[Axis Campaign] GTPG v1.18 FINAL (26/12/22)

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

RobertCL
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: [Axis Campaign] GTPG v1.16 FINAL (26/02/17)

Post by RobertCL »

Hi,

I just finished the campaign with the bonus scenario in the Philippines.
This is excellent work. It was marvellous to replay a game I played when I was young on the original PG.

I finally restarted the whole campaign and played with the "Amulette mod" (e-file), with Komando units it was possible to capture objectives located far away on the map.

Sometimes there were spelling mistakes in English in the scenario intro or end texts but I did not keep notes since mistakes were the exception (and they were most likely the text of Georg Treitler).

One word: congrats!
RobertCL

Post by RobertCL »

Now, from a saved game after my victory in Moscow in 1943 I have selected to continue to play against the Soviets, the campaign is a little jewel, I have just finished Budapest and started Koenigsberg.

This is one of the best campaigns I have ever seen!
nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd »

Thanks for the praises.
GTPG took more a year to create and to deliver several updates in the following years. It consumed most of my spare time but it was well worth it.
I wish i still had so much time on my hands to keep updating other stuff but is unfortunately not longer the case.
I do hope in the future to convert GTPG into the Panzer Corps 2 environment.
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2lyeEuH_hoA1s7tnTAEJQ
David Hansen
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by David Hansen »

In the middle of my third play through...thanks!
oflead
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by oflead »

Awesome MOD!!!! Hours of fun.

Can someone please post the scenario version of the mod? I keep wanting to play the other side.
The download links have expired. (the ones I tried)

thx-oflead
Ingaric
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Ingaric »

I seem to have stumbled upon a bug.

I won a decisive victory in the 2nd to last turn of Wacht am Rhein, but the next mission is West-Germany instead of Budapest
413x3
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by 413x3 »

nikivdd wrote:Thanks for the praises.
GTPG took more a year to create and to deliver several updates in the following years. It consumed most of my spare time but it was well worth it.
I wish i still had so much time on my hands to keep updating other stuff but is unfortunately not longer the case.
I do hope in the future to convert GTPG into the Panzer Corps 2 environment.
This is a beginner question, I apologise. The Danzig map, I can deploy troops as Germany only in limited numbers to Poland's side of the map. I deploy troops to my ports but can I move them over after capturing ports on the Poland side? I do not understand! Thank you for helping such a simple question...
maho1973
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by maho1973 »

Well, you don't need to capture any ports first to disembark your troops on an island for example.
This will be always possible on suitable terrain.
413x3

Post by 413x3 »

maho1973 wrote:Well, you don't need to capture any ports first to disembark your troops on an island for example.
I can only place a small number of units on Poland's island. Is that it for ground troops? Because I go to reinforcements and deploy but I may only choose German's west island. I am confused at how to get the rest of my army to Poland's island! Thank you
maho1973

Post by maho1973 »

413x3 wrote:
maho1973 wrote:Well, you don't need to capture any ports first to disembark your troops on an island for example.
I can only place a small number of units on Poland's island. Is that it for ground troops? Because I go to reinforcements and deploy but I may only choose German's west island. I am confused at how to get the rest of my army to Poland's island! Thank you
Are you sure, that you mean the map "Danzig" you are talking about? Or is it rather the map "Westerplatte"? In the second case, you have to transport your troops by transport ships (limited transports) to the Westerplatte. Attention, the amount of troops you can deploy is limited! But there is another way to deploy on the island: first, you have to clear the deployment hexes in the first turn, then in the subsequent turn, you can deploy further units on the vacated deployment hexes. :wink:
413x3

Post by 413x3 »

maho1973 wrote:
413x3 wrote:
Are you sure, that you mean the map "Danzig" you are talking about? Or is it rather the map "Westerplatte"? In the second case, you have to transport your troops by transport ships (limited transports) to the Westerplatte. Attention, the amount of troops you can deploy is limited! But there is another way to deploy on the island: first, you have to clear the deployment hexes in the first turn, then in the subsequent turn, you can deploy further units on the vacated deployment hexes. :wink:
I thought so and yet I do not understand the ship transport system. I apologise can you give a simple explanation the ship name and action I have to do for transporting?
maho1973

