Game caused a Bluescreen

Tech support for Panzer Corps

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

player_2
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Game caused a Bluescreen

Post by player_2 »

So I was casually playing Panzer Corps: Grand Campaign `39, the Piatek scenario, and I was checking the stats of an enemy unit, when suddenly I got a Windows 10 bluescreen! I hard restarted my PC and as it started, Windows started installing some updates, restarted again and my PC is luckily running normally again. On the bluescreen was an error message: irql_not_less_or_equal . All of my drivers are up to date (CPU, GPU, Mainboard) my Widndows 10 64-bit is also up to date. I really do not think that the bluescreen happened because something is wrong with my hardware/software because that is the first time I got a bluescreen. Before that happened, there were days where I was using my PC 6 hours straight without any issue.

Before the Bluescreen happened, the game froze from time to time, sometimes I even had to restart my PC because it wasn´t responding.

Until someone will have a clue I will just not touch this game, because I don´t want to damage my software or even hardware. I hope someone has a solution for this!
Cheers!

P.S.: I bought and downloaded the game from Steam
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Game caused a Bluescreen

Post by zakblood »

welcome to the forum player_2,

sorry about your issues, without more information it would be hard to say what may be an issue, where i'm 99% sure it's not the game, as tbh the game came out so long ago now, and with no others having the same issue, for me it's something in your hardware and or software mix which maybe causing an issue, but with a report i won't be guessing as it will point to it if you would be so kind as to upload it, i will look into it and read out the report to you with some more information and recommendations and offer some guidance to get the game working correctly,...

How to get a DirectX Diagnostic file:

1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

We prefer that DxDiag files be posted as message attachments rather than pasted into the body of the post.

once the report has been made, just attach it to your post with first adding the file to a zip, which is then permitted to attach to the forum
player_2

Post by player_2 »

Yes, I guess you´re right. I just hope everything is fine with my rig, I think reinstalling the game could help.

Thanks for the quick answer!
Attachments
Neuer Ordner.zip
DxDiag files
(14.43 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

hardware wise, win 10 is spot on and working 100% correctly or so says the report

game wise, a few minor issues

2 from elsewhere, have caused an issue at a time, but nothing bad like a blue screen one etc

P1: bf1.exe
P1: DCGAME.EXE
P1: Guardians.exe

P1: PanzerCorps.exe

so here's my advice
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

windows 10 is the best gaming version since windows came out imo, but it needs some tweaks to me it more backwards compatible, and everything i mention comes with windows 10, just not installed by default, and so far haven't had more than a odd game or so with the 100's i test and recommend solutions for,...

not in any order, but if you have a second drive, do what it says so the 2nd drive doesn't auto sleep

if you have a laptop or gaming pc, don't use power saving mode, as unless you wish to save the planet and use less power, and if so, but a cheaper cpu

add into windows the parts it's removed in windows 10, makes it more back wards compatible

if a game from any age needs something to work, it will always have it included, 99% of the time, so make sure you install it, and if it has a 32bit and 64bit version, install both, 32bit first then and only the 64bit 2nd, and don't worry about having too many of the same version, as you won't, each one is totally different, if it's the same it over writes and or repairs the one you have.

some games need media player for codec, and tbh even if you don't use it, add it anyway as it won't harm or cause any issue with it installed, as it's a windows 10 auto included file

90+% of all windows games won't use the game bar, and some will flatly refuse to work with in enabled, so disable it, same as the steam overlay for some steam games etc
Attachments
power max.jpg
power max.jpg (151.99 KiB) Viewed 1983 times
media player win 10.jpg
media player win 10.jpg (81.12 KiB) Viewed 1983 times
hdd power 0.jpg
hdd power 0.jpg (186.45 KiB) Viewed 1983 times
game bar.jpg
game bar.jpg (185.52 KiB) Viewed 1983 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (193.42 KiB) Viewed 1983 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (171.62 KiB) Viewed 1983 times
player_2

Post by player_2 »

Ok, I activated DirectPlay. Let´s see if it helps. Strange thing is though, that before the freez and the bluescreen happened, I was playing almost exactly 1 hour straight. Then it froze. Do you think it could have something to do wiht the playtime?
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

It could, specially if you were using mods.
Those BSODS can be caused by hardware failures, drivers or other software conflicts.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Tech Support”