Double Rommel/Double Field Marshall/ Progressively Manstein

Battle Reports & After Action Reports (AAR's)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Re: Double Rommel/Double Field Marshall/ Progressively Manst

Post by goose_2 »

shawkhan2 wrote:I would say the forces are about the same in point value except I do have better armor right now. I have been lucky getting SE units which are promptly sold off when not armor. I have tried desperately to keep my casualties low as the prestige accumulations are so pitiful. Seldom take more than one or two damage on my units. I admit I also had to take a marginal victory(my only one ) at Modlin. I have an attack hero on one SE tank and a movement hero on one Gebirgs. That is it so far.
Do you think it possible to go beyond 1942 playing with these handicaps? I see no way I can afford to upgrade to the better PzIVs and FW190 to name just two otherwise very necessary unit types. Guess we will see. :D

Hey Buddy,

I had absolutely no time to play at all this weekend, almost all of my free time this weekend, which was not much, was dealing with the Tournament. :mrgreen:

That does not mean that I did not spend anytime thinking about this scenario....

Did you try it shawkhan2? If so would you mine giving me a breakdown of the forces you ended up bringing, and any detail around success or lack there of :cry:

Thanks
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
shawkhan2
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by shawkhan2 »

Eben-Emael was actually quite easy. I followed my intended strategy and sent one Fsj to the northern airfield while one stayed around the central fortresses to help with their elimination. My pet '88 was great at hitting unsupplied forts and came in handy when the enemy air force showed up. Over 150 Experience on it now. My strategy was to use my air to the North where it was closer to airbases and away from Flak while I used two artillery to move south. The Blitzkrieg concept of flying artillery. Low casualties as most places were hit before they could entrench more fully.

Forces used:

2 FSJ, 3 Gebirgs, 2 Krads
1 PzIIIF, 3 PzIVD (one my only SE armor)
3 art, 105s
1 '88
3 ftrs
1 110D
2 He111s
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

shawkhan2 wrote:Eben-Emael was actually quite easy. I followed my intended strategy and sent one Fsj to the northern airfield while one stayed around the central fortresses to help with their elimination. My pet '88 was great at hitting unsupplied forts and came in handy when the enemy air force showed up. Over 150 Experience on it now. My strategy was to use my air to the North where it was closer to airbases and away from Flak while I used two artillery to move south. The Blitzkrieg concept of flying artillery. Low casualties as most places were hit before they could entrench more fully.

Forces used:

2 FSJ, 3 Gebirgs, 2 Krads
1 PzIIIF, 3 PzIVD (one my only SE armor)
3 art, 105s
1 '88
3 ftrs
1 110D
2 He111s
Yeah, I think with my 2 extra strength points I am giving the enemy will prevent me from trying the Fallschimjaeger Northern assault, but it is a great idea on regular strength units. (Did you take it for the airfield next to Maastricht or the North Eastern most airfield?

I have decided to definitely place my 88 in the midst of Eben Emael...unsure of whether or not to use 3.7cm pak or Panzerjaeger as 2nd unit...I will probably place arty in their as 3rd unit to deploy once moved, but sure looks like it will be hard for me.

Hoping to get time to take a crack or two this week as I have Tuesday through Friday off. :mrgreen:
goose_2

goose_2

Re: Double Rommel/Double Field Marshall/ Progressively Manstein

Post by goose_2 »

Eben Emael Super Hard

Started with 506 prestige, Bought Fallschimjaeger and upgraded 2 Bf-110C to D’s and 1 Pz1B to Pz4D and then bought replacements 5.. :shock: This is so super tight.
Holding back 2 units to deploy at Eben Emael after movement of first units my SE Pz3F and 3.7cm Pak.

In the air 2 Green Fighters, 2 Bf-110D’s inc Helmut Lent, +3 Att Ju-87B, and 1 Henkel.

At Eben Emael: Fallschimjaeger; 88; and Panzerjaeger.
Around Voeren: Green Gebirsjaeger; SE Gebirsjaeger; Regular Inf in a truck; 8 Rad (2nd Recon); 2 10.5cm arty’s; 2 Sturmpanzer’s; Panzer 4D; and Albert Kerscher.

