Grand Campaign East 39-45 Manstein level

Battle Reports & After Action Reports (AAR's)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Re: Grand Campaign East 39-45 Manstein level

Post by goose_2 »

Manstein Maginot Line 2nd Time
My first time I was so close to seizing the final city of Metz and it’s surrounding fortified areas, that I just reloaded from Turn 12 to replay from that day to finish with Decisive Victory.

Here is what I brought to get this done:
In the air: 2 JU-87R’sincluding one with +2 Att hero, 3 Fighter Bombers including Helmut Lent, +3 Att, and +3 Def, and 4 Henkel’s.
Around Saint-Mikiel: 1 10.5cm arty +3 Att, 1 Sturmpanzer +1 Movement, +3 Att 88, 3rd SE Pz3F, Pioniere, +1 Initiative Gerbisjager, and Char-B1.
Around Nancy: +1 Movement 88, 2 10.5cm arty’s including +2 Att and +1 Movement, Char B1, +1 Spotting Grenadier, +1 Att Pioniere, +3 Def Gerbisjager, +2 Att Sturmpanzer,Sturmpanzer, 3rd SE Pz3F, and +2 Att 1st SE Pz3F.

Starting prestige 19063 after replacements 19043 after some Overstrengthening 18568, and new purchase of Henkel 18268.

Battle Report:
Day 1: Sunny
Seized Verdun and Luneville, as well as pressuring Bouzonville.
Destroyed 2 French Inf, 25mm AT, Renault, and 47mm AT.
Day 1 ai CA:
Nothing

Day 2: Sunny
Seized Bouzonville and Pont-a-Moussan.
Destroyed 2 French units, 25mm AT, and Strongpoint.
Day 2 ai CA:
Fort nicked aux Pioniere.

Day 3: Sunny
Seized Thienville and Saint-Marie-aux-Chenes.
Destroyed 2 mines, 2 47mm AT’s, and 2 Renault’s.
Helmut Lent awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.
Day 3 ai CA:
Fort nicks Somua -1 me.

Day 4: Sunny
Seized Fortification and Dieuze.
Destroyed Fort, French inf, 25mm AT, and 75mm arty.
Day 4 ai CA:
Nothing

Day 5: Sunny
Seized 3 Fortifications.
Destroyed 3 Strongpoints, French Inf, and Fort.
Day 5 ai CA:
Strongpoint hit 3rd SE Pz3F -5 me.

Day6: Cloudy
Seized Strongpoint.
Destroyed French Inf, mines, Cavalry, and Fortification.
Bought 1 reg rep for +1 Att Pioniere and Somua
Day 6 ai CA:
Strongpoint hit Grenadier guarded by arty -4 them -1 me.

Day 7: Sunny
Seized Fortification and Sarrebourg.
Destroyed 3 Strongpoints, French Inf, and Cavalry.
3 and 4 reg reps for aux Pioniere, 1 reg rep for 2 SE Pz3F’s and Grenadier and aux Pioniere and 5 reg reps for 3rd SE Pz3F. (Expensive Round)
Day 7 ai CA:
2 Panhards hit +3 Def Gerbisjager in Stronghold -2 Each and Big Fort hit aux Inf -4 me.

Day 8: Sunny
Seized Fortification.
Destroyed Mines, 2 Panhard’s, and French inf.
Day 8 ai CA:
Somua hit +2 Att SE Pz3F -2 me -6 them and Strongpoint hit +1 Initiative Gerbisjager -2 me -1 them.

Day 9: Sunny
Seized 4 Fortification’s and Longuyon.
Destroyed 2 Somua’s, mines, 2 Strongpoints, and Fort.
Bought 2 reg reps for 2nd SE Pz3F and 1 for +3 Def Gerbisjager.
Day 9 ai CA:
Fort hit aux Pioniere -2 me and Char-B1 was ambushed by Grenadier in Fortification guarded by artillery -5 them. :twisted:

Day 10: Sunny
Seized Fortification and Virton.
Destroyed Char-B1, Strongpoint, and 3 Mines, and Hotchkiss.
Bought 2 reg reps for +1 Initiative Gerbisjager.
+1 Movement 88 awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.
Day 10 ai CA:
2 French inf attacked aux Pioniere -2 me -5 them.

Day 11: Cloudy
Seized Faulauemont and Fortification.
Destroyed 2 mines, Fort, and French Inf.
Day 11 ai CA:
Fort, arty and AT hit aux inf -5 me.

Day 12: Sunny
Destroyed 3 French Inf and Hotchkiss.
7 reg reps for 3 aux units and 4 for 1 more. (This was thankfully when I realized that I would need the extra attack power of these aux units to get the Decisive Victory)
Day 12 ai CA:
Fort and Arty hit +2 Att 1st SE Pz3F -3 me.

Day 13: Sunny
Seized Saverne and Fortification.
Destroyed 3 French Inf.
Day 13 ai CA:
Fort hit Sturmpanzer -3 me and arty hit 88 -1 me; arty and AT hit aux Pioniere -3 me.

Day 14: Sunny
Seized Fortification.
Destroyed 25mm AA, 2 25mm AT’s, and Strongpoint.
Day 14 ai CA:
Nothing

Day 15: Sunny
Seized Part of Metz and their airfield and Fortification.
Destroyed 2 25mm AT’s, 25mm AA, Hotchkiss, Strongpoint, 75mm arty, and 2 French Inf’s.
Day 15 ai CA:
Fort hit Pioniere -3 me.

Day 16: Cloudy
Seized 2 Fortifications and the rest of Metz.
Destroyed 155mm arty, French Inf, and Fort.
3rd SE Pz3F awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.

Day 17: Sunny
Seized Moulins and Chalon-sur-Saone.
Destroyed Engineers and Chasseurs.
Bought 1 reg reps for 1st SE Pz3F.

Decisive Victory with 20193 ending Prestige

The key to this one at this level is using Strategic Bombers to strip ammo from their Big Forts to help you move forward with units that can quickly strip them of all attacking power. The 2nd part that was key is to utilize those awesome 88’s. They are just killers. If you watch the review watch how these Overstrength bad boys would absolutely decimate the enemy Forts and Strongpoints with little to no damage to me. Just beautiful. I hope these guys get nice 2nd heroes, and I will be working with only one other 88 to build up enough AA defense to limit enemies strafing of my vulnerable units.

I will shoot the replays to Hurly tonight and try to finish the First scenario of 1941 this weekend for both Manstein and Guderian. Next to time I will post the army that I am taking into 1941 on Manstein.
Blessings on your weekend!
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
hurly
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by hurly »

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Thanks again Hurly for posting:

Here is the Manstein Army Imported into 1941 59 Core units 21293 prestige

This is 4 additional core units that I did not have in my Field Marshall playthrough.

At least with this playthrough I now have all needed SE Pz’s. I think I would cry if I was awarded like I have been in Guderian and I know I would not be getting Decisive Victory’s like I have been.
Overall I am pleased with where I am at by this stage of the game, I will need to start buying more elite replacements, but I am hoping to finish 1941 with most units at or near 3 stars experience and at least 1 if not 2 heroes.
What I do when I upgrade units to a better unit that is in its class I over strengthen them as it is the cheapest it will ever be.

9 Total Infantry
This is 4 less than in Field Marshall run, but I do not have any Fallschimjager as they are impossible for me to keep alive, so instead I think I will continue training a few more Gerbisjager and switching them to a better inf at some time, because as of right now these units are doing very well.
1 Regular Inf with 2 Stars and +3 Defense (I will update him to a Grenadier with Half-track, it is expensive but will help tremendously in Vyazma, I hope)
5 Gerbisjager: 3 Stars Oleh Dir (I will be holding him back, I think, until Vyazma; +3 Def 2 Stars; +2 Att 2 Stars; +1 Initiative 1 Star; and +1 Spotting with 2 stars.
2 Pioniere’s: 1 Pioniere +1 Att 2 Stars and 1 with 1 star and no heroes.
1 Grenadier with truck 2 Stars with +1 Spotting

12 tanks
This is 3 more than my Field Marshall playthrough
3 captured French tanks 1 Somua with 2 stars and 2 Char B-1’s 1 with 2 Stars the other with 1 star.
2 Pz2C’s1 with 1 star the other with 2 Stars. (These have just been sitting waiting to turn into Flamms :twisted:)
+2 Att Pz3F 2 Stars
2 Pz 4D’s 1 +1 Def and 1 Star the other is Albert Kerscher with 2 Stars
Matilda 2 0 Stars (I am selling this as no way using this to try and get a hero as they just do not have enough movement.)
3 SE Pz3F’s 1st 2 stars with +2 Att; 2nd with 2 Stars; and 3rd with 1 Star

1 2 star recon with a +1 Spotting hero
(This might be my only one and I may upgrade it to a more survivable and manoeuvrable unit to help me do what I did in Reims, as that is a great trick)

3 AT units all without a hero and 2 Stars
2 3.7cm Pak these are going to be waiting a long long time before they become Elephant’s. :twisted:
1 Panzerjaeger 2 Stars (I think I will work on training up 2 more with the intention to upgrade to Elephants)

12 artys
This is the same as my Field Marshall playthrough
All with 3 Stars except one of them
9 10.5cm artys +1 Movement, +2 Att, +3 Att, (These will all be upgraded to 17cm artys when available) and +1 Def. (Maybe change up the +1 Defense to a StuG3?)
3 Sturmpanzers including 1 with +2 Att and another with +1 Movement
(Going to buy, or upgrade, at least 2 StuG’s and 2 Nebelwerfer’s, and 2 Wurfrahmen’s when they become available.)

