Grand Campaign East 39-45 Manstein level

Battle Reports & After Action Reports (AAR's)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

huckc
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Grand Campaign East 39-45 Manstein level

Post by huckc »

I found Streets of Moscow extremely difficult. Easily one of the hardest of all GC east.

When I played it on Field Marshall I had pretty much no chance of getting a DV.
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

Rayrard wrote:
goose_2 wrote:
Rayrard wrote:The good news is that you should have little difficulty winning GC41 on Manstein as I did it and it was really no problem getting DV's.

The bad news is that I switched to Colonel for the next GC42 in order to recover prestige to get to the 40-50K needed to finish the war to Berlin. The battles might not be that difficult, but going max overstrength may be unavoidable in the urban battles where repeated attacks by 15 SMG infantry might be hard to repulse otherwise.
Rayrard, buddy?
I got to know, how did you do Streets of Moscow for the Decisive? What was your army make up and did you simply focus on getting the objectives, instead of going after the 2ndary objectives, I just had to have that KV-1B.

Let me know your secrets. Thanks ;) :mrgreen:
To be honest I was playing the 41 campaign ALONE on Manstein for the steam achievement (other years were at easier diffculties), and I wasn't trying to conserve prestige like you are. So by that stage in the GC I had maxed out unit experience and strength so I fielded all full overstrength units in Moscow. 13 strength units backed by equally strong artillery will stop all Soviet attacks, and the Soviet artillery is weak in Moscow anyway. The city with the Guards unit on the left flank is the hard nut to crack, but the rest is simply slogging through the city. A strong airforce helps with the tanks, and the tanks won't attack in city hexes against infantry.

I definitely won the battle but I don't recall how much of the city I took. I doubt I got the free T34 in the northwest but I def got the free KV-1
I kind of figured, but wanted to verify if that is how you pulled it off. I am sure the center got really tough even at fully decked out troops. It makes me wonder how much prestige you ended 41 with and did it effect your playthrough after or did you do it for just the Steam Achievement?

huckc wrote:I found Streets of Moscow extremely difficult. Easily one of the hardest of all GC east.

When I played it on Field Marshall I had pretty much no chance of getting a DV.
This surprises me as you are doing an ultimate playthrough that is just insane. I have been able to destroy everything on the map on Field Marshall level. Very fun map, just insane at Manstein level.

All right now for the update on my playthrough:
Manstein Demyansk Pocket 2nd time
I restarted after I became unsatisfied with my strategy after Round 14 and tried again.
Starting prestige 38161 after replacements 37882, some Overstrengthening 36876 and then after upgrades 36740. (Upgraded all 3H’s to 3J/1’s)

Here is what I brought to get this done:
Bringing in the air 4 Fighter’s inc +2 Def, Heinrich Bar, +3 Att, and Otto Kittel; 4 Fgtr Bombers +3 Att, +3 Def, Helmut Lent, Uber Rudel, and 1 Henkel.
In the North West: +3 Def Grenadier; +2 Att/+2 Def Sturmpanzer; KV-1B; and +3 Att 3rd SE Pz3J/1.
In the South Central Area: Helmut Weinsberger; +1 Spot Grenadier; KV-1B; and StuG3B.
In the South East Area: +2 Att 1st SE Pz3J/1.
In the North East: Heinz Rondorf; 2 Gebirsjaeger’s; +2 Att Gebirsjaeger; Panzerjaeger; +3 Att 17.5cm arty; +2 Att 17.5 cm arty; +3 Def Wurfrahmen; +1 Movement 88; +1 Movement 17.5cm arty; and 4th SE Pz 4F.
In the South West Area: +3 Att AA; +1 Range Wurfrahmen; Albert Kerscher; ; +1 Def Sturmpanzer; and +1 Att Pioniere.

96% Soft Cap

Battle Report:
Day 1 ai CA:
A whole bunch of Fighter and AA traps along with arty traps around aux AT nicked; and 6th Geb nicked; and 3 star Panzerjaeger nicked.
Day 1: Sunny (96% )
Destroyed 2 T-34/41’s, LaGG-3; T-60; BT-7; I-16; Mig-3; and Pe-8.

Day 2 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed aux AT; arty nicked Gebirsjaeger; KV-1A hit AA guarded by Nebelwerfer -5 me -3 them.
Day 2: Sunny (96%)
Destroyed 5 Conscripts, T-34/40, KV-1A, BA-10, and another T-34/40.

Day 3 ai CA:
1 nick on aux AT.
Day 3: Sunny (96%)
Destroyed 3 Conscript’s, T-34/40, 2 37mm AA’s, and BT-7.

Day 4 ai CA:
Aux AT destroyed by enemy
Day 4: Cloudy (96%)
Pressuring Valdaj.
Destroyed 2 Conscripts, KV-1A, and 122mm arty.

Day 5 ai CA:
2 Conscripts hit +1 Att Pioniere guarded by StuG3B -12 them -4 me.
Day 5: Snowy (98%)
Seized Peno and Valdaj as well as landed 1st Supply Carrier.
Destroyed Guards, Engineers, and Conscript.
Bought 2 Reg reps for +1 Att Pioniere

Day 6 ai CA:
KV-1A hit Helmut Weinsberger -1 me.
Day 6: Cloudy (98%)
Seized Ostashkov and based on familiarity and research off Night Pheonix’s excellent playthrough, I knew a 2nd wave was coming so backed away slowly out of Valdaj in order to set up traps.
Destroyed KV-1A, Reg Inf, I-16, and 122mm arty.

Day 7 ai CA:
StratBomber nicked Wurfrahmen -2 me; enemy ambushed but still able to seize Valdaj.
Day 7: Cloudy (98%)
Destroyed Yak-1, Pe-8, Guards, BT-7, T-60, and Conscript.

Day 8 ai CA:
nothing
Day 8: Sunny (98%)
Landed 2nd Supply plane.
Destroyed T-34/40, T-60, and Conscript.

Day 9 ai CA:
88 ambushed Conscript -8 them.
Day 9: Sunny (99)
Destroyed Reg Inf and Conscript.

Day 10 ai CA:
Conscript hit +2 Att Pz3H -3 me -5 them.
Day 10: Sunny (100)
Pressuring Selizharovo.
Destroyed Conscript, KV-1A, BA-10, Reg Inf, 122mm arty, and 85mm AA.

Day 11 ai CA:
Conscript hit 6th Gebirsjaeger guarded by 17cm arty -1 me -6 them.
Day 11: Cloudy (100)
Seized airfield near Selizharovo.
Destroyed T-60, Mtn Inf, and Conscript.
+1 Spot 4th Grenadier awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.

Day 12 ai CA:
I-16 hit Heinz Rondorf -2 me.
Day 12: Sunny
Pressuring Selizharovo.
Destroyed Conscript, KV-1A, BA-10, 85mm AA, Reg Inf, and 122mm arty.

Day 13 ai CA:
Arty nicked Oleh Dir.
Day 13: Sunny
Seized Selzharovo and nearby airfield as well as reseized Naldaj.
Destroyed T-34/40, BA-10, 2 Reg Inf’s, BT-7, and Engineer’s.
+1 Initiative 2nd SE Pz3H awarded +2 Defensive 2nd Hero.

Day 14 ai CA:
Arty hit 6th Gebirsjaeger.
Day 14: Cloudy
Destroyed T-34/40, Katyusha, and Guards.

Day 15 ai CA:
T-34/40 hit 26th Gebirsjaeger guarded by Wurfrahmen -4 me -6 them; (For this great defense I was awarded a +3 Attack hero on the Gebirsjaeger. :twisted: 8) :mrgreen: )
AA nicked +3 Def Fighter Bomber; I had 2 separate Fighter traps work perfectly, but it was set up by accident. :twisted: 8) :mrgreen:
Aux At hit -4 me.
Day 15: Cloudy
Seized Uglovka.
Destroyed Pe-2, Yak-1, and 2 Mtn Inf’s.

Day 16 ai CA:
Guards hit Panzerjaeger guarded by arty -3 me -7 them; T-34/41 got ambushed by Grenadier that was guarded by 2 artys -6 them; Aux attacks guarded by arty stopped 8).
Day 16: Snowy
Destroyed Mtn Inf and Reg Inf.
Awarded T-34/41 for seizing Uglovka. (100 soft cap still)

Day 17 ai CA:
BT-7 hit my +3 Att arty guarded by Sturmpanzer -5 them -2 me and enemy destroyed aux AT and aux AA brought down to 4 Str.
Day 17: Cloudy
Seized Firovo.
Destroyed Guards, BT-7, T-34/41, and T-60.

Day 18 ai CA:
Guards hit +2 Att Gebirsjaeger -9 me; T-34/41 hit SE Pz4F guarded by arty -2 them -1 me.
Day 18: Sunny
Seized Vypolzovo.
Destroyed 2 Guards and 85mm AA.