Battle Report:
Day 1: Sunny (Brought out 3.7cm Pak and SE Pz3F, do this and airplanes to help prevent more forts from being able to refuel)
Seized Mariadorp and Noorbeek.
Destroyed 2 Dutch Inf’s.
Day 1 ai CA:
Nothing

Day 2: Sunny
Seized Fortifications at (10,7) and (11,10).
Destroyed 3 Strongpoints.
Day 2 ai CA:
Ducth Inf hit aux recon guarded by Sturmpanzer -1 me -4 them.

Day 3: Sunny
Seized Eben Emael and Margraten as well as Fortification (8,11).
Destroyed CR-42, Eben Emael, Dutch Inf, Fort, and Belgian Inf.
This is when AWESOMENESS happened…awarded +1 Movement Hero on the 8.8cm Flak…If you have not played with these you are missing out on an absolutely devastating unit in the game:D
Day 3 ai CA:
Dutch Inf stopped by arty and defense of aux recon; Dutch inf and 2 Bombers failed attacks on my aux Pioniere -4 them; Belgian inf hit aux recon -3 me -2 them.

Day 4: Cloudy
Seized Valkenburg and Bassenge.
Destroyed Blenheim, Belgian Inf, and 2 Dutch Inf’s.
Day 4 ai CA:
Belgian Inf nicked aux Pioniere and Bomber ran into Fighter -4 them.

Day 5: Cloudy
Seized Riemst.
Destroyed Blenheim and Belgian Inf.
Day 5 ai CA:
2 Inf’s hit Panzerjaeger -4 each; Inf hit 2nd Recon guarded by Sturmpanzer -1 each; Inf tried hitting Gebirsjaeger -5 me and 3rd Gebirsjaeger awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.

Day 6: Sunny
Destroyed Belgian Inf.
Day 6 ai CA:
Dutch Inf hit 88 -3 me -0 them and Dutch inf self-emulated on our Panzerjaeger -1 me them dead :D .

Day 7: Sunny
Pressuring Juprelle and Bilzen.
Destroyed 2 Belgian Inf’s and Dutch inf.
Day 7 ai CA:
2nd Recon attacked by Belgian Inf guarded by arty -2 them.

Day 8: Sunny
Seized Juprelle.
Destroyed Belgian Inf, 47mm FRC, and 75mm arty.
8th Pz4D awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 8 ai CA:
Infantry nicked.

Day 9 Cloudy
Seized Bilzen.
Destroyed Dutch Inf.
Day 9 ai CA:
Dutch infantry nicked 88 guarded by Sturmpanzer -2 them -1 me.

Day 10 Sunny
Pressuring Liege.
Destroyed Belgian Inf.
Day 10 ai CA:
Arty nicked 3.7cm Pak.

Day 11: Sunny
Seized Hoeselt.
Destroyed 105mm arty, Belgian Inf, and 7 Veld Artillery.
Day 11 - 13 ai CA:
nothing

Day 12: Sunny
Seized airfield near Liege.
Destroyed 75mm AA and Dutch Inf.

Day 13: Sunny
Seized Liege.
Destroyed Belgian Inf and Dutch Inf.

Day 14: Sunny
Seized Tongeren.
Destroyed Belgian Inf.
Day 14 ai CA: Strongpoint hit aux Recon -3 each.

Day 15: Sunny
Seized Maastricht.
Destroyed Dutch Inf and Strongpoint.

Decisive Victory with 298 ending Prestige
Next Albert Canal with 548.

Thanks and as always…Stay Lutheran my Friends :mrgreen:
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Albert Canal Super Hard

Started with 548 prestige, Bought 88 with truck and truck for Fallschimjaeger then bought replacements 74 left .
(I tried 1 army composition for 1 day than listened to the 7 hour discussion by Braccada and Lt. Joker and changed my composition based on their discussion)
In the air 2 Green Fighters, 2 Bf-110D’s inc Helmut Lent.

North of Albert Canal: Fallschimjaeger; 88; 2 10.5cm arty’s; Sturmpanzer; 1st Recon; 2 Gebirsjaeger’s; and Oleh Dir.
South of Albert Canal: 2 Gebirsjaeger’s; 2 10.5cm arty’s; Sturmpanzer; +1 Movement 88; SE Pz3F; Panzer 4D; and Panzer 1B.

