BATTLEFIELD EUROPE v1.94:MP - Strategy Guide [AXIS] [Turn 95] - Allies Victory!

Battle Reports & After Action Reports (AAR's)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

brumbarchris
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: BATTLEFIELD EUROPE v1.94:MP - Strategy Guide [AXIS] [Turn 95] - Allies Victory!

Post by brumbarchris »

Hi,
How can we get our hands on v1.94?

If we try to download it from here it is still v1.9 that we get.

viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985

Thanks and best regards,
Cristian
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Re: BATTLEFIELD EUROPE v1.94:MP - Strategy Guide [AXIS] [Turn 95] - Allies Victory!

Post by McGuba »

Hi, BE v1.94 was a limited (test) release only. This multiplayer test and the simultaneous single player test plays revealed a number of issues which would be fixed in the next public version, v2.0, which I can hopefully release very shortly. :)
ImageImage
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=36969
Spiffing Brit
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Spiffing Brit »

How shortly is shortly? I need to get my grubby hands on BE 2.0. Also, what version will be the first to use the 256 AI zones and what will they be used for? Thanks for this wonderful mod btw.
Mortal danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas. - Erwin Rommel

(Not the Youtuber)
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

Hopefully in a few days. The next version does not make use of the 256 AI zones yet. The 256 AI zone exe was released halfway into the development of the next version and I did not want to start experimenting with it as that would have postponed v2.0 even further. As for what purpose I would use the extra zones, I have lots of ideas, but for now I would take a break first as the last couple of months were quite intense.
ImageImage
Spiffing Brit
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Spiffing Brit »

Awesome!

(Not the Youtuber)
tactical22
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by tactical22 »

Dear McGuba, you deserve a Nobel Prize for PC modding!!!! :wink:
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

Strategy Map - AXIS (Animation)
[MOD] RUSSIA AT WAR:1941 - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=75743
Uhu
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by Uhu »

I just read through now your (both) fantastic AAR's!
Well... What I see: you did the impossible! Took Rostov, Moscow before the winter, captured 2 oil fields at turn 34! :shock: Plus the early defeat of the Soviet Union. That would be even great in single player!
I think - with normal prestige - at least a minor victory should have happened.
OK, you made a few mistakes: troubles in the very north, strategy without conception at the Tobruk region and with the Italian navy, not holding Tunis and the mislead mission to Middle East. But that's all, and none of them very critical, except Tunis.
The timeline was very good, about planning the defense of France.
I just ask myself: if you could not make a minor victory with such brilliant achivements, do the Axis player have any chance to make at least a Draw?
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

In the multi version the 12 turn, or the 24 turn is valid for the restauration of the oil wells?

I would say, after the peace with the SU, there should be no change of that, regardless of the partisans. All Soviet units should disappear from the map.
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

Thanks for your words!
Yeah, one of the goals of AAR was to show not only achievements, but also possible mistakes.

The Barbarossa plan was given many hours of work at the headquarters and exercises) And apparently this negatively affected the plan of operations in the Mediterranean region. He was not given enough time. :D
Uhu wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:57 am I think - with normal prestige - at least a minor victory should have happened.
Uhu wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:57 am I just ask myself: if you could not make a minor victory with such brilliant achivements, do the Axis player have any chance to make at least a Draw?
Of course I was counting on a Minor victory for the Axis.
But up to a point.
If there was full prestige, I think it would be achievable.

At the same time, internally, I believe that having full prestige, the Axis will be too dominant. Therefore, I am so interested in the progress of your multiplayer game with Keen and its results)
Uhu wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:07 am In the multi version the 12 turn, or the 24 turn is valid for the restauration of the oil wells?
We discussed this with McGuba, there were figures for half a year and a year, but I don’t remember the exact numbers. Maybe now six months.
In any case, the message on the capture of oil fields will indicate the time delay in the game.
[MOD] RUSSIA AT WAR:1941 - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=75743
Uhu

Post by Uhu »

I would say, for multi it would be 12 turns right enough. For single player, the 24 turn is more realistic. But I played it also with high fuel losses (-4/turn) after dec. 1941, to simulate more the oil crisis.

