Tournament game Rush to Moscow: Gwaylare(Axis) vs Lifever(Allies)

Battle Reports & After Action Reports (AAR's)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Tournament game Rush to Moscow: Gwaylare(Axis) vs Lifever(Allies)

Post by PeteMitchell »

Gwaylare wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:58 pm We both did not play a typical spam of conscripts. So you not call it heavy equipment, it is more or less quite cheap support equipment.
So Lifever bought 3 SU-5-2 and 2 SU-6 and I bought 3 SU-5-2 and a 85mm AA with half tracks.
The SU-5-2 does cost 190 prestige and the SU-6 183 prestige. The 85mm with half tracks has a price of 313 prestige and was not a good investment. So I think about half of the initial prestige was spent for support equipment.
Yeah, that's what I meant, "heavy" relative to conscripts... Wouldn't more conscripts work better from a Soviet side?
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
Gwaylare
Panzer Corps Tournament 3rd Place
Panzer Corps Tournament 3rd Place

Post by Gwaylare »

I do not think so. This did work pretty well for Lifever. Those flame tanks are dealing pretty well with conscripts but those SUs are really problem. The combination of cheap infantry and mobile artillery and AA is pretty heavy heavy to attack with early german tanks. You will not hold the line, but you will buy a lot of time.

Spamming conscripts is really good if the opponent is not prepared for that, but we both were aware of that. Lifever mentioned having had a test game with A432 and he played a lot of conscripts. So those did not stop him to take moscow as well and I think he was quite as fast as against me.
Lifever
Panzer Corps World Champion
Panzer Corps World Champion

Post by Lifever »

Gwaylare wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:16 pm Lifever mentioned having had a test game with A432 and he played a lot of conscripts. So those did not stop him to take moscow as well and I think he was quite as fast as against me.
You know me for my modesty, but against the master of spamming conscripts I was even faster.

Crashed the conscript burial in 10 turns before they could even get to the shovels (by blocking the supporting tank princer just out of the battlefield, rendering a lot of the defending army useless). So no, it does not work better than your defense.

This AAR could be more effort than doing a video tbh. Great work, reminds me of some tabletop battlereports and also quite educational.

Thanks Gwaylare for showcasing what I am too lazy to do atm. :)
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

I hope all is well, do you guys happen to have a replay maybe, please? Thanks a lot!
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481

Return to “Panzer Corps : AAR's”