Battle Report:
Day 1: Sunny
Seized Zonhoven and nearby airfield and Hasselt.
Destroyed 2 Belgian Inf’s and 75mm FRC AA.
Day 1 ai CA:
Arty hit aux AA -2 me and both my Bomber and Fighter Trap’s worked. :D

Seized airfield near Houthalen.
Destroyed 2 CR.42’s, 7 Veld, Belgian Inf, and 47mm FRC.
Day 2 ai CA:
Bomber just ripped apart by AA and Fighter double tap leaving just 1 str left.
Dutch inf nicked aux AA guarded by arty -4 them and ambushed Dutch inf into my green Gebirsjaeger guarded by arty -1 me -8 them.

Seized Albert Canal Bridge (19,12).
Destroyed Dutch Inf, Potez, and Belgian Inf.
Force Surrendered Dutch Inf.
Day 3 ai CA:
Panhard retook Albert Canal Bridge and attacked 1st Recon moved off it for a trap -6 them and Dutch Inf hit Green Gebirsjaeger guarded by arty -5 them -1 me.

Day 4: Sunny
Seized Houthalen and Hechtel as well as reseized Albert Canal Bridge (19,12) and exited to set up another trap. :D
Destroyed Panhard, Cavalry, and 2 Dutch Inf’s.
Day 4 ai CA:
Cavalry retook Albert Canal Bridge (19,12) and attacked 15th Gebirsjaeger -8 them.

Day 5: Sunny
Destroyed Cavalry and Hotchkiss H35.
Force Surrendered Belgian Inf.
Day 5 ai CA:
nothing

Seized Albert Canal Bridge (19,12) and (18,09) as well as Sint – Truiden.
Destroyed Belgian Inf, 75mm FRC, and Cavalry.
Day 6 ai CA:
nothing

Seized Diest.
Destroyed Belgian inf.
Day 7 ai CA:
Bomber and fighter Trap worked. :P

Destroyed MS.406, Potez, Blenheim, and Cruiser Mk1.
Day 8 ai CA:
Matilda 1 tried to hit Green Gebirsjaeger in the forest guarded by arty -6 them -0 me.

Day 9 Cloudy
Destroyed Light Cavalry, Matilda 1, and Belgian Inf.
Day 9 ai CA:
British Inf hit 88 in forest guarded by arty -3 each and British Inf ambushed by 1st Recon guarded by arty -1 me – 4 them.

Day 10 Sunny
Destroyed British Inf, Hotchkiss H39, French Inf, and 47mm AT.
29th 10.5cm arty awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 10 ai CA:
Recon nicked my 11 str 10.5cm arty -2 them; British Inf hit aux AA guarded by arty -6 them -3 me; and British Inf stopped trying to hit my 88 in the clear guarded by arty.

Seized Mol, Aarschot, Westerlo, and Albert Canal Bridge (15,07).
Destroyed Dingo, Belgian Inf, and 2 British Inf’s.
Force Surrendered French Inf.
Helmut Lent awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 11 ai CA:
nothing

Day 12: Cloudy
Pressuring Heist-op-den-berg, Leuven, and Lommel.
Day 12 ai CA:
2 Strat Bombers came out.

Seized Heist-op-den-berg and airfield next to Leuven.
Destroyed Whitley MkV, Belgian Inf and 75mm arty.
Day 13 ai CA:
Cruiser Mk1 and 47mm FRC AT hit Panzer 4D leaving me with just 1 Str…:shock: :evil: :cry:
(This was a big mistake and something I could have avoided by a little more patience.)
It will end up costing me about 125 prestige to replace.

Day 14: Cloudy
Seized Lommel, Herentals, Leuven, and now pressuring Brussels.
Destroyed 2 Belgian Inf’s, 47mm FRC AT, and Cruiser Mk1.
Day 14 ai CA:
British Inf tried hitting an 88 guarded by arty -5 them -0 me.

Seized airfield next to Brussels and Albert Canal Bridge (10, 06).
Destroyed British Inf and 25mm AA.
Day 15 ai CA:
Nothing

Day 16: Sunny
Seized 2 parts of Brussels and Mechelen.
Destroyed Belgian Inf.
Force Surrendered Cruiser Mk1.
Polish Arty awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 16 ai CA:
Enemy hit aux AA -7 me.

Day 17: Sunny
Seized the rest of Brussels and airfield next to Weerts and pressuring Malle and Zandhoven as well.
Destroyed Whitley Mk V, British Inf, and Belgian Inf.
Force Surrendered 7 Veld.
Day 17 ai CA:
Dutch Inf hit aux AA guarded by arty -1 each.

