How to install Generic Mod Enabler

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: How to install Generic Mod Enabler

Post by bebro »

Hi, from my experience black screen (map area), but visible interface on the right means often that the game cannot find the map or scenario file for the scenario it wants to start. If that is what's happening to you I'd assume there is either a problem in the mods you installed, or they are not installed correctly.

So unless it is something different I think it's no problem of GME itself. Please tell us what mods are having the prob, then we could see how to solve the issue. Most often the creators are active on this forum and probably could have some advice :)

(Btw: it should be possible to shut down the game safely without reboot in these cases via Window's task manager, at least I can access it via pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del keys in Win XP)
SSGWeaver
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by SSGWeaver »

Thanks for the quick reply bebro. It was a very simple fix. I needed to update the game to version 1.11. And now it works absolutely perfect.
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

A quick question: Can I use mods with the Steam version of the game?, there is no issues with the modification of the game files?.
Thanks in advance.

Regards.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

If you use Generic Mod Enabler, you shouldn't have any issue.
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

Ok, thanks!.
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
Wellingham
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Wellingham »

VPaulus wrote:Download it from here: (look at the attachment in the end of the post)

Install it, but don't run it.

First edit the Icon that GME created in the desktop.
Move the cursor to the icon and press the right mouse button and choose Proprieties.
On the Shortcut tab you'll see an option called "Start in:"
Edit and change to the local address where you installed Panzer Corps.
Press OK.

Now you can run the program by double clicking the icon you just edited.
You will see the below screen. Just press OK.

After that the main screen will open. Press Tasks and choose the option "Generate snapshot of games files".

Minimize the program, open the Windows Explorer and copy to the MODS folder (in your Panzer Corps main folder), the mod you want to install.
Remember that the files must reproduce exactly the Panzer Corps file structure. Copy all the mods you want.

Maximize the program and you'll notice that under the "Available Mods:" you'll have the mod(s) you just copy it. Now just press "Enable Selected Mod".

If you want to disable just press "Disable the Selected Mod",and the game will run without any mods.
Thank You! Really needed help with that!
~Ulisses Montagna
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wanna be a Canis Ex Machina, but all I got is this Haunted Kriegsmaschine-9000, so I still need the Herzensbrecher and the Hundkopf!
BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

This is probably the best spot for it:

All my mods use this, so if you download one, make sure you have the tool (except for the obsolete Panzer Fury)

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
Wellingham
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Wellingham »

BiteNibbleChomp wrote:This is probably the best spot for it:

All my mods use this, so if you download one, make sure you have the tool (except for the obsolete Panzer Fury)

- BNC
I dunno if the link showed up there...
~Ulisses Montagna
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wanna be a Canis Ex Machina, but all I got is this Haunted Kriegsmaschine-9000, so I still need the Herzensbrecher and the Hundkopf!
sandeja1
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Generic Mod Enabler usage question

Post by sandeja1 »

Hi all!

This may be a "silly" question but please bear with me.

Thank You to VPaulus for letting us know about this tool!

I got the the "Generic Mod Enabler" installed and configured properly {I think, all the screenshots/pictures showing installation/configuration are "broken, could they be fixed?} and would like to use the "Unit Factory" graphics.

I have done do things to use the new graphics and am confused now. They are:

1. I followed the installation/configuration directions exactly (I think) by copying the folder "PzC_unitfactory_air to the "MODS" sub-directory under Panzer Corps directory. This didn't work though.

2. I made a backup of the "equipment.pzeqp" then renamed the copy (ALWAYS make a backup first as noted by several others! :wink: ) and then modified the original file (only the graphic name portion) as documented in viewtopic.php?t=31163 and it worked that way.

Am I/did I do it wrong originally or is the second way how I should implement the change I would like to make?

Sorry for the long post but this is the first game I have ever enjoyed enough that I am willing to try "modding" it.
sandeja1

Post by sandeja1 »

I appreciate the help but I am obviously doing something wrong as I still am unable to get it to work. :(

After fiddling around with my "original" install and not getting it to work I un-installed and deleted all the directories/files for Panzer Corps and did a fresh installation that has been patched to version 1.22.

I have only the one mod "installed" right now: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Slitherine\Panzer Corps\MODS\PzC_unitfactory_air"

Under this directory I have: "Data", "Graphics" and "UI" (I created these myself) and then moved the files included with "PzC_unitfactory_air" into the appropriate directories.