Day 19 ai CA:
Nothing but I-16 hitting aux AT -2 me.
Day 19: Sunny
Seized airfield near Firovo and left Firovo to set a trap.
Destroyed Katyusha and 37mm AA.

Day 20 ai CA:
Same attack on aux AT from I-16; and T-34/41 self emulated seizing Firovo. (trap worked)
Day 20: Sunny
Reseized Firovo.
Destroyed KV-2, T-60, 2 Reg Inf’s, and 2 Conscripts.

Day 21 ai CA:
Same attack on aux AT and Fighter hit Supply Carrier.
Day 21: Cloudy
Destroyed I-16.

Day 22 ai CA:
KV-1C hit aux AA -6 me.
Day 22: Cloudy
Flew last 3 Supply Carriers onto airfields.
Destroyed nothing.

Decisive Victory with 39923 ending Prestige

This ended being a nice end to an epic campaign and actually only 9000 off of the Field Marshall playthrough. Streets of Moscow was a real bugger, how am I going to handle the hoards rushing on me in 44 and 45. Next Time I will detail the army importing into 42

Until then…Stay Lutheran My Friends. ;)
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Here is the Manstein Army Imported into 1942 80 Core units 42123 prestige (only 6500 less than Field Marshall run, with 58 heroes ALREADY!!! :D

12 Total Infantry 11 heroes
This matches my Field Marshall run.
1 Regular Inf with 2 Stars and +3 Defense (I will update him to a Grenadier with Half-track, it is expensive but will help tremendously in Vyazma, I hope)
7 Gebirsjaeger: 3 Stars Oleh Dir (I am limiting my use of this powerhouse) Helmut Weinsberger +2 Att +3 Initiative with 2 stars using always and limiting my use of elite replacements as want to continue to utilize him and get him many kills, he is frequently targeted because of those expensive helf tracks he wanders around in; +3 Att with 2 Stars; +3 Def 3 Stars; +2 Att 2 Stars; +1 Initiative 3 Stars; and; 1 with na stars and no heroes.
2 Pioniere’s: 1 Pioniere +1 Att 2 Stars and 1 with +2 Def and 3 Stars.
2 Grenadier’s with truck and half-track 2 Stars with +1 Spotting and +3 Def.
1 Kradschutzen: +1 Spot hero 3 Stars (This was originally a Gebirsjaeger, but seeing the success Night Phoenix had with one in his playthrough I decided to give him a try, I just wish he had recon movement. But he is quite awesome, if you get a +1 Spotting hero, I highly recommend changing at least one to a Kradschutzen)

21 tanks 14 heroes
This is 3 more than my Field Marshall playthrough
3 captured French tanks 1 Somua with 3 stars +1 Att hero, and 2 Char B-1’s 1 with 2 Stars and +1 Att hero the other with 3 stars and a nice +3 Def hero.
3 Beautiful, Glorious, and Awesome Flamm’s all with 3 Stars Heinz Rondorf with +1 Att/+1 Def/ +2 Init/+1 Movement/+1 Spotting; other 2 1 has +1 Movement; other with +3 Defense.
+2 Att Pz3J/1 with 2 Stars
1 Pz 4D 1 Star +1 Def (probably not going to use)
Pz4F Albert Kerscher with 2 Stars +2 Att/+2Def/+2Spotting
Matilda 2 1 Stars (I am selling this as no way using this to try and get a hero as they just do not have enough movement.)
2 T-34/40’s 0 Stars that I am going to sell
2 T-34/41’s (That I am not sure what I am going to do)
1 KV-1A Going to sell.
2 KV-1B’s 1 with 1 Star the other with 2 Stars.
3 SE Pz3J/1’s 1st all with 3 stars with +2 Att/+1 Initiative; 2nd with +2 Def/+1 Initiative; and 3rd with +3 Attack
1 SE Pz4F with 2 Stars and no heroes

1 2 star recon with a +1 Spotting hero
(Still using only sparingly)

5 AT units all without a hero and 2 Stars except 1 I am concentrating on that has 3 Stars
2 3.7cm Pak these are going to be waiting a long long time before they become Elephant’s. :twisted:
3 Panzerjaeger 2 with Stars 1 with 3 Stars that will become a StuG3F when available.

17 artys 11 Heroes
5 more than Field Marshall playthrough
All with 3 Stars
8 17cm artys +1 Movement, +2 Att, +3 Att, +3 Def, +1 Def, and 3 with no heroes
2 Nebelwerfer’s 1 with +1 Movement other with no hero.
2 StuG3B’s with no heroes.
2 Sturmpanzers including 1 with +2 Att/+2 Def and another with +1 Defense
2 Wurfrahmens +3 Def hero other with +1 Range hero.
1 10.5 cm Polish arty with no heroes.
Will work with these going forward not sure what I should do with upgrades, thoughts?

3 AA units 3 heroes and 3 Stars
(These are ending up being my favourite units by far on this playthrough)
+1 Movement is by far the best unit I have ever had. You have to try and get one of these beasts!
+3 Attack this is 2nd best hero and shredder.
+3 Defense which I have sidelined, but will use as still maxed out unit.

8 Fighters 8 Heroes
Matches my Field Marshall Playthrough
Otto Kittel is only one with 2 Stars +3 Att/+2Init/-2 Def
(All the rest have 3 Stars)
Heinrich Bar +2 Att/+1 Def/+2 Init; +3 Att; +3 Def; +1 Att; +1 Init; and 2 +2 Def

9 tac bombers 5 Junkers 4 Fighter Bombers
5 Junkers
Recon Rudel with 2 Star (Earned in Minsk using just to max out heroes)
All others have 3 heroes
+1 Def; +2 Def; +2 Att; +2 Def/+2 Att
My 4 Fighter Bombers are the absolute best
All with 3 Stars 1 Helmut Lent, 1 with +3 Att, 1 with +3 Def, Uber Rudel upgraded to Fighter Bomber based on forum feedback

4 Strat Bombers 3 with 3 Stars and 1 with 2 Stars no Heroes yet

Overall a pretty solid army that I no longer see myself buying any more new units just upgrading the ones I have and selling the worthless captured units.

Yes I was awarded a 5th SE Pz4F/2 on uploading into 1942.
Vitebsk next. :D
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Manstein Vitebsk 1st Time :D
Very easy to implement Night Phoenix’s playthrough on this one and prepare for assaults coming and even able to push back.

Starting prestige 42123 (48328 on FM) after replacements 41798 and some Overstrengthening 41092 and upgrades 40469. Upgraded 3 Star Panzerjaeger to a StuG3F; 2 PzF’s to PzF/2’s; and Nblwf 15’s to 21’s.
Super Happy about being awarded an SE Pz4F/2 as I opened up this Campaign.

Here is what I brought to get this done: (I amspreading my forces around the map around perhaps a little too thin for Manstein.
Bringing in the air 4 Fighter’s inc +2 Def; Otto Kittel, +1 Initiative, and +3 Def; also brought 2 Bf-110D’s inc Helmut Lent and Uber Rudel, along with +2 Def /+2 Att Junkers.
In the South around Jeziarysca: 2nd SE Pz 3J/1’s inc +1 Init/+2 Def, and 5th SE Pz4F/2; +2 Def Pioniere; +1 Movement 17.5cm arty; and StuG3B.
Around Nebel: +3 Def Gebirsjaeger; +3 Def Grenadier; +2 Att/+1 Init 1st SE Pz3J/1; +1 Movement Nebelwerfer; +1 Range Wurfrahmen.
Around Pustoshka: +2 Att/+2 Def Sturmpanzer; +3 Att Gebirsjaeger; Albert Kerscher
Near Novosokolniki: +1 Movement 88; Green Gebirsjaeger; StuG3B; +3 Att 17.5cm arty; and +3 Def Wurfrahmen.
Around Velikiye Luki: +2 Att Pz3J/1; +1 Movement Flammpanzer; +3 Att 3rd SE Pz3J/1; +1 Att Pioniere; Helmut Weinsberger; +3 Att 88; and Nebelwerfer.
Around Loknya: 4th SE Pz 4F; Heinz Rondorf; +1 Def Sturmpanzer; +1 Spot Grenadier and +2 Att Gebirsjaeger.

(100% soft cap)

Battle Report:
Day 1 ai CA:
Tried to set up several Fighter/Bomber Traps and I caught 3 of their 4 planes, even shooting one completely out of the sky, they were still able to nick +1 Movement artillery, and destroyed an aux AT, and hit 2 aux Inf reducing them both down to 5 str.
Day 1: Sunny (100)
Destroyed 6 Partisans, KV-2, Pe-2, T-60, 2 I-16’s, and 37mm AA.
Bought 5 reg reps for aux inf.