3 AA units
1 with 1 Stars 2 with 3 Stars 1 with +3 Attack and the other with +1 Movement
(These have been the true beasts in battle, they just dominate on every level, best unit in the game so far, I will be focusing on building up just 3 of them, I don’t think I will by any mobil AA’s but I can be persuaded. ;) )

7 Fighters
1 more fighter than my Field Marshall Playthrough
3 with 3 stars no heroes 1 with 2 Stars and no heroes
Heinrich Bar with 3 Stars
+1 Initiative with 2 Stars
+2 Def with 2 Stars

9 tac bombers 6 Junkers 3 Fighter Bombers
5 Junkers
Recon Rudel with 1 Star (Waiting for Minsk)
1 Star with +1 Def
3 Stars with +2 Def
3 Stars with no hero
3 Stars +2 Att/+2 Def (Never had a 2nd hero awarded in 1940)
My 3 Fighter Bombers are the absolute best
All with 3 Stars 1 Helmut Lent, 1 with +3 Att, 1 with +3 Def

4 Strat Bombers 3 with 3 Stars and 1 with 2 Stars

Overall a pretty solid army, just see myself buying about 3 more infantry, 2 more AT’s, and probably 6 more artillery’s.
The rest will just be built from my current stock, my first heroes I will live with at this point, so if I get a stinky 2nd hero, I will just have to live with it.

I am just hoping that I do not get as many Spotting Heroes that I have been receiving in my Afrika Korps playthrough. (That is almost criminal how many heroes I have been awarded in my Afrika Korps playthrough) :roll:
goose_2

NightPhoenix
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by NightPhoenix »

;) Welcome to Russia ( almost ). Now things will start to get real exciting, after the somewhat perfunctory first two DLC's. =P Although it seems like those two first campaigns already gave you plenty fight for your money on Mannstein. Now the true game begins, and we can see how (perhaps) Moscow and Stalingrad will look like. :twisted: You already got some plans on how to tackle the mighty KV's/T34/41? I can't remember, will you be doing the East or West on Mannstein?
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

NightPhoenix wrote:;) Welcome to Russia ( almost ). Now things will start to get real exciting, after the somewhat perfunctory first two DLC's. =P Although it seems like those two first campaigns already gave you plenty fight for your money on Mannstein. Now the true game begins, and we can see how (perhaps) Moscow and Stalingrad will look like. :twisted: You already got some plans on how to tackle the mighty KV's/T34/41? I can't remember, will you be doing the East or West on Mannstein?

Hey buddy, super excited about seeing how you do in the upcoming tournament. I am a little behind on my write ups as I have just started my Minsk playthrough. I am going East on Manstein, and West on Guderian. My plan to deal with tanks is the standard use of Bombers, artillery suppression and finishing off with some hits from my best hitting tanks or anti tanks. That +1 Movement 88 is a Beast, but I am trying to not over use him as I want to build large and various army, which I am doing very, very well at. ;)

Manstein Belgrade 1st Time
This was again pretty easy even on Manstein, at this level you do not want to get too cocky, but again as I said in my Guderian playthrough, use this scenario to train Green units.

In the air: 3 JU-87R’s including one with +1 Def and other with +2 Def hero, 3 Bf-109’s, 1 +3 Def Fighter Bomber.
Around Uivar: 2 StuG3B’s; 2 Nebelwerfers including +1 Movement; 88; +2 Att 1st SE Pz3H, +1 Initiative Gerbisjager, Pioniere, green Gerbisjager.
Force around Ciacova: 2nd and 3rd SE Pz3F; 3 10.5 cm arty’s; +2 Att Sturmpanzer; 2 Char B-1’s; and Somua.
Force around Detalt: +1 Movement 88; Sturmpanzer, green Panzerjaeger; and +1 Spot Gerbisjager.

Starting prestige 21293 I was awarded an SE Gerbisjager with half-track but selling as I need tanks as well as Matilda 2; after replacements 21733 after some Overstrengthening 20212, and now come the upgrades, +3 Def Regular Inf upgraded to Grenadier plus half-track; +2 Att Pz 3F and all of my Pz3F’s to 3H’s; Albert Kirscher upgraded to Pz4E; upgraded +1 Movement Sturmpanzer to 15cm Nebelwerfer with truck; all Bf-109e’s except Heinrich Bar as going to upgrade to Focke-Wulf when available; and +2 and +1 Defensive Ju-87B’s to R’s leaving me with 19020. Then I bought 2 StuG 3 B’s, 1 other Nebelwerfer with truck, Panzerjaeger, and Gerbisjager leaving me with 17967 this is well over 4500 less in prestige than in my Field Marshall run. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Battle Report:
Seized Toba.
Destroyed 2 Mtn Inf’s, 37mm AT, and CR.42.
Somua awarded +1 Attack 1st Hero. :)
Day 1 ai CA:
Fighter trap worked as fighter tried hitting +1 Def Tac Bomber guarded by Fighter -10 them and I-16 hit Panzerjaeger -4 me

Seized airfield next to Toba and Kikinda.
Destroyed I-16; CR-42, 80mm AA, Cavalry, and Mtn Inf.
16th 10.5cm arty awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 2 ai CA:
T-26S tried hitting my Char-B1 -5 them.

Seized Becej and Vrsac as well as pressuring Zrejanin.
Destroyed 75mm arty, T-26s, Mtn Inf, and 47mm AT.
+2 Att Sturmpanzer awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.
Bought 4 reg reps for green Panzerjaeger.
Day 3 ai CA:
Mtn Inf hit arty in a truck guarded by Sturmpanzer -3 them -2 me; and Captain Zunjic hit Char B1 -3 me.

Seized Zrenjanin and the airfield next to Vrsac; as well as pressuring Opovo.
Destroyed 2 Cavalry’s, Regular Inf, and 80mm AA.
Day 4 and 5 ai CA:
Nothing

Seized airfield next to Zabal and pressuring Vladimirovac.
Destroyed Mt Inf, Cavalry, and 37mm AT.

Day6: Cloudy
Seized Vrsac and Vladimirovac.
Destroyed 2 Yugoslav Inf’s, 75mm arty, and Cavalry.
Day 6 ai CA:
Inf and T-26s destroyed aux inf in Vladimirovac and inf hit aux arty guarded by Sturmpanzer -3 each.

Day 7: Cloudy
Seized Zabalj.
Destroyed 80m AA, Yugoslav Inf, and Mtn Inf.
Day 7 ai CA:
T-26s hit Char-B1 and retook Vladimirovac -2 me and Yugoslav inf tried hitting green Panzerjaeger guarded by 2 arty’s -7 them. 8)

Destroyed T-26s, 37mm AT, 2 Cavalry’s, and Yugoslav inf.
Day 8 ai CA:
Arty nicked +2 Att 1st SE Pz3H and inf hit Panzerjaeger -1 each.

Day 9: Cloudy
Seized Opovo, Pancevo, and Smederevo.
Destroyed 3 Yugoslavian Inf’s, 47mm AT, 37mm AT, and Cavalry.
Day 9 -12 ai CA: Nothing

Seized Airfield next to Durakovo-Popovac, NoviSad, and Ruma.
Destroyed Yugoslav Inf.
Day 11: Sunny
Beginning to pressure Belgrade.
Destroyed 37mm AT and Yugoslav Inf.
Seized Durakovo-Popovac.
Destroyed 75mm arty.
+2 Att Sturmpanzer awarded with a +2 Def 2nd Hero 8)

Seized airfield near Belgrade.
Destroyed 37mm AT.
13th Bf-109F awarded +2 Def hero.
Day 13 ai CA:
AA hit +2 Def Ju-87R -3 me; Colonel Mihailovic hit +1 Movement 88 -1 me -8 them; arty and inf hit Romanian Officer leaving him with 1 str but also made me take part of Belgrade. 8)
Inf also tried hitting Nebelwerfer but stopped by 2 artys.

Destroyed Colonel Mihailovic, 80mm AA, 105mm arty, Yugoslav Inf, and Cavalry.
Day 14 -17 ai CA:
Nothing

Seized another part of Belgrade and pressuring Obrenovac.
Destroyed 47mm AT’s, Yugoslav Inf, and Cavalry.
1st Captured Char B-1 awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Seized the rest of Belgrade.
Destroyed 37mm AT and 80mm AA.
Seized Obrenovac.
Destroyed 75mm arty and Mountain Inf.

Decisive Victory 1 Round Early with 19509 ending Prestige

Yes, this was a fun scenario where I was able to build up some nice experience with minimal cost to my units. My green Panzerjaeger, StuG3B, and Nebelwerfer both awarded 1 star of experience.

Next will be Metaxas Line at 20459 and I am following Night Phoenix’s strategy for the most part as it worked so well for him and I want to minimize my losses. (I hope to get time to type it up next week as I have already started Minsk on Manstein, and I wanted to avoid getting to far ahead of my type ups.) :oops:

Stay Lutheran My Friends. ;)
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Manstein Metaxas Line 1st Time
Going slow and steady and only going for Main Objectives, and swinging around to get Matilda 2 for extra prestige.

I wrote down brief for simplicity sake as it saved me time. Using only forces on the far left around Sturmica and small force near Sandanski of 1 Sturmpanzer 2 Gerbisjager’s and Oleh Dir.

Starting prestige 20459 after replacements 20438 after some Overstrengthening 20058.

