Extended Mod Support in 1.04

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Re: Extended Mod Support in 1.04

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

Delta66 wrote:
- Every mod is supposed to provide one or several custom campaigns. If there are no campaigns in the mod, it will be ignored. This means that a minimal mod must include Data subfolder, and inside it a custom campaign.pzdat file describing all the campaign(s) included in the mod, and also all scenario files (*.pzscn and *.pzloc) required by these custom campaign(s).
I plan to make a units revision mod for the base game. But in the process I also changed the branching in the base game campaign. i.e. I use only scenarios from the base game, but with a different path. making my own campaign.pzdat is easy,

1/but should I copy the base game scenarios files in my custom campaign drawer, or if I leave it empty will it use the original files as default?
2/ In any case is it allowed to recopy the official .pzscn and .pzloc files ? don't want to make any illegal use.

So far i'm using the traditional mod approach with GME.
If you are using the stock campaign files, then you won't need to include them in GME. Just include the campaign.pzdat file. GME just adds the files into the Data file, so that if you specify one not in the data file by default, then the game won't crash.

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
Delta66
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Delta66 »

Sure for using GME I can use the default files, that's what I'm currently doing.
But my question was if NOT using GME, and instead the extended mod method.
konzev
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by konzev »

I'm trying to install the WAR OF THE WORLD SCEN/CAMP. The download does not contain a GUID.txt in the DAT file.
I was working to get this MOD installed for 5 hours, no success.
I tried to follow the instruction for using Generic Mod Enabler -2.6.0.157 , they where not helpful.
The website http://createguid.com/. was not available.
Having installed WAR OF THE WORLd.zip in the modfolder :Pogram files - Slitherine - Panzer Corps - MODS, so JSMGE, I keep running in circles when I take a snapshot: "A snapshot allready exists, do you want to replace it" ?
So I choose to replace it. (Have no idea, what that means.) Than I compare files, choose te campaign I want to have installed, and the G wants me to save it (I have no idea where), so I save it to the MODs folder.
The campaign not showing up in "enabled". And so I go in circles.
I need some help, please.
Loamshire
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Loamshire »

My recommendation and thanks to the details contained in Iain McNeil’s message of 1 Nov 2011. These allowed me to make the breakthrough from only being able to create my own scenarios to being able to make my own campaigns. Yes there’re fiddly bits along the way that need to be discovered and learnt but that message was pivotal in helping me to create custom campaigns. I trawled through lots of tips, and just to be clear, because it took me some time to realise that the JSGME does not offer any shortcuts to scenario or campaign design, its use is for enabling already existing mods. For help on custom scenario creation I mainly used the Editor Manual, once that was mainly understood and with the info supplied in Iain’s post creating my own campaigns became possible – I got there. Woo-hoo! Oh yes, one update on what Iain said. GUID numbers can now be obtained from https://guidgenerator.com/

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”