Day 2 ai CA:
AT hit aux AA guarded by Nebelwerfer -3 me -6 them; T-60 hit Pioniere -4 me -1 them; Enemy Pressuring Teziarysca and Pusloshka; All other attacks stymied.
Day 2: Sunny
Retook Novosokolniki and Brought First Train Transport.
Destroyed T-26S, BT-7, 85MM AA, 2 Partisans, M3 LEE, T-60, and 45mm AT.

Day 3 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed aux AA; M3 Lee hit +3 Def Wurfrahmen -4 me; T-34/41 seized Pustoshka and self-emulated on the 4th SE Pz4F/2 at which I was awarded with a +1 Initiative Hero; also enemy destroyed aux inf; as well as the enemy getting blasted for seizing Nevel -11 them. (Setting up those traps for them when they seize Primary Objectives is pretty sweet)
Day 3: Sunny
Retook Pustoshka and Nevel.
Destroyed 3 Conscripts, Yak-1, 122mm arty, 37mm AA, and 45mm AT.
17th Nblwf awarded with a +2 Att hero.

Day 4 ai CA:
T-26S hit +3 Def Grenadier guarded by a StuG3B -3 each; arty nicked Albert Kerscher; and Soviet Cavalry hit +3 Att Gebirsjaeger -5 me -3 them.
Day 4: Sunny
Seized Kun’ya
Destroyed M3Lee, T-26S, Cavalry, Conscript, and Engineers.
Bought 1 reg rep for +3 Def Wurfrahmen and 5 reg reps for +3 Att Gebirsjaeger.
Uber Rudel awarded Knight’s Cross.

Day 5 ai CA:
Arty hit Albert Kerscher -2 me; T-60 ambushed by Heinz Rondorf; T-34/41 and Cavalry destroyed auxiliary inf; Grenadier guarded by StuG3B attacked by Conscripts and sustained 0 Damage. 8)
Day 5: Sunny
Brought 2nd Train into port.
Destroyed Cavalry, 3 Conscript’s, and T-60.
6th Gebirsjaeger awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.

Day 6 ai CA:
Caught Fighter -10 them and AA nicked +2 Def Fighter -1 me.
Day6: Cloudy
Destroyed Hurricane, 85mm AT, Reg Inf, and 122mm arty.

Day 7 ai CA:
All attacks stopped by arty. :D
Day 7: Snowy
Seized Staraya Toropa and Usryaty.
Destroyed Guards, REg Inf, and T-34/41.
+1 Movement 88 awarded a 2nd +1 Movement hero. :shock: :D :twisted: SO SUPER HAPPY!!!

Day 8 ai CA:
KV-1B hit +2 Att/+1 Initiative 1st SE Pz3J/1 and guarded by 2 artys -3 each; T-60 hit +1 Range Wurfrahmen guarded by Nebelwerfer -3 them -0 me. :twisted:
Day 8: Sunny
Brought 3rd Convoy and seized Idritsa.
Destroyed 85mm AA, 2 T-60’s, Katyusha, and 37mm AA.
Heinz Rondorf awarded Iron Cross 1st Class

Day 9 ai CA:
M3 Lee and T-34/41 hit +1 Movement Flamm guarded by StuG3B -5 them -8 me: Yikes!!
Day 9: Cloudy 100%
Seized airfield near Toropets as well as pressuring Toropets.
Destroyed 2 Guards.
Awarded T-34/41 for seizing Idritsa.

Day 10 ai CA:
Both Fighter and Bomber Trap worked; Arty nicked Pioniere; T-34/41 hit Albert Kerscher -1 me -7 them.
Day 10: Sunny
Seized Toropets and airfield near Idritsa.
Destroyed Pe-2, Mig-3, T-34/41, and M3 Lee.
+2 Def Pioniere awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.

Day 11 ai CA:
KV-1B hit aux arty guarded by 2 arty’s -4 me.
Day 11: Sunny
Seized Airfield near Staraya Toropa.
Destroyed KV-1B, 85mm AA, and T-34/41.

Day 12 ai CA:
Arty hit Pioniere -1 me; Arty hit Albert Kerscher -2 me; Reg Inf assault stopped by 2 arty’s.
Day 12: Cloudy
Destroyed 122mm arty, Katyusha, and Engineer.

Seized Tankavicy.
Destroyed T-34/41 and KV-1C.
Day 13 ai CA:
T-34/41 hit 6th Gebirsjaeger guarded by Nebelwerfer -2 me
Day 13: Cloudy
Seized Tankavicy.
Destroyed T-34/41 and KV-1C.

Day 14 ai CA:
Katyusha and Conscript hit aux inf -5 me; Katyusha hit 6th Gebirsjaeger and Katyusha hit +2 Movement 88.
Day 14: Sunny
Pressuring Novorchev.
Destroyed T-34/41, 2 Reg Reps ,Guards, and Katyusha.
+3 Def Wurfrahmen awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.

Day 15 ai CA:
Aux Inf hit by Katyusha -3 me; +3 Att attacked by Katyusha -4 me; KV-1C hit +3 Att Pz3J/1 Guarded by arty -3 me -2 me/ Conscript hit +2 2 Att arty -5 me -3 them
Day 15: Sunny
Seized Novorzhev
Destroyed Conscript.

Day 16 ai CA:
T-34/41, 2 Conscripts, and Katyusha hit +3 Att Pz3J/1 guarded by unseen Nblwf +2 att and I am left with 4 Str Left. :shock: :oops: :evil:
Day 16: Snowy
Destroyed 2 Conscript’s and Katyusha.

Day 17 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed aux AA; Conscript hit +3 Att AA guarded by 2 artys -8 them -1 me.
Day 17: Sunny
Destroyed T-34/41, 2 Conscripts, and Katyusha.

Day 18 and 19 ai CA:
nothing
Day 18: Cloudy
Destroyed KV-1C.

Day 19: Cloudy
Landed last 2 trains

Decisive Victory with 43494 ending Prestige (6,000 less than Field Marshall)

This was a painful battle as KV-1C’s and KV-1B’s are super tough, but getting that 2nd +1 Movement hero on my 88 made this a definite keeper. I am not even sure I could have done any better to be honest as I was still able to seize everything and destroy everything.

Next will be Kharkov 42 with 45994.
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Manstein Kharkov 42 2nd time
I restarted after I became unsatisfied with my strategy after Round 5 and tried again.
Starting prestige 45994 after replacements 45933, some Overstrengthening 45813 and then some upgrades 45070 after selling off a few tanks to help get them off my rolls.
(Sold Matilda 2 and 2 T-34/40’s, and KV-1A)
(Upgraded all 4 Fighter/Bombers to BF-410G’s, 2 Henkels to 177A Henkels, 3 of my Fighter’s to Bf-110G’s)

(Holding back 3 units in order to get Full Prestige)
Bringing in the air 4 Fighter’s inc +2 Def, +3 Def, +1 Initiative, +3 Att; 2 Fgtr Bombers Helmut Lent, Uber Rudel.
Near Valuyki: 3 17cm arty’s including +1 Movement, +2 Att, and +3 Att, as well as +3 Att Gebirsjaeger .
Near Vovchask: Spotting Kradschutzen, Oleh Dir, Helmut Weinsberger, and Heinz Rondorf.
Near Chuhuiv: StuG3B and StuG3F; 17cm arty; +3 Att 3rd SE Pz3J/1; and +2 Att/1st Init 1st SE Pz3J/1.
Near Baldviya: +3 Att 88; +2 Att/+2 Def Sturmpanzer; +2 Def/+1 Init 2nd SE Pz3J/1; KV-1B; Albert Kerscher; StuG3B; +3 Def 17cm arty.
Next to Verbky: +2 Movement 88; 2 Wurfrahmens, 4th and 5th SE Pz4F/2’s; KV-1B; +1 Att Pioniere; +3 Def Grenadier.

100% Soft Cap

Battle Report:
Day 1 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed aux Tac Bomber, Inf, arty, and seized Kramatorsk and airfield near Izyum.
Day 1: Sunny (100%)
Seized Valuyki.
Destroyed Conscript.

Day 2 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed 2 aux AT’s and aux Tank; 1 Bmbr Trap Fighter hit 2nd SE Ps3J/1 -2 me; and seized Izyum.
Day 2: Sunny (100%)
Pressuring Troits’ke.
Destroyed I-16, Pe-8, and 39mm AA.

Day 3 ai CA:
5th SE Pz4F/2 brought down to 2 Str by a Fighter and 2 T-34/40’s. :evil:
Enemy seized Kupyonsk and Shevchenkove, and Krasnopulivka.
Day 3: Sunny (100%)
Seized Troits’ke and airfield as well as retook Shevchenkove.
Destroyed 2 I-16’s, Mig-3, 2 T-34/40’s, 2 Conscript’s, BA-64, and Mtn Inf.