Battle Report:
Seized Kerkini, Paranesti, Kato Nevrokopi, and pressuring Bogdanci.
Destroyed Blenheim, 2 Cavalry units, Valentine 2, and Greek Inf.
+1 Movement 33rd Nebelwerfer was awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.
Day 1 ai CA:
Bomber hit 3rd SE Pz3H and +1 Attack Pioniere nicked by Fighter -2 me.

Seized Bogdanci.
Destroyed Valentine2, Dingo, Hurricane, British Inf, and Blenheim.
Day 2 and 3 ai CA:
Nothing

Destroyed 75mm arty, British Inf, and Cavalry.

Seized Strymoniko.
Destroyed Cavalry, Greek Inf, 2pdr, and 75mm arty.
39th Pioniere awarded +2 Def hero. 8)
Day 4 ai CA:
AA nicked +2 Def Tac Bomber and Cruiser Mk1 hit +1 Def Sturmpanzer guarded by arty -3 me -1 them; and Strongpoint hit aux inf.

Seized airfield next to Sochos.
Destroyed Greek Inf, 2 Valentine2’s, Cruiser Mk1, and 2cm Flak.
14th 10.5cm arty awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
34th JU-87R awarded +2 Attack hero. 8)
Day 5 ai CA:
Cavalry hit green Gerbisjager and reduced me to 3 Str. :oops: :evil: :shock:
Cavalry hit Panzerjaeger -2 me -1 them.

Day6: Rainy
Seized Gallikos.
Destroyed Valentine 2.
Bought 1 for aux Cavalry; 7 for aux Inf; and 2 for green Gerbisjager.
Day 6 ai CA:
Valentine 2 hit +1 Spot Gerbisjager guarded by unseen Sturmapanzer in the hills -7 them -2 me and all other attacks stymied by well placed artillery. :D

Seized Sochos.
Destroyed Whitley, 2 Cavalry, and Valentine 2.
Day 7 ai CA:
AA hit +2 Att Tac Bomber -2 me.

Pressuring Agios Athanasios and Serrai.
Destroyed 2cm AA and 2 Pounder.
Day 8 ai CA:
Matilda 1 hit Pioniere backed by arty -6 me and Inf hit +3 Def Gerbisjager -8 them -4 me.

Seized Agios Athanasios and Karamoki.
Destroyed Matilda 1, Valentine 2, British Para’s, and Greek Inf.
Day 9 ai CA:
AA hit +1 Def Tac Bomber -5 me and enemy tank hit aux Cavalry.

Day 10: Rainy
Seized part of Serrai.
Destroyed Strongpoint and Fortification.
Day 10 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed Romanian Cavalry.

Beginning to pressure Thessalonika and seized Serrai.
Destroyed 2 Greek Inf’s.
Day 11 ai CA:
Minor aux ca.

Seized airfield and part of Thessalonika, and pressuring Apollonia.
Destroyed 3.7c, Flak and British Inf.
Day 12 ai CA:
Aux attack and HW inf hit Panzerjaeger -2 me.

Day 13: Rainy
(Nothing)
Day 13 ai CA:
HW Inf hit Panzerjaeger -2 me again :oops:

Seized all of Thessalonika and Appollonia.
Destroyed Greek Inf and Engineers.
+2 Def Tac Bomber awarded Iron Cross 1st Class

Decisive Victory with 21305 ending Prestige (A full 5000 less than Field Marshall Run, this can only get worse) :oops:

Next will be Crete Airborne and I can upgrade my 2 Pz2C’s to Flamm’s :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Need to spend for some elite replacements for all the damage taken in this scenario, when you play need to play cautiously and back everything you can with artillery. This is going to get rough in Russia. :shock:

Next time Crete Airborne with 22155.
goose_2

hurly

Post by hurly »

Here are the latest replays from the Manstein Campaign
(13.05.2017) Belgrade, Turn 17 Manstein 1st try.zip
(74.22 KiB) Downloaded 250 times
(14.05.2017) Metaxas Line, Turn 14 Manstein.zip
(73.04 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
and a bit premature to the actual AAR
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Manstein Crete Airborne Multiple Times :oops:
(Like I stated in the Guderian playthrough this is extremely difficult based on the Cruisers that can Bombard your units around Heraklion pretty hard and destroy your units with a combined enemy attack.)

In the air bringing 3 Henkels, (needed to damp down effectiveness of sea battle) 3 fighters including +1 Initiative Fighter, 3 Ju-87R’s including +1 Def, +2 Def, and +2 Att.
In the sea brought 2 Wurfrahmens, 2 Gerbisjagers inc +1 Init, and +2 Att, Somua, and 3 10.5cm artys.
Around Maleme airfield brought: StuG3B, Nebelwerfer, 2nd and 3rd SE Pz3H.
Around Arkadi brought: 2 Char B’s, 2 Sturmpanzer’s +1 Def and +2 Att/+2 Def.
Near Heraklion brought: StuG3B and +1 Movement Nebelwerfer, 88, Green Gerbisjager, +2 Att 1st SE Pz3H.

Starting prestige 22155 after replacements 21894 after some Overstrengthening 21204, bought 2 new Wurfrahmens, 20184.

Battle Report:
Destroyed 40mm Bofors and 25 Pounder.
Day 1 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed Destroyer and nicked my 88 with their Valentine 2. They also seized Maleme airfield.

Seized Rethimnon.
Destroyed Valentine2, 2 New Zealend Inf’s, and Stirling. (couldn’t take out their Mosquito, pretty crazy how I threw everything at it, but was not able to knock it out of the sky, rolls just did not go my way, and no one can accuse me of taking only the best rolls.) :P :P :P
Day 2 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed another Destroyer and nicked a few units elsewhere.

Retook Maleme airfield. (This is a great tactic to get an extra 100 prestige, and also force them to attack you when they take it themselves as the ai automatically attacks when it seizes a Main Objective if you have an adjacent unit to it, which allows you to set up a beautiful trap.) :twisted:
Destroyed HMS Ajax and HMS Dido, 2 British Inf’s, and New Zealand Inf.
Day 3 ai CA:
Enemy retook Rethimnon.

Seized Strymoniko.
Destroyed HMS Orion, (It is ending the last of these Cruiser’s that made this playthrough possible, this is why I took 3 Strat Bombers and attacked immediately where I knew the Crusiers were stationed, highly recommended when played at this level, Destroyer, 25 Pounder, and British Inf.
Day 4 ai CA:
Mosquito bombed Nebelwerfer -6 me. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: (Man, I really wish I could have destroyed that in Round 2! But at this point I am pleased to have destroyed the Cruisers and do not want to start it another time.)

Seized Mousouroi, Gazi, and Krousonas, as well as retook Rethimnon.
Destroyed 2 New Zealand Inf’s, 2 Destroyer’s, Matilda 2, and Australian Inf.
Day 5 ai CA:
Enemy AA hit +1 Initiative Fighter -2 me.

Day 6: Sunny
Seized Part of Heraklion and its airfield.
Destroyed New Zealand Inf and 40mm Bofors.
Day 6 ai CA:
Nothing

Seized Khania and Arkadi.
Destroyed British HW Inf, Australian inf, and British reg inf.
2nd Char B-1 awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 7 ai CA:
AA hit Fighter -2 me. (Man that stupid Mosquito has cost me a lot in expensive prestige)
British inf destroyed Destroyer.

Seized Heraklion and Geropotamos.
Destroyed 2 British Inf’s, 75mm arty and Australian inf.
Day 8-15 ai CA: No Further attacks left from the enemy. :roll: :roll: :roll: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :wink: :mrgreen:

Seized Nikiforos Fokas.
Destroyed Mosquito, Destroyer, Australian Inf, and Greek Inf.
Seized Arotiri and last airfield.
Destroyed Cruiser Mk4, General Freybau, and 2 Cavalry units.
Seized Ormos Soudas and Fres.
Destroyed Greek Inf, 2 Cavalry’s, and 2cm Flak.
16th 10.5cm arty awarded with +3 Def hero. Hmmnnnn! Should I consider a type change, maybe a StuG. :?
Day 12: Cloudy
Seized Georgioupoli.
Destroyed 2 Greek Inf’s.
Destroyed 3 Australian Inf’s, and 2 Greek Inf’s.
Day 14and 15: Sunny
Seized Souda.
Destroyed 2cm Flak.

Decisive Victory with 21736 ending Prestige (A full 6500 less than Field Marshall Run, this is getting worse, at least I am building a much lerger and stronger army, that is my hope and hopefully my saving grace, at least in this game. ;)

Next will be Minsk with 23236 and I will upgrade my 2 Pz2C’s to Flamm’s and I finally was awarded a Pz4d that will be upgraded to a Pz4F looking forward to getting Uber Rudel :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
goose_2

Rayrard
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Rayrard »

The good news is that you should have little difficulty winning GC41 on Manstein as I did it and it was really no problem getting DV's.

The bad news is that I switched to Colonel for the next GC42 in order to recover prestige to get to the 40-50K needed to finish the war to Berlin. The battles might not be that difficult, but going max overstrength may be unavoidable in the urban battles where repeated attacks by 15 SMG infantry might be hard to repulse otherwise.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Rayrard wrote:The good news is that you should have little difficulty winning GC41 on Manstein as I did it and it was really no problem getting DV's.

The bad news is that I switched to Colonel for the next GC42 in order to recover prestige to get to the 40-50K needed to finish the war to Berlin. The battles might not be that difficult, but going max overstrength may be unavoidable in the urban battles where repeated attacks by 15 SMG infantry might be hard to repulse otherwise.
Getting Decisive Victories in this year has been much easier, in fact the only one I am worried about getting Decisive Victories on are Vyazma and The Streets of Moscow.

