Grand Campaign East 39-45 Manstein level

Battle Reports & After Action Reports (AAR's)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Re: Grand Campaign East 39-45 Manstein level

Post by goose_2 »

[quote="Rayrard"]So you took out a Modlin Fortress? The AAR says you took out a fortress but I see no losses indicating you got in range of the main fortresses. There is a second 40mm AA to the south so I guess you went around the east. One shot from the main fortress would have wrecked anything in artillery range.

quote]

How did I get a Modlin Fortress without actually getting in range of their guns?
By bombing the stuffing out of it.
I kept getting nicks occasionally from my Strat Bombing of that Fortress and when it was suppressed enough I would try taking pot shots at it with my Tac Bombers. I took a couple of nicks myself from the Fortress on said Tac Bombers, but it felt good to actually destroy at least one of the Buggers. :twisted:
You also ask about the 40mm AA.
Yes I swung around East with my recon, Oleh Dir, and a Sturmpanzer.
I was able to get the Southernmost airfield which only had a 10 str aa on it. I did not even attempt to go after the other 17str AA with that insane Modlin Fortress their ready to pound any and all who come before it's might. :oops:

More on your thoughts for Warsaw later.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Rayrard wrote:
Warsaw you only need 4 for a marginal. I would send a single infantry and ALL the aux units around for the artillery hexes and keep your infantry and artillery concentrated on one side of Warsaw. Ignore the entire other side as they won't do much offensive action there. The attack from the southwest is best for the west side of the river victory hexes, because the other 3 hexes are on the east side and you can't deploy over there. You can focus on taking the west side of the city with a concentrated battlegroup backed by all the artillery you have at full overstrength. Do all artillery and infantry and maybe two fighters and a 110 because they have 4 aircraft in Warsaw and you can't let the artillery get weakened. Just slowly grind out the advance focusing on the three western hexes and wait until you get all the artillery pieces. They use the entire eastern force and aux forces with the artillery to get ONE of the eastern victory hexes (the southernmost one nearest the river would be easy to isolate). If you have any extra time you can drive to the northeast and cross the river.

Ok now for a more detailed response to your 2nd bit of advice.
I am on my 3rd attempt to do Warsaw on Manstein. (I am considering scrapping my 3rd and starting for a 4th time, but I will get to that.)

My 1st attempt was me quipped with the wrong army as I concentrated solely on swinging to the East from the North and South and then I was going to press forward to seize Warsaw with ,my overwhelming number of arty, but I brought essentially the same army I did in Guderian, which was great there but not on Manstein level.
My 2nd attempt was more well thought out and I went with more seasoned group of units and focused 1 Battle Group around the North to swing East, a Central Battle Group around Kampinos to work on Northwestern Warsaw and then the Southern Auxiliary Battle Group to swing around east from the South.
Everything was going very well on this 2nd run but everything went to crap once I got close to that 17 Strength 105mm gun they are fielding in the Center of town. It is just a hammer that when used with combination with their 75mm pieces they have defending the various corners of the city it makes for a very painful assault.
It was after losing my SE Gerbisjager that I felt I may be in trouble but when I also lost Oleh Dir I knew this was something I was going to have to retry and avoid that center 105mm arty until I am able to weaken it with some of my planes.

This brings me to my 3rd attempt which I started this morning and after reflecting more on it am probably going to abandon as it just a great big pile of poop.
Sometimes the rolls go well with you, sometimes they don't and the rolls in this playthrough have been atrocious.
Let me give you just one example:
The 15 str Alpini in Maise was surrounded by 3 infantry units and had been fully suppressed. I used my SE Gerbsjager hit him out of the city and this attack left them left the Alpini with 3 str left based on what I was able to destroy with a couple of nicks from my Bf-110a and my artys softened up. This is a great result 3 str left over so why am I writing this, because...
Then I brought up a Recon to seize Maise and hit these 3 Alpini -2 them -1 me...then I hit them with my 10 str inf they survive...then I hit them with my 10 str Oleh Dir and they survive...they survived for 1 more round and they thankfully did not buy replacements so I attacked them with my recon yet again and they survive, so in frustration I hit them with Albert Kerscher and finally they die...

So for this insane roll and for a few others I believe I will start my 4th try this weekend for a complete Decisive Victory as I want to go to Spoils of War. :evil: :roll: :wink: :mrgreen: :twisted:
goose_2

hurly
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by hurly »

added Warsaw North and Spoils of War Replays on Feb 5 2017

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 94#p641894
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Warsaw Manstein 4th Time :oops: :cry: :oops: :P
Starting off with 987 after replacements and overstrength 613.
In the North I am bringing 2 Sturmpanzers, 1 10.5cm arty, Oleh Dir, SE Gerbisjager, Regular Inf w truck, Recon, Albert Kirscher, Fighter, BF-110a.
Around Kampinos I brought 2 Gerbisjagers, 2 10.5cm arty's, Sturmpanzer, 88, Fighter, and Bf-110a.

My goal will be to do something similar to what I did in my Guderian Campaign but with greater ammo and much slower progress, but swinging around to the North with Battle Group in the North and swing South with aux units to capture all Eastern cities capture the arty units and then pressure the SE and central East Portion of Warsaw, while the units near Kampinos begin a slow steady assault on NW Warsaw.

Day 1 Sunny:
Seized Blonie and Plaseczino, and Radzymin as well as NW Airfield.
Destroyed 37mm AT.
Day 1 ai CA:
Fighter fell into Fighter Trap -7 them -1 my Sturmpanzer and 7TP hit Gerbisjager in airfield guarded by Sturmpanzer -2 me -4 them.

Day 2 Sunny:
Seized Gora Kalwaria and Sulejowek.
Destroyed PZL-P.11c and 7TP.
Day 2 ai CA: Nothing

Day 3 Sunny
Seized Miase.
Destroyed NW Polish inf and Alpini.
Bought 2 reg reps for Gerbisjager in NW Airfield.
Day 3 ai CA:
Fighter hit 10.5cm arty -5 me.

Day 4 Sunny:
Seized Stanislawow.
Destroyed PZL-P.11C and NW Polish Inf.
Bought 1 reg rep for Sturmpanzer and awarded 1 aux arty around Miase.
Day 4 ai CA:
Bomber hit recon -1 me.

Day 5 Sunny:
Seized Godka.
Destroyed 2 Alpini's and NW Polish Inf.
Day 5 ai CA:
Bomber hit aux Pz1B -6 me and fighter hit aux Pz1a -3 me, their AA also hit my aux Strat Bomber -2 me.

Day 6 Sunny:
Awarded another Aux arty around Gadka.
Seized Minsk Mazowiecki and it's airfield.
Destroyed Kara Bomber, Alpini, and another NW Polish Inf.
Day 6 ai CA:
TKS hit Sturmpanzer -4 me.

Day 7 Sunny:
Destroyed TKS, PZL-P.11c, and 40mm AA.
Awarded aux arty around Minsk M...
Bought reg reps for various units.
Day 7 ai CA:
AA hit Strat Bomber -1 me; TKS hit arty defended by arty -3 each.

Day 8 Sunny:
Seized Otwock.
Destroyed TKS, NW Polish Inf, and East Central Polish Inf.
1 reg rep for 10.5cm arty, 3 reg reps for SE Gerbisjager, and 1 reg rep for core recon.
Day 8 ai CA:
Arty hit inf -1 me and Strongpoint hit Gerbisjager -5 me -3 them. :oops: :cry: :evil:

Day 9 Sunny:
Just a whole lot of nothing except bought 1 reg rep for 10.5cm arty.
Day 9 ai CA:
AA hit Strat Bomber -2 me and inf hit aux Pz1B -3 me.

