mods folder is not present, you need to create it

Start the game, chose new game, chose more campaigns and you should find GTPG in the list"
my custom mini-campaign in order of battle :
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=374&t=79333&p=676302#p676302

Panzer corps mods archive : http://jeffoot.freeboxos.fr:41226/share/KmCyju7JFZX6dD2B/
IanH755

Post by IanH755 »

Hi all, I downloaded this just over a week ago and just finished it now (quarantine is great for something I suppose) and I just wanted to give my thanks for such an absolutely fantastic campaign!

I have two minor questions/improvements which, with this thread being 58 pages long, may have already been mentioned before -

Middle East - The use of Temperate green tiles for every mission, instead of Desert sand coloured ones, is there a specific reason to do this? Are there better Green terrain options for you to us vs Desert ones?

The "Story" - A very minor 'complaint' I suppose but did get quite disheartening at times despite the "overall" story being amazing! I captured both Moscow and London 3 times each with DV's with a "well done, we're winning!" message after each win, yet the "story" in the very next slide said the same story "However our supply is too long so we've given everything back" which was very disheartening when it happened 6 times in total and especially for the 3rd Moscow mission which then gave me the option of smashing the retreating Russians (or fighting US '44 or US '45) after my last DV in Moscow and yet despite that huge win the next few missions were all retreats due to, yet again, supply issues (and you never get to recapture Moscow again after finishing the US invasion). Perhaps a different "story" might be something like this -
  • London 1940 - "Well done for pushing the retreating UK forces into Scotland where they can do no more harm but the terrain favours them. We're sending you somewhere else to do XXXXXXXX now but leaving a garrison in the UK" followed by "While you were away the Commonwealth (Canadians/UK/Aus/NZ etc) launched a surprise counter-attack from Scotland forcing us to retreat back to France"
  • Moscow - Effectively similar to London where after winning you're sent else on the next mission while a garrison looks after Moscow. However in this version the Germans also keep attacking East but a massive resupply from the liberated UK combined with reinforcements from Russia Eastern border with China helps the Russians counter attack, which forces Germany to retreat again which is where you start.
Anyway, I really enjoyed playing GTPG and it passed nearly 2 weeks in a flash - Just got the Bonus Mission - Philippines - left to do!
Japoivvb
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Japoivvb »

I am playing this campaign too and I felt exactly the same as you when I read the briefing after major victory in sealion 40, bad storms + counterattack + retreat to France, once all cities were taken :? :?

checking original GT6.2. campaign I saw this part was adapted, maybe to not ending early west front and allow to play more battles there, maybe the reason is in one of the 58 previous pages, anyway the original briefing major victory sealion 40 would fit better with expected result, copy-paste
Congratulations on your stunning victory. England has surrendered and the war in the west is now over. Now, the war in the east will begin. While you and your army rested, we conquered Yugoslavia and Greece. You should now be ready to play a key role in Barbarossa, the assault on Russia.
Original MV is more like adapted DV delaying surrender UK for other change(43)
Although your initial objectives in Operation Sealion were taken, two major factors brought about a critical supply problem. Severe shipping losses, partially due to the transfer of many old American destroyers to the Royal Navy, as well as several bad storms have proved catastrophic. We were forced to withdraw our forces from England before we could force the British to surrender.
Would you prefer to fight next in North Africa or in the Balkans?
I guess the same happens with Moscow, for the moment I will go on playing with GTPG conditions, but maybe in future I will try to migrate again GT6.2. keeping same campaign path.
uzbek2012
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by uzbek2012 »

All updates will not be available and this is the final version ?

P.s. :D
!Game Version: 1.42!
https://latbalt-xtrainz.forum2x2.ru/t23-topic
Last edited by uzbek2012 on Mon May 18, 2020 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Japoivvb
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Japoivvb »

I did not get tour point.. That 1.42 is other mod that you recommend? I wish nikivdd comes back to update version with new features(imagen briefing, triggers...)
captainjack

Post by captainjack »

I've played this a few times. If I get past 1942 I think I've done well, so I'm impressed that anyone can finish it. Niko's More Panzer Corps mods are good too, with a few important incidents that were omitted from the DLCs, some nice minor scenarios and a few very tough ones, especially in 1941. Well worth a go.
uzbek2012

Post by uzbek2012 »

captainjack wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 10:23 am I've played this a few times. If I get past 1942 I think I've done well, so I'm impressed that anyone can finish it. Niko's More Panzer Corps mods are good too, with a few important incidents that were omitted from the DLCs, some nice minor scenarios and a few very tough ones, especially in 1941. Well worth a go.
If these all the scripts in one archive and how the data fragments to play in different modes ?
faos333
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by faos333 »

Just finished reading almost all posts in this topic !!! Crazy :D :D :D but I wanted to know all the background info and discussions that took place during the development of this GREAT Mod.

I also understood GTPG logic and its limitations, most resulting from the core game Panzer Corps itself, at the time of Mod creation.

Thank you Nico and all other Mod developers, like Deducter for the GTPG.

Fortunately, there is a newer version 2.0 of the Mod with tweaks from von Thuringen and this is what I am playing now.
Battlefield Europe get the most from Panzer Corps 8)
Download the new 2.4 Mod here http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
Rork
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Rork »

I started this most excellent campaign and took my time going through it, carefully choosing branches based on the included campaign trees. Except for a few odd choices (others have pointed them in this thread) and some minor spelling problems, I've now encountered a VERY annoying problem, especially considering all the time invested.

Following a DV in Moscow 1943, I chose the the Western front with the Anzio path and went for MV in Gothic Line in order to get XP/prestige from three more scenarios before moving to Budapest with a DV in Wacht am Rhein. Which I did, including the speech about the Russian's vulnerable belly, but then I got directed to West Germany 18.04.1945. Can anyone shed some light on this most frustrating matter?

I'm using version 1.16 of this mod, the one available here to download. I am attaching the relevant save; leave a major victory hex unoccupied for a MV, occupy it for a DV.
(07.12.2022) WaR, Turn 21 choice.rar
(83.69 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
Also a more general question: paratroopers are not considered ground units in this campaign?
faos333

Post by faos333 »

Rork wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:30 pm I started this most excellent campaign and took my time going through it, carefully choosing branches based on the included campaign trees. Except for a few odd choices (others have pointed them in this thread) and some minor spelling problems, I've now encountered a VERY annoying problem, especially considering all the time invested.

Following a DV in Moscow 1943, I chose the the Western front with the Anzio path and went for MV in Gothic Line in order to get XP/prestige from three more scenarios before moving to Budapest with a DV in Wacht am Rhein. Which I did, including the speech about the Russian's vulnerable belly, but then I got directed to West Germany 18.04.1945. Can anyone shed some light on this most frustrating matter?

I'm using version 1.16 of this mod, the one available here to download. I am attaching the relevant save; leave a major victory hex unoccupied for a MV, occupy it for a DV.
(07.12.2022) WaR, Turn 21 choice.rar

Also a more general question: paratroopers are not considered ground units in this campaign?
hello, one of the GTPG limitations is the campaign tree and logic behind it.
After Wacht am Rhein the game should not go to West Germany 18.04.1945.
It is not logical to win a DV in Ardennes only to find your shelf in West Germany.
So yes, unfortunately the game after DV in WaR goes to West Germany map.

Paratroopers are ground units.
Battlefield Europe get the most from Panzer Corps 8)
Download the new 2.4 Mod here http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”