How to install Generic Mod Enabler

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Skylar27
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: How to install Generic Mod Enabler

Post by Skylar27 »

Thank you Akkula for the response

So all I do is install the GME to where ever it wants to install by default ?
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

Exactly.

An advice: BEFORE starting the modding process, I suggest you to backup the Panzer Corps folder just in case (just make a RAR or ZIP file), after some time, during the modding you could mess some files.

Regards.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
Skylar27
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Skylar27 »

Thanks again Akkula

So far so good on my end , I D/L'd and installed the A.M.U.L.E.T. mod and WOW , what a difference in the game !

I do appreciate the help in gettin' my game set up for such ;)
FieldMarshallCole
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by FieldMarshallCole »

How do you install the map maker or whatever it is (sorry I'm completely new to the game, especially editing).
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

Hi!.
The scenario editor is included in the game. If you already have the game you can access through the Panzer Corps launcher.

Hope it helps.
Regards.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
FieldMarshallCole

Thanks that helps alot.
FieldMarshallCole

Sorry to ask but i have two more questions 1) when I use the scenario editor the maps I have created wont let me produced, upgrade or even view the units in the store 2) I just install the unit editor and i dont know what any of that stuff means plz answer at least number 2

Best regards, FieldMarshallCole
Hivefleet
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Hivefleet »

Hi there

Have tried to use GME for the Soviet Storm mod. I note numerous posts about the mod file structure has to match the panzer corps game once unzipped. When I unzipped the mod file there was no folder for units which was a worry. I've enabled the mod using GME but can't get the mod to activate when I run the game. Have I done something wrong or is it a problem with the mod files?

Cheers
demyansk
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by demyansk »

I still have problems getting this GME to work correctly. I don't do it all the time and every time I come back to try a mod, I have to start from zero. I am trying to install the PCH PhCAS, I have them installed in the mod folders of name/documents/mygames/panzercprps/mods

and tried it in program files/slitherine/panzercorps/mods

I have it as a folder and then I activate it on GME. I still can't figure this out, Thansk for any help
Yrfin
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by Yrfin »

demyansk wrote:I still have problems getting this GME to work correctly. I don't do it all the time and every time I come back to try a mod, I have to start from zero. I am trying to install the PCH PhCAS, I have them installed in the mod folders of name/documents/mygames/panzercprps/mods

and tried it in program files/slitherine/panzercorps/mods

I have it as a folder and then I activate it on GME. I still can't figure this out, Thansk for any help
Are you idiot ?
When im died - I must be a killed.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Hey yrfin, Hpw about keeping your comments to yourself or get off the forum.
Yrfin

Post by Yrfin »

demyansk wrote:Hey yrfin, Hpw about keeping your comments to yourself or get off the forum.
You idiot. Hpw ?
When im died - I must be a killed.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

@yrfin,
We don't allow personal insults in this forum. We insist that our member's have a civic conduct in the forum.
If you persist in being rude with other member's of this forum, I'm sorry but we will have to ban you.
This is your first and final warning.
rubyjuno
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by rubyjuno »

Hi demyansk,

the best way to treat yrfin is to ignore him, I think he gets excited seeing his own name on the forum :roll:

The folder containing the Phcas mod needs to go in the Mods folder in the main Panzer Corps folder (not in My Documents). This folder should then appear in GME and can be activated. I followed the instructions for GME carefully at the start of this thread and don't usually have any problems. If you have a specific problem please ask and I'll try to help - although I'm not an expert!
ApaniTiger

Post by ApaniTiger »

Hi guys, I have read the thread and I am able to get the GME to activate the mod chosen. But when I see it in the list of campaigns available it has the intro instructions from command and then when I hit proceed I get a black playing field and no data in the information block. I am assuming I don't have some files indicated. I have put under the main file C:\Program Files (x86)\Slitherine\Panzer Corps\MODS\GTPG Grand Campaign v1.16 the sub folders of Audio (empt), data (has files in it), Graphics (empt),Localization which has sub folders of de and then data file with additional .pzloc files and then Briefing folder with more files. I have tried to create what I thought was the same folders as PC but not sure where to go from here. Help would be appreciated.
ApaniTiger

Post by ApaniTiger »

DUH, got this one fixed by not skipping a the extract step before putting it in the activate mode.
uzbek2012
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by uzbek2012 »

Great program, very helpful to install mods and unofficial translations !
MjrOu812
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by MjrOu812 »

I am having issues were you type in the START IN, under properties, I purchased the game over on STEAM, and the game is under so many folders, it goes like this, Program x86/STEAM/Steamapps/common/panzercorps? And every time I try all that it rejects it? I created the MODS folder within the panzer folder but that's about as far as I got...would like to have at least one mod or two to try out...but I have hit a road block?
dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

MjrOu812 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:29 am ... I created the MODS folder within the panzer folder but that's about as far as I got...would like to have at least one mod or two to try out...but I have hit a road block?
My limited experience is that you can install GME on the desktop, and move it into the panzerCorps folder. If you create the MODS folder and run GME, and click return on the default, it will work. The JSGME.INI is created automatically.

Note you must make sure that you have the correct myMod folder inside MODS.
Example
BfEFold.jpg
BfEFold.jpg (29.66 KiB) Viewed 14137 times
The 'BattlefieldEurope v1.9' folder with Data, Graphics ... folders inside must be placed in the MODS folder; not the 'BattlefieldEurope1.9' folder that contains 'BattlefieldEurope v1.9' .

Also some mods can be played without GME, like Nico's "MPC '35-'39", just drop into
~myDocuments\myGames\PanzerCorps\mods .

You have to create that mods folder as well.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
panzerdim
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by panzerdim »

Kamaraden, please help.

I have a problem to play any mods and game modding.

I have an installed PC Gold Edition Steam version.

In main PC folder I have autorun, PanzerCorps.exe and editor files and not any subfolders inside main Panzer Coprs folder. Instead sub-folders I have a huge unpacked file 1.4 Gb named PanzerCorps.dat.

All vanilla campaigns and DLCs are worked very well.

Then I try to install any mod I have a problem.
For example, I try to install BE v1.9. accorfing instaliing guide.
I do it many times step-by step using last version of JSGME and by the second way using files copy-paste options/

JSGME installed properly , snapshot folders were created in MOD folders. These folders are Data, Audio,. Expansion and etc.

But then I run PC.exe I have run a standard Gold Edition screen. No BE starting screen, no additional button More Campaign, no any options to choose BE campaign anywhere.

I tried to load Saves from BE mod which are included in mod pack and they are loading but not work. They are became like "freezing picture" after loading though standard Load Game menu.

So, I suppose that the problem is that in my main PC folders I have only unpacked .dat file instead of many subfolders /

Also , without any unpacked file like a campaign or equipment files I cannot make any modding.

Previously I was very experienced with modding of classic PG and PG2 but with PC I became a stupid guy.

Please advise.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”