Day 4 ai CA:
AA hit +2 Def Fighter -4 me; BT-7 ambushed by Grenadier -2 them -1 me; KV-1B ambushed T-34/40 -11 them; and aux inf nicked.
Day 4: Sunny (100%)
Abandoned Shevchenkove to set a trap.
Destroyed T-34/41, BT-7, T-34/40, and IL-4.
Uber Rudel awarded with a +2 Att 2nd Hero. 8)

Day 5 ai CA:
Enemy seized Shevchenkove and trap was sprung. :D :P 8)
Enemy harassed aux tank in Balakliya hard but I hold for the present but may back out and set up another trap and I ambushed BA-64 -7 them.
Day 5: Cloudy (100%)
Seized Svatove.
Destroyed BT-7, 152mm arty, 85mm AA, Mtn Inf, and Yak-1.
Brought out +2 Att Nebelwerfer (93 soft cap)

Day 6 ai CA:
KV-1c destroyed my aux inf; KV-1B hit my KV-1B -1 each and seized Balakliya and I ambushed one of their reg inf.
Day 6: Sunny (93%)
Seized Kramatorsk and Krasnopavlivka.
Destroyed T-34/41, 2 Mtn Inf’s, 152 mm arty, Reg Inf, and Conscript.
18th StuG3B awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.

Day 7 ai CA:
Recon hit aux Inf and then KV-1B destroyed it. Pe-2 bombed +2 Def KV-1B -2 me; AA hit +2 Def Fighter -2 me; Aux Inf hit by KV-2 and was reduced to 6 Str.
Day 7: Sunny (96%)
Destroyed Mtn Inf, SPAAG, BA-64, 2 T-34/41’s, Conscript, and Guards.

Day 8 ai CA:
Attacks coming on very strong now!!! :shock: :evil: :( Enemy destroyed aux tank and aux inf; Arty nicked my +3 Att SE tank and +3 Att AA; Fighter hit +1 Movement arty -2 me; KV-1C and T-34/41 hit Oleh Dir -7 me. :evil: T-34/41 hit my T-34/41 -5 me -1 them.
Day 8: Sunny (100%)
Destroyed LaGG-3, Pe-2, Yak-1, Guards, Reg Inf, KV-1B, Conscript, and Katyusha.
Captured KV-1B was awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Brought out Henkel which dropped me down to 93% Soft cap.

Day 9 ai CA:
Arty and 85th AT hit 4th SE Pz -6 me; KV-1B hit Albert Kerscher guarded by arty -2 each; +2 Att arty hit by T-34/41 -5 me; Guards hit +3 Att Gebirsjaeger -5 me -6 them.
Seized airfield near Severodonetsk.
Destroyed 85mm, T-34/41, KV-2, LaGG-3, Pe-8, and KV-1C.
+3 Def Fighter awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.

Day 10 ai CA:
KV-1B ambushed by me -6 them. Nothing else but movement happened.
Day 10: Sunny (99)
Destroyed Conscript, KV-1B, Guards, 76.2mm AT, and 152mm arty.

Day 11-16 ai CA:
Nothing left
Day 11: Sunny (99)
Seized Izyum and airfield, as well as Balakliya and Svatove.
Destroyed Conscript, KV-1C, and Reg Inf.
Helmut Lent and Albert Kerscher awarded with a Knight’s Cross.

Day 12: Cloudy (99)
Destroyed Conscript, T-34/41, and Katyusha.
1st SE Pz3J/1 awarded with a Knight’s Cross.

Day 13: Sunny (99)
Destroyed SPAAG and 3 Conscript’s.

Day 14: Sunny (99)
Seized Kopyansk.
Destroyed Reg Inf., Katyusha, and Conscript.

Day 15: Cloudy (99)
Nothing happened

Day 16: Sunny (99)
I had backed away from Severodonetsk to allow them to rebuild their army and boy did they.
Destroyed 2 KV-1C’s and 45mm AT.

Day 17 ai CA:
KV-1C’s do a bunch of nick damage on my forces surrounding them.
Day 17: Sunny (100)
Seized Shechenkove.
Destroyed Reg Inf and 3 KV-1C’s.

Day 18- 20: Nothing
Seized Severodonetsk.
Destroyed KV-1C.

Decisive Victory with 50520 ending Prestige
This was a huge Prestige maker for me and I was able to gain major points for force surrendering around Severodonetsk. I highly recommend following a similar plan to raise prestige. This put me almost on par with my Field Marshall run and is getting me excited about possibly exceeding the 75K I was able to accumulate in that playthrough.

Next will be Simferopol with 52520 in prestige to start with.

goose_2

NightPhoenix
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by NightPhoenix »

2nd Kharkov gives you an obscene prestige amount per turn, i think 200. Quite unnecessary wouldn't you say? Especially looking at the difficulty. =P (I remember me getting 100 if I'm not mistaken) So it's no surprise you are boosted so much. I had hoped you would be going for Sevastopol Assault. Any chance of this happening? ;) Looking forward to Stalingrad as well. It would be funny if you were to reach the prestige limit of 99999, who knows, anything is possible (surely it would be on Field Marshal).

Keep up the good work.
hurly
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by hurly »

NightPhoenix wrote: ;) Looking forward to Stalingrad as well. It would be funny if you were to reach the prestige limit of 99999, who knows, anything is possible (surely it would be on Field Marshal).
I don't think 99999 is the Prestige Limit it is the Counter Limit.

You can go well over it and while it does not show the Game calculates it right and you can use and spend the Prestige over 100k normally

Back to Replays
(21.07.2017) Vitebsk, Turn 19 Manstein 4th Time.zip
(90.64 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

NightPhoenix wrote:2nd Kharkov gives you an obscene prestige amount per turn, i think 200. Quite unnecessary wouldn't you say? Especially looking at the difficulty. =P (I remember me getting 100 if I'm not mistaken) So it's no surprise you are boosted so much. I had hoped you would be going for Sevastopol Assault. Any chance of this happening? ;) Looking forward to Stalingrad as well. It would be funny if you were to reach the prestige limit of 99999, who knows, anything is possible (surely it would be on Field Marshal).

Keep up the good work.
I do not see anyway that I can go over 99,999 in prestige, but I like the challenge. Sevastopol Assault....ummm no. 15 Strength Forts are not something I am even going to attempt to try. :oops: :P :mrgreen:

Manstein Simferopol 3rd Time :D
Needed to redo after Turn 7 and again after Round 9 on 2nd time. 3rd time was a keeper after getting a Range Hero on one of my StuG’s. ;)

Starting prestige 52520 after replacements 52222 and some Overstrengthening and upgrades 51148. (51296 on FM) Upgraded 3 Pz4F/2’s to Pz4G’s.
Leaving back 1 unit behind and will bring out when I think it is necessary.

Bringing in the air 3 Fighter’s inc +3 Att; Otto Kittel, and +3 Def; also brought 2 Bf-110G’s inc +3 Def and +3 Att along with +2 Att Junkers as well as Henkel.
On the Left Bringing: +3 Att 88; +3 Def Grenadier; +1 Spot Kradschutzen; +3 Att 17.5cm arty; +2 Att Nebelwerfer; 17cm arty; +1 Range Wurfrahmen; +1 Def Sturmpanzer; StuG3B; +2 Att Gebirsjaeger; +3 Def Gebirsjaeger; StuG3F; and 3 SE Pz’s.
On the Right Bringing: Helmut Weinsberger; 6th Gebirsjaeger; +3 Att Gebirsjaeger; +1 Att Pioniere; 2 KV-1B’s; other 2 SE Pz’s; Albert Kerscher; +2 Att 17cm arty; +1 Movement 17.5cm arty; +2 Att/+2 Def Sturmpanzer; +1 Movement Nebelwerfer; +2 Movement 88; and StuG3B.

(100% soft cap)

Battle Report:
Pressuring Voinka.
Destroyed Mig-3, 2 76.2mm arty’s, 2 Mtn Inf’s, 85mm AT, and 122mm arty.
6th Gebirsjaeger awarded with a +1 Att hero. :? :(
Day 1 ai CA:
Fighter Trap caught them for -9 them. 8)

Took airfield at Voinka.
Destroyed LaGG-3, Pe-2, 2 T-34/41’s, KV-2, 37mm AA, and 76.2mm arty.
+2 Movement 88 awarded Knight’s Cross.
99th StuG3F awarded with a +2 Attack hero.
Day 2-5 ai CA:
nothing

Day 3: Sunny
Retook Suittlem Voinka, and Pravda, as well as pressuring Voskhod.
Destroyed Mig-3, Reg Inf, and 3 Mtn Inf’s.
17th Nblwf awarded with a +2 Att hero.
Day 4and5: Sunny
Seized Chernyshove
Destroyed 2 76.2mm arty’s, BT-5, BT-7, Reg Inf., and Mtn Inf.
21st StuG3B awarded with a +1 Range Hero. This is when I knew this was a keeper. 8)

Seized Voshkinod.
Destroyed 37mm AA, T-26s, 2 Bt-5’s, 3 Conscripts, and Guards.
+3 Att Bf-110G awarded with a +2 Att 2nd hero. Yes!!! 8)
Day 6 ai CA:
A lot of attacks but all of the attacks failed to do damage because of well placed artillery’s only 1 attack from Fighter hit +3 Att SE -2 me.