Day 10 Sunny:
Seized part of NW Warsaw.
Destroyed NW Strongpoint, as well as SE 75mm arty, SE Pol inf, and even another SE Inf. (Yeah it is coming along.)
Day 10 ai CA: Nothing (That was nice)

Day 11 Sunny
Destroyed NW 75mm arty and SE Cavalry.
Bought 5 reg reps for aux Strat Bomber, 1 Reg Rep for 88, 1 Reg Rep for Wehrmacht, 1 Reg Rep for Albert Kirscher, 4 reg reps for aux Pz1a, 2 reg reps for aux Recon, and 1 reg rep for Oleh Dir. (This was an expensive round)
29th Gerbisjager awarded +2 Att Hero. :D
Day 11 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed aux Pz1b and nicked aux inf.

Day 12 Sunny:
Seized Main North West Warsaw, Rail Station, and all of South Eastern Warsaw and even Central Eastern Warsaw. (It is all coming together) :twisted:
Destroyed NW Polish Inf, SE Strongpoint, SE Pol Inf.
1 reg rep auz arty and 4 reg reps for aux Inf.
26th Gerbisjager awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 12 ai CA:
AA Hit Strat Bomber -2 me and Enemy destroyed the Auxiliary inf in the Rail Center and retook it.

Day 13 Sunny:
Retook Rail Center.
Destroyed 7TP, 40mm AA, 105mm arty, Central Polish Infantry, and NE 75mm arty.
Bought 2 reg reps for my 88.
Day 13 ai CA:
Mtn Inf hit Gerbisjager -1 me - 7 them.

Day 14 Sunny:
Seized Warsaw City Center.
Destroyed Mtn. Troop.
1 Reg Rep for +2 Att Gerbisjager; 2 Reg Reps for core Wehrmacht; and 1 reg rep for core Recon.
Day 14 ai CA:
Arty hit my Core Polish arty -3 me. :(

Day 15 Sunny:
Seized all of Central Warsaw and even Downtown Warsaw.
Destroyed 2 Central polish Cavalry, SW 75mm arty, and TKS.
22nd and 21st Bf110c awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 15 ai CA:
AA hit aux Strat Bomber and they bought a 105mm arty in a very vulnerable spot. :twisted:

Day 16 Sunny:
Seized NorthEastern Warsaw.
Destroyed Central Cavalry, 105mm arty, NE Inf.
Day 16 ai CA:
AA hit fighter -1 me; Enemy went hard after aux Pz1B and destroyed it; Polish inf retook NE Warsaw and hit Core Inf -7 them -1 me.
They bought 2 new TKS units.

Day 17 Sunny:
Reseized NE Warsaw.
Destroyed TKS, SW Polish Inf. and NE Polish Inf.
Day 17 ai CA:
Wow!
A bunch of pretty good attacks from a dying enemy but no units completely lost just a bunch of nicks all across the board and they once again reseized NE Warsaw and even Central Warsaw and they bought another TKS.

Day 18 Sunny:
Destroyed 2 TKS units, NE Polish Inf, and SW Strongpoint.
17th arty awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Seized Southern and Northern Airfield and even reseized Central Warsaw and NE Warsaw.
Day 18 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed aux Recon and reseized Southern Airfield, along with a few other minor attacks.

Day 19 Sunny:
Seized portion of SW Warsaw.
Destroyed 40mm AA and SW Polish Inf.
Sturmpanzer awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 19 ai CA:
Nothing.

Day 20 Sunny:
Seized all last objectives including NE Warsaw and SW Warsaw.
Destroyed NE Strongpoint, 40mm AA, 2 SW Polish Inf's.

Decisive Victory 2278

I took over everything and destroyed all but 2 infantry units. That felt great as this was an extremely hard battle.

Next Spoils of War with 2978 in prestige I am not necessarily that concerned with getting a Decisive Victory as much as increasing units experience and minimize loss.

We shall see how I do.
goose_2

milliethedog
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by milliethedog »

Hi Goose,
Well done ! I hate that game, impressed you took the fort. I am almost finished my run through and I need to try at these levels, but for a break I think I will do Africa or sealion First.

Martin
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

milliethedog wrote:Hi Goose,
Well done ! I hate that game, impressed you took the fort. I am almost finished my run through and I need to try at these levels, but for a break I think I will do Africa or sealion First.

Martin
Suppression of the Strongpoints and using those powerful 88's is the key to taking out those pesky strongpoints.

I am in Afrika and enjoying it very much trying a Blind playthrough with Italian challenge and it is quite daunting.
I now have time to give an update on my playthrough here so without further ado...

Spoils of War
This was on my 2nd playthrough which was still pretty dirty but at least I did not lose any units, I think. It came close a couple of times though. :roll:
It makes me fear what I will face when I finally go to Russia. :cry:

Started with 2978 after replacements and new purchases 2441
Bought a new Gerbisjager and Fighter.
Brought 2 Fighters, 2 Fighter Bombers, 1 JU-87B, 3 10.5cm artys, 3 Sturmpanzers, Albert Kerscher, 4 Gerbisjagers including Oleh Dir and my SE Gerbisjager, and a Recon.

Day 1 Sunny:
Seized Wyszkow, Minsk Mazowiecki, Zelechow, and Pilawa.
Day 1 ai CA: Enemy moving forward.

Day 2 Cloudy:
Seized airfield near Zelechow.
Destroyed Reg Inf and 76.2mm arty.
Awarded Helmut Lent, let's hope I can keep him as I lost him in my Grand Campaign last time, I think in 42.
Day 2 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed aux Panzerjager by getting one shotted from one of their Cavalry units. (It is stuff like that happening which scares me the most going into the later years 42 onwards. The thought that my units that I have worked so long and so hard on could just be one shotted like this because all of their units start out with 15 strength is a little intimidating, but go big or go home, right?)
Mt. Troop hit 10.5cm arty guarded by another arty -2 each; Bomber and Regular inf hit Albert Kerscher -3 each.

Day 3 Cloudy:
Seized airfield near Siedlce.
Destroyed Mt. Troop, Pe-2, 122mm arty, and Cavalry unit.
Day 3 ai CA:
Hit aux Cavalry hard for -8; T-26s hit arty guarded by 2 arty's -1 each; and they hit my other aux Panzerjager -8 me. (Any suggestions on protecting these as I plan on buying these in later scenarios to try and build up a few Anti-tank units as my Grand Campaign fielded an extreme shortage of worthy anti tank units. I am hoping to build up at least 6 and am working hard to utilize my 2 3.7cm at's to some success.)

Day 4 Sunny
Seized Siedlce.
Destroyed Mtn Inf.
Bought 9 reg reps for aux Cav and 4 reg reps for Albert Kerscher.
Day 4 ai CA:
T-26s hit polish Arty guarded by arty -2 each; I-16 hit Sturmpanzer -2 me; Reg Inf hit Albert Kerscher -3 me -2 them.

Day 5 Sunny:
Abandoned Zelechow.
Destroyed I-16, T-26s, and BA-10.
88 awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class and 20th JU-87B was awarded the same.
Bought 8 reg reps for aux Cav and aux Panzerjager.
Day 5 ai CA:
Enemy seized Zelechow and BA-10 hit Oleh Dir -3 each.

Day 6 Sunny:
Retook Zelechow.
Destroyed Ba-10, Reg Inf, another BA-10, and even another Reg Inf. (Each kill is an accomplishment as 15 str is difficult to bring down.)
Bought 3 reg reps for Polish arty, 2 for 10.5cm arty, and 2 for Albert Kerscher.
Day 6 ai CA: BT-5, Regular Inf, Engineers all hit Albert Kerscher which left me with 2 Str. and based on that I was awarded the Iron Cross 2nd Class. If I would have lost him there I would have started again, but I didn't. ;))
Cavalry hit Gerbisjager guarded by Sturmpanzer -1 me -11 them. Another attack but against aux units and I forgot to write down the results, to busy concentrating on Albert Kerscher. :oops:

Day 7 Sunny:
Destroyed I-16, BA-10, Reg Inf, and Cavalry.
Bought 1 reg for Gerbisjager, 4 reg for Oleh Dir, 2 for Sturmpanzer, 2 for recon, and 1 for aux Panzerjager.
Day 7 ai CA:
2 T-26s hit Gerbisjager guarded by Sturmpanzer -5 me -3 them. All of their other attacks failed.

