Bugs present in current version

Tech support for Panzer Corps

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

AfrikaKorpsSoldat
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Bugs present in current version

Post by AfrikaKorpsSoldat »

I like all the features of the recent patches, but there are still some bugs that have persisted and carried over along with new ones.

In steam with windows 7 the game crashes no matter what during the enemy turn animations if you have the task manager running in the background.

The game skips turns sometimes after sending a turn, you'll instantly get a reply back as soon as the turn is sent. this happened for a few turns in a row in one of the allied corps mp unbalanced scenarios but most of the time it is purely random, although it doesn't occur all that often so I'm not sure if some of it has been fixed over time.

Sometimes when you send a turn, before you can click anything else it redownloads the game, and you either see the end of your turn that you just did/the start of your turn again(It forces you to altf4 or end the process because you can't click on anything even the menu buttons), or the same turn at the beginning but from your opponent's perspective(same thing).

Also one thing I'd like to add is that the game randomly chooses which side it wants to show in the saved replays rather than just having no fog of war. Not sure if this is intentional, but it would be great if replays had no FoW.
Last edited by AfrikaKorpsSoldat on Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
AfrikaKorpsSoldat

Re: Bugs present in current version

Please help, because some of these bugs are really game breaking/could throw games one way or another(especially tournament games) if the game is glitching to showing your opponent's view.

It's happened about 3-4 times over about 20 multiplayer maps, mostly afrika corps unbalanced scenarios, and it happened once in one of the big 1941 mod scenarios.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Regarding the animations crash, try renaming the "Audio" folder as "_Audio" and uninstall any mod you might have.
You'll play without sound but it will help to determine the cause of the issue.

The 1941 map, it's a big map, that can cause the game to crash, so I would avoid it.

Regarding your other issues, I'm sorry but I can't offer any suggestion.
Emoni
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Emoni »

Seems like a lot of problems since last patch... and I can't even play my Allied campaign still either. Sadly regretting buying all the DLC :(
AfrikaKorpsSoldat

I was just hoping that someone would be able to pass down some of these issues to the developers. My animations work fine but not without making sure task manager is closed.

One more bug I would like to mention Is that after a few turns or halfway in, the game stops showing the enemy turn animations completely, it just skips to the next turn screen as soon as you load. Once it does that you don't get the animations for the rest of the duration of the scenario.

This happened specifically halfway through Gazala Line in Afrika Korps, and in other big scenarios like the 1941s and Germany 1945, etc.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

That might be becasue of the animation issue/sound. That's the reason why you should try without the sound and check if that's the root of your issues.
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

When an unit (at least an infantry) fires back to an attacking plane, it seems it does not spend ammo.
I don't think it's WAD, for it spends a cloud of bullets (or flak with shrapnel) to have a chance to hit a plane.
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

ERISS wrote:it spends a cloud of bullets (or flak with shrapnel) to have a chance to hit a plane.
Yes, but usually these are not the same ammos, I forgot that :) So to make simple ammos is only the main ones, secondary are not counted
So, this 'bug' is WAD, I think in the end
Terrement
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Terrement »

I don't know what version I have, or what to do at this point. Enjoyed it on my ipad for some time, then one day it just stopped loading. Any ideas on best way to proceed to fix this as well as update to the latest? Didn't want to charge ahead only to find the path I took just made things words.

Cheers,

JJ
jizzlobber
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by jizzlobber »

In steam with windows 7 the game crashes no matter what during the enemy turn animations if you have the task manager running in the background.
Not work for me in the same conditions.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

VPaulus wrote:Regarding the animations crash, try renaming the "Audio" folder as "_Audio" and uninstall any mod you might have.
You'll play without sound but it will help to determine the cause of the issue.
AfrikaKorpsSoldat

VPaulus wrote:That might be becasue of the animation issue/sound. That's the reason why you should try without the sound and check if that's the root of your issues.
Still having the same issues with the sound turned off. The game also crashes when your computer turns off display/locks itself or if you alt tab during the enemy turn animations.
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Clearly there's something interfering with the game.
Unfortunately, there isn't much we can suggest.
Try running msconfig and disabling all non-windows start-up programs and services.
Then once you have disabled all non-Microsoft services, please run the game and see if the issue persists.
If it does not, please then reopen msconfig and reenable those services, one by one, until you find the program causing the problem.
A tutorial on how to do this can be found below:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/articl ... plications

Return to “Panzer Corps : Tech Support”