Post by maho1973 »

413x3 wrote:I thought so and yet I do not understand the ship transport system. I apologise can you give a simple explanation the ship name and action I have to do for transporting?
Of course, that's easy :wink: :
1. Move the unit that you want to transport by sea to a harbour (only there you can embark troops). Please note: the number of transport ships is usually limited. You can check that in the UI on the right side (the button below "Replacements")
2. In the next turn choose the unit in the harbour and click on "Embark / Disembark" in the UI (it is the same button as above) and your unit will be embarking on a transport ship.
3. Move that transport ship to a suitable place on the island coast and disembark your unit again (anchor symbols on the island indicates where you can let disembark your unit).
That's all.
413x3

Post by 413x3 »

maho1973 wrote:
413x3 wrote:I thought so and yet I do not understand the ship transport system. I apologise can you give a simple explanation the ship name and action I have to do for transporting?
Of course, that's easy :wink: :
1. Move the unit that you want to transport by sea to a harbour (only there you can embark troops). Please note: the number of transport ships is usually limited. You can check that in the UI on the right side (the button below "Replacements")
2. In the next turn choose the unit in the harbour and click on "Embark / Disembark" in the UI (it is the same button as above) and your unit will be embarking on a transport ship.
3. Move that transport ship to a suitable place on the island coast and disembark your unit again (anchor symbols on the island indicates where you can let disembark your unit).
That's all.
Thank you I knew it had been something easy I overlooked...

I shouldn't have put it to hardest difficulty I still have trouble beating it in time! But that is another problem thank you again.
uzbek2012
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by uzbek2012 »

What is the latest version of the mod and where can I download it ?
http://www.streitmacht.com/viewforum.ph ... eb515d693d
jiuer7845

Post by jiuer7845 »

banned
Last edited by zakblood on Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed links and banned user
cedonxp
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by cedonxp »

Interesting Uzbek2012, can you add the Viking division markings too?
valhain

Post by valhain »

Soz if already asked but is there any way to convert or directly recruit as core any of the romanian/slovak units available before starting a mission? Or failing that turning an auxiliary one into core by tweaking the save game?

Thanks!
Messmann
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Messmann »

I have black screen problems when trying to load this mod.

I have followed the installation guide precisely, put it into my mods folder and started it as usual. But I got something like a black screen when trying to load the first scenario. The hud and all buttons were there, but the map was black, no button worked; and I had to exit the game with ctrl alt del.

I had not installed anything else, and have never experienced this before when playing the gtpg 1.21 handpick campaign. But now, the same appears when starting the old 1.21 handpick campaign, as well.

Could this have anything to do with the Panzer Corps update 1.30? And what can I do to start the mod?
Amulet Mod: Massive unit, graphics and sound mod. :) At this time, for German units only.
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=63616&p=541656#p541656
cw58
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by cw58 »

valhain wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:44 pm Soz if already asked but is there any way to convert or directly recruit as core any of the romanian/slovak units available before starting a mission? Or failing that turning an auxiliary one into core by tweaking the save game?

Thanks!
You can edit the scenario before starting it. Just select and open the dialogue box (shift+left-click) of the unit you want and untick the box marked "Auxiliary". That will make it a core unit.
nikivdd

Post by nikivdd »

valhain wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:44 pm Soz if already asked but is there any way to convert or directly recruit as core any of the romanian/slovak units available before starting a mission? Or failing that turning an auxiliary one into core by tweaking the save game?

Thanks!
You can buy core units of other nations by adding those nations in the campaign.pzdat file. Currently the only nation of which units can be purchased is Germany.
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2lyeEuH_hoA1s7tnTAEJQ

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”