Africa Corps Double Rommel

Battle Reports & After Action Reports (AAR's)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Africa Corps Double Rommel

Post by PeteMitchell »

I am sorry but I am behind on watching, so unfortunately I can't provide any feedback yet...
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Thoughts on what to buy?: Africa Corps Double Rommel

Post by goose_2 »

I did a lot of researching my old thread found here:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 45&t=75618

OK, so as of this morning I started the winning Path, and I have 3 units in my reserves that I chose to leave behind, but as of my reflecting on my close to 1300 in prestige I am thinking maybe about building up some additional forces to help finish this path successfully.

Here are my thoughts on additional Italian units to purchase:

M41M da 90/53: This AT is a beast with 20 HA and with each additional star would be going up in an additional +2 Attack. Problem's only moves 4, defense is an anemic 6 and in the air 4. 316 is cost effective hard hitter, that I would need to start building now to make effective later. I tried using him on the losing side and lost him in the brutal Mareth Line battle.

Thoughts?

1 more Italian 88? Not sure this is necessary as I have a +4 attack Italian 88 that is doing very, very well. As well as an uber cheap mobile AA that I use almost anywhere on the map with it's 8 movement. I know that hurly recommended having a 2nd, but not sure.

Thoughts?

1 more Fighter: This is one I am doing a lot of considering. Here are my thoughts. The Centauro does not come out until 3/19/1943, that is a long way away. So what if I purchased a CR.42 Falco for an uber cheap 156 in prestige and use him for mine clearing and unit hits when the enemy air force is completely gone. Once I build up 2 stars than it will be ready to upgrade to a Centauro and because I saved all of that prestige by building him up when he is a lowly CR.42 Falco.

Thoughts?

Iknow I must be crazy with some of these ideas, but when you are working with such limited amounts of prestige you wrestle with these kinds of thoughts, and I would love if the community could provide me with their thoughts on some of this insanity. ;)
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
goose_2

Thoughts on what to buy?: Africa Corps Double Rommel

Post by goose_2 »

Afrika Korps Double Rommel is quickly coming to a close, but I have some questions before I can start/finish the last 3 battles.

I am hoping to get some thoughts from the community on this one

Here is the latest post:

Here are my questions.

I have 5 more units to fill before the final battle in India.

Problem, I said that I would limit my purchases to only 2 units of every type. And I only can purchase Italian units. But I feel India needs 3 Strategic Bombers. So I am thinking of making a final exception for India and allowing for a 3rd Piagio. Thoughts?

My other purchases is another M40 da 75/18, and maybe another 1 or 2 75mm arty's as the most recent is being upgraded to a 14 strength 149mm arty after earning 4 stars rather easily.

I am wondering if I should purchase another Italian Fighter? A couple cheaper less effective Italian 88's? (I have 2 awesome Italian 88's already with 2 stars experience each. I really want a couple mobile AA's but Italian units do not have that option.)

Are there other gaps you see in my core force that I am not considering?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ

Return to “Panzer Corps : AAR's”