Day 8 Cloudy:
Seized Wegrow.
Destroyed BT-5 and 37mm AA.
Bought 5 reg reps for Cavalry and 8 reg reps for Albert Kerscher. (Yeah that brought me down a lot on experience but it gives me the excuse to continue to use him. ;))
Day 8 ai CA:
T-26s hit 10.5cm arty -6 me.

Day 9 Cloudy:
Seized Radzym Podlaski.
Destroyed 76.2mm arty and T-26s.
Bought 1 reg rep for aux cavalry, 6 reg for Gerbisjager, and 4 reg for my Fighter.
Day 9 ai CA:
Regular Inf attacked Cavalry in Wegrow -2 them -3 me; T-26S hit aux Mobil AA guarded by Sturmpanzer -5 each; and I -16 hit aux Cavalry -1 me.

Day 10 Sunny:
Seized Ciechanwiec and Miedzyrzec Podlaski.
Destroyed I-16, Engineers, and T-26s.
Bought 6 reg reps for Arty.
Day 10 ai CA:
Regular inf just one shotted my aux Cavalry -9 me and gone, at least it was an aux unit. :shock: :? :oops: :roll: :wink:
They seized Wegrow.
And again another one of their Cavalry hit my aux Panzerjager -3 me -4 them.

Day 11 Sunny:
Seized Siedke.
Destroyed Engineers, Regular Inf, and another Regular Inf, and their 76.2mm arty.
Day 11 ai CA:
Whoa 2 BT-5's and T-26S hit my SE Gerbisjager guarded by a Sturmpanzer and in the hills -6 damage total on both.

Day 12 Sunny:
Seized Wegrow.
Destroyed Cavalry.
Bought 1 reg rep for Jagdpanzer.
Day 12 ai CA:
Reg Inf hit Mobil AA -4 me -2 them and BT-7 hit Oleh Dir -2 each.

Day 13 Sunny
Seized Siemlatycze and Kleszczkele.
Destroyed BT-7 and Reg Inf.
Bought 7 reg reps for my SE Gerbisjager and 1 for Oleh Dir.
Day 13 ai CA: Nothing (Ah some relief)

Day 14 Rainy:
Seized Biala Podlaska.
Destroyed BT-5.
Day 14 ai CA:
BT-7 ambushed by Albert Kerscher -2 me -3 them and BT-7 unexpectedly came up and hit my Sturmpanzer -7 me. :oops:

Day 15 Sunny:
Uh OH! I see that KV-2. This is not Good. :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Destroyed BT-7 and T-26 S.
Bought 6 reg reps for aux Cavalry.
Day 15 ai CA:
They seized Biala Podlaska and the KV-2 arty hit my 88 for -1.

Day 16 Rainy:
Bought 7 reg reps for Sturmpamnzer, 6 reg reps for Albert Kerscher, and 1 for SE Gerbisjager.
Day 16 ai CA:
Enemy hit aux Cavalry reducing it to 2 Str and enemy piled on reducing my 88 down to 1 str. Yikes! :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil:

Day 17 Cloudy
Retreating where I can and reevaluating what I am to do for the remainder of the units and the rest of this battle.
Day 17 ai CA
Uh OH! Lieutenant Mikhailovich hit Albert Kerscher for -6 me. Yikes! This has been a very costly battle for good ole Albert.

Day 18 Sunny:
Destroyed Cavalry and BT-5.
Day 18 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed aux Cavalry.

Day 19 Sunny:
Destroyed 2 Regular Inf's.
23rd 10.5cm arty awarded Iron Cross 2nd class.
Day 19 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed aux Panzerjager.

Day 20 Sunny:
Destroyed BT-7, Cavalry, and 76.2mm arty.
JU-87B awarded a +1 Movement Hero. Nuts! :evil:
(Those are great heroes on anything but on air force units so, I see them as wasted on them, so I think I will sell him next turn.)
Day 20 and 21 ai CA: Nothing finally a little more relief.

Day 21 Sunny:
Seized Northern Airfield.
And destroyed/Force Surrendered Liutenant Mikhailovich.

Marginal Victory with 3102 in ending prestige.

This was a pretty brutal battle and what a useless hero to get on a bomber. I love movement heroes, but not on flying or recon units.
I will sell and try again.

I thought about retrying for a more successful result, but I did not lose any units and I want to keep this playthrough moving.

Next Oslo where I was awarded another SE Unit, unfortunately it was an SE Gerbisjager so I will be selling because we need Panzers, glorious Panzers.
3702 to play with and some new upgrades to consider.

What to do?
You will fins out next time. ;)

Stay Lutheran My Friends. ;)
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

The wait was not long as I again have time today to type this up. I busted out Lillehammer last night after watching my 16 year old's team get stomped on the court. :(
I have also started Narvik on Guderian this morning and will definitely finish at least that this weekend.
I am taking a break from Afrika Korps to consider Hurly's recommendation.
So without further ado here is Oslo

Oslo Manstein 1st Time
Started with 3702 but after replacements, new purchases, and a little over strengthening 3035.
Bought 2 Fallschimjagers, Pz3F, and new JU-87B. Also sold +1 Movement JU-87B and new SE Gerbisjager as I need a better 1st hero for a Tac Bomber and I need SE Pz's for the later war years.

Brought 2 Strat Bombers, 2 Fighters, Recon, 2 10.5cm arty's, 3 Sturmpanzers, Oleh Dir, SE Gerbisjager, new Pz3F, Albert Kerscher, new JU-87B, Newest Gerbisjager, and 2 new Fallschimjager.

Day 1 Sunny:
Seized Porsgrunn.
Day 1 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed Destroyed trapped in Fjord; Arty hit Emden -2 me; and inf hit Gerbisjager in boat -1 me.

Day 2 Rainy:
Seized Fredrikstad.
Destroyed Norwegian Inf.
Day 2 ai CA:
Arty hit PT Boat -2 me; Fort hit Blucher -1 me; Inf hit Gerbisjager guarded by Sturmpanzer -1 me -9 them. 8)

Day 3 Sunny:
Seized Notodden.
Destroyed 2 Norwegian Inf's and 2 40mm AA's.
Bought 2 reg reps for greenest Gerbisjager.
Day 3 ai CA:
-1 off Blucher and Gladiator hit PT Boat -6 me.

Day 4 Sunny:
Seized Larvik and airfield near Notodden and Moss and airfield next to Askim. (Busy round)
Destroyed Norwegian Inf in Larvik and 7.5cm arty guarding it.
Bought 2 Reg Reps for Fallschimjager.
Day 4 ai CA:
Blucher hit -2 me; Fort hit Pz3F -4 me; and Reg Inf hit PT Boat -1 me.

Day 5 Sunny:
Seized Askim.
Destroyed 2 Norwegians Inf's.
Day 5 ai CA:
Strongpoint hit aux Fallschimjager -6 me and Fort hit SE Gerbisjager -5 me and Fort hit Blucher -3 me.

Day 6 Cloudy:
Seized Tonsberg and Horten.
Destroyed Norwegian Inf.
Bought 5 reg reps for SE Gerbisjager and 6 for Pz3F, and aux Fallschimjager.
Day 6 ai CA:
AA hit Fighter -2 me and Fort hit SE Gerbisjager -4 me.

Day 7 Rainy:
Destroyed 2nd 28cm Gun Emplacement.
Bought 4 reg reps for SE Gerbisjager and 2 for Recon.
Day 7 ai CA:
2 Forts hit SE Gerbisjager -3 me.

Day 8 Cloudy:
Destroyed 1st 28cm Gun Emplacements.
Bought 3 reg reps for SE Gerbisjager and reg Gerbisjager.
Day 8 ai CA: Nothing.

Day 9 Sunny:
Seized Oscarsborg.
Destroyed 3rd 28CM Gun Emplacement and Norwegian inf.
Bought 6 and 4 reg reps for Aux Fallschimjagers.
Day 9 ai CA: AA hit aux Fighter Bomber -3 me.

