How to install Generic Mod Enabler

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

spiritxx
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by spiritxx »

yes (as long as no mod enabler for pc is ready)
jaggy
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by jaggy »

AgentX & El Condoro - thank you very much! I'm playing the campaign game and just finished Sea Lion 40 with a Decisive Victory. Can I carry on with my current campaign using Mannock's maps via JSGME or do I need to re-start the campaign? Also, would I get to see Crete as I ended up in Barbarossa after Sea Lion 40? Appreciate the alert on saving custom campaign games, AgentX. Thanks in advance. :mrgreen: I'm enjoying this game very much!
spiritxx

Post by spiritxx »

as long as you don´t finished a map previous to any change it works

lets say you on greece and want add the Map Pack
on map pack next map is crete, if you safe one turn before end of map you can add it
end the map test the crete map, if you dont like it remove the map pack and go back to your last turn save of greece

for me it works that way
jaggy

Post by jaggy »

Thanks for the info, spiritxx. If I deliberately lose in Sea Lion 40 and therefore end up in Greece and later Crete (presumably), can I still campaign against the USA later on? Thanks in advance.
spiritxx

Post by spiritxx »

yes after moscow 41 (desicive) you go to sealion 42 (harder than first one)

link with campaign tree:
viewtopic.php?t=27280&start=0
jaggy

Post by jaggy »

spiritxx, many thanks for the clarifications and the link. :D
grabbysnatch
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by grabbysnatch »

cheers, will give it a try. I do have the Cd as I bought the hard copy not just digital download, so if I do mess up I can re-install the game
DJ88
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by DJ88 »

VPaulus wrote:For Historical Insignia Pack:

So under the Mods folder, you installed in Historical Insignia Pack sub-folder (or whatever the name of mod is to be installed). Then which files are installed there? Just the files included in the mod download and keep them in proper order? I noticed most mod downloads have Data, Graphics and UI folders only...not sure if I have to also copy the other folders from the original game?

I see the Mod installed in the Generic Mod Utility, and activated...but the mod doesn't open. When I go to "New Game" to each campaign or scenario, it doesn't look like the mod is installed. Not sure how to find / launch mods on the main menu...or I goofed installing something or both.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Dylan wrote:So under the Mods folder, you installed in Historical Insignia Pack sub-folder (or whatever the name of mod is to be installed). Then which files are installed there? Just the files included in the mod download and keep them in proper order?

Yes. That's it.
Dylan wrote:I noticed most mod downloads have Data, Graphics and UI folders only...not sure if I have to also copy the other folders from the original game?
No, you don't have to.
Dylan wrote:I see the Mod installed in the Generic Mod Utility, and activated...but the mod doesn't open. When I go to "New Game" to each campaign or scenario, it doesn't look like the mod is installed. Not sure how to find / launch mods on the main menu...or I goofed installing something or both.
Probably because the files of the mod is not replicating exactly the game folder structure.
Could you tell us which mod are you speaking?
Last edited by VPaulus on Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DJ88
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by DJ88 »

I got it working...the part I got wrong, was not copying the exact original game files to the MODS folder. When I did that...and kept the Italian mod files under separate Italian folder ( in MODS parent folder ) it worked fine. Thanks for the write-up on how to use this Generic Mod Enabler.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

Before I try and figure it out myself, I thought I would see if there are instructions on how to make GME work for other games without messing up it being setup for PzC.

Is there a way to “easily” switch from one game to another with GME?
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

As far as I know, there's no problem.
Remember that you've to have a different shortcut, for each game. Whatever it needs to install, it will install in the game folder.
HBalck
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
Location: Augsburg / Bavaria / Germany...but I am from Eastern Germany !

Post by HBalck »

The Generic Mod install dont run exactly with my Africa corps - the equipment file and the new game menu dont start with patch 1.04 .

Edit - the lovely patch designer play a cat and mouse game with us - the new equipment file location for all german players is in Panzer Corps/Localization/de/Data and the menu graphic again in UI/startscreen folder. Now it runs !

H.Balck
bobk
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by bobk »

OK, I have the dreaded double folder on my original installation of the main game!

D:\Program Files (x86)\Slitherine\Panzer Corps\Panzer Corps

Do I need to fix this or can I continue with the GME setup?
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

No you don't have to fix it.
However, I always suggest, to remove games from Program Files folder.
Not that there's any issue with that and Panzer Corps, but I've read that some games don't like it.
bobk

Post by bobk »

I am running Win7 and I know that every time I start PzC I get asked if I want an unknown publisher to change files on this computer. I know I can turn that off but it doesn`t happen with all my games. Maybe the way I have it installed? Anyway, everything works great, and the mod enabler runs, so I`ll will study the posts and figure the rest out. Then get back to beta-testing : o
AgentX
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by AgentX »

bobk wrote:I am running Win7 and I know that every time I start PzC I get asked if I want an unknown publisher to change files on this computer. I know I can turn that off but it doesn`t happen with all my games. Maybe the way I have it installed? Anyway, everything works great, and the mod enabler runs, so I`ll will study the posts and figure the rest out. Then get back to beta-testing : o
Same thing happens to me. I believe it's because I forgot to run the installer as administrator and did a straight install. If your PzC icon has that blue/yellow shield on it, you probably did the same thing. I just need to get around to uninstalling and reinstalling it.
Panzer Corps Beta Tester
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

AgentX wrote: Same thing happens to me. I believe it's because I forgot to run the installer as administrator and did a straight install.
Nope.
In case of Panzer Corps, the only way to Windows 7 not asking you that, is to disable UAC. But by doing that you're lowering your system defences.
Personally, I disabled it always, after installing Windows 7 or Vista. But l know the risks that I run. I cannot advise others to do that.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

i think I was able to figure this out
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Got GME, installed as described, copied my custom campaign from My Games\Panzer Corps\Mods to the main game folder Slitherine\Panzer Corps\MODS.

After enabling it via GME I can play it without probs.

However, from El_Condoro's earlier post...
If you are working on scenarios or, like me, a campaign with multiple scenarios and briefings and pzloc files edit the files in the folder where they are copied from and not in the game folders.
.. I understand that further changes of these custom files should still be made under the "My Games" ("where they are copied from") version, so NOT under Slitherine\Panzer Corps\MODS, is that right?

Just how do I apply these changes then to this folder? Just copying updated files doesn't seem to work (I still get to play the old version withou those changes showing up), or I'm making mistakes I'm not aware of. Can anyone shed light on this?

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”