We are at turn 27 with Keen. Sadly, he has now not much time and I'm not patient, so I just starving for playing it faster. Although, this time is good to make the whole timetable (upgrades, etc.) for the Axis, making new strategies, reading and learning from your AAR's... :)
This is the 2nd play, first I quit before the invasion of Sicily. I made there big mistakes and I was already retreating in the Eastern front, it was already total frustrating.
Therefore I would also suggest, that it is important to let the Axis dominant in 41, 42. To have fun times, because after that it will be more complex... :shock: :D Also, if there is no chance to have victories in 41, 42 for the Axis, than absolute no chance will be for even a Draw.

Still I learned lot of from your fights! The "air-rings" of encirclements I do not like, because it is unrealistc. I try also play with the Brandenburgers, Fallschirmjägers to calculate the realistic 25-26 hex radius to drop (51 fuel of Ju 87D - I think, that would have also the Ju-transport - or more?). I do not use also the possibility to enter with my ships in hostile ports, I think, that is also unrealistic - or not?

Well, Keen slaughtered a lot of my tanks (and anything else) at Moscow already in 1941, because he massed all/most of his artillery there and made my units to surrender. :evil: Even my two hero-PzIV's are gone. :cry: It's like McGuba's Axis battle at Moscow, just with even harder level. OK, I massed then also most of my artillery there and surrendered also lot of his units. But as we know, the Axis cannot win the atrition war... So, I do not know, if I have still a chance to replenish these losses. I do well in the Mediterrean right now, but Torch is slowly coming...
But I made in the meantime even smarter battle plans for a new war...which I would try out! :)

Intenso82 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:36 pm Thanks for your words!
Yeah, one of the goals of AAR was to show not only achievements, but also possible mistakes.

The Barbarossa plan was given many hours of work at the headquarters and exercises) And apparently this negatively affected the plan of operations in the Mediterranean region. He was not given enough time. :D
Uhu wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:57 am I think - with normal prestige - at least a minor victory should have happened.
Uhu wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:57 am I just ask myself: if you could not make a minor victory with such brilliant achivements, do the Axis player have any chance to make at least a Draw?
Of course I was counting on a Minor victory for the Axis.
But up to a point.
If there was full prestige, I think it would be achievable.

At the same time, internally, I believe that having full prestige, the Axis will be too dominant. Therefore, I am so interested in the progress of your multiplayer game with Keen and its results)
Uhu wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:07 am In the multi version the 12 turn, or the 24 turn is valid for the restauration of the oil wells?
We discussed this with McGuba, there were figures for half a year and a year, but I don’t remember the exact numbers. Maybe now six months.
In any case, the message on the capture of oil fields will indicate the time delay in the game.
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

Uhu wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:36 am I would say, for multi it would be 12 turns right enough. For single player, the 24 turn is more realistic.
Currently it is 12 turns in multiplayer. However, due to the base game bug with the scripts if playing with "show opponents moves on", i.e. all scripts running twice, I inreased it to 24 for this test version (so that 24:2=12 turns), only to see the game switching to "show opponents moves off" after a couple of turns and therefore running the scripts once (as normal), leaving us with a 24 turn waiting time...

But it was like that only in this test version. In the current 2.0 version it is set to 12 turns and should be like that, given that it is played with "show opponents moves off".
Uhu wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:36 am Therefore I would also suggest, that it is important to let the Axis dominant in 41, 42. To have fun times, because after that it will be more complex... Also, if there is no chance to have victories in 41, 42 for the Axis, than absolute no chance will be for even a Draw.
Yes, I agree, but it is quite hard to find the ideal balance. Also, there can be a big difference between the players. Ideally, it should be played from both sides so that it can be compared, like we did with Intenso. If both players find one side easier than the other, than it can be compensated to find a better balance.
ImageImage
Spiffing Brit
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Spiffing Brit »

Is another game in the works?

(Not the Youtuber)
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Anyone wants to start a new match? :mrgreen:
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:43 pm Anyone wants to start a new match? :mrgreen:
Maybe if you set it up and let me know the password, I can try to showcase it on my channel?
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

goose_2 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:57 pm
PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:43 pm Anyone wants to start a new match? :mrgreen:
Maybe if you set it up and let me know the password, I can try to showcase it on my channel?
Thanks goose_2... as you know, I would love to do this! :mrgreen:

However, I believe you (still) need a full BE installation on your PC as McGuba's mod is so comprehensive (in changes). I am checking with him here: viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985&p=825393#p825393

Let's maybe see what he says...
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

@goose_2: please compare here: viewtopic.php?p=825501#p825501

As expected, we both would need full installations of McGuba's mod. Please let me know if possible/when you are available for this, thanks!

Return to “Panzer Corps : AAR's”