Day 10 Sunny:
Seized Honefoss, Lillestrom and Sandvika.
Destroyed 3 Norwegian Inf's
Bought 4 reg reps for Fighter.
Day 10 ai CA:
Gloucester Gladiator hit Pt boat -3 me.

Day 11 Sunny:
Seized Airfield and part of Oslo.
Destroyed 40mm AA and 7.5cm arty.
Day 11 and 12 ai CA Nothing:

Day 12 Sunny:
Seized Oslo and Drammen.
Finally destroyed Gloucester Gladiator and Mtn Inf.
Day 13 Sunny:
Seized Jessheim.
Destroyed Strongpoint and last Mtn Inf.

Decisive Victory! Ending with 4090
Next will be Lillehammer starting with 4490

Maybe will get time to type it up also today.

Going to type up another day for Grand Campaign Day by Day. :mrgreen:
goose_2

hurly

Post by hurly »

2 more Replays

Oslo
Lillehammer

will add Narvik to this post when it becomes available

Narvik available now
Attachments
(12.02.2017) Narvik, Turn 18.zip
(66.39 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
(08.02.2017) Oslo, Turn 13.zip
(61.79 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
(09.02.2017) Lillehammer, Turn 18.zip
(60.32 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
Last edited by hurly on Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Thanks Hurly,

Lillehammer Manstein 1st Time
Starting prestige 4490 after replacements and a little Overstrengthening, and new purchases 3920.
Bought 88 and Gerbisjager.

Westside: 3 Gerbisjager including SE Gerbisjager, 2 Sturmpanzers, and 1 10.5cm arty. Also have a JU-87B and Fighter in the sky.
Eastside: 2 Gerbisjager including Oleh Dir, Pz3F, Recon, 3.7cm pak, 2 10.5cm arty's, Sturmpanzer, green 88, Helmut Lent, and a Fighter.

Day 1 Sunny:
Pressuring Norwegian Town (7,14) and seized Norwegian Town (14,16).
Destroyed 2 Norwegian Inf's.
Day 1 ai CA:
Hurricane attacked JU-87B guarded by Fighter -5 them -4 me.

Day 2 Sunny:
Destroyed Hurricane.
Day 2 and 3: ai CA: Nothing
Day 3 Snowy:
Seized Norwegian Town (7,14) and pressuring Hamar.
Bought 4 reg reps for JU-87B.

Day 4 Sunny:
Seized Hamar.
Force surrendered 8 str of 40mm AA and destroyed Norwegian Inf.
Bought 2 Reg reps for 35th Gerbisjager.
Day 4 ai CA:
Arty hit Gerbisjager -1 me and Gladiator hit Sturmpanzer -3 me.

Day 5 Sunny:
Seized Elverun, and airfield next to Gjevik; while also pressuring Norwegian Town (11,9)
Day 5 ai CA:
Norwegian Inf hit 40th Gerbisjager, I forgot to write down the results. :oops:

Day 6 Sunny:
Seized Gjevik.
Destroyed 2 Norwegian Inf's.
Oh shoot! :shock:
I moved my 3.7 pak in a truck near one of their units I spotted after I moved another unit into it's sight. This is gonna hurt. :oops: :cry:
Day 6 ai CA:
Norwegian inf hit 3.7cm pak -7 me but Mtn inf hit 26th Gerbisjager in Gjevik guarded by an arty -10 them. :twisted:

Day 7 Sunny:
Destroyed Norwegian Inf and Mountain Inf.
Bought 3 reg reps for Sturmpanzer.
Day 7 ai CA:
Set up Fighter trap to catch Gloucester and it worked -7 them -1 my Sturmpanzer. :twisted: Cruiser hit 26th Gerbisjager -3 me.

Day 8 Sunny:
Seized Norwegian Town (11,9)
Destroyed Gloster Gladiator; Norwegian Inf, and Mtn Inf.
Bought 7 reg reps for 3.7cm Pak.
Day 8 ai CA:
Cruiser Mk. 1 hit Gerbisjager in Mountains where I got a rugged Defense -1 them.

Day 9 Sunny:
40th Gerbisjager awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class and bought 4 reg reps for 26th Gerbisjager.
Day 9 ai CA:
Nothing.

Day 10 Sunny:
Seized Norwegian Town (16,6)
Destroyed Norwegian Inf and Force Surrendered 7 of the British Engineers. 8)
Bought 2 Reg Reps for Pz3F, 1 Reg Rep for Green Gerbisjager, and 2 reps for 40th Gerbisjager.
Day 10 ai CA:
Strongpoint hit 3.7cm pak -4 me -0 them and British Inf hit 26th Gerbisjager guarded by Sturmpanzer -2 me -9 them.

Day 11 Sunny:
Pressuring Vigrom and South Lillehammer.
Destroyed British Inf and Strongpoint.
Day 11 ai CA:
Nothing.

Day 12 Snowy:
Pressuring Follebu.
Bought 4 reg reps for 3.7cm pak and 1 reg rep for SE Gerbisjager.
Day 12 ai CA:
Mtn Inf hit Oleh Dir but I got a Rugged Defense -6 them -1 me.

Day 13 Sunny:
Seized Vigrom.
Destroyed Cruiser Mk.1, Norwegian Inf, Strongpoint, and 25 Pounder.
Bought 1 reg Rep for Sturmpanzer.
Day 13 ai CA:
Heavy Weapons inf hit Oleh Dir and I got another rugged Defense -1 me -8 them. 8)
Matilda 1 hit Gerbisjager guarded by Sturmpanzer -2 them -0 me.

Day 14 Sunny:
Pressuring all of Lillehammer.
Destroyed 40mm Bofors.
Bought 3 reg reps for 26th Gerbisjager and 1 reg rep for green 88.
Day 14 ai CA:
Matilda 1 tried hitting SE Gerbisjager guarded by 2 arty's -2 them -0 me and Heavy Weapons Inf tried hitting Green 35th Gerbisjager but again I received a Rugged Defense -4 them -0 me. 8)

Day 15 Sunny:
Seized airfield next to Lillehammer and Southern and Northern Part of Lillehammer. Even pressuring Segalstad. (This scenario is mine now.) :twisted:
Force surrendered 6 str Norwegian Inf, destroyed HW Inf, Matilda 1, and Norwegian Inf.
Day 15 ai CA: Nothing.

Day 16 Sunny:
Seized Follebu.
Destroyed Norwegian Inf.
Day 16 ai CA:
Mtn Inf tried to hit my Pz3F but had arty's set up -3 them -0 me.

Day 17 Sunny
Seized Segalstad.
Day 17 ai CA:
Mtn Inf tried hitting Gerbisjager guarded by arty -3 them.

Day 18 Sunny:
Seized Lillehammer.
Destroyed 2 Mtn Inf's and Norwegian Inf.

Decisive Victory 4862

Destroyed Everything and seized everything and got my army some great Experience. Hopefully I will eventually get great heroes, eventually.

Next Narvik at 5362
Almost done. 8)
goose_2

Rayrard
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Rayrard »

Nice to see you gaining some decisive victory prestige after Warsaw. Take advantage of the easy Norway scenarios. The British Navy might be an issue in the next battle unless you have a couple strat bombers and good weather. A couple rainy or snowy days and the whole British fleet will be in the harbor and even the 13 strength battleships will be in trouble being swarmed by destroyers. Narvik is pretty easy on the ground though and you should have no trouble encircling and laying siege to the city once you remove the ships from around the town. Hopefully you'll have a few capital ships left to soften up the defenses and entrenchment.