Day 7: Sunny
Brought out +1 Def Tac Bomber in anticipation of the coming counter attack. (Soft Cap 98%)
Destroyed I-16, 2 Conscript’s, Reg Inf, and T-34/41.
Albert Kerscher awarded with a +3 Def 2nd Hero. 8)
Day 7 ai CA:
nothing

Day 8: Cloudy (98)
Destroyed BA-10, 2 Mtn Inf’s, T-34/41, and Conscript.
Day 8 ai CA:
2 nicks on SE Tanks and they reseized Soitle.

Day 9: Cloudy 98%
Seized Saky and Kormove.
Destroyed LaGG-3, BT-5, 76.2mm AT, and Mtn Inf.
Day 9 ai CA:
nothing

Day 10: Sunny (100 and from here on out)
Seized Toropets and airfield near Idritsa.
Destroyed 2 T-34/41’s, I-16, Conscript, and Mtn Inf.
Day 10 ai CA:
85mm hit 5th SE Pz4G -4 me -6 them

Destroyed 2 BT-5’s, 85mm AT, Pe-2, and Conscript.
+5 Att 21st Fighter Bomber awarded Knight’s Cross.
Day 11 ai CA:
BT-5 ambushed by my KV-1B -3 them -2 me.

Seized Mykolaivka, Bilohirsk, all of Simferopol, and it’s arirfield.
Destroyed Conscript, 4 BT-5’s, Engineer’s, and 76.2mm arty.

Decisive Victory with 52578 ending Prestige

This was the least painful playthrough and best heroes acquired, so a definite keeper.

Being cautious and Seiging Sevastopol with 55578.
goose_2

hurly

Post by hurly »

Replay for Simferopol
(29.07.2017) Simferopol, Turn 12 3rd time Man.zip
(78.02 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
and what else happens in the east at the "pols"
(01.08.2017) Sevastopol Siege, Turn 18 3rd time.zip
(83.84 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Manstein Sevastopol Siege 4th Time :oops:
This was rough that needed to be restarted and tried differently as kept getting caught in rough traps and getting too enthusiastic and getting pummeled for it. :oops: (Sorry, Night Phoenix, no way will I be trying 15 Str Forts on the Sevastopol Assault)

Starting prestige 55578 after replacements 55092 and some Overstrengthening 54622. (53829 on FM :D ;) :twisted:).
Leaving back 2 unit behind and will bring out when I think it is necessary. But Soft Cap is still at 98 :oops:

Bringing in the air 3 Fighter’s inc +3 Att; Otto Kittel, and +2 Def; also brought 2 Bf-110G’s inc +3 Def and +5 Att along with +2Att/+2Def Junkers as well as 2 Henkels.
On the Left Bringing: +3 Att Gebirsjaeger; +1 Spot Grenadier; +1 Movement 17.5cm arty; +1 Movement Nebelwerfer; +2 Att and +3 Att 17.5cm arty; +1 Range StuG3B; 1st and 4th SE Pz’s; +1 Att Pioniere; +1 Init Gebirsjaeger and KV-1B.
On the Right Bringing: +3 Def Gebirsjaeger; +3 Att 88; +1 Range Wurfrahmen; +3 Def Wurfrahmen; StuG 3B; +2 Movement 88; +1 Spot Kradschutzen; +1 Def Sturmpanzer; +2 Att/+2 Def Sturmpanzer; Albert Kerscher; Heinz Rondorf; +2 Def KV-1B; Helmut Weinsberger; and 2nd, 3rd, and 5th SE Pz’s.

(98% soft cap)

Battle Report:
Day 1: Sunny (98)
Destroyed 37mm AA, BA-10.
Day 1 ai CA:
All attacks stopped except KV-2 and I-16 hit 1st SE pz -5 me -3 them.

Day 2: Sunny (98)
Took airfield at Viline as well as Viline itself.
Destroyed 2 T-60’s, 2 I-16’s, KV-2, T-70, and Reg Inf.
Day 2 ai CA:
nothing

Day 3: Sunny (98)
Destroyed Mtn. Inf, Conscript, 45mm AT, and T-70.
Day 3 ai CA:
All attacks stopped by great arty placement and great defense. 8)

Day 4: Sunny (98)
Seized Skalyster.
Destroyed Conscript, T-26s, 76.2mm AT, 2 45mm AT’s, and Mtn. Inf.
Day 4 and5 ai CA:
Nothing

Day 5: Cloudy (98)
Pressuring Bakhchysarai and Vekhorichchya.
Destroyed 76.2mm arty, 85mm AA, and 76.2mm AT.
21st StuG3B awarded with a +1 Range Hero. This is when I knew this was a keeper. 8)

Day6: Sunny (98)
Seized Verkhorichchya, Kacka, and Bakhchysarai, and pressuring Alushta.
Destroyed Reg Inf, KV-2, and Guards.
Day 6 ai CA:
BA-64 ambushed my KV-1B -5 them; I-16 hit KV-1B -2 me; T-34/41 ambushed by aux Matilda 2 -3 them -2 me; KV-1B hit 2nd SE Pz3J/1 guarded by Wurfrahmen -3 them -2 me; and 85MM hit +2 Def Fighter -2 me. (Big Round)

Day 7: Cloudy (100)
Brought out StuG3F in anticipation of the coming counter attack. (Soft Cap 96%)
Destroyed T-34/41, Mig-3, 85mm AA, and BA-64.
Day 7 ai CA:
Fighter Trap 8); 85MM AT and 76.2mm hit Matilda 2 guarded by StuG3B -3 me -9 them; Kradschutzen hit by Battleship -? (forgot to write down) :oops: Enemy retook airfield next to Verkhorichchya.

Day 8: Cloudy (97)
Retook airfield next to Verkhorichchya and seized Alushta.
Destroyed I-16, Mig-3, KV-1B, 76.2mm arty, Mtn Inf, and SMG.
Day 8 ai CA:
Only attack was unsuccessful on Grenadier ended with -10 them. 8)

Day 9: Sunny 98%
Pressuring Northern Part of Sevastopol.
Destroyed 45MM AT and 85mm AT.
Captured +2 Def KV-1B awarded with Iron Cross 1st Class.
Day 9 ai CA:
Arty hit Pioniere -2 me.

Destroyed Parizhskaya Kommuna and SMG.
5th SE Pz4G awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 10 ai CA:
nothing

Destroyed 122mm arty and SMG.
Day 11 ai CA:
nothing

Day 12: Sunny (99)
Pressuring Livadiya.
Destroyed BA-64, SMG, and 85mm AA.
Day 12 ai CA:
AA hit +3 Att Fighter -6 me; Arty hit +2 Att/+2Def Sturmpanzer -4 me; T-34/41 hit KV-1B -2 each; Matilda 2 nicked for 1; +1 Pioniere hit for -2 me.

Day 13: Sunny (100 and from here on out)
Brought out Uber Rudel.
Destroyed T-34/41, 37mm AA, and 2 SMG’s.
Day 13 ai CA:
AA hit +3 Def Fighter/Bomber -5 me; AA hit aux Ju087 -5 me; T-34/41 and Mt. Troopp hit 2nd SE Pz reducing it to 2.

Seized airfield next to Livadiya.
Destroyed SMG, 152mm arty, Krasnyi Kram, T-34/41, Mtn. Inf, and 2 Conscripts.
25th HE-177a awarded a +1 def Hero :|
Day 14 ai CA:
Heavy Cruiser hit Helmut Weinsberger -2 me; 85mm hit +1 Def Henkel -2 me; 85 hit Uber Rudel -2 me; Conscript hit +2 Att arty guarded by StuG -1 me -4 them.

Seized Zelene and Livadiya.
Destroyed Conscript, 37mm AA, SMG, and Conscript.
Day 15 ai CA:
85 took down aux Ju-87; Conscript hit KV-1B in Zelene -4 me.

Day 16: Sunny
Seized airfield near Foros and Northern part of Sevastopol.
Destroyed 85mm AA, 152mm arty, and Krasni Kavkaz.
Day 16 ai CA:
Aux Matilda brought down to 1 Str.