Just to make sure that the "PzC_unitfactory_air" replicates the original structure I copied the entire folder contents of the original "Data", "Graphics" and "UI" folders to the new ones under "MODS"

I copied "equipment.pzeqb" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Slitherine\Panzer Corps\MODS\PzC_unitfactory_air\Data" (couldn't find a file called "equipment.pzq"

I copied "efx.pzdat" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Slitherine\Panzer Corps\MODS\PzC_unitfactory_air\Graphics"

I enabled the mod in JGSME but the new units don't show up in the campaign (yet). I would like to use some of the other mods as well but am not very confident that I can get them to work either.

Can you explain/help me figure out what I am doing wrong please?????
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but you need to post not on the Generic Mod Enabler thread but on the Unit Factory mod's thread.
The issue might not be related with Generic Mod Enabler itself but rather how you are installing the mod.
sandeja1

Post by sandeja1 »

Sorry for misunderstanding!
mikes82uk
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Put your unit requests here please

Post by mikes82uk »

I need help with panzer corps mods, i have downloaded some created a mods folder in the game folder, used software called generic mod enabler done all as I was told on the forum page, but I cannot see the mods campaigns, I downloaded them from a site that was in German and must confess my German is not that good anymore, please advise the best site to download mods and how to install them, I love this game I had the original panzer general on PlayStation many thanks in advance.
ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Re: Put your unit requests here please

Post by ThvN »

Hi mikes82uk, welcome to the forum! About your problem, I might be able to help, so first a couple of questions: What mod are you trying to install? Some older ones don't work with GME and need to be manually installed. I can read most German so I can help with translating if you have a link. I've moved your post to the GME thread, please check the first post viewtopic.php?f=147&t=27158 to see a step-by-step guide for installing it, maybe something went wrong in your case?

Here is a thread that has most mod campaigns: viewtopic.php?f=147&t=39055, and there is also a thread for mods that change graphics etc. : viewtopic.php?f=147&t=39054
mikes82uk

Post by mikes82uk »

many thanks for your help, I used your links you gave to download mods I download 3 the SS mod, the pacific mod (USMC) and the Wehrmacht mod,all I need now is someone to explain to me like I was a 2 year old how to install and get them working . Again I thank you in advance.
ThvN
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by ThvN »

Hi, is this step-by-step guide helpful? viewtopic.php?f=147&t=27158#p250799

If you have installed GME and you have a desktop shortcut, you can use the steps from the above link to set up GME. If you follow the steps, you will have a new subfolder called 'MODS' to put any mods in, something like 'Slitherine\Panzer Corps\Panzer Corps\MODS'

If you downloaded the USMC mod by bebro, you'll have a 148Mb zip file called 'USMC_GME_v0_95.zip'.

Just put this zip file in that 'MODS' subfolder and unzip it. Usually, in Windows you can right-click the file and in the pop-up menu there is an option called 'Extract all', select this.
You will get a new window where it will ask where you want to put the files, it should already show something like 'Slitherine\Panzer Corps\Panzer Corps\MODS\USMC_GME_v0_95', click the 'Extract' button and let it run.

When it's done unpacking, start up GME again and follow the steps from the post I linked at the beginning to activate the mod. The mod's name is 'USMC_GME_v0_95'. If you have any trouble with specific steps just let me know at what step it went wrong. It can be a bit cumbersome the first time, don't give up, even I managed it! :)

A quick reminder for in GME: if the left field is empty, let GME search for mods (select 'Tasks', than 'refresh list'). In the left field select the 'USMC_GME_v0_95' mod, and activate it with the top button in the middle.
mikes82uk

Post by mikes82uk »

Thank you for taking time to explain it,i think I have it now many thanks again.
mikes82uk

Post by mikes82uk »

Is it possible to use both allied and axis equipment Ie playing as Allied but using German Equipment like the aircraft or artillery and vise versa ?
Skylar27
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by Skylar27 »

Hello all ...

I'm new here and new to Panzer Corp. I recently purchased the game via STEAM and I have NO IDEA where to install the GME program or the MODS I'd like to try e.g. RSM Redux1.25, Elite Units1.21 and the realistic flags

Any and all help for an FNG would be muchly appreciated :wink:
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

If you already download it GME, just install it as a normal application.
Create the MODS folder inside the game folder, for the Steam version should be something like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Panzer Corps"
Extract/copy all the mods you want to play inside the MODS folder.
After it first run select the Panzer Corps Mods folder you have created: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Panzer Corps\MODS"
Now you should a list at the left with all the mods the application detected, then just apply them and run the game. Voila!.

Regards.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”