My goal is to at least get 50,000 in prestige, if not 60,000 before the drain starts to happen. It is hard as I am already running into soft cap because I have been Overstrengthening Flammpanzers, artillery, and planes. We shall see how I do, and with that...

Manstein Minsk Line 1st Time
Oh Boy!!!
So excited to finally get to Russia and see what kind of damage I can do.

Starting prestige 23236 after replacements 23236 after some Overstrengthening and upgrades 20593, then I purchased a Panzerjaeger 20383.
Upgraded 2 PzIIC’s to Flamm’s :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen: ; SE Pz4D to F, 7 10.5cm artys to 17cm with half tracks; +1 Spotting Gebirgsjaeger (thanks hurly) to a Kradschutzen.

Bringing in the air 3 Fighter’s inc +1 Init Fighter; also brought 1 Bf-110D inc Helmut Lent and +1 Def Junkers including Rudel, 1 Henkel.
Around Siedlice Brought: +2 Att/+2 Def Sturmpanzer; 17cm arty; +2 Def Pioniere and +1 Spot Grenadier
North of Bug River brought: Wurfrahmen; +2 Att 1st SE Pz3H; 2nd SE Pz 3H; Panzerjaeger; +1 Def Sturmpanzer.
Around Lomza: StuG3B; Green Panzerjaeger; 2 Char B-1’s; Flammpanzer; 17cm arty; Nebelwerfer.
East of Pisz: 3rd SE Pz 3H; 4th SE Pz4F; StuG3B; Flammpanzer.
West of Nyoma River brought: +1 Att Pioniere; +1 Spotting Kradschutzen; +1 Spotting Recon; Wurfrahmen; 2 17cm arty’s inc +1 Movement arty.

Battle Report:
Pressured Bialystok and Hrodna.
Destroyed 37mm AA, 45mm AT, Cavalry, and BA-10.
+2 Att 1st SE Pz 3H was awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.
Day 1 ai CA:
nothing

Seized Bialystok; Hrodna and its airfield.
Destroyed T-34/40, 2 45mm AT’s, 2 Cavalry’s, T-26S, and Regular Inf.
Awarded Uber Rudel.
19th Panzer2 Flammpanzer awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 2 ai CA:
KV-1A hit aux mobil AA guarded by Wurfrahmen -1 them -8 me.

Seized Masty, Vaukavysk and airfield.
Destroyed 37mm AA, 2 Regular Inf’s, and Cavalry.
Day 3 ai CA:
Arty nicked 2nd SE Pz3H; KV-1A destroyed mobil AA; Reg inf tried hitting Mobil AA -3 them.

Seized airfield near Brest.
Destroyed KV-1A and Mtn inf.
Day 4 ai CA:
AA hit many aux Strat Bombers; Reg Inf hit Panzerjaeger guarded by StuG3B -2 each.

Seized airfield near to Navahrudak, and Pruzany, Biaroza, and Bananuicy.
Destroyed 3 Reg Inf’s, BT-5, and 76.2mm arty.
Day 5 ai CA:
AA hit many aux Strat Bombers and Reg Inf hit Panzerjaeger guarded by StuG3B-2 each.

Day6: Sunny
Seized Navahrudak and Lida and airfield near Ivacevicy, and even Sailhorsk and its airfield.
Destroyed Bridge Engineer and 37mm AA.
Day 6 ai CA:
Arty hit arty -2 me and T-34/40 hit Wurfrahmen -5 me -3 them, because guarded by 2 artys.

Seized Uzda and Ivacevicy.
Destroyed T-34/40, T-26S, and 2 Reg Inf’s.
Day 7 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed aux 88.

Seized airfield near Uzda.
Destroyed 122mm arty.
Day 8 ai CA:
nothing

Seized Pinsk.
Destroyed 2 Reg Inf’s and 85mm AA.
2nd SE Pz3H awarded +1 Initiative hero
Day 9 ai CA:
Fort hit aux AA guarded by arty -3 each. 8)

Destroyed Engineers.
Day 10 ai CA:
nothing

Seized Maladziecna and all of Brest-Litovsk and the nearby airfield.
Destroyed 37mm AA, BT-5, and Brest Fortress.
Day 11 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed my aux mobil AA and T-34/41 hit 4th SE Pz4F guarded by arty -1 me -4 them.

Seized Dziarzynsk.
Destroyed Conscript.
Awarded captured T-34/40. 8)
Day 12 ai CA:
BT-5 hit Pioniere guarded by arty -4 them -2 me.

Seized Southernmost airfield.
Destroyed 2 Conscript’s, Pe-8, and Pe-2.
Bought 1 reg rep for Pioniere and 4th SE Pz4.
28th Bf109F awarded +3 Att hero. :shock: 8) :twisted:
Day 13 ai CA:
T-34/41 hit green Panzerjaeger -4 me -2 them.

Destroyed BT-5, T-34/41, and another Bt-5.
Day 14 ai CA:
85mm hit +1 Def Tac Bomber -1 me.

Destroyed 85mm AA, Pe-8, 2 BT-5’s.
Day 15 ai CA:
KV-1A hit Pioniere guarded by arty -4 them -1 me and AA shot down aux Strat Bomber.

Day 16: Sunny
Seized North Eastern most airfield.
Destroyed BA-10, Pe-8, KV-1A, 2 37mm AA’s, Bt-5, and a Regular Inf.
+1 Spot Kradschutzen awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.
Day 16 ai CA:
Arty and BT-5 hit Kradschutzen -6 me. Yikes. :shock:

Seized last airfield.
Destroyed 3 BT-5’s.
Day 17 ai CA:
Arty nicked my arty

Day 18: Sunny
Destroyed KV-2, 45mm AT, Regular Inf, and 76.2mm arty.
Uber Rudel awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class already. 8)
Day 18 ai CA:
45mm AT hit Flamm -4 me -7 them.

Day 19: Sunny
Destroyed 45mm AT and Regular Inf.
Day 19 ai CA:
nothing

Day 20: Sunny
Last turn so I seized it all and destroyed the remaining forces built.

Decisive Victory with 22495 ending Prestige (A full 8500 less than Field Marshall Run, when this gets over 10,000 that will just be obscene) :oops:

Next will be Smolensk with 23745.
I got a little too cocky toward the end of this run and did not properly back up some of my units, so I took more damage than I should have, but my experience and kill count is through the roof. Definitely a time for our experienced forces to shine. I am almost at a point where buying additional forces is unnecessary and simply building up current force with current heroes is more advantageous. I believe.
goose_2

hurly

Post by hurly »

latest replay files I got
(25.05.2017) Minsk41, Turn 20 Manstein 1st try.zip
(85.57 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Manstein Smolensk 4th Time :oops:
I shouldn’t have needed to do this 4 times, but I was taking damage on units that I didn’t need to so kept redoing so I could minimize damage and maximize kills.

Starting prestige 23745 after replacements, some Overstrengthening and upgrades 22614.
Upgraded Ju-87 Rudel to an R, wish I would have thought about upgrading him to the fighter bomber but that post wasn’t made before hand so…:roll:

Bringing in the air 3 Fighter’s inc +3 Att Fighter; 3 Tac Bombers inc +2 Att, +2 Def, and Uber Rudel, also brought 2 Fighter Bombers inc +3 Def and +3 Att, and finally 1 Henkel.
On the Ground Brought: 2 StuG3B’s, 2 Wurfrahmen’s, 1 Nebelwerfer, 2 Sturmpanzer’s inc +1 Def and +2 att/+2 def, 2 17cm arty’s inc +1 Movement and +3 Att; +1 Att Pioniere; +1 Spot Grenadier; +1 Spot Kradschutzen, +2 Def Pioniere; 4 SE Panzer’s, 2 Char B1’s, 2 Flammpanzers, 2 Panzerjaegers, and 88.

Battle Report:
Destroyed 2 BT-5’s, 3 Cavalry’s, I-16.
Day 1 ai CA:
nothing

Seized Berezino and Barysau.
Destroyed 45mm AT, 37mm AA, and 76.2 mm arty.
Day 2 ai CA:
Caught Bomber in fighter trap -8 Pe-2 and T-34/40 hit 19th Flamm -3 me -1 them.

Seized Knyahinin.
Destroyed Pe-2, Regular Inf, and T-34/40.
Awarded Heinz Rondorf and Helmut Weinsberger.
Day 3 ai CA:
nothing

Seized North West airfield.
Destroyed T-26S, 76.smm arty, and 3 regular Inf’s.
Bought 2 Reg Reps for Flammpanzer.
+2 Att 34th Tac Bomber awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.
Day 4 ai CA:
They tried in 4 spots but stopped by our superb artillery. :lol:

Seized Hlybokajc and Knynki.
Destroyed T-26S, Conscript, 2 BT-5’s.
Upgraded Rondorf to a Flamm. :twisted:
Day 5 ai CA:
I have been too aggressive, yet again, :roll: T-34/40 and BT-5 hit 4th SE Pz4F -5 me -8 them. (just pressing forward, because at Manstein you will take damage)

Seized airfield near Mogilev.
Destroyed 122mm arty, 45mm AT, 2 T-34/40’s, and 37mm AA.
Day 6 ai CA:
nothing

Seized Mogilev.
Destroyed Bridge Engineer, 45mm AT, and Conscript.
Day 7 ai CA:
Fighter hit Panzerjaeger -3 me and another fighter hit StuG3B -2 me.