Destroyed T-34/41, Conscript, Engineer.
+1 Move arty awarded with a +1 Range 2nd hero…8)
Day 17 ai CA:
Molotov hit Pioniere -3 me.

Seized Simeiz, Foros, and airfield next to Zelene.
Destroyed 2 SMG’s, 85mm AA, Guards, and Conscript.

Decisive Victory with 55943 ending Prestige

This was the least painful playthrough and best heroes acquired, so a definite keeper.

Next Voronezh with 58443.
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Manstein Voronezh 2nd Time
Started again after unsatisfied with first 4 days.
Starting prestige 58443 after replacements 57776, some Overstrengthening and then some upgrades 56700.
(Upgraded 1 Ju-87R to D, StuG3F to StuG3F/8, and 3 Pz3J/1’s to N’s and the other one to a 3L.)

Bringing in the air 3 Fighter’s inc +2 Def, +3 Att, Otto Kittel; 2 Fgtr Bombers Helmut Lent, +3 Def; Henkel; and +2 Def Junker.
In the South: Helmut Weinsberger, +3 Def Gebirsjaeger and Grenadier as well as +3 Att Gebirsjaeger, +2 Att 17cm and regular 17cm arty, +1 Def Sturmpanzer, T-34/41, +2 Att/+2 Def Sturmpanzer, +1 Range Wurfrahmen, +3 Att 88, StuG3B, +2 Att/1st Init 1st SE Pz3J/1, 4th SE Pz4F/2, +2 Att Pz3N, and 2nd KV-1B.
In the North: Kradschutzen, +2 Def Pioniere, +1 Att Pioniere; +2 Att Gebirsjaeger, +2 Def/+1 Init 2nd SE Pz3J/1 +3 Att 3rd SE Pz3J/1; and 5th SE Pz4F/2; StuG3F/8; +2 Movement 88; +1 Range/+1 Movement 17cm arty; +2 Def KV-1B; +3 Att 17cm; +1 Movement Nebelwerfer; +3 Def Wurfrahmen.

98% Soft Cap

Battle Report:
Day 1: Sunny (98%)
Seized Stary, Oskol, Sointsevo, Shchigry, and Dolgoye.
Destroyed 76.2mm arty, 37mm AA, Conscript, and another 76.2mm arty.
+2 Def 39th Pioniere awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.
Day 1 ai CA:
Fighter trap sprung. :twisted:

Day 2: Sunny (89%)
Seized Ostrogozhsk and Yelet.
Destroyed 2 Bridge Engineer’s, 2 I-16’s, 76.2mm arty, Conscript, and Mt. Troop.
Awarded Fighter Walter Nowatny
Day 2 ai CA:
Bomber hit +3 Def Wurfrahmen -3 me and Fighter hit +1 Range StuG3B -1 me.

Day 3: Sunny (91%)
Destroyed T-34/41 and I-16.
Day 3 ai CA:
Rough Round for me as Bomber hit KV-1B -8 me and unfortunately a KV-1B, Cavalry, and Mt Troop hit StuG3B -12 me.

Day 4: Sunny (97%)
Seized Liski and Kastornoye.
Destroyed Pe-2, Mt. Troop, Guards, Mt. Troop, Cavalry, Conscript, KV-1B.
+1 Initiative 4th SE Pz4G awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.
Bought 8 reg reps for StuG3B.
Day 4 ai CA:
Fighter Trap worked and enemy Moved up but did not attack.

Day 5: Sunny (95%)
Seized Buturlinovka and nearby airfield.
Destroyed 2 T-34/41’s, LaGG-3, Cavalry, and Mtn Troop.
Day 5 ai CA:
Nothing

Day 6: Sunny (95%)
Destroyed Cavalry, Pe-2, T-26s, 76.2 mm arty, Reg Inf, T-60, 76.2mm arty.
6th arty awarded +2 Def Hero.
Day 6 ai CA:
KV-1B hit Helmut Weinsberger guarded by Wurfrahmen -1 them -3 me; +2 Att Gebirsjaeger hit by arty and T-26S -2 me -4 them; and additional arty nicked a couple more units.

Day 7: Sunny (97%)
Pressuring Tolovaya, Zadonsk, and Voronezh.
Destroyed 37mm AA, 2 Conscripts, T-26S, and 2 regular Inf’s.
+2 Att/+2 Def Sturmpanzer awarded with a Knight’s Cross.
Day 7 ai CA:
KV-1B hit my T-34/41 -5 me -2 them; arty and Conscript hit StuG 3B guarded by Wurfrahmen -1 me -7 them; T-34/41 hit +2 Def KV-1B -4 them -1 me.

Day 8: Sunny (100%)
Seized Zadonsk and part of Voronezh.
Destroyed 2 KV-1B’s, Guards, T-34/41, Conscript, Kv-2, 76.2mm AT.
24th HE-177A awarded with a +2 Attack Hero
Day 8 and 9 ai CA: Nothing

Day 9: Sunny (100)
Seized Talovaya and rest of Voronezh.
Destroyed Guards, 122mm arty, and 85mm AA.

Day 10: Sunny (100)
Seized Lipetsk and pressuring Zherdevka.
Destroyed 3 Conscript’s and Bridge Engineer.
Day 10-13 ai CA:
Ton of stuff built around Usman, but nothing ever does damage again.

Day 11: Sunny (100)
Seized Pereleshinsky, Mordova, and airfield near Voronezh.
Destroyed BT-5, T-60, M1939 Bofors.
+3 Att 3rd SE BA Pz3L awarded +2 Def 2nd Hero 8)

Day 12: Sunny (97)
Destroyed Conscript, T3 BT-5’s and 85mm AA.
Awarded KV-1B for seizing Pereleshinsky. 8)

Day 13: Sunny (97)
Seized last airfield and Zherdevka.
Destroyed 76.2mm arty, and Guards.

Decisive Victory with 58657 ending Prestige
Great Round, Great Scenario that was all mine, just needed 2nd time around for smarter play, just a few mistakes or bad rolls, but Super pleased with this playthrough though. Air battles next time so strong air force and AA guns. :D

Next will be Novoanninsky with 60606 in prestige to start with, yes above 60k.

goose_2

huckc
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by huckc »

Nice progress! Curious, which future scenarios are you most worried about at this level?

Myself, I'm already stuck on Gazala line in Afrika Korps playing on Manstein.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

huckc wrote:Nice progress! Curious, which future scenarios are you most worried about at this level?

Myself, I'm already stuck on Gazala line in Afrika Korps playing on Manstein.
Well, I am not sure what you mean by your question.

If you are talking about 1942 scenarios there were 2 Scenario's that I accepted a Marginal Victory on, can you guess which 2?

As I am just starting 1943 I am worried about Ponyri, as my tutor/mentor NightPhoenix's run through on Rommel states that he is having difficulty getting a Decisive Victory...since you need a Decisive to have the chance of raiding the armory, I just do not think it will be possible.

As far as 1943 missions I fear of surviving to push through, I do not worry because I am more than willing to accept Marginal Victory's at this point.

It is 1944 and definitely 1945 that are going to be the real bears.
I am pleased at my glut of prestige and thanks to lessons learned from Night Pheonix, I believe I will be entering 1945 with a lot more than I did on my Field Marshall level.

I have learned so much since my first playthrough, that is why I love this game so much as even with it's ease of play, to master it, takes creativity and real new thinking on old scenarios. (I am still learning and enjoying the lessons you all share with me.)

Blessings
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Manstein Novoanninsky 1st Time :D
Almost perfect playthrough for the entire run until the last few days, which I was not going to start all over for a rough Final few days.
Starting prestige 60606 after replacements 60496, some Overstrengthening 60052. (Almost 2000 more than on Field Marshall run)

Bringing in the air 4 Fighter’s inc Walter Nowatny, +1 Att, Otto Kittel and Heinrich Bar; 3 Fgtr Bombers Helmut Lent, +3 Def, and +5 Att; and Henkel.
On the Ground:
+1 Spot Kradschutzen; T-34/41, +2 Att 17cm arty, +3 Att Gebirsjaeger, Freidrich Pein, all 5 SE Pz’s, +2 Att StuG3-F/8, +1 Att Pioniere, 2 Captured KV-1B’s, +3 Att 88, +1 Move/+1 Range 17cm arty, +3 Def 88, +3 Def Wurfrahmen, +1 Range Wurfrahmen, Albert Kerscher, +2 Movement 88, 17cm arty, Helmut Weinsberger, 2 Sturmpanzer’s, 2 StuG3B’s, +1 Spot Grenadier, +3 Att 17cm arty.

