Extended Mod Support in 1.04

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

Is there a correspondence course at night that I can take at some Tech school that will help me learn how to use and implement this stuff?
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?
El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro »

It's not too bad, really. I have actually got it to work, so it can't be that hard!

1. Work out where your PzC user data folder is. In XP it is my documents\my games\panzer corps. It might be different in Win7. For me it's c:\users\[rest of path]\panzer corps.
2. Create a folder called Mods in it.
3. Copy all of the user made mod files into this Mods folder. E.g. Red Dawn has a data folder and a briefings folder under that.
4. In the main mod folder (Red Dawn in the example given) create a text file called GUID.txt and edit it to have a unique string (text) added to it. I simply typed in Red Dawn but an even more unique code can be created as per the first post in this thread.
5. When you open PzC and New Game you will see a folder in the middle called 'More campaigns' and clicking it should allow you to start the mod from the next window.

This is all covered above but I am writing my own version to give another summary.
HBalck
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
Location: Augsburg / Bavaria / Germany...but I am from Eastern Germany !

Post by HBalck »

5. When you open PzC and New Game you will see a folder in the middle called 'More campaigns' and clicking it should allow you to start the mod from the next window.
Sorry - but I can't see only the old 5 campaign on menus.

H.Balck
nikivdd
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by nikivdd »

HBalck wrote:
Sorry - but I can't see only the old 5 campaign on menus.

H.Balck

First window.
viewtopic.php?t=29080
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2lyeEuH_hoA1s7tnTAEJQ
HBalck

Post by HBalck »

OK I create 2 guid.txt for every subfolder Africa Corps and Modern War Corps, but I can't see new menu entrys, when I click on new game.
I have installed the german version 1.04.

Looks like I am to stupid with my 4 academic degrees !

H.Balck
El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro »

@HBalck: I think this is where your problem with 1.04 lies. Your Africa Corps mod is not a campaign - it's a mod for creating scenarios and campaigns. As such, it doesn't belong in the new 1.04 structure. To get it to work is very similar to the pre-1.04 approach. GUID.txt files will have no effect for the mod, but they will for campaigns and scenarios made with the mod.

For the AC mod to work (and for scenarios and campaigns, too):
1. Set up the GME as before: Mods folder under the main Panzer Corps folder.
2. Extract AC to the mods folder
3. Use the GME to activate the AC mod.
4. When you open the editor you should find all the AC tiles etc are available.

For AC campaigns:
1. Follow the instructions on the forum, and create a folder called Mods in My Game\Panzer Corps (or wherever your player data is stored. In Win 7 it's under Users)
2. Add a folder like Africa Corps Campaign
3. Put all your campaign files here: Data folder, Briefings folder etc
4. Create your GUID.txt file in the 'Africa Corps Campaign' folder with its unique ID
5. You should now see the campaign in the 'More campaigns' folder in the game

For AC scenarios:
1. The pzscn and optional pzloc file go in the My Games\Panzer Corps\scenario folder as usual.

I really hope this helps. There may still be issues with sounds but at least you'll have the mod etc working.
Cheers
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 »

We know Black has been inflicted by the plague.

He needs to buy one of the DLC's due to the bug.

Otherwise he can wait.

Buying a DLC is the only way to fix it. It is well worth the 5 dollars.
El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro »

The DLCs are great but it is not the intended approach - guys who don't want them shouldn't have to buy them to get PzC to work.
HBalck

Post by HBalck »

Thank you El_Condoro for your tips, but the first step are the GME and there it don't work.

Ah now we must buy the DLC to work again - that is an Insolence - I dont like this DLC minimap campaigns - I dont like to test it and I dont like to play it.
It cannot be nevertheless , that we must buy a upgrade to play again our mods.

How long must we wait ? I think thats all intended to stop our free hard working mod projects.
Besides I pay over 500,-$ to buy all the missing 3D figures and vehicles at gunpoint, 3D world Club, turbosquirt, renderosity, and DAZ3D - Fred also and Massi spend weeks of work for his new terrain sets - exactly the same as we. Now I have over 600 possible new units and can not play again - thats in an unfair way !

H.Balck
Ranta
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Ranta »

HBalck wrote: Looks like I am to stupid with my 4 academic degrees !
Looks alike...