Day 18: Sunny
Seized Weert and Lier.
Destroyed Belgian Inf.
Day 18 -20 ai CA:
Nothing

Day 19: Sunny
Seized Malle, Zandhoven, and Schoten.
Destroyed 2 Belgian Inf’s.

Day 20: Sunny
Seized airfield near Antwerp.
Day 21: Sunny
Seized part of Antwerp.
Destroyed 47mm FRC.

Marginal Victory with 589 ending Prestige
Next time The Hague with 664.
I was awarded an SE Gebirsjaeger with truck that I will be selling as still awaiting another SE Tank…have to be extremely close with my 1st SE unit to getting a hero and will have to debate whether or not to sell if it is a super good hero.
Looking at the layouts in my other playthroughs I believe the right composition for my army may be the following:
2 Fighters; 2 Fighter Bombers; 1 Tac Bomber; 1 Henkel; 3 tanks; 6 arty’s; 1 Panzerjaeger; 1 Recon; Fallschimjaeger; Reg Inf; Oleh Dir; SE Geb; 2 other Gebirsjaeger’s.
(Let me know what you think because I am considering buying another Fallschimjaeger in a truck…last round is starting to make a Fallschimjaeger believer out of me, just need to keep them on the ground.) :shock:

goose_2

TSPC37730
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by TSPC37730 »

goose_2 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:41 pm
Started with 548 prestige, Bought 88 with truck and truck for Fallschimjaeger then bought replacements 74 left .
(I tried 1 army composition for 1 day than listened to the 7 hour discussion by Braccada and Lt. Joker and changed my composition based on their discussion)

North of Albert Canal: Fallschimjaeger; 88; 2 10.5cm arty’s; Sturmpanzer; 1st Recon; 2 Gebirsjaeger’s; and Oleh Dir.
South of Albert Canal: 2 Gebirsjaeger’s; 2 10.5cm arty’s; Sturmpanzer; +1 Movement 88; SE Pz3F; Panzer 4D; and Panzer 1B.

Panzer 1B? Did I read that correctly? Here's a thought on that. Instead of upgrading it, sell it. You can then buy a more useful tank and you'll only end up paying the difference in price between the Panzer 1B and the new tank. This is in contrast to paying the full price if you choose to upgrade the Panzer IB. On the downside, you'll lose the kills that you've accumulated on the Panzer 1B, but, my guess is that you can make those up with the newer tank.

The Hague is infantry heavy. Hopefully you'll be able to force some surrenders & get your prestige up some. I might suggest another strategic bomber for your deployment for more suppression at key locations to help. Good luck!
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

TSPC37730 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:02 am
goose_2 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:41 pm

Panzer 1B? Did I read that correctly? Here's a thought on that. Instead of upgrading it, sell it. You can then buy a more useful tank and you'll only end up paying the difference in price between the Panzer 1B and the new tank. This is in contrast to paying the full price if you choose to upgrade the Panzer IB. On the downside, you'll lose the kills that you've accumulated on the Panzer 1B, but, my guess is that you can make those up with the newer tank.

The Hague is infantry heavy. Hopefully you'll be able to force some surrenders & get your prestige up some. I might suggest another strategic bomber for your deployment for more suppression at key locations to help. Good luck!
I am keeping Pz1B intentionally as a Pz1B as I must be getting close to getting 1st hero on it...At this difficulty level I am very cost effective, so a Pz1B is very good tank to use as it is cheap and helps to finish off or force surrender units.

Once I get the 1st hero on it I will decide then on what, if anything to upgrade it. I plan on hero farming my tanks for the best 1st heroes and sell ones that get lousy heroes...probably...because experience is super important too, and I may have a 2 star +1 Def or +1 Att tank that I just cannot justify selling because it took so long to build...we shall see.

For now Pz1B stays, still trying to wrap my mind around what to take in The Hague, very frustrating going back through my AAR's and watching playthroughs as so many stinking tanks to worry about. :(
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

The Hague Super Hard

Started with 664 prestige after replacements 509 then sold SE Geb with truck 686 and then upgraded Oleh Dir to a Fallschimjaeger 546.
In the air 2 Fighters, 1 Bf-110D, +3 Att Tac Bomber, Henkel.