99% Soft Cap
Leaving Back 2 units

Battle Report:
Day 1: Sunny (99%)
Seized Kikvidze.
Destroyed I-16, 45mm AT, 4 Conscript’s.
2nd KV-1B awarded +2 Def Hero
Day 1-2 ai CA:
Nothing

Day 2: Sunny (99%)
Seized Uryupinsk.
Destroyed 45mm AT, I-16, and IL-4.

Day 3: Rainy (99%)
Seized Lukovskaya and Seneovka
Destroyed Conscript.
Day 3 ai CA:
Major Viegor ambushed by Albert Kirscher guarded by 2 StuG’s -8 them -0 me 8); T-34/40’s hit KV-1B guarded by arty -4 them each with only a single nick on me. :twisted:

Day 4: Sunny (100%)
Seized Vopazocka and airfield near Trostyanka.
Destroyed BA-10, T-90 SPAAG, Major Viegor, and T-34/40.
Day 4 ai CA:
20 Str I-16 hit +1 Range Wurfrahmen -6 me; +1 Move/+1 Range 17cm arty hit by LaGG-3 -1 me; Hurricane and arty hit +3 Def Wurfrahmen -1 me; Katyusha and T-34/40 hit +1 Att Pioniere -5 me
(ROUGH ROUND) :oops:

Day 5: Sunny (100%)
Seized Trostyaska and Pervokameskiy.
Destroyed LaGG-3, 76.2mm arty, I-16, T-34/40, KV-2, 2 76.2mm arty’s.
3rd SE BA Pz3L +3 Att/+2Def awarded Knights Cross.
Brought out +2 Att Tac Bomber and +2 Def Tac Bomber (100)
Day 5 ai CA:
A lot of enemy movement but only attack was Mt Troop attacking +2 Def/+2 Att Sturmpanzer -2 me.

Day 6: Sunny (98%) So weird how that changes this day versus being at 100% end of last round
Seized Filonovskaya.
Destroyed 3 T-34/40’s, T-90 SPAAG, 2 Katyusha’s, and Mtn Inf.
+2 Att StuG3 F/8 awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.
Day 6 ai CA:
Nothing

Day 7: Sunny (98%)
Pressuring Novoanninsky and Nekhaevskiy.
Destroyed Cavalry, M3-Lee, and T-34/40.
Day 7 ai CA:
Bomber Trap and Fighter Trap worked beautifully but still had my StuG3B +1 Range hero get nicked.

Day 8: Sunny (99%)
Seized Yaminskiy and nearby airfield, Nekhaevskiy, and airfield near Yaminskiy.
Destroyed IL-4, Hurricane 4, 2 Yak-7’s BT-7, 76.2mm AT, 37 mm AA, Guards, and 122 mm arty.
Day 8 ai CA:
1 ambush and other trap. :twisted:

Seized most of Novoanniskiy and pressuring Dinamo.
Destroyed T-26s, 2 Conscripts, Engineer’s, and Reg Inf.
Helmut Lent awarded +2 Att 2nd Hero. 8)
Day 9 -10 ai CA:
Nothing

Seized Piramo and Novoanninsky and even Rogozhin.
Destroyed Conscript, Guards and Mtn. Inf.

Seized Eterevskaya and Ezhovka and pressuring Sulyaevskiy.
Destroyed Cavalry, MTN Inf., 76.2mm arty, and KV-1C.
Day 11 ai CA:
2 AA’s hit +5 Att Fighter Bomber -7 me. :oops: :evil: DUMB!

Day 12: Sunny (100)
Destroyed Mtn. Inf and 76.2mm AT.
Day 12 ai CA:
KV-1A hit 2nd SE Pz3N guarded by StuG 3B -2 them -1 me. Arty hit Kradschutzen -2 me. 85mm hit T-34/41 guarded by Wurfrahmen -10 them -2 me.

Day 13: Sunny (100)
Pressuring Mikhaylovka.
Destroyed 76.2mm arty, 85mm AT, KV-1A, 76.2mm AT, 45mm AT, and 85mm AA.
Day 13 ai CA:
Arty nicked StuG3B

Day 14: Cloudy (100)
Seized Sulyaevskiy, Mikhaylovka, and airfield.
Destroyed 2 Reg Inf’s, 203mm arty, 76.2mm AT, and 85mm AT.

Decisive Victory with 62106 ending Prestige
This was perfect until the bitter end where I felt I got desperate, but overall very pleased with the results and excited to keep succeeding and earning more prestige than on Field Marshall run.

Next will be Illovlya with 64606 in prestige to start with.

goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Took some time today before I leave to type this up:
Manstein Illovlya 3rd time :oops:
Needed to restart a couple of times after rethinking 3rd round as well as 8th round. Careful around those days and as you press into the train area as it can get dicey with the amount of units they can bring around your units and flank you.

Starting prestige 64606 after replacements 64484 and some Overstrengthening 63594. (61096 on FM :D ;) :twisted:).
Leaving back 2 unit behind and will bring out when I think it is necessary. Soft Cap at 100

Bringing in the air 4 Fighter’s inc Heinrich Bar; Otto Kittel, Walter Nowatny and +2 Def; also brought 2 Bf-110G’s inc Uber Rudel.
On the East around Lyubmovskiy and Shurpovskiy Bringing: StuG 3B, StuG3F/8, 2nd, 3rd, 4th SE Pz’s, T-34/41, +2 Def 2nd KV-1B, Oleh Dir, +3 Att 17.5cm arty, another 17cm arty; +2 Att/+2 Def Sturmpanzer; +1 Movement Nebelwerfer; +3Def and +3 Att 88.
On the West: 1st and 5th SE Pz’s; 1st and 3rd KV-1B’s; +1 Def Sturmpanzer; +1 Range StuG3B; +1 Range Wurfrahmen; +3 Def Wurfrahmen; +2 Att 17.5cm arty; +1 Movement/+1 Range 17.5cm arty; Albert Kerscher; +3 Att Gebirsjaeger; Helmut Weinsberger; Freidrich Pein; +2 Movement 88.

(100% soft cap the entire mission)

Battle Report:
Seized airfield near Kozlov
Destroyed 37mm AA, BA-64, Conscript, I-16, and Mt. Troop.
Day 1 ai CA:
Bomber Trap worked. 8) ; Arty hit Kradschutzen -3 me :( ; Fighter nicked Albert Kerscher.

Day 2: Sunny (100)
Seized Kozlov, Orlovskiy, and Kletski.
Destroyed Pe-2, 2 76.2mm arty’s, I-16, 122mm arty, Reg Inf, KV-1A, 45mm AT, BA-10, and T-60.
Day 2 ai CA:
T-26S ambushed by Albert Kerscher -7 them 8)

Day 3: Rainy
Seized Kondrashi
Destroyed T-26s, T-70, BA-64.
Brought out +2 Att Tac Bomber.
Day 3 ai CA:
Conscripts ambushed by 3rd SE Pz3L guarded by Sturmpanzer -5 them.

Seized Solodcha as well as its airfield and airfield near Kletski.
Destroyed Conscript, 37mm AA, and BA-64.
Day 4 ai CA:
Enemy came at me hard with 3 T-34/43’s destroyed me T-34/41 guarded by artillery. :cry: :evil: :(
T-90 SPAAG hit Otto Kittel -1 me.

Seized Kamyshinskiy and Krimenskaya.
Destroyed SMG, T-90 SPAAG, T-34/43 and Mt Inf.
Brought out Henkel to replace lost T-34/41. Still at 100% soft cap.
Day 5 ai CA:
All attacks stopped by well placed artillery. 8)

Day6: Sunny
Destroyed SMG and 3 T-34/43’s.
Day 6 ai CA:
Only 1 single attack that was stopped by artillery.

Destroyed T-34/43 and 4 SMG’s.
Day 7 ai CA:
Fighter and 2 T-34/43’s hit KV-1B guarded by StuG 3B -2 me -6 them and Fighter hit +1 Range Wurfrahmen -3 me. (Rough stuff)

Day 8: Sunny (97)
Seized Ivanovka.
Brought out another T-34/41 as want to try to build up one of these to get a 1st hero.
Destroyed Train, Regular Inf, 122mm artillery.
Day 8 ai CA:
Bomber Trap worked. 8)
T-34/43 hit +2 Def KV-1B guarded by Nebelwerfer -3 each; T-34/43 ambushed by Friedrich Pein -7 them; and Albert Kerscher nicked by Fighter.
Enemy seized Kamyshiskiy.

Day 9: Sunny
Destroyed Yak-7, IL-4, 2 T-34/43’s, and 45mm AT.
StuG3B awarded +2 Def hero. 8)
Day 9 ai CA:
Only attack that did damage was a T-34/43 hitting Green KV-1B guarded by Wurfrahmen -1 me -2 them.

