Puma's New Units and other Graphical mods

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

El_Condoro wrote:Their attack values would have to be like AD on some tanks - only come into effect when attacked (otherwise they can be used to attack adjacent hexes) - something like [8]. All these stats would need to be tested, as would their cost. What class would they be? Fortification seems best to me.
Re those mines, has anyone actually edited some of those into his game?

I'm trying to implement some myself, though wondering about the best way. I have them in the fort class indeed, movement zero. But should they really get attack stats? Or rather defense, so that their ZOCs deny movement of enemy units, and if you want to get rid of them you need to attack (=clear) them.

I mean with own attack values you could have mines attacking adjacent units, which seems "too active" for them. Just wondering :)

edit: just realized - you meant negative attack values? Ahh it's clear now...
Ballermann
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Re:

Post by Ballermann »

Oh, there are many nice new units, Ships, Tanks and more :P but no preview here :cry:
http://www.designmodproject.de/forum/vi ... 9&start=45
thank you 8)
Sorry, for my bad school english...
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Re:

Post by VPaulus »

Ballermann wrote:Oh, there are many nice new units, Ships, Tanks and more :P but no preview here :cry:
thank you 8)
Sorry had no time yet to make the preview he asked me.
If Puma made a screen with all his new units, it would be easier.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Puma's New Units and other Graphical mods

Post by VPaulus »

Anyway here's a preview but if you want to see more in detail and to download his units, use this link:

massi
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by massi »

wow! amazing! :D
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

Really nice stuff. Thank you for sharing with us PUMA!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?
Ballermann

Post by Ballermann »

Thank you vPaulus for the preview her :D

And thank you Puma for this nice units. :P
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

More 5 units:
Ballermann

Post by Ballermann »

A Harley cool 8)
Radoye
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Radoye »

what happened to all the download links, they're all dead? :(
HBalck
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
Location: Augsburg / Bavaria / Germany...but I am from Eastern Germany !

Post by HBalck »

Not my way - is an satisfying work for someone - but the figures looks to different in style, colours, size and scale, textures, light and shadows.
But Thank you to try to make Panzer corps better - but its to mutch work in 2D I think - Why do you not spend your time to work in 3D - its much more effective.

H.Balck
Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 »

HBalck wrote:Not my way - is an satisfying work for someone - but the figures looks to different in style, colours, size and scale, textures, light and shadows.
But Thank you to try to make Panzer corps better - but its to mutch work in 2D I think - Why do you not spend your time to work in 3D - its much more effective.

H.Balck
Perfectionism can be of great help and we germans know a fair bit about it but as well it can become a real project breaker as people can get lost in details and never finish their projects due to dilusion and fatigue. Its modders biggest enemy.
Why da heck somebody would spent 2 days for a single high detailed 3d unit if the engine does not displays it at an acceptable detail level when he can do half a dozen 2d models in the same time ? It makes no sense at all.
The goal for any game developer and modder is to present a finished project in an acceptable timeframe which means the effort has to be in relation with the
objective and the possibilities of the used game engine. People who dont understand this fact will never really finish their projects and always fail at alpha status or even before. I have seen legions of these over the years.
I admire your dedication and have greatest respect for your skills but its really "Brotlose Kunst" for the PC engine. Your units are awesome though...got to admit that.
4kEY

Post by 4kEY »

Agreed, Chris. I may not have experience modding, but what you say holds true for life in general.

Those were some good looking infantry in the Feb 12 preview. Where can I download these? Das von dir ausgewählte Thema existiert nicht.
Chris10
Captain - Bf 110D
Captain - Bf 110D

Post by Chris10 »

4kEY wrote:Agreed, Chris. I may not have experience modding, but what you say holds true for life in general.

Those were some good looking infantry in the Feb 12 preview. Where can I download these? Das von dir ausgewählte Thema existiert nicht.
Pumas thread with his units got deleted today or yesterday...it does not look like an aprils fool..he posted that he wont take questions about the why so I dunno whats the reason
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

His download thread on the DMP Forum is gone as well. He made some beautiful units. Don't know why he pulled everything. Sad deal. I hope he isn't gone for good.
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?
4kEY

Post by 4kEY »

I noticed no one called Churchy on ripping off his Lowe and Standardpanzer...
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

4kEY wrote:I noticed no one called Churchy on ripping off his Lowe and Standardpanzer...

Churchy made an Opel Maultier rather than ask PUMA to use his Maultier for some skinning. It is possible that Churchy made the icons himself and did not use PUMA's icons.
churchlakecity

Post by churchlakecity »

You people should know that puma and i are friends, and we not copying from another....but perhaps it can be that we sometimes use the same source...www is huge...
4kEY

Post by 4kEY »

That's cool, but c'mon man, the Lowe and Standardpanzer are IDENTICAL. So much so that I should be able to say that without offense.

The only point I was getting at earlier was that if you did and if no-one called you on it, it's possible he coulda pulled out for that reason. Not saying he did, but possible.
churchlakecity

Post by churchlakecity »

I dont know what you mean with "Standartpanzer" but in case of the Löwe, i think we had the same source,too. I dont know. Puma and i are not reporting our activities another the whole time.And i'm not looking every time, when i have found a new source,if puma had it done or found this icon before. And shit happens. As i wrote before,www is big...if puma had desturbed this,or when he belived,that i toke a icon from him, he already had told me that...

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”