But it seems, if you are able to clearly present your issues, the devs will try to help you. You will probably need to wait some time, though. Requesting something from one day to another in this tonque may not help you to much there (neither seeing conspiracies everywhere^^).

edit:
HBalck wrote: Besides I pay over 500,-$ to buy all the missing 3D figures and vehicles at ...
I clearly support the opinion that buying the DLC is not necessary (and I don't think it will), but if you spent that much money, you should think of buying one unit less and getting a dlc instead... :D
nikivdd

Post by nikivdd »

Noun:
1. leniency - mercifulness as a consequence of being lenient or tolerant
lenience, lenity, mildness
mercifulness, mercy - a disposition to be kind and forgiving; "in those days a wife had to depend on the mercifulness of her husband"
2. leniency - a disposition to yield to the wishes of someone; "too much indulgence spoils a child"
indulgence, lenience
permissiveness, tolerance - a disposition to allow freedom of choice and behavior
softness - a disposition to be lenient in judging others; "softness is not something permitted of good leaders"
3. leniency - lightening a penalty or excusing from a chore by judges or parents or teachers
lenience
tolerance - the act of tolerating something
mercy, clemency, mercifulness - leniency and compassion shown toward offenders by a person or agency charged with administering justice; "he threw himself on the mercy of the court"

This is a good attribute :)
https://www.facebook.com/NikivddPanzerCorps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk2lyeEuH_hoA1s7tnTAEJQ
huertgenwald
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by huertgenwald »

What ?

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Obviously you will not have to buy DLC's to make the game work which you know so why post such ridiculous statements HBalck.

From now on any inflamatory posts you make will be deleted and your questions unanswered. If you can't post a civil question you won't get a civil response.

If there is a bug, let us know in an informatiave and calm way and we'll investigate and resolve it.
nikivdd

Post by nikivdd »

It is actually something i cannot recall, so i pop the question here.

Does the 1.04 version come with the captured equipment units? Or is it required to have DLC39/40 to have access to them?
It is a rather important question for those making scenario's and making use of the captured units (like me).
Thanks.
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

nikivdd wrote:It is actually something i cannot recall, so i pop the question here.

Does the 1.04 version come with the captured equipment units? Or is it required to have DLC39/40 to have access to them?
It is a rather important question for those making scenario's and making use of the captured units (like me).
Thanks.
Any new units we add are added to the patch (available for free), not to DLC packs, which means that they are available to the modders too. So yes, 1.04 included some captured units, and 1.05 will include some too.
nikivdd

Post by nikivdd »

Rudankort wrote:
nikivdd wrote:It is actually something i cannot recall, so i pop the question here.

Thanks.
Any new units we add are added to the patch (available for free), not to DLC packs, which means that they are available to the modders too. So yes, 1.04 included some captured units, and 1.05 will include some too.
Thanks Rudankort. I just couldn't recall :roll:
BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Re: Extended Mod Support in 1.04

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

I know that this thread is 2+ years old and about 1.04, but I think it is the best place for my question:

Earlier in the thread, it was mentioned that you could add campaigns to display in the "Extra Campaigns" Folder, where the DLCs 39-45 are found. I was going through nikivdd's tutorial on how to add them (Campaigns) (written in July 2013) and it mentions "Label in campaign path" in the campaign.pzdat file. For the tutorial campaign it is 1, Poland 7, Kursk 26 etc. Is this where it shows the campaign in PzC when you press new game (1 being the centre), and if so, what do I enter in that box so that the campaign will show with the DLCs? The campaign in question is my WWI Central Powers campaign, which is being "shell-beta released" very soon.

Any hints?

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
Wellingham
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Wellingham »

BiteNibbleChomp wrote:I know that this thread is 2+ years old and about 1.04, but I think it is the best place for my question:

Earlier in the thread, it was mentioned that you could add campaigns to display in the "Extra Campaigns" Folder, where the DLCs 39-45 are found. I was going through nikivdd's tutorial on how to add them (Campaigns) (written in July 2013) and it mentions "Label in campaign path" in the campaign.pzdat file. For the tutorial campaign it is 1, Poland 7, Kursk 26 etc. Is this where it shows the campaign in PzC when you press new game (1 being the centre), and if so, what do I enter in that box so that the campaign will show with the DLCs? The campaign in question is my WWI Central Powers campaign, which is being "shell-beta released" very soon.

Any hints?

- BNC
Yep. Definetly don't know.
~Ulisses Montagna
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wanna be a Canis Ex Machina, but all I got is this Haunted Kriegsmaschine-9000, so I still need the Herzensbrecher and the Hundkopf!
BiteNibbleChomp

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

Don't worry about my message from January, I found it out from nikivdd

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
Delta66
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Delta66 »

- Every mod is supposed to provide one or several custom campaigns. If there are no campaigns in the mod, it will be ignored. This means that a minimal mod must include Data subfolder, and inside it a custom campaign.pzdat file describing all the campaign(s) included in the mod, and also all scenario files (*.pzscn and *.pzloc) required by these custom campaign(s).
I plan to make a units revision mod for the base game. But in the process I also changed the branching in the base game campaign. i.e. I use only scenarios from the base game, but with a different path. making my own campaign.pzdat is easy,

1/but should I copy the base game scenarios files in my custom campaign drawer, or if I leave it empty will it use the original files as default?
2/ In any case is it allowed to recopy the official .pzscn and .pzloc files ? don't want to make any illegal use.

So far i'm using the traditional mod approach with GME.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”