How does AI buy units

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

MarkusParkus
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

How does AI buy units

Post by MarkusParkus »

Hello,

I would like to ask a few questions about tweaking AI in scenario/mods.

1) Does anyone now, how the AI decides which units to buy? And is it possible to affect this somehow (maybe via some values in efile)? Especialy if AI does have a lot of prestige?

I would like to create a dynamic scenario, where conquering of certain victory point gives the side noticeable prestige bonus. And I would like to make sure that AI spend it in some reasonable way, but I don't want to script exact units via UNIT ACTION.
So far, I have seen different behaviour - sometime it buys a lot of cheap defenses like ATs, sometime it is defensive cluster of artilety, anti aircraft units and infantery and once or twice I have even seen it buing a tank. Can I affect this behavior somehow?

2) Is there some way to debug the AI behavior? I know that I can look at results of AI decisions via "fog of war" cheat. But is there a way to display other values in some debug mode or cheat? I mean values like current prestige, current AI state of some unit (attacker/defender/patrol) or list of all units AI has currently on the map? Some command line parameter or cheat?

3) What is a default behavior of units that AI buys? Do I have to set it to attacker/defender state every turn? And is it possible to setup for example "all tanks" to be attackers and "all ATs" to be defenders at same turn on the all map without using AI zones?

Thank you for answers.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”