Seized Lepel, Central airfield, and airfield next to Polotsk.
Destroyed 37mm AA and BT-5.
7th Bf109F awarded with a +1 Att hero.
Day 8 ai CA:
All attacks were stopped by arty or completely defended without damage for me. 8)

Seized Polotsk.
Destroyed Reg Inf, T-26S, Yak-1, BT-5, Pe-8, BA-10 and Cavalry.
Bought 5 reg reps for 4th SE Pz4F.
Day 9 ai CA:
Weakened BT-7 hit Nebelwerfer -3 me

Day 10: Cloudy
Seized airfield South of Krasny.
Destroyed BT-7.
2 Reg Reps for Wurfrahmen and 4 reg reps for Panzerjaeger.
Day 10 ai CA:
nothing

Seized Mscislau.
Destroyed Conscript, Katyusha, and Regular Inf.
Bought 1 Reg Rep for both CharB’s and 2 Reg Reps for 3rd SE Pz3H.
Day 11 ai CA:
Fighter hit Panzerjaeger -2 me

Seized Otsha and Pochinok.
Destroyed T-26S, Yak-1, and BT-5.
Day 12 ai CA:
BT-7 hit CharB guarded by StuG -6 them -1 me.

Seized Krusny.
Destroyed Conscript.
Day 13 ai CA:
Cavalry hit +1 Movement arty -7 me -2 them. Nuts! Dumb Move! :oops:

Destroyed Cavalry, T-34/40, and Katyusha.
Bought 5 reg reps for Movement Arty.
Awarded KV-1B for seizing Krusny.
+3 Def 22nd Fighter Bomber awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 14 ai CA:
Nothing

Seized Roslavi.
Destroyed Conscript, 37mm AA. 45mm AT, REg Inf, and BT-7.
Day 15 ai CA:
T-26S hit Pioniere guarded by Wurfrahmen -4 them -1 me.

Seized Vitebsk and nearby airfield.
Destroyed T-26S and 3 Regular Inf’s.
Day 16 ai CA:
T-34/41 hit KV-1B -3 them -4 me.

Seized Demidov and Rudnya.
Destroyed 2 BT-7’s, T-34/40, 85mm AA, and Captain Floyorov.
47th Bf-109F awarded +3 Def hero 8)
Day 17 ai CA:
Arty hit my Nebelwerfer -3 me; KV-1A hit Flamm -5 me -2 them; T-34/41 hit StuG3B -3 me.

Destroyed KV-1A and 45mm AT.
Day 18 ai CA:
Nothing

Day 19: Rainy
Destroyed T-34/41, 122mm arty, 45mm AT, and Conscript.
17th Nebelwerfer awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class
Day 19 ai CA:
Conscript hit Wurfrahmen guarded by 2 arty’s -6 them -2 me

Destroyed Mtn Inf and Conscript.
Day 21: Sunny
Seized all of Smolensk destroyed 45mm AT.

Decisive Victory with 25572 ending Prestige (Staying under the 10,000 mark from Field Marshall run so that is good. :roll:)

Advancing towards Leningrad so Ostrov with 27322.

Until then…Stay Lutheran My Friends. ;)
goose_2

hurly

Post by hurly »

and here another bunch of replays
not sure if there are 2 Novgorod Replays for Manstein but I think so (correct me if I messed that up)
(01.06.2017) Ostrov, Turn 18 Manstein 2nd time.zip
(74.31 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
(10.06.2017) Novgorod, Turn 19 1st try.zip
(76.97 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
(11.06.2017) Novgorod, Turn 19 2nd try Manstein.zip
(76.12 KiB) Downloaded 256 times
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Manstein Ostrov 2nd Time
Going the Leningrad Route.

Starting prestige 27322 after replacements 27138, I upgraded Uber Rudel into a Bf110D based on posts on the forum 26798 after some Overstrengthening 25847.

Bringing in the air 4 Fighter’s inc +1 Init Fighter, +3 Att, +3 Def, +2 Def; also brought 2 Bf-110D’s inc Helmut Lent and Uber Rudel, along with +1 Def Junkers including 2 Henkel’s.
On the Ground Brought: 4 17cm arty’s inc +1 Movement and +3 Att; Nebelwerfer; 2 Wurfrahmens; 2 88’s inc +3 Att; 2 Green Gebirsjaeger’s; Helmut Wirnsberger; +1 Spotting Kradschutzen; 2 Panzerjaeger’s; and 10 tanks including 2 Char B-1’s; 3 Flammpanzer’s inc Heinz Rondorf; 4 SE Pz’s; KV-1B.

Battle Report:
Day 1: Sunny soft cap:? 97 already whoa
Destroyed Conscript and T-60.
+1 Movement 11th arty was awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.
Day 1 ai CA:
Fighter and Bomber Traps both sprung brilliantly. :twisted:

Day 2: Sunny 97%
Seized Kresno.
Destroyed Mtn Inf, Conscript, I-16, 76.2mm arty, BA-10, and Pe-2.
Char B1 awarded +1 Att Hero. :?
Day 2 ai CA:
Another Bomber trap sprung but they were still able to hit our +1 Def Tac Bomber -3 me.

Day 3: Sunny 98%
Seized Malnava.
Destroyed Pe-2, BT-7, Mig 3, I-16, and Mtn. Inf.
+3 Attack 28th Fighter Group was awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.
Day 3 ai CA:
Nothing

Day 4: Sunny 99%
Destroyed 45mm AT, 2 37mm AA’s, BT-5, 76.2mm arty, Cavalry, and 122mm arty.
Day 4 ai CA:
T-34/40 hit Heinz Rondorf -4 me -1 them. :(

Day 5: Sunny 100
Seized Medneva, Gavry, central airfield, as well as Opochka and airfield.
Destroyed Mtn. Inf and T-34/40.
Day 5 ai CA:
nothing

Seized Sinyaya Nikola and Posin’e.
Destroyed 76.2mm arty and Conscript.
Day 6 ai CA:
T-34/40 and T-60 hit Panzerjaeger -7 me -7 them and Cavalry hit +1 Init 2nd SE Pz 3H in the city -5 me -3 them. :evil:

Destroyed 2 T-34/40’s, T-60, BT-5, and Cavalry.
Day 7 ai CA:
Arty nicked Panzerjaeger; Conscript hit by arty trap; BT_7 hit Kradschutzen -5 me; and Conscript seized Medneva.

Destroyed Cavalry, BA-10, 76.2mm arty, Conscript, and BA-10.
Day 8 ai CA:
nothing

Seized Issa and airfield near Sveklino.
Destroyed Reg Inf, BT-7, and 37mm AA.
31st Wurfrahmen was awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 9 ai CA:
Nothing

Seized Pytalovo.
Destroyed Reg Inf, 45mm AT, and BA-10.
Day 10 ai CA:
AA hit +1 Init Fighter -3 me; KV-1A and T-60 hit +1 Init 2nd Px3F leaving me with 3 Str left :shock: :evil: :(
And Conscript was ambushed by our Gebirsjaeger -1 me -5 them

Day 11: Cloudy
Seized Vorontsovo and Dubki.
Destroyed T-60, KV-1A, and Conscript.
Day 11 ai CA:
All attacks were stymied with no damage to me. :twisted:

Destroyed 3 Conscript’s, T-60, T-34/40.
Day 12 ai CA:
Artillery hit Helmut Wirnsberger -4 me. :(

Seized Medneva and Yudino.
Destroyed Conscript, 203mm Arty, and 85mm AA.
Day 13 ai CA:
KV-1A hit Flammpanzer -3 me and 85mm hit 3rd SE Pz3H -3 me and 5 them.

Seized Nov Usitva and airfield next to Ostrov.
Destroyed 3 BT-5’s, 85mm AA, KV-1A, 2 85mm AT’s, Conscript, 122mm arty.
22nd 88 awarded +3 Def Hero. Bummer, great hero just not on the best unit. :roll:
Day 14 ai CA:
Nothing

Destroyed Reg Inf.
Day 15 ai CA:
Conscript attacked but were stymied by artillery -3 me to my +3 Def AA.

Destroyed 5 Conscripts.
19th Flamm awarded +2 Def Hero.
Day 16-18 ai CA:
Nothing for the rest of the battle.

Destroyed 45mm AT.
Seized Ostrov
Destroyed 2 45mm AT’s.

Day 18 ai CA:
45mm AT hit Flamm -4 me -7 them.

Decisive Victory with 27404 ending Prestige (Crap! That is 11,000 less than when I went to Kiev in my Field Marshall round. I really have to stop this bleeding.)

Next will be Novgorod with 28904.
I am hoping that I can limit the amount I am spending but I really want to retain my experience at this point. I am still hoping to end with at least 38000 which would be just under 10000 of my Field Marshall run.

I got a little too cocky toward the end of this run and did not properly back up some of my units, so I took more damage than I should have, but my experience and kill count is through the roof. Definitely a time for our experienced forces to shine. I am almost at a point where buying additional forces is unnecessary and simply building up current force with current heroes is more advantageous. I believe.
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Manstein Novgorod 2nd time (I plan on sending both replays to Hurly, just thought I could do a beter job so I replayed)
Was unsatisfied with my 1st try so tried again, you can watch the first if you want because I sent to my good buddy Hurly. (Thanks for posting buddy)
Starting prestige 28904 after replacements 28574, some Overstrengthening 27831.

