Panzer marsch! Grand Campaign 42-45

Battle Reports & After Action Reports (AAR's)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

HjalfnarFeuerwolf
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Panzer marsch! Grand Campaign 42-45

Post by HjalfnarFeuerwolf »

Hey guys! In 2014 I started a PC AAR in a german strategy games forum. As posting regular AAR updates become increasingly difficult over time (having two children and going to university at the same time is, well, time consuming) I started a YT channel specifically to keep the AAR sort-of running. After having played through 39, 40 and 41 I decided to launch an english YT channel after one of my viewers (some of you might know him as Military History Visualized on Youtube) suggested to me I should do so.

I am absolutely no expert so this game and on top of that some of my viewers took "command" of almost all of my units, allowing them to decide which equipment a unit should get...save for the Luftwaffe. It is actually quite funny, for example in my last battle the recon unit "Retterling" (the viewer is actual an ex-soldier of a Panzeraufklärungsbattaillon of the Bundeswehr) took a heavy beating and the viewer was quite angry with me. xD Sadly as I just started synchronising my videos, only the new vids will be available in English, the older ones and the AAR part are in German. I will provide a link for those of you who want to know what I did earlier.

By the way, difficulty is General. I increased it to this level because the GC'41 seemed to easy to me and I wanted the game to be a bit more of a challenge. Any advice and critique is highly appreciated as I am nowhere near to really understanding this game!

So, this was my first english Panzer Corps video. Have fun:

For the older german stuff, here you go: http://www.si-games.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27513
TSPC37730
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Re: Panzer marsch! Grand Campaign 42-45

Post by TSPC37730 »

Thanks for posting. I see you like using overstrength!
HjalfnarFeuerwolf

Yeah, quite a bit. More so since I read a bit about it here in the forum. xD
HjalfnarFeuerwolf

The Red Army is still on the offensive and tries to break through the german lines to liberate the city of Kharkov. The Kampfgruppe takes up positions to encircle and destroy the soviet forces.

This battle was quite special for me, as my own great-grandfather fought in it. I'll elaborate a bit on it in the vid.

TSPC37730

Post by TSPC37730 »

You received some nice heroes in that battle. You may want to try a SdKfz 10/4 or a SdKfz 7/1 in the future. Good luck!
HjalfnarFeuerwolf

I am actually tempted to use AA units, but for the time being my fighters seem to be enough.

Before the german offensive can be launched, Sewastopol has to fall. The first step to this is the swift capture of Simferopol.

TSPC37730

Post by TSPC37730 »

HjalfnarFeuerwolf wrote:I am actually tempted to use AA units, but for the time being my fighters seem to be enough.
You field an impressive air force. However, if prestige or the soft cap become an issue, the AA units are much more friendly in these regards. Good luck!
HjalfnarFeuerwolf

TSPC37730 wrote:You field an impressive air force. However, if prestige or the soft cap become an issue, the AA units are much more friendly in these regards. Good luck!
Yeah, I like the versatility of air support. Main reason why I don't use Stukas is because the Bf110s, later Me410s and ground-pounder Fockes double as emergency fighters.

The assault on the mighty crimean fortress city of Sevastopol begins. To crack this nut, some really special equipment is needed...

Sadly I messed up the intro...sorry for that!
huckc
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by huckc »

Great AAR!

I'm a big fan of your tank to anti-tank ratio having played this campaign but I won't spoil things further.
HjalfnarFeuerwolf

Thank you! Well, as most of my viewers (or readers at the beginning) wanted a tank, I bought them one. xD

There are still a few untis without commanding officers (Nebelwerfers, Artillery, SP Artillery), any officer interested? ;)
HjalfnarFeuerwolf

Sorry for the long break guys, working on an interesting project on YT right now so it takes some time to do LPs. Anyway, here you go with the second part!

Return to “Panzer Corps : AAR's”