Upgrading captured equipment

Tech support for Panzer Corps

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

peggn
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Upgrading captured equipment

Post by peggn »

Is it possible to re-equip a unit with captured equipment? There's the odd time when this would be useful. At the moment I have a KV-1B with 3 and a half stars experience, I've captured a second KV-1C and I'd like to do a crew swap. I'm trying to manage my core size, and having used green Italian troops on Stalingrad I know experience generally counts more than equipment quality. Crew retraining would be pretty minimal! (Kinda sad, the Italians made a good showing of it IRL, in this scenario Bersaglieri couldn't even meet conscripts on even terms.)
sorenthewild
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Upgrading captured equipment

Post by sorenthewild »

No it's not possible. You can only upgrade captured units to German ones.
peggn

Post by peggn »

Cheers Soren. Pity!
peggn

Post by peggn »

Actually I found a way. I used the cheat console to bring up all future upgrades, and it turned out capturable units are listed too. So I upgraded my KV-1B to a KV-1C, disbanded the KV-1C I'd picked up, my experienced crews are appreciating their upgraded but familiar kit and my conscience is clear. Soon enough I'll probably upgrade these to Tigers to maintain my heavy tank force, when they become available, or change if I capture KV-85s. We'll see. Panzer IVs are still going to be upgrading for the rest of the war and are much cheaper to continue upgrading or replace casualties, it'll be a while before I can exchange some of these for Panthers. Having to watch my stash of prestige now I'm fighting the dragon's teeth troops of Russia. Good job I'd accumulated so much in early campaigns.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Tech Support”