Your main problem will be prestige going forward. I'm surprised you have 5000 now given you had nothing at Warsaw but I guess surrenders and regular replacements help! 1940 might be pretty difficult given the weaker status of your troops but it might be easier given your experience will be better than 1939. The Manstein level will be easier to fight in 1941. I fought all the battles and got all decisive victories in 1941 on Manstein. The problem is the prestige levels are not sustainable in the long run. Even if you have 15,000 at the end of 41 on Manstein, you WILL run out of prestige with the big upgrades in 42-43 and after the losses in Russia start to accumulate (and the damn cap when you start to buy Tigers and FW190's). You won't want to use regular replacements as you get better and better and that will hurt more when you are one-shotted -8 or -9 by a Russian inf in a city and you have to use elite replacements in-game. The game will eventually break in 44 when prestige runs out. I will give you major props if you make it into 1945 still able to win victories.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Thanks Rayrard for commenting and providing encouragement. I too am worried about what will be coming in latter years and how I will maintain prestige and an army strength that can at least push forward in the later scenarios. I am not needing to always get Decisive Victories, but I will be trying where I can. The Norwegian Scenarios have all been a nice change in difficulty and I am pleased with how I was able to finish all 3 with Decisive Victories on my 1st playthrough without losses, even though I made some mistakes.
But I get ahead of myself...

Narvik Manstein 1st Time
Starting with 5362 in prestige and after replacements also still have 5362 in prestige. :)
Bringing 2 Fighters, 2 Strat Bombers, 1 Fighter Bomber.
In the North bringing 2 Gerbisjager, 3 10.5cm artys, Albert Kerscher, and Pz3F.
In the South bringing 88, 2 Sturmpanzers, Recon, and Oleh Dir, I also saved back 2 slots to deploy 2 additional Gerbisjager's to help with push in the South.

Day 1 Sunny:
Seized airfield in the North.
Destroyed 25mm AA.
Day 1 ai CA:
Hurricane hit Pz3F -2 me; Spitfire hit Bf109e -5 each; Norway Inf hit Recon guarded by Sturmpanzer -7 them -1 me; Mtn Inf hit aux Gerbisjager -4 me -9 them.

Day 2 Sunny:
Destroyed 2 Mtn Inf's.
Bought 2 reg reps for aux Gerbisjager.
Day 2 ai CA:
Whitley hit Sturmpanzer guarded by 88 -1 them -2 me; Hurricane hit BF-110C -3 them -5 me; Mtn Inf hit aux Gerbisjager -2 them -5 me; and arty hit Gerbisjager -2 me.

Day 3 Sunny:
Seized Norwegian Town (24,8)
Destroyed 75mm arty, Norwegian Inf, and Destroyer.
Bought 1 reg rep for core Gerbisjager and same for aux Gerbisjager.
Day 3 ai CA:
Devonshire hit 88 -3 me and 2 Destroyers hit 10.5cm arty -3 me.

Day 4 Sunny:
Seized Ballangen and Airfield.
Destroyed Alpini, 40mm AA, Norwegian Inf, and HMS Glorious.
Bought 2 regular reps for Sturmpanzer and 3 for 88; and 5 for aux Gerbisjager.
Day 4 ai CA:
Mtn Inf hit Sturmpanzer -4 me; Destroyer hit Recon -1 me; Destroyer hit Submarine -3 them -4 me; Devonshire and Light Cruiser hit 10.5cm arty -2 me; and 4 destroyers hit another one of my artillery's for -5 me. :shock: :? :oops: :cry: :evil: No unit losses though. :wink:

Day 5 Sunny:
Seized Norwegian Town (29,11) and (34,14)
Destroyed Spitfire, Mtn. Inf, and 2 Norwegian Inf's.
Bought 4 Reg Reps for Sturmpanzer, 6 for Fighter, 3 for Pz3F; and 2 for aux Gerbisjager. (Expensive Round) :oops:
Day 5 ai CA:
They sunk my Heavy Cruiser KMS Admiral Hipper :oops: :cry: ; Their ships also reduced 1 of my artys to 5 str and the other to 7 str. :evil: Mtn Inf hit aux Fallschimjager -2 them -3 me and other Mtn Inf hit aux Gerbisjager -4 them -5 me.

Day 6 Sunny:
Destroyed 2 destroyers.
Bought 2 and 3 reg reps for 10.5cm artys, 5 for core Gerbisjager, 1 for aux Fallschimjager, 2 for Recon, and 3 for aux Gerbisjager. (Another expensive Round) :oops:
Day 6 ai CA:
The ship battle rages with their sinking of another destroyer along with a whole bunch of other Navy attacks but no additional unit losses. Albert Kerscher brought down to 7 str by a couple of attacks and 2 other aux units hurting but no other unit losses. (Big round for the enemy)

Day 7 Sunny:
Seized Bogen.
Destroyed HMS Truant, and an additional Destroyer. Also destroyed Hurricane, Mtn Inf, and 40mm AA.
Bought 2 reg reps for aux Fallschimjager; 5 for aux Gerbisjager; and 3 reg reps for 10.5cm arty.
Day 7 ai CA:
They one shotted my aux 10 str Gerbisjager. Just BAM! dead! :oops: :shock: :evil:
They also reduced my 88 to 4 Str and nicked my arty as well as my aux Gerbisjager. (Rough Round)

Day 8 Sunny:
Seized Bjerkvik.
Destroyed Destroyer, Devonshire, and Light Cruiser. Also were able to destroy a couple of Mtn Inf's.
Bought 3 regular Replacements for Albert Kerscher and 5 for aux Gerbisjager.
Day 8 ai CA:
They attacked my Sturm guarded by another Sturm for -2 each; they also nicked my recon and aux unit.

Day 9 Cloudy:
Destroyed Destroyer.
Bought 1 Reg Replacement for Sturmpanzer and 2 regular Replacement for 2 different Gerbisjager units.
Day 9 ai CA:
Fighter Trap Worked! :twisted: Enemy hit recon -2 me and hit aux Gerbisjager -4 me.

Day 10 Snowy:
Destroyed Warspite and Norwegian Inf.
Day 10 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed my aux Fallschimjager and nicked my core Gerbisjager.

Day 11 Sunny:
Destroyed 2 Destroyer’s; French Inf, French AA, and 7.5cm arty, along with Norwegian Inf.
Almost brought down Whitley but they were left with 1 str.
Day 11 ai CA:
French Inf hit my SE Gerbisjager and left me with 2 str left. :o :shock: :oops: :cry: :evil:

Day 12 Sunny:
Retreated SE unit for remainder of the battle.
Destroyed Destroyer, and 88 brought down Whitley, Force Surrendered 40mm AA, 3 inch AA and 75mm arty. 8)
Day 12 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed aux Gerbisjager.

Day 13 Sunny:
Destroyed Norwegian Infantry.
26th Gerbisjager was awarded by +3 Def Hero. Yes!!! 8)
Day 13 ai CA:
A whole lot of flailing but nothing much.

Day 14 Sunny:
Seized Beisfjord and Straumsnes.
Destroyed HMS Hardy, Mtn Inf, and Chasseurs; Force surrendered Renault R-35 and another Mtn Inf.
Day 14 ai CA:
Only attempted attacks against aux units so... :roll:

Day 15 Sunny:
Seized 2ndary parts of Narvik and airfield.
Destroyed/Force surrendered Dingo, 2pdr, and Norwegian Inf.
Day 15 ai CA: Nothing.

Day 16 through 18 Backed off to allow for more kills and force surrendered of 2 more 2pdr's and the last Engineers. Then Seized Main Narvik Objective.

Decisive Victory 6391

Norway was extremely easy compared to Modlin, Warsaw, and Spoils of War.

What I really am enjoying about Manstein level is it ends up playing out more historical at least at my play level as the difficulty and enemy numbers provide enough of a challenge to make each battle a bit of a nail biter and extremely fun.

I am pleased with the amount of experience and prestige I was able to finish 1939 with and well layout the Army I am importing into 1940 next time.
Probably tomorrow.
I am not sure when I will start 1940 but since I have received the Steam Achievements for both this and Guderian I feel the pressure is off and I can relax into the next campaign.

