Error after installing Soviet Corps

Tech support for Panzer Corps

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

Maliketh42
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Error after installing Soviet Corps

Post by Maliketh42 »

After installing Soviet Corps, I am no longer able to load any of my saves, play any of the DLC's (they show as unpurchased) and my campaign folder is empty. I can play Soviet Corps, but that's it.If I try to use the Panzercorps shortcut instead of the Soviet Corps one, I get an error message that the data file cannot be found. Any suggestions besides a full reinstall?
Maliketh42

Re: Error after installing Soviet Corps

Post by Maliketh42 »

I uninstalled and reinstalled Soviet Corps then updated using the check updates button on the launcher. After the second attempt, it updated to v 1.30 and opened the Panzcorps Gold Launch screen. I have never purchased the Gold Edition, but launched PC to see if I could play anything besides Soviet Corps. No luck, made a new shortcut from Panzercorps.exe, still only able to play Soviet.
Moniker
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Moniker »

Have you tried choosing New Game and then clicking on German cross on left side? You didn't mention Steam, sometimes in the past after I installed new product it wasn't till next day that things worked properly. May want to post in Tech Support forum also.
Maliketh42

Post by Maliketh42 »

I did try to start a new game, including all the DLC's I have purchased. A message box comes up and asks if I want to purchase them. I will get a post over in the Tech Support section, thanks. No, I did not use Steam.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Are you running a 32bit or a 64bit Windows?
Maliketh42

Post by Maliketh42 »

I have a 64-bit Windows system.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Please follow these steps:
1. Uninstall all Panzer Corps expansions and DLC
2. Uninstall the base game Panzer Corps.
3. Download the file attached in this message PanzerCorps_ClRegKey-x64.zip
4. Unzip the downloaded file and run the extracted file PanzerCorps_ClRegKey-x64.reg
5. Allow the "program" to edit/delete the Windows registry keys regarding the game
6. Install Panzer Corps Werhmacht
7. Install Afrika Korps
8. Install the Panzer Corps Grand Campaign Mega Pack
9. Install Allied Corps
10. Install Sea Lion
11. Install Soviet Corps
12. Install US Corps campaigns

If you have your games registered in your account, you can download them from the member's area:
http://www.slitherine.com/members/
Attachments
PanzerCorps_ClRegKey-x64.zip
(495 Bytes) Downloaded 181 times
Maliketh42

Post by Maliketh42 »

I will get to work on this, thanks for your help.
doktorbole
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by doktorbole »

I'm currently experiencing 2 problems with Soviet Corps.

First, game is seriously lagging, I've never had that issue before, I'm using the same computer on which I have played Allied Corps, Grand Campaign and Sea Lion and it was never so slow. Same hardware, same software. I'm running a 64 bit Windows 8. I did a clean installation, first uninstalled Panzer Corps completely because previously I've played mods like Modern Conflict and Italian Campaign 2.0, then installed Panzer Corps, then v 1.30 update and then Soviet Corps.

Second, I've noticed a strange thing while playing Winter War scenario. My t-26s tank unit has reached 226 experience points and it's stuck, no matter how many new kills I make experience level remains the same. Kill count increases and hero can be awarded but experience remains the same. I've checked other units and noticed the same thing, any unit with experience over 200 has stuck at certain level and experience doesn't increase after new kills. This goes both for ground and air units. They are all stuck on different levels of experience but one thing in common for all of them is that they have over 200 experience.
However, inexperienced units which I've received as reinforcements at turn 7 or 8 are not affected. Their experience grows from 0 after they make kills.

Any help or suggestion would be kindly appreciated.
doktorbole
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by doktorbole »

Problem with lagging and slow running has been resolved after using registry key uploaded by VPaulus and reinstalling the game, thank you for that.

However, problem with the unit experience remains.
Tarrak
Panzer Corps Moderator
Panzer Corps Moderator

Post by Tarrak »

In the game there exists a mechanic called experience cap. If set in a mission, units can not earn more exp then the cap is set to. The cap is usually mentioned in the mission briefings and usually, if my memory serves me right, used during the grand campaigns but maybe it's active in soviet corps too.
doktorbole
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by doktorbole »

No, then all units would reach same experience level due to experience cap, in my case different units were stuck at different levels but all above 200. And there's no mentioning of experience limitation anywhere in the briefing.

After using registry key and re installation of the game I've finished Winter War scenario the way it was, with no experience gain until the end of that scenario. After I've moved to next scenario everything was back to normal and units started receiving experience increase once again.
Maliketh42

Post by Maliketh42 »

The reinstall with the reg key fix did the trick. Thanks for your help.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Tech Support”