South of Gorenchem: 10.5cm arty; Fallschimjaeger; and Panzer 1B.
Around in Gorenchem: 3 10.5cm arty’s; 2nd Recon; 2 Sturmpanzer’s; 2 Gebirsjaeger’s; 2 88’s; SE Pz3F; Panzer 4D; Panzerjaeger IB; and Oleh Dir as Fallschimjaeger.

Battle Report:
Abandoned Valkenburg, Ockenburg, and Leiden, as only concentrating on holding Ypenburg.
Seized Schoonhoven.
Destroyed Strongpoint, 2 47mm AT’s, and Dutch Inf.
Day 1 ai CA:
Enemy seized all areas abandoned, and Matilda 1 hit +1 Movement Pz4D guarded by an arty -1 me -3 them; Bomber nicked aux Fallschimjaeger; and Hotchkiss tried hitting Pz1B guarded by 2 arty’s -5 them.

Abandoned Ypenburg.
Destroyed Hotchkiss H35, Potez, 2 Strongpoint’s, and Matilda 1.
Day 2 ai CA:
Dutch inf seized Ypenburg -1 me -3 them.

Day 3: Cloudy
Seized Utrecht, Dordrecht, and retook Ypenburg AFB.
Destroyed 3 Dutch Inf’s and 7 Veld.
33rd Gebirsjaeger awarded +1 Att Hero. :?
Day 3 ai CA:
Several attacks on aux Fallschimjaeger, a lot, 47mm FRC nicked SE Pz3F guarded by arty -5 them.

Day 4: Cloudy
Seized part of Rotterdam.
Destroyed 47mm FRC and 2 Dutch Inf’s.
Bought 1 reg rep for 3 dif aux Fallschimjaeger.
26th Fallschimjaeger awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 4 ai CA:
+1 Movement 88 nicked by Fighter and more auxiliary attacks.

Destroyed CR 42, Dutch Inf, and Hotchkiss H35.
Day 5 ai CA:
2 aux Fallschimjaeger’s destroyed by enemy attacks.

Seized Gouda, Part of Rotterdam, and Maarssen.
Destroyed 4 Dutch Inf’s, Renault R35, and 37mm AA.
Bought 1 reg replacements for 2 more aux Fallschimjaeger’s.
Day 6 ai CA:
2 attacks against aux Paratrooper’s -9 me; the r est of the attacks were all around auxiliary units around Ypenburg but nothing as bad as that -9 one.

Destroyed 2 Dutch inf’s.
Force Surrendered Hotchkiss H35.
Bought 3 regular reps for auxiliary arty.
Day 7 ai CA:
Surprised Potez Bomber -9 them and 3 attacks on my auxiliary Para guarded by arty -1 me – 6 them.

Day 8: Cloudy
Seized all of Rotterdam.
Destroyed Potez and 3 Dutch Inf’s.
Bought 1 reg rep for aux Para.
10th Bf-109E awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 8 ai CA:
Dutch inf nicked aux Para and Enemy seized Maarssen

Day 9 Sunny
Seized Maasluis
Destroyed Renault R35, CR. 42, and 3 Dutch Inf’s.
Day 9 ai CA:
Arty and Bomber hit 2nd Recon -3 me and aux inf hit by AT -2 me; and enemy seized Gouda.

Day 10 Cloudy
Destroyed 7 Veld and Potez.
Day 10 ai CA:
AA nicked Henkel; arty and AT hit Core Fallschimjaeger -2 me; the rest were defended excellently by my auxiliary units.

Retook Gouda
Destroyed 47mm FRC, 2 7 Veld’s, and Dutch Inf.
Day 11 ai CA:
Arty attack stopped by other arty’s and aux Para left with 1 str left.

Day 12: Sunny
Seized Ockenburg AFB, Zoetermeer, and part of The Hague.
Destroyed Renault R35.
Force Surrendered 3 Dutch Inf’s.
Day 12 ai CA:
nothing

Day 13: Cloudy
Seized another part of The Hague.
Destroyed 7 Veld, Matilda 1, Dutch Inf, and 47mm FRC.
Force Surrendered 7 Veld.
Day 13 ai CA:
1 auxiliary attack.

Seized Woerden and another part of The Hague.
Destroyed Dutch Inf, 37mm AA, and Destroyer.
Force Surrendered 47mm FRC AT.
Day 14 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed aux Para.