Bringing in the air 4 Fighter’s inc 2 +2 Def, +1 Att, and +1 Init Fighter’s; 2 Tac Bombers inc +2 Att/+2 Def and +2 Def, and Uber Rudel Fgtr Bomb, and finally 1 Henkel.
Around Tolmachevo brought: Green Gebirsjaeger; +2 Def Pioniere, 2 17.5cm arty’s, +1 Movement Nebelwerfer, +2 Att/+2 Def Sturmpanzer; +3 Att AA; 4th SE Pz 4F, +2 Att 1st SE Pz3H; Heinz Rondorf; +1 Att Char-B1, and Panzerjaeger.
Around Luga: Helmut Weinsberger, +2 Att 17.5 cm arty, +1 Def Sturmpanzer, Wurfrahmen, 3rd SE Pz3H.
Around Retyun: Nebelwerfer, +1 Movement 17.5cm arty, Wurfrahmen, Flammpanzer, Char-B1; KV-1B, 2nd SE +1 Initiative SE Pz3H.

Battle Report:
Day 1: Sunny (94% soft cap Uh-Oh this is way too early to run into this)
Seized Melkovichi.
Destroyed BT-5, 76.2mm arty, Conscript, and I-16.
Day 1 ai CA:
All attacks ineffective. Yes!!! :twisted:

Day 2: Sunny (94%)
Seized Torkovichi and Oredezh.
Destroyed I-16, Pe-2, BT-5, Conscript, and 76.2 mm arty.
Day 2 ai CA:
Fighter nicked Nebelwerfer.

Day 3: Sunny (95%)
Seized Batetskiy.
Destroyed LaGG-3, Yak-1, 37mm AA, 76.2mm arty, Conscript, Cavalry, Mt. Inf, and KV-1B.
Heinz Rondorf awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 3 ai CA:
AA nicked +2 Def Tac Bomber

Day 4: Sunny (96%)
Destroyed BA-10, T-26S, Mt. Inf, and BT-5.
+1 Att 37th Pioniere awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.
36th Wurfrahmen awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 4 -6 ai CA:
Nothing

Day 5: Sunny (97%)
Seized Zakib’e.
Destroyed T-60 and Conscript.
+1 Init 30th Fighter awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.

Day 6: Cloudy (97%)
Seized Ogorel’e.
Destroyed Conscript and 45mm AT.
+1 Def 12th Sturmpanzer awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.
Bought 1 regular Reps for +2 Att/+2 Def Tac Bomber.

Day 7: Cloudy (97%)
Seized Central Main Airfield.
Destroyed T-60, 85mm AA, and Conscript.
Day 7 ai CA:
KV-1A hit +1 Init 2nd SE Pz3H -3 each.

Day 8: Sunny (97%)
Seized Airfield South West of Volkhov River and the one to the East of the river of the Tigoda River.
Destroyed 122mm arty, Conscript, KV-1A, and 45mm AT.
3rd SE Pz3H awarded with a +3 Att hero. :twisted: 8) 8)
Day 8 ai CA:
KV-1B hit Flamm -7 me -1 them Yuck :oops:

Day 9: Rainy (100)
Seized Roglitsy and backed out of Cntral Airfield to instigate a trap.
Destroyed Mtn Inf.
Day 9 ai CA:
T-60 just about died retaking Central airfield and KV-1B hit Char B-1 guarded by Wurfrahmen -2 me -1 them.

Day 10: Cloudy
Retook Central Airfield and seized Chudovo.
Destroyed KV-1B, 2 T-60’s, and Cavalry.
Day 10 ai CA:
Arty hit green Gebirsjaeger -3 me.

Seized Velegoshi and Tesovskiy.
Destroyed 45mm AT, BT-7, Cavalry, T-26S, and BA-10.
Day 11 ai CA:
nothing

Seized Vysokoye.
Destroyed Reg Inf, 2 T-26s’s, and T-60.
Day 12 ai CA:
KV-2 hit +1 Init 2nd SE Pz3H -3 each.

Uber Rudel awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.
Day 13 ai CA:
nothing

Day 14: Cloudy
Destroyed 2 85mm AA’s.
Day 14 ai CA:
KV-2 hit +1 Def Sturmpanzer -1 me

Seized Zmeysko.
Destroyed Reg Inf, KV-2, and 152mm arty.
Day 15-19 ai CA:
nothing

Destroyed 122mm arty and 37mm AA.
Day 17: Cloudy
Seized part of Novgorod.
Destroyed Reg Inf.
KV-1B awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Seized Bronnitse.
Destroyed Paratroopers, Conscript, and Bridge Engineer.
Day 19: Rainy
Seized the rest of Novgorod.
Destroyed the rest.
Awarded another T-34/40.

Decisive Victory with 29159 ending Prestige costly advance and I want 30k (Now with 12,000 less than Field Marshall run. :oops:)

Advancing towards Leningrad with 30659, Yay! Finally at 30k.

goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Manstein Leningrad 1st Time :D
This is a fun one.

Starting prestige 30659 after replacements 30258 and some Overstrengthening 29855.

Bringing in the air 4 Fighter’s inc +1 Init Fighter, +1 Att, and both +2 Def; also brought 3 Bf-110D’s inc +3 Def; Helmut Lent and Uber Rudel, along with +2 Def and +2 Att Junkers including 2 Henkel’s.
On the Ground Brought: 3 17cm arty’s inc +1 Movement and +3 Att; Nebelwerfer; 2 Wurfrahmens; +1 Def Sturmpanzer; +2 Att/+2 Def Sturmpanzer; +3 Att 88; 2 Green Gebirsjaeger’s; Helmut Wirnsberger; +1 Spotting Kradschutzen; Panzerjaeger; and 9 tanks including 2 Char B-1’s inc +1 Att; 2 Flammpanzer’s inc Heinz Rondorf (Actually kept Heinz Rondorf until later to keep down soft cap); 4 SE Pz’s; KV-1B. (99% soft cap)

Battle Report:
Day 1: Sunny (99)
Nothing but movement
Day 1 ai CA:
Fighter trap worked -6 them. :twisted:

Day 2: Cloudy 99%
Destroyed I-16 and 45mm AT.
Day 2 ai CA:
Another Fighter trap sprung -8 them; Lieutenant Kolobanov hit KV-1B -3 me -2 them; KV-1A hit Panzerjaeger -2 me -6 them.

Day 3: Sunny 100%
Seized Krasnogvardeysk and Cheremykino.
Destroyed Pe-8, BT-7, Yak-1, I-16, KV-1A, Lieutenant Kolobonov, BA-10, and T-26S.
Brought out StuG3B instead of Heinz Rondorf, much easier on soft cap. (98)
Day 3 ai CA:
T-26S tried hitting 6th Gebirsjaeger but stopped by arty -4 them; another Fighter Trap -8 them; AA hit +3 Def Fighter/Bmbr -2 me; KV-1A hit Panzerjaeger -2 me – 4 them; Conscript hit +1 Init 2nd SE Pz guarded by unseen arty -7 them -1 me.

Day 4: Sunny 100% and from here on out
Seized airfield South of Ropsha.
Destroyed KV-1A, LAGG-3, T-26S, 37mm AA, Conscript, Mtn Troop, and 76.2mm arty.
+3 Att 88 awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.
Day 4 ai CA:
Nothing

Destroyed reg. Inf.
Day 5 ai CA:
2 tanks tried hitting Pz4 but both were stopped by arty

Seized Ropsha.
Destroyed Mtn Inf.
Day 6 ai CA:
Conscript tried attacking but stopped by arty.

Seized Sector A Artillery Zone (11,9)
Destroyed T-34/41, 2 Reg Inf’s, and Conscript.
2nd Char B-1 awarded +3 Def Hero. 8)
4th SE Pz4F awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 7 ai CA:
KV-1A hit +1 Att Char B-1 -4 me -1 them; Conscript ambushed by 3rd SE Pz 3H +3 Att and guarded by Nebelwerfer -10 them :twisted: ; Conscript hit 26th Gebirsjaeger guarded by arty -4 me -8 them.

Day 8: Cloudy
Seized Konnmunar and Sector A Artillery Zone (14,11)
Destroyed 2 Conscript’s and Reg Inf.
Day 8 ai CA:
Battleship hit Green Gebirsjaeger and BT-5 also guarded by arty -3 me -1 them; Mtn Inf hit +3 Att 3rd SE Pz3H in city guarded by Wurfrahmen -6 them -1 me.

Seized Petrodvorets.
Destroyed 2 Mtn Inf’s, Reg Inf, BT-5, and T-34/40.
Day 9 ai CA:
KV-1A hit Siege arty guarded by 2 arty’s -1 each; Conscript hit Siege arty guarded by arty -6 me; Battleship nicked Init Gebirsjaeger.

Seized Sector A Artillery Zone (9,7).
Destroyed KV-1A, 45mm AT, and Conscript.
Bought 5 reg reps for 26th Gebirsjaeger.
Day 10 – 12 ai CA:
Nothing

Destroyed T-34/40 and BT-7.
Seized airfield next to Tosno and Sector A Artillery Zone (17,10)
Destroyed Conscript, BA-10, T-34/40, Reg Inf, Mtn Inf, and 45mm AT.

Seized Tosno.
Destroyed T-26S, 76.2mm arty, 3 Mtn Inf’s, and 37mm AT.
Day 13 ai CA:
Arty and 45mm AT hit Sturmpanzer -5 me -1 them.

Seized Lebyazhye and Lononosov.
Destroyed Conscript and 2 Reg Inf’s.
Day 14 ai CA:
AA nicked Uber Rudel

Day 15: Cloudy
Seized Kolpino and Nikol’skoye
Destroyed T-34/40 and Reg Inf.
Bought 2 Reg reps for +2 Att/+2Def Sturmpanzer
Day 15 ai CA:
Arty nicked Nebelwerfer.