I am enjoying both of these very much and am amazed at how much replayability this game has...so much fun. 8)
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Manstein Army importing into 1940
46 units total (I am trying to build broad and deep force)
6991 in prestige (I am extremely pleased with this as I am needing to buy lots of regular replacements during battle and doing my best to maintain some level of experience)

10 Infantry: (I would like to have around 20-25 by the end of 1941)
2 regular Inf both with 2 stars experience.
2 Fallschimjager both with 1 stars (I am not sure what i am going to do with these, because I do not see myself using them in the air but may use them as part of my army to help bust up entrenched units.)
6 Gerbisjager 3 with 2 Stars experience and 3 with 1 star I have some great starts to infantry heroes as I have Oleh Dir, 1 with +3 Def and 1 with +2 Att. (1 is an SE unit but I want tanks so I will not be keeping when I finally get tanks to replace, it does not have any heroes but has to be getting extremely close.)
(I see myself continuing to buy additional Gerbisjager's without transport to build up vast army of great Infantry units. I will upgrade to other units as I gain enough prestige and see the need for more diverse units.)

4 Tanks
1 Pz 38(t)a that is Albert Kerscher that I will be upgrading to a Pz4.
1 Pz3F with 1 stars of experience
2 Pz2C's 1 with 2 stars of experience and 1 with 1 star of experience. (I plan on turning these into Flamm's and may be taking them occasionally in the hopes to build up their experience and kill count)
I will upgrade Albert Kerscher and buy another Pz4 to start building up but otherwise I will be utilizing the free tanks earned through the playthrough.

1 Recon
2 stars experience. I see myself getting 2 more to help surround units and force surrender, at least through 1941.

2 Pz 3.7cm Paks
1 star of experience. Man these are hard to build up on this level, but I will continue to try and build these up along with probably 2 Panzerjagers. I would like 6 to 8 by the time 1941 is finished, but I always have difficulty building these up.

12 artys
All have 2 stars of experience 3 Sturmpanzers, 1 Polish Arty, 8 10..5cm artys. (Going for around 30 to 40 by the end of 1941)

2 AA's
1 with 2 stars 1 with 1 star. (Prbably going to go for at least 1 more, but may consider buying some of those mobile AA's, not sure.

8 Tac Bombers
1 Recon Rudel with 1 star just saving to get Uber.
Most with 2 star and I am hoping to have around 15 by the end of 1941

2 Strat Bombers
2 Henkels with 2 stars of Experience. Going to have 3

Again I am extremely pleased with this starting point and I am hopeful that I will be able to get around 80-100 core units that I have to dip into the latter years, but we shall see. ;)
goose_2

hurly

Post by hurly »

I like these subtle cosmetics you invented into your AAR. (Bolded Keywords, different Sizes)

They give the whole text more structure and speaking for myself, make it a lot more convenient to read

Maybe you can invent a Table of Content with links into the First Post of each to make navigation more comfortable.
Rayrard

Post by Rayrard »

Man that's a whole lot of reserve units! I guess you want a large pool of veteran troops as they turn into cannon fodder later on and you want to avoid buying green troops?

I usually fight with only 10-15 extra units in reserve and rotate them in and out to keep them at the same experience so I have all 4-5 star units by 44-45. I couldn't imagine having 20 infantry units, 40 artillery units, and 15 tac bombers in my pool. You would be fighting each unit with an average of one or two battles a campaign and it will be hard to get them experience and kills.

Are you going to use reg replacements strictly in the campaign to save prestige? Given a huge reserve pool and reg replacements being free, you could really save prestige well in 40-42 but your experience will no doubt suffer going against the Russians, especially when you have 15 strength KV-1's and T-34's.

You might want to grab some mobile AA as 15 strength enemy bombers spawning will tear up artillery and the Pz3's and 4's, and a 7-8 strength tank in Russia on Manstein is dead.
hurly

Post by hurly »

bump

Replays for

Danzig Corridor
Piatek
Modlin

available here
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 92#p641892

Replays for

Wyszogrod
Warsaw North
Spoils of War

available here

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 94#p641894

finally to complete the GC 39

Replays for

Oslo
Lillehammer
Narvik

available here

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 00#p644400
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Eben Emael Manstein 2nd Time
Starting prestige 6991 after replacements and upgrades 6681.
When I loaded up from 1939 I was awarded an SE Gerbisjager. :? While I am happy to receive a 2nd SE unit, it is ultimately one I will need to sell off as I need tanks not men. :(
Upgraded Albert Kirscher to Pz4Dand upgraded 3 BF-110C's to D's.

I am holding back 1 Gerbisjager to place at Eben Emael to keep pressure up.
Brought 2 88's and Fallschimjager next to Eben Emael.
The rest of the army was placed all around Voeren, brought 3 10.5cm arty's, 2 Sturmpanzer's, 2 3.7cm pak's; 2 SE Gerbisjager's, Pz2C, Pz3F, and Albert Kerscher.

Day 1: Sunny
Seized Noorbeek and Mariadrop.
Destroyed 1 Dutch Inf.
Day 1 ai CA: Nothing.

Day 2: Sunny
Destroyed Strongpoint and Dutch Inf.
Day 2 ai CA: 2 attacks but neither one did any damage to me.

Day 3: Sunny
Destroyed Fort, 2 Strongpoint’s, CR.42 Fighter, and Belgian Inf.
Day 3 ai CA: Nothing.

Day 4: Sunny
Destroyed Eben Emael.
Bought 3 reg reps for 88.
Day 4 ai CA:
Bomber and inf hit Pz2C which reduced me to 3 Str. :evil: :o :shock: :cry:
Another Bomber tried hitting my aux Pioniere guarded by an 88 -6 them. 8)
Belgian Inf hit 88 -3 them -1 me. Belgian Inf hit Gerbisjager -4 them -1 me; Belgian inf hit aux Recon -1 them -3 me. (Rough Round)

Day 5: Sunny
Destroyed Blenheim and Belgian Inf.
41st Bf109E awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Bought 2 Reg Reps for aux Recon.
Day 5 ai CA:
2 Belgian Inf’s hit 40th Gerbisjager which left me with 1 str. :evil: :o :shock: :cry: (Just painful to watch)
Belgian Inf hit 2nd SE Gerbisjager -3 me -9 them. Dutch Inf tried hitting 88 guarded by 2 artys -3 them -0 me.

Day6: Sunny
Seized Bassenge.
Destroyed Belgian Inf, Dutch Inf, and another Belgian Inf.
Bought 7 reg reps for Pz2C and 3 Reg Reps for SE Gerbisjager.
Day 6 ai CA:
2 Inf hit 3.7cm pak guarded by 1 ammo arty -7 them -3 me; Dutch Inf hit aux Pioniere guarded by an arty -3 them -2 me; Belgian inf hit aux Recon guarded by an arty -5 them -0 me.

Day 7: Cloudy
Destroyed Dutch Inf and Belgian Inf.
Bought 9 reg reps for 40th Gerbisjager.
Day 7 ai CA:
Bomber hit arty -2 me.

Day 8: Sunny
Seized Airfield near Bilzen.
Destroyed Blenheim and 2 Belgian Inf’s.
Day 8 ai CA:
Dutch Inf hit Pz2C -4 me -1 them; arty hit aux Pioniere -1 me; Belgian Inf hit aux Recon -5 me -1 them.

Day 9: Sunny
Destroyed Belgian Inf.
Bought 2 Reg Reps for Pz2C.
Day 9 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed aux Pioniere. Fort hit SE Gerbisjager. :oops: Got too close.

Day 10: Sunny
Seized Airfield near Maastricht.
Destroyed 2 75mm arty’s.
Day 10 ai CA:
Dutch Inf hit aux Recon -2 me; 47mm AT tried hitting 3.7cm Pak guarded by arty -3 them -0 me.

Day 11: Cloudy
Seized Juprelle.
Destroyed 47mm AT and Dutch Inf.
Day 11 ai CA: Nothing.

Day 12: Sunny
Seized Bilzen and pressuring Maastricht.
Destroyed 2 Belgian Inf’s and Dutch Inf.
Day 12 ai CA:
Arty hit Albert Kerscher -1 me.
Dutch Inf hit aux Pioniere guarded by arty -1 me.

Day 13: Sunny
Pressuring Hoeselt.
Day 13 ai CA:
Arty hit 88 -3 me.