Seized Leiden and Valkenburg AFB.
Day 15 ai CA:
Enemy seized back Massluis.

Day 16: Cloudy
Seized The rest of The Hague and Katwijk aan Zee.
Destroyed Dutch Inf and 2 Destroyers.
Bought 9 reg reps for aux Para’s.
Day 16 ai CA:
Enemy seized Ockenburg AFB -6 them.

Seized Aalsmeer.
Destroyed Dutch Inf.
Day 17 ai CA:
2 Attacks hit Pz1B -2 me and Dutch Inf hit Polish arty -2 me.

Day 18: Sunny
Seized Hoofddorp and Ockenburg AFB.
Destroyed Dutch Inf.

Decisive Victory with 886 ending Prestige
Next time Sedan with 1036.
NO SE unit. :(
Looking at the layouts in my other playthroughs I believe the right composition for my army may be the following:
Marching on!

goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Sedan Super Hard

Started with 1036 prestige after replacements 945 upgraded Albert Kerscher to Panzer 4D 667.
In the air 2 Fighters, 2 Bf-110D’s including Helmut Lent, and Henkel.
Near Herbeumont: Panzer 1B; +1 Movement Panzer 4D; 2 Sturmpanzer’s; Oleh Dir as Fallschimjaeger as well as other Fallschimjaeger; +1 Movement SE Gebirsjaeger; Polish arty; 8.8; and Panzerjaeger IB.
Near Bouillon: Albert Kerscher in Panzer 4D; Regular Inf in a truck; 1st Recon; SE Pz3F; 12th Gebirsjaeger; and 10.5cm arty.

Battle Report:
Seized 2 Ferry Docs.
25th Sturmpanzer awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 1 ai CA:
AA attacked Henkel for nothing.

Seized Messincourt.
Destroyed Cavalry, French Inf, and 25mm SA 34
31st Sturmpanzer awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 2 ai CA:
nothing

Seized Ferry Doc and airfield near Messincourt.
Destroyed 75mm arty, Strongpoint, 25mm SA 34, and 25mm AA.
Day 3 ai CA:
AA nicked Fighter and Bomber hit arty -2 meand arty nicked Panzerjaeger IB.

Day 4: Sunny
Seized Pussemange and Gaulier.
Destroyed M.S. 406, 25mm SA 34, Strongpoint, and 25mm AA.
Day 4 ai CA:
Pz1B hit by arty -2 me and 88 hit by arty -3 me.

Seized Sedan.
Destroyed Potez and Panhard.
Force Surrender 155mm arty and 25mm SA 34.
Day 5 ai CA:
2 arty’s hit Fallschimjaeger -2 me; Cavalry and French Inf hit Pz1B -2 me -5 them; and enemy retook airfield near Messincourt.

Seized Alle and retook airfield near Messincourt.
Destroyed 2 Calvary’s, French Inf, and 105mm arty.
Force Surrender French Inf.
Day 6 ai CA:
Arty nicked Polish arty and we stopped Hotchkiss which was ambushed while trying to cross a river. 8)

Seized Last part of Sedan, and another Ferry Doc.
Destroyed Potez, Hotchkiss H35, and 75mm arty.
Day 7 ai CA:
AA nicked +3 Att Tac Bomber

Seized Vivier-au-Court.
Destroyed Engineer’s, Hotchkiss H35, and 2 French Inf’s.
Day 8 ai CA:
1 attack stopped by arty.

Day 9 Sunny
Seized Carnigan and last 2 Ferry Docs.
Destroyed 75mm arty and French Inf.
Force Surrendered Engineer’s and Somua S35.
Day 9 ai CA:
nothing

Day 10 Sunny
Seized Margut.
Destroyed French Inf and Hotchkiss H39.
Force Surrendered Chasseurs.
Day 10 ai CA:
nothing

Day 11: Cloudy
Seized Wadelincourt.
Destroyed Cavalry and Chasseurs.
39th Bf-110D awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
12th Gebirsjaeger awarded with a +3 Att hero. 8) 8) 8) ;)
Day 11 ai CA:
Fighter attacked Bf-110D -1 me -3 them.