Destroyed 205mm arty, 37mm AA, Regular Inf, and 45mm AT.
Helmut Wirnsberger awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 16 ai CA:
T-34/41 hit +3 Att Pz3H -4 them -3 me.

Destroyed 45mm AT and Conscript.
+2 Att arty awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.
Day 17 ai CA:
85mm AA hit Henkel -4 me and T-34/41 Self Emulated on my +1 Att Char B. :roll:

Seized Otradnoye
Destroyed 2 45mm AT’s and 76.2mm arty.
Day 18 ai CA:
AA hit Uber Rudel -3 me

Day 19: Sunny
Seized airfield (24,6)
Destroyed 2 Bridge Engineer’s.
Day 19 ai CA:
AA hit +3 Def Fighter/BmBR -3 me

Seized Pavlovo.
Destroyed 45mm AT, KV-2, and T-26S.
Day 20 ai CA:
AA hit Henkel -5 me

Day 21: Sunny
Seized Kirovsk.
Destroyed 45mm AT, Bridge Engineer, 85mm AT, and Reg Inf.

Decisive Victory with 31665 ending Prestige

Next will be Vyazma with 33415.
I will be following a very similar path that Night Phoenix did in his excellent playthrough to push forward around central Vyazma instead of getting bogged down before pushing forward to ensure Decisive Victory so I can playthrough Streets of Moscow, but that is for a later post...until then Stay Lutheran My Friends. ;)
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Manstein Vyazma 2nd time
Started over after Day 5 being unsatisfactory. :(
Starting prestige 33415 after replacements 33034, some Overstrengthening 32189 and then after upgrades 31809. (Upgraded all Bf-110D’s to F’s and Albert Kerscher to Pz4F)

Bringing in the air 4 Fighter’s inc +2 Def, +3 Def, +3 Att, and +1 Init Fighter’s; 4 Fgtr Bombers +3 Att, +3 Def, Helmut Lent, Uber Rudel.
Around Zhirkovskiy brought: Nebelwerfer; Wurfrahmen; +3 Att 17.5cm arty; +2 Att/+2 Def Sturmpanzer; KV-1B; Flammpanzer; +3 Att 3rd SE Pz3H; 4th SE Pz 4F; +1 Movement 88; +1 Spot Kradschutzen; +3 Def Grenadier; and Oleh Dir.
Bringing near Yelnya: +2 Def Pioniere; +1 Att Pioniere; Heinz Rondorf; Helmut Weinsberger; Albert Kerscher; +2 Att 1st SE Pz3H; 2nd SE +1 Initiative SE Pz3H; +3 Att AA; +1 Movement 17.5cm arty; +1 Movement Nebelwerfer; Wurfrahmen; +2 Att 17.5 cm arty; and +1 Def Sturmpanzer.

Actually holding back both Pioniere’s and +2 Att Panzer until later to maximize prestige earned.

Battle Report:
Day 1: Rainy (98% still hitting soft cap with 3 units absent. Wow!)
Seized Zhirkovskiy and Yelnya.
Destroyed Reg Inf and 76.2mm arty.
Brought out 2 additional Pioniere’s and +2 Att Pz3H.
Day 1 ai CA:
BT-7 ambushed by KV-1B -4 them -0 me. (That is it. :))

Day 2: Rainy (85%)
Destroyed BT-5 and T-34/40.
Day 2 ai CA:
Nothing but 1 attack stopped by arty.

Day 3: Sunny (85%)
Pressuring Ugra.
Destroyed 76.2mm arty, 37mm AA, 2 I-16’s and Pe-8.
Day 3 ai CA:
T-26S was ambushed by KV-1B -7 them -1 me and KV-1B hit +2 Att Pz3H -4 me -1 them.

Day 4: Rainy (88%)
Seized Ugra
Destroyed Reg Inf and T-26S.
Bought 1 reg rep for +2 Att Pz3H.
Day 4 ai CA:
T-26S ambushed by KV-1B -8 them -0 me and KV-1B hit +2 Att Pz3H guarded by 2 artys -1 them -2 me.

Day 5: Sunny (89%)
Seized airfield near Ugra and pressuring Sychyovka.
Destroyed T-34/40, T-26S, KV-1B, Mtn Inf, 45mm AT, and Conscript.
Day 5 ai CA:
Bomber hit in Fighter Trap -7 them and Cavalry hit Helmut Weinsberger guarded by unseen arty -13 them.

Day 6: Cloudy (89%)
Seized airfield next to Sychyovka and seized Zharkovskiy and even pressuring Yukhnov.
Destroyed Pe-8, M1939AA, Mtn Inf, and Cavalry.
Day 6 ai CA:
The Counter attack from Kaluga. :shock: :( :cry:
T-34/40 hit +1 Initiative Pz3H -1 me -3 them but all other attacks were stopped by artys. :)

Day 7: Cloudy (90%)
Seized Nikol’skoye and Sychyovka.
Destroyed T-34/40, BT-5, and 2 Conscript’s.
Day 7 ai CA:
BA-10 and Cavalry hit +2 Att 17cm arty guarded by Sturmpanzer -11 them -2 me.

Day 8: Cloudy (91%)
Seized Belyj.
Destroyed Cavalry and BA-10.
+1 Init 2nd SE Pz3H awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.
Day 8 ai CA:
T-26S and Cavalry hit +2 Def 39th Pioniere -7 me -4 them.

Day 9: Rainy (94)
Destroyed 45mm AT, Cavalry, and T-26S.
+3 Att BA 3rd 17cm arty awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.
Day 9 ai CA:
BA-10 ambushed by Helmut Weinsberger guarded by 2 arty’s -4 them and BT-5 hit +1 Movement arty -3 me -2 them.

Day 10: Cloudy (98)
Seized Volokolansk and pressuring Ruza and Mozhaysk.
Destroyed 2 BT-5’s and BA-10.
+2 Att 1st SE Pz awarded +1 Initiative 2nd hero 8)
Day 10 ai CA:
Conscript hit +2 Att Pz3H -3 me -5 them.

Day 11: Rainy (100)
Seized Yukhnov and pressuring Medyn.
Destroyed Reg Inf.
Day 11 ai CA:
nothing

Pressuring Kaluga.
Destroyed 37mm AA.
+3 Att 3rd SE Pz3H awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.
Day 12 ai CA:
nothing

Day 13: Cloudy
Seized Kaluga and Medyn and beginning to pressure Medyn.
Destroyed Mtn Inf. And 2 Conscript’s.
Day 13 ai CA:
Arty nicked Oleh Dir.

Day 14: Cloudy (94)
Seized Obninsk, Ruza, and pressuring Zvenigorod.
Destroyed 122mm arty, Conscript, and Engineer’s.
Awarded a KV-1A for seizing Kaluga.
8th Flammpanzer awarded a +1 Movement Hero. 8)
Day 14 ai CA:
Caught Train and Conscript in a nice little ambush trap, but their Cavalry seized Nikol’skoye.

Day 15: Sunny (94)
Seized airfield next to Volokolansk and Mozhaysk.
Destroyed armored Train, 85mm AT, and 2 Conscripts.
Day 15 ai CA:
KV-2 hit Albert Kerscher -1 them -2 me.

Day 16: Sunny (94)
Seized airfield near Moscow and next to Vyazma, as well as Zvenigorod.
Destroyed 85mm AT, Reg Inf, and Cavalry.
Day 16 ai CA:
T-26S tried hitting my Wurfrahmen but was stopped by 2 unseen arty’s. :twisted:
KV-1B hit +2 Att/+1 Init 1st SE Pz3H -2 me -4 them.

Day 17: Sunny (94)
Seized part of Moscow and retook Nikol’skoye.
Destroyed Cavalry, T-26S, T-34/40, KV-1B, 76.2mm arty.
Wurfrahmen awarded +3 Def hero 8)
Day 17 ai CA:
nothing

Day 18: Rainy (94)
Seized another part of Moscow.
Destroyed 152mm arty.
Day 18 ai CA:
BA-10 stopped by 2 arty’s, Conscript hit +3 Att 88 guarded by Sturmpanzer -2 me -6 them.

Day 19: Cloudy (97)
Destroyed 3 Conscripts, KV-2, BA-10, and Reg Inf.
Day 19 ai CA:
Entire Counter attack stopped by arty

Day 20: Sunny (97)
Seized rest of Moscow.
Destroyed 3 Conscripts and Reg inf.

Decisive Victory with 34341 ending Prestige almost destroyed it all only 4 pieces leftb]

Streets of Moscow with 36282 next time, definitely want to follow the strategy laid out by Night Phoenix for beating Vyazma, as it proved very profitable even at Manstein level. (Let’s see how I do in Moscow at this level) :oops:

goose_2

hurly

Post by hurly »

Manstein also zooming in on 1942 east

(30.06.2017) Vyazma, Turn 20 Manstein 2nd time.zip
(83.9 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Rayrard wrote:The good news is that you should have little difficulty winning GC41 on Manstein as I did it and it was really no problem getting DV's.

Rayrard, buddy?
I got to know, how did you do Streets of Moscow for the Decisive? What was your army make up and did you simply focus on getting the objectives, instead of going after the 2ndary objectives, I just had to have that KV-1B.