Day 14: Sunny
Seized Hoeselt and Pressuring Liege.
Destroyed 155mm arty, 47mm AT, Belgian Inf, and Dutch Inf.
Bought 5 reg reps and 4 reg reps for 40th Gerbisjager and SE Gerbisjager.
Day 15: Sunny
Seized Maastricht and Liege.
Destroyed Dutch Inf and Belgian Inf.

Finished with a Decisive Victory 7535
Starting Albert Canal with 8535.

I am on my 3rd playthrough with Albert and will be settling for Marginal Victory.
Hope to finish this weekend.
goose_2

hurly

Post by hurly »

New Replay available

Eben Emael

quite fitting as the AAR is right below this post

Albert Canal (3rd Time)
Albert Canal (4th Time)

Why is it Albert Canal also in the English Version ? Shouldn't it be Albert Channel ? :P
Attachments
(25.02.2017) Albert Canal, Turn 21.zip
(69.26 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
(27.02.2017) Albert Canal, Turn 21 4th time.zip
(69.46 KiB) Downloaded 206 times
(20.02.2017) Eben-Emael, Turn 15.zip
(65.1 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
Last edited by hurly on Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Well now I am really getting radical trying to type one of these on a Saturday!
I just do not want to get so far ahead from where I am at in the game from my reports, so...

Albert Canal Manstein 4th Time (I completed my 3rd time, but wanted to try for one better, this turned out similar but I was awarded another SE Pz3F and a +1 Spotting Recon, but I get ahead of myself.
Starting prestige 8535 and after replacements, new Purchases 7694
I bought a new Pz4D and JU-87B.
In the air I am bringing 1 Bf-110D, 4 Fighters, and JU-87B.
North of Albert Canal bringing: SE Gerbisjager, Oleh Dir, 3.7cm Pak, 2 10.5cm arty's, 1 Sturmpanzer, 1 88.
South of Albert Canal bringing: Albert Kerscher, Recon, 2 10.5cm arty's, Sturmpanzer, Pz3F, Gerbisjager, and SE Gerbisjager.

My plan is to try and seize as much as I can without taking Antwerp as it is just not possible at this level, at least not without spending serious prestige and taking serious risks. No thank you.

Day 1 Sunny
Seized Airfield (26,11) and Hasselt.
Destroyed CR.42 Fighter, 75mm AA, and 2 Belgian Inf's.
Day 1 ai CA:
Bomber stopped by Fighter Trap.

Day 2 Sunny
Seized Zonhoven.
Destroyed 47mm AT, 7 Veld, Potez, Belgian Inf, and Dutch Inf.
11th 10.5cm Arty awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
22nd Bf-110D awarded +3 Def Hero 8)
Day 2 ai CA:
Bomber stopped by AA hit and than a Fighter hit my 2nd SE Gerbisjager -2 me. (Enemy is doing a bunch of movement.)

Day 3 Cloudy
Seized Airfield near Houthalen.
Destroyed Dutch Infantry, CR.42, Belgian Infantry.
2nd SE Gerbisjager awarded +3 Def Hero. (Man this makes me want to consider saving him, but no need SE Panzers.)
Day 3 ai CA:
Hotchkiss H35 hit Sturmpanzer guarded by an arty -1 me -3 them.

Day 4 Sunny
Seized Hechtel
Destroyed 2 Dutch Inf's and Panhard.
Day 4-6 ai CA: Nothing

Day 5 Sunny
Seized Houthalen and Albert Canal Bridge (14,12)
Destroyed Cavalry and 2 Belgian Inf's.
Bought 1 reg rep for Sturmpanzer.
Day 6 Sunny
Seized Albert Canal Bridge (18,9).
Destroyed H35 Hotchkiss and 75mm AA.
Bought 3 reg reps for +3 Def SE Gerbisjager

Day 7 Sunny
Seized Sint-Truiden.
Destroyed Potez, Blenheim, 2 Cavalry's, and Belgian Inf.
41st Bf109E awarded with a +2 Def Hero Yay! and my 7th Bf109E awarded with a +1 Movement Hero. :| Looks like I am going to have to sell and try again. Nuts!
Day 7 ai CA:
2 British Inf hit new SE Gerbisjager -7 me :oops: and inf hit aux AA guarded by arty -2 them -4 me.

Day 8 Sunny
Destroyed MS.46 Fighter and 2 Belgian Inf's.
1 reg rep for 40th Gerbisjager
Day 8 ai CA:
Enemy Destroyed Green SE Gerbisjager. :( and nicked my 3.7cm Pak.

Day 9 Cloudy
Destroyed 45th Pz3F awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 9 ai CA:
Hotchkiss H39 hit Green Pz4D -3 me -7 them and French inf along with Cavalry hit 40th Gerbisjager leaving me with 4 Str.

Day 10 Sunny
Destroyed Belgian inf and Hotchkiss H39
Day 10 ai CA:
Matilda 1 hit Albert Kerscher -2 me -3 them.

Day 11 Sunny
Destroyed Cruiser Mk. 1, Britsih Inf, Cavalry, and French Inf.
Bought 7 Reg Reps for 40th Gerbisjager.
Day 11 ai CA:
Dingo hit Sturmpanzer -3 me and Matilda 1 hit arty guarded by another arty -4 me.

Day 12 Sunny
Destroyed Potez, Matilda 1, Dingo, and French Inf.
Bought 4 Regular replacements for 10.5cm arty and 3 regular for Albert Kerscher.
Day 12 ai CA:
British Inf hit arty defended by arty -3 me -1 them.

Day 13 Sunny
Seized Adrschot.
Destroyed Belgian Inf and British Inf.
Bought 3 reg reps for Sturmpanzer.
Day 13-15 ai CA: Nothing

Day 14 Sunny
Seized Leuven and airfield also took Mol.
Destroyed Belgian Inf.
Day 15 Sunny
Seized Albert Canal Bridge (15,7) and Westerlo.
Destroyed 47mm AT, British Inf, and Belgian Inf.
Bought 1 reg rep for Oleh Dir.

Day 16 Sunny
Seized Heist-op-den-berg.
Destroyed 40mm AA and Belgian Inf.
Day 16 ai CA:
Whitley hit recon -2 me.

Day 17 Sunny
Seized 2 parts of Brussels and it's airfield.
Destroyed 75mm arty.
1st Recon awarded +1 Spotting hero. :twisted: 8) :mrgreen: SUPER Happy Right now!!!

Day 18 Sunny
Seized the rest of Brussels.
Destroyed Belgian inf, British inf, and 155mm arty.
Day 18 ai CA:
Only a minor attack against aux AA.

Day 19 Sunny
Seized Albert Canal Bridge (10,6)
Destroyed 47mm AT and Crusier Mk IV.
Day 19 ai CA:
Whitley hit aux AA in truck -3 me and Whitley hit Albert Kerscher -1 me; Cruiser Mk 1 then also hit Albert Kerscher -1 each.

Day 20 Sunny
Seized Herentals.
Destroyed Whitley and Cruiser Mk.1.
Day 20: ai CA: Nothing
Day 21 Sunny
Seized Mechelen.
Destroyed British Inf and Belgian Inf.
Oleh Dir awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.

Marginal Victory finishing with 9249 in prestige.
Yay!
I was also finally awarded an SE Pz3F. It is about time. ;)
I am also elated to have a +1 Spotting on my Recon.

I think I will start training some Panzerjager's as my 2 3.7cm pak's now both have 2 stars and are ready to be upgraded to Elephants in the coming years.
I do need to sell that +1 Movement Fighter and try again to train up for better heroes.
But other than that I am pleased with how this one turned out so moving forward on to The Hague with 9549 in prestige.

Now time to finish the Alam Halfa mission in Afrika Korps.

Thanks for all the encouragement and advice you guys are giving me on these playthrough's.
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Good Morning,

I slept on what Hurly and Cerberus wrote on my Italian Rommel game found here:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 8&start=40

I am still doing some thinking about what they have said, so I will take this morning to type up an AAR on The Hague for Manstein instead of trying to play.