Day 12: Cloudy
Seized Last Ferry Dock.
Destroyed M.S. 406, LeO 451, and 25mm SA 34.
Force Surrendered Char B.
Awarded Somua S35.
30th Panzerjaeger IB awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 12 ai CA:
Recon attack stopped by arty and Cavalry hit +1 Movement Pz4D -2 me.

Seized Donchery.
Destroyed Panhard, Cavalry, and 75mm arty.
Day 13 ai CA:
AT tried attacking but stopped by arty.

Seized Bulson and Flize as well as airfield near Chehesy and Raucourt-et-Flaba.
Destroyed 25mm SA 34 and 25mm AA.
Day 14 ai CA:
nothing

Seized Raucourt-et-Flaba.
Destroyed Chasseurs, 75mm arty, 25mm AA, and 25mm SA 34.
Force Surrendered 25mm SA 34.
Day 15 ai CA:
AT tried attacking but stopped by arty.

Day 16: Cloudy
Seized Chehery.
Destroyed 47mm SA 37.
Day 16 ai CA:
nothing

Destroyed 25mm SA 34.
Day 17 ai CA:
nothing

Day 18: Cloudy
Seized Airfield and Poix-Terron.
Destroyed 37mm AA.

Decisive Victory with 1154 ending Prestige
Next time Stonne on my French playthrough with 1654 where I was awarded an SE Inf with a truck, whereas my Britain playthrough with 1654 and an SE Gebirsjaeger with half track.
Both were brutal and required some reevaluation as I did not prepare properly for either playthrough and am now stepping back to do some much needed preparation before Arras and Wassigny.
This weekend I will be setting up Round 8 for the Tournament and preparing and starting my Nordwind scenario in 45 West…decided at trying the historical path first on my Guderian playthrough.

goose_2

hurly

Post by hurly »

several replays

sorry for the spamming but I have yet to figure out how I can give you more than 1 replay per post in the new forum
so while the drag n'drop feature is somehow very convenient, it seems to be a bit tricky

so at least I make it short and easy
Attachments
(10.06.2018) Spoils of War, Turn 21 SH DV 1st.pzrpl.zip
(64.23 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
Last edited by hurly on Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hurly

Post by hurly »

(16.06.2018) Oslo, Turn 14 SH DV 1st.pzrpl.zip
(60.87 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
hurly

Post by hurly »

hurly

Post by hurly »

hurly

Post by hurly »

(06.07.2018) Eben-Emael, Turn 15 DV 1st .pzrpl.zip
(64.55 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
hurly

Post by hurly »

(13.07.2018) Albert Canal, Turn 21 MV .pzrpl.zip
(68.49 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
hurly

Post by hurly »

(27.07.2018) The Hague, Turn 18 DV 1st.pzrpl.zip
(70.53 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
hurly

Post by hurly »

(28.07.2018) Sedan, Turn 18 DV 1st.pzrpl.zip
(68.98 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
hurly

Post by hurly »

(30.07.2018) Stonne, Turn 22 DV 1st.pzrpl.zip
(68.28 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
hurly

Post by hurly »

(31.07.2018) Maubeuge, Turn 18 DV 2nd .pzrpl.zip
(67.59 KiB) Downloaded 114 times
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Thanks Hurly, you are a true friend, and one I miss chatting with. :(

Here is my Stonne AAR:

Stonne Starting with 1654 Prestige:

After replacements 1568 then sold SE inf w truck 1745 and earning 6 prestige per round.
In the air brought: 3 Fighters including Heinrich Bar, +3 Att Tac Bomber, Henkel, and Bf-110D.
On the ground brought: SE Pz3F; +1 Movement SE Gebirsjaeger; 4 10.5cm arty’s; 2 Sturmpanzer’s; 2 Recons; 2 8.8cm Flak’s; 2 Regular Inf’s; 2 Gebirsjaeger’s; Somua S35; Panzerjaeger; and Pz1B.

Battle Report:
Day 1 ai CA:
Fighter Trap. 8)
Destroyed 2 M.S. 406’s.
Force Surrendered: Hotchkiss H35.

Day 2: ai CA
Arty hit Panzerjaeger IB -4 me.
Day 2 Sunny:
Destroyed 47mm SA 37, M.S. 406, Potez 63.11, Cavalry.
4th Reg Inf awarded +3 Att hero.

