Enhancement requests: Scenario Editor

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Re: Enhancement requests: Scenario Editor

Post by El_Condoro »

This may already have been requested:

The ability to edit units that have been placed in a tabular form. Currently, to edit placed units each one must be Shift-clicked to bring up their details - it would be much easier if the placed unit details could be seen and edited in a table.

Pushing the boundaries: batch editing. e.g. Change all Wehrmacht infantry to Wehrmacht 43 infantry. Editing experience, entrenchment etc would be much easier in a table and batch editing make it even more so.
EuroBoss
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by EuroBoss »

So all these requests are any of going to get done or is this thread just a total waste of time?
More likely i'm guessing you will pay for them in the next expasion.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Africa Corps expansion will not be free. Patches, however, are free
Why should the expansion be free? Don't you have to pay for food everyday? :roll:
Or you're just trolling?
massi
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by massi »

hehehe :) in the office where I work, good requests, meet this end .. :D :D :D :D
Just kidding guys: D

VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

:lol:
massi
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by massi »

;) :D :D :D
Rudankort
FlashBack Games
FlashBack Games

Post by Rudankort »

Nice one, massi. You give me a good idea. :)

Seriously though, a number of requests posted in this thread will be implemented in Africa, and will be available as a free patch which will work with the main game as well. So, no need to buy Africa in order to get these changes. However, I can also tell you that some of the requests from this thread will never get implemented. Mostly those which imply significant changes in the engine and turning PzC into a completely different game.

BTW, can't repro this one:
55. When you copy (or clone) a unit in the scenario designer, the AI setting isn't copied along.
Values like starting experience, entrenchment, are, but not the AI setting - you will always have to edit each unit copy if you don't want "Default AI".

Does this happen to you guys in 1.05?
El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro »

Rudankort wrote: BTW, can't repro this one:
55. When you copy (or clone) a unit in the scenario designer, the AI setting isn't copied along.
Values like starting experience, entrenchment, are, but not the AI setting - you will always have to edit each unit copy if you don't want "Default AI".

Does this happen to you guys in 1.05?
No. When I copy a unit I get everything, including its AI setting.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Same here.
fsx
Warhammer Moderator
Warhammer Moderator

Post by fsx »

My wish-list:

1. I can add more than the 9 layers in the tileset-file. (All) the new layers are visible in the editor. BUT: for each new layer in the edit menu (also in the view-menu) one menu item goes out (like the zones, special hex...). Why? Ist it not possible to cancel the limit in the scenarioEditor.exe?:
After the IDS_MENU_EDIT I see Layer0 to Layer19 in the exe. The number of menu-items are fixed.
If you change this, please look for the Shortcuts!
It is perhaps possible to use the new Layers with the editor and than change the strings-file to access the other menu-items.
2. Please, let the user define the the layer for generating terrain, roads,... Now, you use the Layer-Number.
3. Trigger: on select unit, open popup-window. It is nice for explaining new untis or for tutorial-informations.
4. Trigger: to remove unit from the map (and to set an other unit on its place with same experiance, kills....)
5. Trigger for terrain. During the scenario, it woud be possible to change the map, like adding fire, smoke, ...
6. Is it possible do define the terraintype in the scenario? We would use spring, summer, fall, desert as the Dry-Layer.
7. Add a "neutral side" - it is a 3rd side (Axis, Allies, Neutral). I know, its difficult to add this because p.ex. the strplate-lines are first the core for both sides and then the aux for both sides.
8. Add layer for the weather-change. Covered sky, rain and snowfall-layer.
9. Add a buy-list for the enemy-side.
10. Selecting a target (unit or hex) for a enemy unit woud be nice.

For the Programm:
I tried many things, are not "normal" for PC. But some of the topics could add value to the game.

1. Please, dont use impicit traits! Like para only for infantery, capture a city, lsup... You have the traits column in the unitclasses file. Use it!
2. Why there is a fixed number of movement types? I would like to add more.
3. Please, make a switch from air to land and land to air possible. Now I found the same unit twice at the map.
4. If I use a ship as a transport (like the Opel, class 14), it works. Only in ports the unit can switch to using the ship. But in the next turn, the unit is perhaps on water and not within the ship.
5. Make the same for air-transport. The only hex to switch to air should be the airport.
6. If slitherine uses traits (not fixed in the program), it would be nice to add new unit-classes.
7. Give us the possibility to add videos to the briefings.
8. Create a filename for a picture file depending from szenario and turn. (newturn-window)
9. SHOW THE HERO-BONUS at the tooltipp in the unit-list (on the hero-heads). Show the bonus also in the unit-details-window.
10. Give medals some value. perhaps as a experience-bonus at the begin of a scenario. Or for cheaper elite-replacements.
11. Perhaps, show the accessible hex are in the Fog of War in an other color before the movement.
12. Let us use the stars for experience over 599 in the main.html.
13. Show first the ground units and after that the air-units on the map. Sometime, now ground-units can overlap air-units in the lower-left-hex. (if the aircraft exceeds the hex-borders).
14. Show the difficulty-level. Somewhere. (newturn-window)?