Let me know your secrets. Thanks ;) :mrgreen:

Manstein Streets of Moscow Several times and 1 round totally cheated to make this doable :oops:
This was extremely, extremely, hard which I tried and tried, and tried to do straight through with no luck so dis first day over and over until first day was perfect and 17th day did this day over and over to make it doable. Other than those 2 days played straight through.

Starting prestige 36282 (44669 on FM) after replacements 35955 and some Overstrengthening 35359 and upgrades 35283. Upgraded two Junkers from R’s to D’s.

Bringing in the air 3 Fighter’s inc Heinrich Bar, +3 Att, and +3 Def; also brought 3 Bf-110D’s inc +3 Def; Helmut Lent and Uber Rudel, along with +2 Def /+2 Att and +2 Att Junkers and 1 Henkel.
Around Vidnoye brought: +1 Movement Flammpanzer; Albert Kerscher; Oleh Dir; +1 Movement 17.5cm arty; +2 Att/+2 Def Sturmpanzer; +3 Att 3rd SE Pz3H.
Around Southeastern District brought: +3 Def Wurfrahmen; +1 Def Sturmpanzer; +1 Initiative Gebirsjaeger; +3 Def Gebirsjaeger; +1 Movement Nebelwerfer.
Around Central District brought: 4th SE Pz 4F; Wurfrahmen; +3 Att 88; +1 Movement 88; +2 Att 17.5 cm arty.
Around West District brought: +3 Att 17.5cm arty; +1 Att Pioniere; +3 Def Grenadier; Helmut Weinsberger; Heinz Rondorf; +2 Att Gebirsjaeger; and Nebelwerfer.
One peripherals: KV-1B and 1st and 2nd SE Pz3H’s.
(96% soft cap)

Battle Report:
Day 1: Sunny (96)
Seized Central District (18,20)
Destroyed 2 BT-7’s and T-34/40’s.
Day 1 ai CA:
Bomber trap worked: Fighter nicked Pioniere

Day 2: Sunny 89%
Seized Rail Depot (15,15)
Destroyed Yak-1, 2 T-26S, BT-7, Pe-2, T-34/40, Conscript, and Train.
Awarded Otto Kittel
Day 2 ai CA:
T-26S hit +3 Def Gebirsjaeger guarded by Wurfrahmen -1 me -3 them. (+3 Def Geb awarded Iron Cross 1st Class for this) T-34/40 hit 2nd SE Pz 3H -4 them -3 me.

Day 3: Snowy 89%
Seized Southern District (18, 18).
Destroyed T-26S, 2 Strongpoints, and 76.2mm arty.
Brought out StuG3B instead of Heinz Rondorf, much easier on soft cap. (98)
Day 3 ai CA:
Nothing

Day 4: Cloudy 90%
Seized Southern District (22,24).
Destroyed Conscript, BT-7, T-34/40, and 2 76.2mm artys.
+3 Att 88 awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.
Day 4 ai CA:
Arty and Conscript hit +1 Movement 88 -4 me -3 them; T-34/41 hit +2 att/1 Init 1st SE Pz3H -2 each.

Day 5: Sunny 93%
Destroyed T-34/41, 45mm AT, 2 Conscript’s, and 122mm arty.
36th Wurfrahmen awarded +1 Range hero. YES!!! 8) :twisted:
Bought 3 elite reps for +1 Init 2nd SE Pz3H
Day 5 ai CA:
T-34/41 hit +1 Init Gebirsjaeger -3 me -5 them

Day6: Sunny 94%
Seized 3 Rail Depots and South East District, and pressuring Krasnogorsk, and Eastern District.
Destroyed 45mm AT, 3 Trains, T-34/41, and Reg Inf.
Day 6 ai CA:
T-34/41 hit +1 Init 2nd SE Pz3H -4 me -3 them

Day 7: Sunny 94%
Destroyed 2 T-60’s, Katyusha, and Strongpoint.
Bought 1 reg rep for +1 Init 2nd SE Pz3H.
Day 7 ai CA:
+1 Movement 88 reduced to 3 Str Katyusha; 85mm hit Henkel -5 me; AA hit Uber Rudel -1 me.

Day 8: Sunny 100%
Destroyed Conscript, 3 Guards, Katyusha, T-34/41.
Bought 2 Elite for +1 Init 2nd SE Pz 3H
Day 8 ai CA:
Arty and Conscript hit Helmut Weinsberger leaving me with 1 Str.

Day 9: Sunny 100%
Seized Zheleznodorozhny and nearby airfield.
Destroyed 37mm AA, T-60, Conscript, and Reg Inf.
Bought 1 reg rep for Nebelwerfer.
Day 9 ai CA:
AA hit Uber Rudel -1 me.

Day 10: Snowy 100%
Seized Eastern District.
Destroyed T-34/40.
Bought 4 reg reps for Henkel and 1 reg rep for 4th SE Pz4F.
Day 10 ai CA:
Nothing

Day 11: Snowy 100%
Seized Rail Depot North of Eastern District.
Destroyed 45mm AT and Train.
Day 11 ai CA:
T-60 and 85mm hit +1 Init Gebirsjaeger. -2 me

Day 12: Cloudy 100
Seized airfield South of Balashikha.
Destroyed Conscript, T-60, Yak-1, Katyusha, and 37mm AA.
Day 12 ai CA:
Enemy seized Rail Depot near Kremlin.

Seized Krasnogorsk and Khimki.
Destroyed Cavalry, Guards.
Bought 2 Elite Reps for 1st SE Pz3H.
Day 13 and 14 ai CA: Nothing

Day 14: Snowy
Destroyed Guards.

Pressuring Northern District and seized Balashikha.
Destroyed Guards and Yak-1.
Awarded T-34/40 for seizing Krasnogorsk, and moving unit out of the way.
Day 15 ai CA:
KV-1B hit 4th SE Pz4F -5 me; Guards hit +3 Def Gebirsjaeger guarded by arty -4 them -1 me.

Day 16: Snowy
(This is the round that I did major cheating as loaded and reloaded several times to garner best results from various individual battles. :oops: Sorry, I felt it was necessary, after attempting this battle so many stinking times, and getting this far.
Bought a lot this round 2 Elite reps for 2nd SE Pz3H; 7 Elite for +1 Movement 88; 1 Reg Rep for Pioniere; 4 Elite for +2 Att Gebirsjaeger.
Pressuring NE District.
Destroyed Guards, 122mm arty.
+1 Movement Flammpanzer awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.
Day 16 ai CA:
Nothing, every other time I did not do the crazy loading and reloading I was getting butt smacked.

Day 17: Cloudy (96)
Destroyed Pe-2, KV-1B, T-34/41.
Bought 5 Elite reps for SE Pz4F.
Day 17 ai CA:
KV-1B hit Albert Kerscher -2 each and Katyusha nicked arty.

Day 18: Snowy (97)
Destroyed Guards, T-34/41, and Katyusha.
Bought 1 reg rep for Albert Kerscher, KV-1B, and 1st SE Pz3H.
Day 18 ai CA:
KV-1B hit Albert Kerscher -1 me -2 them.

Day 19: Snowy (97)
Seized Northernmost airfield
Destroyed 37mm AA.
Bought 1 more regular rep for Albert Kerscher.
Day 19 ai CA:
2 attacks stopped by unseen arty.

Day 20: Sunny (89)
Awarded KV-1B for seizing Northernmost airfield
Destroyed KV-1B, 76.2mm arty, and 2 Conscripts.
Day 20 ai CA:
Nothing

Day 21: Sunny (89)
Seized Northern District.
Destroyed 2 Conscripts and Engineers.
Day 21 ai CA:
KV-5 hit Heinz Rondorf -2 me -1 them.

Day 22: Sunny (90)
Seized Northern District and nearby Rail Depot.
Destroyed Train, Engineers, and KV-5.
Day 22 – 24: ai CA Nothing

Day 23: Sunny (90)
Seized North Eastern District.
Destroyed T-26S, 45mm AT, 3 Conscripts, and Train.
Day 24: Sunny (90)
Seized another Rail Depot
Destroyed KV-2, KV-1A, and 152mm arty.

Marginal Victory with 36781 ending Prestige

3more turns and it all would have been mine, maybe I needed to dig deeper and spend more on overstrength to get this to be a Decisive without cheating. I felt really stupid doing that and bad but it is done now and I have moved on, just coming clean here and moving forward. Man this game is hard. That is why I love it so very much. :D :D :D :mrgreen:

Next will be Demyansk Pocket with 38161.
I am actually into 1942 and need to catch up on my typing, but these take so much time. :oops:
goose_2

Rayrard

Post by Rayrard »

goose_2 wrote:

Rayrard, buddy?
I got to know, how did you do Streets of Moscow for the Decisive? What was your army make up and did you simply focus on getting the objectives, instead of going after the 2ndary objectives, I just had to have that KV-1B.

Let me know your secrets. Thanks ;) :mrgreen:
To be honest I was playing the 41 campaign ALONE on Manstein for the steam achievement (other years were at easier diffculties), and I wasn't trying to conserve prestige like you are. So by that stage in the GC I had maxed out unit experience and strength so I fielded all full overstrength units in Moscow. 13 strength units backed by equally strong artillery will stop all Soviet attacks, and the Soviet artillery is weak in Moscow anyway. The city with the Guards unit on the left flank is the hard nut to crack, but the rest is simply slogging through the city. A strong airforce helps with the tanks, and the tanks won't attack in city hexes against infantry.

I definitely won the battle but I don't recall how much of the city I took. I doubt I got the free T34 in the northwest but I def got the free KV-1

Return to “Panzer Corps : AAR's”