Real Sound Mod

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Yes, I too don't like much the Wehrmacht Inf attack sound.
The attack sounds are quite hard to obtain and when you get it they don't sound like Hollywood.
I've a new sound for Wermacht Inf, only I don't know if it's really much better.

Anyway we plan to add more sounds.

Careful that the mod is not yet compatible with PGCM 0.15. I was planning to do it with the next update.
Probably we'll have to anticipate. Still need a couple of days probably.
Razz1
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Razz1 »

Well most guns do sound like pop guns.

These are real K98 carbines firing.

Your ears are use to Hollywood sounds.
jaggy
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by jaggy »

I'm sure you are right, Razz, and they are K98 carbines but the sound is very muted. Maybe a K98 sound that goes off when placed near one's ear will achieve the desired effect? :) The firing sounds like something you would hear when you standing far away from the source.
jaggy

Post by jaggy »

VPaulus, no worries on the PGCM update, I can wait. I do like the aircraft sounds in RSM.
jaggy

Post by jaggy »

Hi, VPaulus. Is it OK to activate a mod like the "AT&AA" mod via GME in mid-campaign ie. will it have any adverse effects on save games? Thanks
jaggy

Post by jaggy »

Hi, VPaulus. Is it OK to activate a mod like the "AT&AA" mod via GME in mid-campaign ie. will it have any adverse effects on save games? Thanks
gunhojr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by gunhojr »

question about tank movement sounds is there a way to add the sounds of tanks from john tiller campaign series like west front.i love the sound of these tanks when moving.just wondering since its from another maker and dont want problems but they do sound real.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

gunhojr wrote:question about tank movement sounds is there a way to add the sounds of tanks from john tiller campaign series like west front.i love the sound of these tanks when moving.just wondering since its from another maker and dont want problems but they do sound real.
I don't know how is the format of the sound files from John Tiller's campaign series. So I don't know if you could implement it.

They might sound nice, but are they accurate and real? That's what primarily matter to us. I don't say that all the sounds in our mod came from the original source. But they are close as we could get. When you hear a Panzer II moving in RSM, you're hearing a real Panzer II. Maybe it doesn't sound nice but it's closer to what it was.
Besides we don't use sounds from any other games.
gunhojr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by gunhojr »

yes they sound real the tank tracks when moving it has great sound but again not sure if compatable but thanks for fast reply.for example you have the squeaky noise sound of the tanks moving.i think hblack would know this he had some mods on this game.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Update to Panzer Corps 1.04 and Panzer General Classic Mod (ver 0.15)
gunhojr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by gunhojr »

vpaulus wanted to ask what format is the sound in on panzercorps as stated earlier the john tiller campaign series which is west front and east front series uses ogg. files any way to use these in panzercorps.for sound thanks
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Panzer Corps uses wav and mp3. But probably it can play ogg as well, as long as Windows has the codec installed.
However there are a lot of tools which convert ogg to mp3 or wav. When I want to convert my sound files, I usually use foobar2000.
gunhojr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by gunhojr »

ok thanks so much ill try and mess around with this and see where it gets me thanks again.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

gunhojr wrote:ok thanks so much ill try and mess around with this and see where it gets me thanks again.
Don't worry it's more easy than you think, technically speaking.
But remember that the animations are tied to the sound in Panzer Corps, this of course, if you intend to do something more deep than replace a few sounds. Take a look at the efx.pzdat file in the Graphics folder, it's there the command centre of Panzer Corps audio and animation.
Feel free to ask anything about the process. But create a thread of your own, in this section. :wink:
gunhojr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by gunhojr »

thanks for info paulus ok so you said i can bother you lol question or statement i went thru all sound from john tillers campaign west front i havent changed the sounds yet from ogg to wave does it matter if its wave or mp3?

2nd i want to have you check out the sounds just only to see what you think.again its just me i really like the sounds but others may not.to me they sound real,for example troops running,tanks moving trucks moving even horse sounds.im not saying you change anything in your sound mod but never know maybe in another update.so i guess what im asking is if i wanted to put sound that you can hear to test it yourself on here how do i do that.im not to familiar with this kinda stuff.
ill leave them in ogg format unless you want it changed before i put it here.thanks for any info for the record each sound is about 2-6 seconds long.

just adding this link im new to this so hope it works there are alot of sounds but can you go thru and tell me what you think vpaulus
http://www.mediafire.com/?iv1b4ae51fgz7v6.

again me for my personal self i love these sounds but maybe its just me but i hope others like it took me a good day to do all this changes hope you like it as much as i do.
Last edited by gunhojr on Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Don't need to download, I've already heard the sounds of that game. Some are nice, some I don't like. They are not in the spirit of Real Sound Mod. Besides we don't use the sounds of other games.
But I think you could try to do your own sound mod. It's not very hard if you want just to replace some sounds at start. Then you can begin to add new sounds. Like I've said if you need any tip or information I can help you. I'll try tonight, to test if you need to change ogg format or not.
gunhojr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by gunhojr »

sorry vpaulus didnt know you that you dont use other games stuff i thought since it was a matrixgames game that it was ok but again sorry didnt know.ill take off my last reply if problem or you can if its a problem i guess i should have waited to hear from you but if need to delete post go ahead thanks
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

No problem gunhojr. :wink:
Niteshade
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Real Sound Mod

Post by Niteshade »

None of the links are working. Did I miss something? :(
VPaulus