Sorry for my poor english.
Attachments
Topic1 for scenario editor
Topic1 for scenario editor
layers.png (11.08 KiB) Viewed 14893 times
fsx
Warhammer Moderator
Warhammer Moderator

Post by fsx »

Sorry. I checked the first ScenarioEditor-Issue and now, I can use 4 more layers. And all menu items are accessable with shortcuts!
Nice.
But a user defined selection for the tiles creating would be nice. Then, I could use new layers between the given layers.
blindsey
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by blindsey »

Add a SAVED GAME EDITOR ability for the player versus PC saved games (but not usable for the Email saved games).

Make minor nations units purchasable all the time.
fsx
Warhammer Moderator
Warhammer Moderator

Post by fsx »

Yes-No-Questions: viewtopic.php?f=147&t=36595#p344171
(new feature) Message in pzloc-file. viewtopic.php?f=121&t=36609
adjusting future heroes in scenario editor: viewtopic.php?f=121&t=36157&p=344382#p344382
fsx
Warhammer Moderator
Warhammer Moderator

Post by fsx »

unit filters in scenario editor:
Axis core, Axis aux, Allies core, Allies aux

Mark in scenario editor:
unit with triggers, units with heroes

List in scenario editor:
units in the scenario (with access as on the map: shift-click or as an table to edit values)

because:
* core unit (axis - or allies) only used in single scenarios, not in an campaing (only in the 1st scenario)
* it is difficult to see the units having triggers (looking at each unit with shift-click)
fsx
Warhammer Moderator
Warhammer Moderator

Post by fsx »

a chance to give an scenario a tag (in the campaign-file)
why? because you could use a scenario twice (with / without additional units)
El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro »

fsx wrote:a chance to give an scenario a tag (in the campaign-file)
Can't we do this now? Just use the same scenario name more than once in the campaign? I'm not sure why this would be done, though.
fsx
Warhammer Moderator
Warhammer Moderator

Post by fsx »

El_Condoro wrote:
fsx wrote:a chance to give an scenario a tag (in the campaign-file)
Can't we do this now? Just use the same scenario name more than once in the campaign? I'm not sure why this would be done, though.
I would like to make a scenario with three variants
1. "normal"
2. with more german units
3. with more allied units.

If I use trigger on the additional units (condition: tag x), I could use the scenario 3 times WITHOUT changing something, if there is a chance to "give" a scenario a tag in the campaign file.
A problem for modding is to make more than one near similar scenario. If something has to be change, it is to do in all these similar scenarios.
El_Condoro
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by El_Condoro »

Ah OK. So the tag would be set in campaign.pzdat and then transferred to the scenario from where it could be used in unit triggers. That sounds like a good idea. :)
fsx
Warhammer Moderator
Warhammer Moderator

Post by fsx »

It's not in the scenario-editor, its in the equipmet:
Add a new trait "special" (not the same as the special-checkbox in unit detail in the scenario-editor) for such units:
I would like to set an unit in a scenario (to be a core-unit). If its not the first scenario in an campaign, I have to use a trigger to give the unit to the player.
But this unit has no possibility to upgrade (trait noupgrade) or could upgraded to each unit of the unitclass.
The type of upgrade like bonus-units would be work fine. But: If I use the "bonus" trait and the unit is killed, the player has an chance to recive a bonus-unit instead. And the bonus slot for the unit on the map in next scenario would occupied from a random bonus unit given randomly from he program.

Trait "special"
* only upgrade to an special-unit in the same unitclass possible
* not uses an bonus slot in scenarios
* if such a unit is killed, the player has no chance to recive a replacement (like bonus units do)
fsx
Warhammer Moderator
Warhammer Moderator

Post by fsx »

"global" tags (for example to remember for something - like destroyed ships or special units, they should never come back on the map in later scenarios) for all scenarios of an campaign available

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”