The Carnage at Prohkorovka

Battle Reports & After Action Reports (AAR's)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

The Carnage at Prohkorovka

Post by dalfrede »

Everyone talks about Prohkorovka being a bloody battle, but no one quantifies it, so I will.
Reading the causulity lists before and after.

Inf 36
Tank 49
Recon 8
AT 23
Art 25
AA 16
Fort 7
Fig 18
TB 10
Strat 2

total 194
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
TSPC37730
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Re: The Carnage at Prohkorovka

Post by TSPC37730 »

This is one of my all-time favorite scenarios. There's a number of ways to approach it, most - but not all - of the "fun" units are available and you have a generous amount of units to kill. But, the best part is the extra deployment slots you're allowed to use.

Just curious - do your totals include any "spawned" units or is that just the minimum that you will encounter?
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

I see those enemy totals and I see a whole lot of pain coming my way soon as I am getting closer to that scenario on my Manstein playthrough.

I started Ponyri this weekend and I am pretty confident I will get a Decisive Victory.

Tiger's rule the battlefield, for now. :oops:
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

dalfrede wrote:Everyone talks about Prohkorovka being a bloody battle, but no one quantifies it, so I will.
Reading the causulity lists before and after.

Fig 18
TB 10
Strat 2

total 30 air units

I have just started the first 3 days of this battle on Manstein and it is currently this area that causes the most headache. Ugh!
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

It is a Christmas Miracle!!! :D :D :D

Prohkorovka on Manstein DECISIVE VICTORY!!!!

I played this scenario over 3 weeks and had to reload 5 different days and try a different strategy on each of those days in order to garner the proper result for that day.

The enemies counter attacks were brutal and I had to get creative to set up proper counters to their many and painful assaults, but ultimately destroyed all but 12 units. Just incredible, as my Tiger's ruled the battlefield, along with my experienced fighters, which took a lot of chewing up, and my BA Bombers. ;)

It was Round 1, Round 5, Round 9, Round 15, Round 19, that I had to reload and play differently to correctly counter and account for the enemies insanely tough attacks.
So many planes, so many tanks, but ultimately vistory for me and the Werhmacht.

I will do my normal long write up and break downof each day thingy that I do, when I finally get there in my AAR, but I have sent the replay to Hurly, my good buddy, who I will hope be able to post here for a little Christmas Treat for those interested in watching the carnage.

Merry Christmas to all.
goose_2

huckc
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by huckc »

goose_2 wrote:It is a Christmas Miracle!!! :D :D :D

I played this scenario over 3 weeks and had to reload 5 different days and try a different strategy on each of those days in order to garner the proper result for that day.

The enemies counter attacks were brutal and I had to get creative to set up proper counters to their many and painful assaults, but ultimately destroyed all but 12 units. Just incredible, as my Tiger's ruled the battlefield, along with my experienced fighters, which took a lot of chewing up, and my BA Bombers. ;)

It was Round 1, Round 5, Round 9, Round 15, Round 19, that I had to reload and play differently to correctly counter and account for the enemies insanely tough attacks.

I will do my normal long write up and break downof each day thingy that I do, when I finally get there in my AAR, but I have sent the replay to Hurly, my good buddy, who I will hope be able to post here for a little Christmas Treat for those interested in watching the carnage.

Merry Christmas to all.
Damn, normally I don't download replays but that is a must watch for me.

Kursk on Manstein was probably the more realistic scenario :lol:
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

huckc wrote:
goose_2 wrote:It is a Christmas Miracle!!! :D :D :D

Merry Christmas to all.
D***, normally I don't download replays but that is a must watch for me.

Kursk on Manstein was probably the more realistic scenario :lol:
Hurly placed it on my Manstein AAR thread
goose_2

Return to “Panzer Corps : AAR's”