Day 3: ai CA
Arty hit Polish arty -2 me.
Day 3 Sunny:
Seized Raucourt-et-Flaba and nearby aifield as well as Mouzon.
Destroyed Panhard, French Inf, Cavalry, 75mm arty, 155mm arty, and 25mm CA 39 AA.
Bought 4 regular reps for Panzerjaeger IB.

Day 4: ai CA
Somua hit +1 Movement SE Geb -2 me -5 them.
Day 4 Sunny:
Destroyed Chasseurs.
Force Surrendered Somua S35 and Chasseurs.

Day 5: ai CA
Chasseurs hit +3 Att Reg Inf -8 them -3 me.
Day 5 Sunny:
Destroyed Chasseurs, Somua, and French Inf.
Force Surrendered: Hotchkiss H35.

Day 6: ai CA
25mm SA 34 hit SE Gebirsjaeger -3 me -4 them.
Day 6 Sunny:
Seized Chemery and Beaumont-en-Argonne.
Destroyed 2 25mm SA 34’s and French Inf.

Day 7: ai CA
nothing
Day 7 Sunny:
nothing

Day 8: ai CA
nothing
Day 8 Cloudy:
Destroyed 2 Hotchkiss’s H35’s.

Day 9: ai CA
All attacks stopped by arty and AA nicked Tac Bomber.
Day 9 Sunny:
Seized Stonne.
Destroyed Char B1 and 3 French Inf’s.

Day 10: ai CA
Enemy destroyed aux Panzerjaeger with all other attacks defended.
Day 10 Sunny:
Destroyed M.S. 406, D.5 02, Light Cavalry, and Panhard.

Day 11: ai CA
Strat Bomber hit my Sturmpanzer -2 me; arty hit 32nd Gebirsjaeger -3 me; and Cavalry nicked SE Inf -2 them.
Day 11 Sunny:
Destroyed 2 Cavalry’s, French Inf, Potez 63.11, LeO 451, and Hotchkiss H39.

Day 12: ai CA
Enemy destroyed aux 3.7cm Pak and Somua hit 15th Gebirsjaeger -1 them -4 me.
Day 12 Sunny:
Destroyed 2 French Inf’s.
Force Surrendered 25mm AA.

Day 13: ai CA
Nothing.
Day 13 Sunny:
Destroyed Cavalry, 2 French Inf’s, 155mm arty, and Hotchkiss H39.

Day 14: ai CA
Several attacks on my Panzerjaeger -5 me.
Day 14 Sunny:
Nothing

Day 15: ai CA
nothing
Day 15 Sunny:
Seized Vaux-en-Dieulet.
Destroyed Somua S35, 105mm arty, and 3 French Inf’s.

Day 16: ai CA
nothing
Day 16 Sunny:
Destroyed Hotchkiss H39, Engineer’s, and Panhard.

Day 17: ai CA
nothing
Day 17 Sunny:
Seized Buzoncy.
Destroyed French Inf, Chasseurs, and 75mm arty.

Day 18: ai CA
2 attacks on SE Pz3F supported by arty -5 them for which I was awarded an Iron Cross 2nd Class.
2 attacks by Char B and Hotchkiss H39 on 1st Recon -6 me.
Day 18 Sunny:
Seized Belleville.
Destroyed 25mm SA 34 and 2 Hotchkiss’s.
2nd Recon awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.

Day 19: ai CA
Char B1 hit SE Pz3F guarded by Sturmpanzer -1 me -2 them and Char B1 hit Regular Inf guarded by Sturmpanzer -2 me -1 them.
Day 19 Sunny:
Destroyed 25mm AA.

Day 20: ai CA
Enemy destroyed aux 88.
Day 20 Sunny:
Destroyed Cavalry and Char B1.
22nd 8.8cm Flak awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.

Day 21: ai CA
nothing
Day 21 Cloudy:
Destroyed Cavalry.

Day 22: ai CA
nothing
Day 22 Cloudy:
Seized Buzancy.
Destroyed Char B1.

Decisive Victory with 1986 ending Prestige
I was awarded an SE Grenadier, still no more tanks…:( and I am starting Wassigny with 2236 prestige.
23 units and 1 SE Pz3F and 1 +1 Movement SE Gebirsjaeger…thoughts on what else to bring?

I would like any thoughts you have to maximize destruction and minimize damage in the next mission.
Thanks and as always…
Stay Lutheran My Friends. ;)
goose_2

Return to “Panzer Corps : AAR's”