How to install Generic Mod Enabler

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

In order to access your campaign through the Campaigns folder, you need to have your campaigned installed in My Games\Panzer Corps\Mods. In that case you don't use GME. Unless you use custom units.
If you use custom units in your campaign mod, then I'm afraid you'll have to use both. You'll need GME for the efx file. For now the inner campaign mod support is not loading that file from My Games\Panzer Corps\Mods. So you have to enable the efx file through GME.
This is a little confusing, I guess.
But try with nikivdd's Italian Campaign, to understand what I mean. He has custom units in it. Those custom units don't produce a sound, because the efx is not loaded. But if you have for example Real Sound Mod (Which is compatible with nikki's Italian Campaign) enabled through GME, the units will have sound then.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

OK, thanks, I'll look into the Italian campain.
flakfernrohr
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by flakfernrohr »

Yes originally I did install it into the Panzer Corps files in program 86 files. that is now on Drive G. I had left one by mistake still alive with a shortcut in the Downloads files of the Drive C. It works and I just moved it to the newly installed Panzer Corps 1.0 files in program 86 of Drive C
Old Timer Panzer General fan. Maybe a Volksturm soldier now. Did they let Volksturm drive Panzers?
pcpilot
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by pcpilot »

Ive noticed something...when I run CCcleaner, somehow it disables the mod installer. The icon is changed to the windows generic icon and when you click on it to start the mod installer, it doesnt work! The files are all there but it doesnt work. When I reinstalled the GME it worked fine with all the old mods still showing and mods enabled I last enabled. But as soon as I run cccleaner, its messed up again. Any ideas? :?:
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

No.
Only that CCleaner (like any other program who "cleans" Windows registry), sometimes messes with the system. It's not 100% fail proof.
Maybe that issue occurs because GME is installed in one folder but the icon is pointing to other folder.
Uhu
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Re: How to install Generic Mod Enabler

Post by Uhu »

The link is no more working. Can you replace it, please?
VPaulus wrote:Download it from here: http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/softwa ... jsgme.html
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Uhu wrote:The link is no more working. Can you replace it, please?
VPaulus wrote:Download it from here: http://www.users.on.net/~jscones/softwa ... jsgme.html
No I can't. That was the official page, and it seems is down.
I don't have the original installer, so if anyone has an installer please PM me, and I can try to post somewhere until the original page is on, if ever.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Thanks Uhu.
I've upload as an attachment in the OP.
pcpilot
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by pcpilot »

Its been awhile so bear with me. I did figure out that you can set CCcleaner to avoid the GME enabler all together. Once you open CCcleaner, go into "Options", then "Exclude". From there, click "Add", then select "drive or Folder". Then "Browse" and go to your install of GME. I put mine in Panzer Corps folder on C Drive so it looks like this... C:\Program Files (x86)\Slitherine\Panzer Corps\JSGME.exe. Now I can run CCcleaner without it screwing up my GME install. Not earth shattering stuff but avoids a little hassle if you have CCcleaner. :)
GSlapshot
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by GSlapshot »

VP;
Has there been any thought on what to do with GME mods installed when installing AK? Do we need to disable all mods, install AF and then reenable the mods? Any thoughts since I suspect new units mean new sounds and I am using your sound mod & others.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Before patching I always disable all the mods in GME. Then I cut (not copy) and past from the MODS folder into another folder outside Panzer Corps. Then I proceed to install the patch. Next, in GME, I generate a new snapshot of the game files.
Then I cut and past the mods, that I previously remove, to the MODS folder again.
With Afrika Korps expansion I'll execute exactly the same procedures.

Off-Topic: There will be a new version of Redux sound mod, adapted to run in 1.10, with a few new sounds and with most of the attack sounds made by the units revamped. Only the attack, not the damage.
GSlapshot

Post by GSlapshot »

VP;
Good post and the part about a new snapshot is something I hadn't thought about. You should get this post out since I suspect many are going to buy AK and just install without thinking about mods installed such as your sound and SS mods.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

GSlapshot wrote:VP;
Good post and the part about a new snapshot is something I hadn't thought about. You should get this post out since I suspect many are going to buy AK and just install without thinking about mods installed such as your sound and SS mods.
Well it's posted here, in this thread. Isn't it? :wink:
In the worst case people will install again the mods... after a clean Panzer Corps install. :twisted:
SS mod won't work with 1.10, unless Bob will turn his mod compatible with it. I haven't seen Bob for a long time. :(
GSlapshot

Post by GSlapshot »

VP I wound up reinstalling PzC and DLC's 39 & 40 since I have been installing the DLCs & 1.05 with mods installed. One thing your post did about disabling mods is that I had DMP AK installed and I suspect there would be some naming & unit contentions that might crash the new AK campaign.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

You can install DMP Afrika Korps as a stand alone and through GME. In both cases you won't have any conflict with Afrika Korps.
ElIndio
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ElIndio »

Just wanted to say I installed the GME last night and after a bit of fiddling got it to work! :D

I have to say it is a brilliant concept once installed, as it works in a similar way to Men of war Assault squad for installing and activating mods etc.

So far I installed the historical flag mod and the USMC campaign.

I'd advise every PC user to install the GME as it just massively increases the options for PC and you can always go back to the vanilla game at anytime with no re-install.
chief
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by chief »

In my Win 7 pro my files are setup as follows and the game is working fine. I plan on installing the JSGME to
this first setup, etc. Then I will install Maelstrom as follows. Will it work ?

Put "Game Files" in My Computer/Disc C/Panzer Corps/MODS
(JSGME in this file)

Put "Scenarios Files" in Documents/My Documents/My Games/Panzer Corps/MODS

I wanted to get rid of going through "Program files" for a proper install of GME. Any comments appreciated.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

chief wrote:In my Win 7 pro my files are setup as follows and the game is working fine. I plan on installing the JSGME to
this first setup, etc. Then I will install Maelstrom as follows. Will it work ?

Put "Game Files" in My Computer/Disc C/Panzer Corps/MODS
(JSGME in this file)

Put "Scenarios Files" in Documents/My Documents/My Games/Panzer Corps/MODS

I wanted to get rid of going through "Program files" for a proper install of GME. Any comments appreciated.
As long you've installed Panzer Corps original game in My Computer/Disc C/Panzer Corps, yes it's pretty correct. :)
chief
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by chief »

VP Thank you for reply and info. As always you come through....Chief
SSGWeaver
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by SSGWeaver »

I am having an issue with the GME, and not sure how or what I may have done wrong. Followed the instructions on downloading the GME and any MODS I wanted. When I start the game and click on new campaigns it starts like normal but when it goes to the map screen it is all blacked out and I can't do anything. Have to reboot the computer to restore functionality to my computer. Now I thought I had noticed a thread or post about the same issue but can't seem to find it or just confused about what i read. If somebody could give me a clue as to what I may have done wrong t would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”