Thanks so much for sharing your well thought out and very valuable advice, it is much appreciated, and incredibly encouraging.
with that said:

The Hague Manstein
I lost count with how many times I had to retry this as I had to try a ton of different things to try and save the starting airfields and ended up going with what I did here as the best option.
This playthrough still was not easy or the most advantageous but it was what I was willing to live with. Maybe my makeup was not strong enough, maybe I need to start overstrengthening, but I want to save some prestige as I will very much need it later on.
Starting prestige 9549 after the Replacements 9522
I sold Bf109e with +1 Movement and bought a new Bf109e and renamed them as the 7th.
In the air bringing 3 Fighters, Bf-110D, JU-87B, and He-111H2. Oh yeah and 2 Fallschimjager's.
On the ground bringing Albert Kerscher, Pz3F, Pz4D, SE Pz3F; Oleh Dir, a Gerbisjager, and regular Inf, and the SE Gerbisjager; 4 arty's; 2 Sturmpanzer's; and an 88.
I am trying a strategy that I am hoping helps as I cannot hold a single airfield. Thankfully it is not an automatic loss if you lose all airfields, I am therefore going to concentrate all forces around Rotterdam and Utrecht in hopes that my overwhelming force will help me seize the most stuff, while destroying the most stuff.

Day 1 Sunny
Seized Schoonhoven and retreated from Valkenburg and Leiden, even pressuring Utrecht.
Destroyed 2 47mm AT's.
Day 1 ai CA:
Bomber stopped hit aux Fallschimjager and they seized Valkenburg and Leiden.

Day 2 Sunny
Destroyed Hotchkiss H35, Strongpoint, and Dutch Inf.
Day 2 ai CA:
Dutch inf hit aux Fallschimjager -2 each; Matilda 1 went on river to hit arty guarded by another arty -1 each; Renault hit aux Fallschimjager -4 me.

Day 3 Cloudy
Seized Southeastern Tip of Rotterdam and Utrecht.
Destroyed Dutch Infantry, 47mm AT, and Matilda 1.
Day 3 ai CA:
Nothing that really was able to do damage.

Day 4 Sunny
Destroyed 2 Dutch Inf's.
Bought 2 and 5 reg reps for aux Fallschimjager, and 2 reg reps for Core Fallschimjager and Gerbisjager.
Day 4 ai CA:
Potez hit Pz3F -1 me; Fighter hit aux Fallschimjager in a plane -9 me; enemy seized Ockenburg; Dutch inf hit regular inf -1 me -5 them; Hotchkiss hit aux Fallschimjager -1 them -4 me; Dutch inf hit aux arty -1 them -3 me.

Day 5 Sunny
Destroyed Potez. Hotchkiss and Dutch Inf.
13th Bf109e awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class
Day 5 ai CA:
Bomber hit arty guarded by 88 -3 me -5 them and enemy destroyed aux arty and aux Fallschimjager.

Day 6 Sunny
Seized Woerden.
Destroyed CR.42, Potez, 3 Dutch Inf's, 7 Veld, and 37mm AA.
Bought 1 reg rep for aux Fallschimjager.
Day 6 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed aux Fallschimjager and seized Ypenburg.

Day 7 Cloudy
Seized Maarssen and it's airfield as well as the Northeastern portion of Rotterdam.
Destroyed 37MM AA and 2 Dutch Inf's.
Bought 4 and 9 reg reps for aux Fallschimjager.
Day 7 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed aux Fallschimjager; Hotchkiss hit arty guarded by Sturmpanzer -4 me; more attacks against my aux Fallschimjager that forced me out of the airfield near Maarssen.

Day 8 Sunny
Destroyed Hotchkiss and Dutch Inf.
1 reg rep for Core Fallschimjager, 4 regular reps for 2 dif arty's; 2 reg reps for reg inf; and 5 reg reps for aux Fallschimjager.
Expensive Round. :oops:
Day 8 ai CA:
Dang!
Another Rough Round! :oops: :cry: :evil:
Bomber hit Oleh Dir -1 me; Strongpoint and Dutch inf hit SE Gerbisjager -3 me; Dutch inf hit 10.5cm arty -9 me and seized Northeastern portion of Rotterdam.

Day 9 Sunny
Retook Northern part of Rotterdam and took Southwestern part of Rotterdam.
Destroyed 2 Dutch Inf's.
Bought 2 and 8 reg reps for aux Fallschimjager.
Day 9 ai CA:
Dutch inf hit aux Gerbisjager -4 me; Fighter hit Regular inf -1 me; Renault seized Woerden and hit aux Fallschimjager -3 each; Matilda and Dutch inf hit Core Fallschimjager -7 me..

Day 10 Sunny
Seized Gouda.
Destroyed Dutch inf and CR.42.
88 awarded +3 Hero. Yes!!! :twisted: (This is making me think this is going to be a keeper.) ;)
Bought 9 reg reps for arty; 3 reg reps for Pz4D; 1 reg rep for aux Fallschimjager; ad 3 reg reps for SE Gerbisjager.
Day 10 ai CA:
Renault hit Regular inf guarded by Sturmpanzer -2 each.

Day 11 Sunny
Retook airfield next to Maarssen and Woerden.
Destroyed 2 Renault R35's and Dutch Inf.
Bought 2 Reg Reps for aux Fallschimjager and 4 reg reps for Pz3H.
Day 11 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed 2 aux Fallschimjager's.

Day 12 Sunny
Seized Rotterdam.
Destroyed Potez and 3 Dutch Inf's.
Bought 2 Regular replacements for Oleh Dir and 3 reg reps for Core Fallschimjager.
Day 12 ai CA:
Enemy retook Gouda and Woerden. (Man this is tough)

Day 13 Sunny
Seized Maassluis.
Destroyed Dutch Inf.
Panzer 3F awarded +2 Att hero. 8) :twisted:
Day 13 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed another aux Fallschimjager and arty nicked my Pz3F; Renault hit Pz4D -3 each; Inf hit Core Fallschimjager -4 each and this allowed my Fallschimjager to be awarded the Ron Cross 2nd Class.

Day 14 Sunny
Seized Ockenburg.
Destroyed Dutch Inf and 7 Veld.
Day 14 ai CA:
Infantry hit Pz4D -3 me. :P

Day 15 Cloudy
Reseized Woerden.
Destroyed 2 Dutch Inf's and Renault R35.
Day 15 ai CA: Nothing

Day 16 Sunny
Seized Ypenburg.
Destroyed 2 Dutch Inf's.
28th Bf109e awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class
Day 16 ai CA:
Arty nicked my 40th Gerbisjager.

Day 17 Sunny
Destroyed 2 Dutch Inf's and 7 Veld Arty.
Day 17 ai CA:
2 Dutch Inf's and AT attacked my +2 Att Pz3F that was guarded by a Sturmpanzer and this left me with just 2 Str left. (That was a close one)

Day 18 Sunny
Seized Zoetermeer and retook Gouda.
Destroyed 2 Dutch inf's and Matilda 1.
Day 18 ai CA:
Last attacks destroyed yet another aux Fallschimjager.

Marginal Victory finishing with 10196 in prestige.

This was an extremely difficult battle and cost me a lot to finish with where I am at.
I am pleased that I did not lose any core forces and received a few really good heroes, so moving forward.
In looking at the remaining forces on the Battlefield I think a Decisive might have been possible but think it would require full overstrengthening and a lot of in game replacement buying and as such would cost more prestige than it is worth.

Next will be Sedan with 10596.
My goal is to at least get that Somua in the South and try for a Decisive Victory, but unclear if using my Fallschimjager along with a couple of new ones will help me do it.
This is going to require some thinking and planning and maybe a few different army compositions.
Until then...Stay Lutheran My Friends. ;)
Especially during this Lenten Season
goose_2

hurly

Post by hurly »

here fitting with the thread

Replay of the Hague
Attachments
(08.03.2017) The Hague, Turn 18.zip
(71.03 KiB) Downloaded 176 times

Return to “Panzer Corps : AAR's”