Retook Kamyshiskiy
Destroyed 2 T-34/43’s, Conscript, M3 Lee, and BA-10.
Day 10 ai CA:
Bomber hit 4th SE Pz4g -2 me; Fighter hit +1 Def Sturmpanzer -2 me; AA hit +3 Def Fighter Bomber -3 me; SMG hit Freidrich Pein -1 me; KV-1B hit 2nd SE Pz3N -2 me -3 them. (Really Rough Round) :shock: :evil:

Seized Part of Illovlya.
Destroyed Lagg-3, KV-1B, Guards, 85mm AA, 76.2mm AT, SMG, Katyusha, and 37mm AA.
+2 Def Fighter awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.
+2 Att 34th Tac Bomber awarded +2 Def 2nd Hero.
Day 11 ai CA:
AA nicked Strat Bomber; AA and weakened Fighter hit +2 Att/+2Def Tac Bomber -3 me; SMG hit Friedrich Pein -2 me -7 them. (Man they still have bite)

Day 12: Cloudy
Destroyed T-34/43, Pe-8, Guards, Yak-1, 2 SMG’s, and T-90 SPAAG.
Day 12 ai CA:
2 T-34/41’s tried hitting StuG3B guarded by 2 additional artillery’s -4 them 8) and arty nicked by arty.

Seized Shirokov and backed out of Illovlya.
Destroyed 2 T-34/41’s, Conscript and a Train.
Day 13 ai CA:
Fighter Trap 8)
2 T-34/41’s and Conscript hit +2 Def StuG3B -5 me and they retook Ilovlya.

Pressuring Pan-shino
Destroyed T-34/41, I-16, 3 Conscripts, Train, 2 85mm AA’s, and IL-4.
Day 14 ai CA:
Conscript hit +1 Range Wurfrahmen guarded by arty -3 each and KV-2 hit Oleh Dir -3 each.

Destroyed Conscript, 152mm arty, T-34/41, KV-2, and Armoured Train.
Day 15 ai CA:
Arty nicked my arty.

Pressuring Sumofalovka and seized all of Illovlya. 8)
Destroyed Lagg-3, BT-5, 122mm arty, Guards, Reg Inf, and Train.
Day 16 ai CA:
Nothing

Destroyed 203mm arty, 2 45mm T’s, 85mm AA, and 2 Trains.
Day 17 ai CA:
BT-7 hit 1st SE Pz3N -1 me -7 them

Seized Medvedev and last airfield.
Destroyed Conscript, 152mm arty, Reg Inf, 37mm AA, and BT-5.
Day 18 ai CA:
Nothing

Seized Samofalovka and pressuring Stalingrad.
Destroyed River Boat and 2 Conscripts.
Day 19 ai CA:
Nothing

Seized Stalingrad and Pan’Shino and destroyed everything else.

Decisive Victory with 68301 ending Prestige

I am super happy as I now have almost 7000 more in prestige than I did in my Field Marshall run and really starting to feel like I can do these scenarios with Decisive Victory’s now that I have amassed such a large diverse army, but we shall see.

Next Buzinovka Depot with 68301.
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Manstein Buzinovka Depot 1st Time :D
Starting prestige 68301 after replacements 67893, some Overstrengthening and upgrades 66622. (Almost 5000 more than on Field Marshall run)

Here is what I brought to get this done: (From what I have been able to research Heavy Armor is needed on this one so bringing some nut crackers.)
In order to do that updated 1 3.7cm Pak to a StuG3F/8 and holding back 1 Fighter/Bomber to save for later and maximize prestige.

Bringing in the air 4 Fighter’s inc Walter Nowatny, +2 Def, Otto Kittel and Heinrich Bar; 2 Fgtr Bombers Uber Rudel and +3 Def; and +2 Att Henkel.
Around Kolpachki: SE 2nd Pz3N and 4th Pz4G; +2 Att Stug3 F/8; 1st KV-1C; 3rd KV-1B; +3 Att 88; +3 Def 88; 17cm arty including +3 Att and +2 Att; +1 Movement Nebelwerfer; +1 Spot Recon; +3 Def Gebirsjaeger; Freidrich Pein.
North of Stepnoy: +2 Att Nebelwerfer; +3 Att Gebirsjaeger; 1st SE Pz3N; StuG3F/8.
Around Bereslavka: +2 Att/+ Def Sturmpanzer and +1 Def Sturmpanzer; +1 Move/+1 Range 17cm arty; +1 Range Wurfrahmen; +1 Range StuG3B; +2 Def StuG3B; T-34/41; 2 +2 Def KV-1B’s; +2 Movement 88; Helmut Weinsberger; +1 Spot Kradschutzen.

100% Soft Cap Entire mission
Leaving Back 1 units

Battle Report:
Day 1: Sunny
Seized Noroyapichev, Stepnoy, and pressuring Tikhonovka.
Destroyed P-40 Warhawk, 37mm AA, Hurricane, and 2 Conscript’s.
Day 1 ai CA:
Fighter nicked 3rd SE Pz3L; Walter Nowatny hit by mobil AA -3 me; Uber Rudel nicked by another Mobil AA.

Seized Tikhonovka, as well as pressuring Zarya and several Buzinovka Depot’s.
Destroyed M4 Sherman, 2 M16 MGMC’s, 3 Conscripts, P-40 Warhawk, Hurricane Mk1, and Valentine 3.
Day 2 ai CA:
KV-5 hit KV-1B -2 me -2 them; KV-5 hit +2 Def KV-1B -2 me -1 them; Valentine 3 hit +1 Spot Kradschutzen guarded by 17cm arty -3 me -4 them.

Day 3: Rainy
Seized Buzinovka Depot (18,9)
Destroyed Valentine 3 and 2 M16MGMC’s.
Day 3 ai CA:
Only attack that did damage was a Churchill Mk2 hitting my +3 Defensive Gebirsjaeger guarded by 2 arty’s -2 me.

Seized Zarya and main airfield near Buzinovka.
Destroyed M3 Stuart, Churchill Mk2, 122mm arty, KV-2, and train.
Helmut Weinsberger awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.
+3 Def Fighter/Bomber awarded +2 Defensive 2nd Hero. 8)
Day 4 ai CA:
Armoured Train and plane hit +1 Range StuG3B -2 me; Churchill Mk2 hit KV-1C -5 them -2 me; Churchill Mk2 hit +2 Att Nblwerfer -5 me.
(ROUGH ROUND) :oops:

Day 5: Rainy
Seized Buzinovka Depot (19,11) and (13,9).
Destroyed Conscript, Train, Churchill MkII, 2 M3’s, and M16MGMC.
Bought 2 elite replacements for 32nd StuG3F/8 and 5 reg reps for Walter Nowatny.
Day 5 ai CA:
BA-10 ambushed -5 them; Grant hit Freidrich Pein -3 them -2 me and I was awarded with Iron Cross 2nd Class. KV-5 seized main airfield and hit the 5th Pz4G guarded by StuG3B -5 me -2 them.

Day 6: Sunny
ReSeized Main Airfield and Buzinovka Depot (10,11).
Destroyed Churchill MkII, KV-5, M4 Sherman, Train, and BA-10.
Awarded M4 Sherman.
Day 6 ai CA:
Sherman ambushed by +3 Def 88-9 them -0 me. 8) Hurricane nicked T-34/41 and +1 Movement Nebelwerfer hit by Conscript -6 each.

Day 7: Cloudy
Seized Center Main Buzinovka Depot and pressuring Nariman.
Destroyed M3-Lee, M4 Sherman, Valentine 3, Armoured Train, and 2 Supply Trains.
Bought 1 regular Rep for +2 Att Nblwf.
32nd StuG 3F/8 awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 7 ai CA:
Churchill MkII and M3 hit M4 Sherman -7 me -5 them.

Seized Buzinovka Depot (13,15) (16,14) and 2nd Main Airfield.
Destroyed 2 Valentine 3’s, Hurricane, Train, and 85mm AA.
Day 8 ai CA:
Conscript ambushed by 5th SE Pz4G -5 them -1 me.

Seized Bratsky and airfield nearest to Stalingrad, as well as pressuring Stepanevka.
Destroyed Conscript and 37mm AA.
Awarded with an M4 Sherman and a 122mm SU-122.
+1 Movement/+1 Range 17cm arty awarded Knight’s Cross.
Day 9 ai CA:
P-40 Warhawk nicked 3rd SE Pz3L; M3 Sherman and SMG hit +1 Def Sturmpanzer -8 me; SMG hit damaged M4 Sherman leaving me with just 1 str left.

Seized Stepanevka and pressuring Krepinskiy.
Destroyed 2 Conscript’s, P-40 Warhawk, and Churchill MkII.
Day 10 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed weakened Sherman; SMG hit +1 Movement/+1 Range 17 cm arty -3 me -1 them.
Walter Nowatny brought down to just 2 Strength by 2 Fighters. Yikes! :shock: :evil:
Bomber Trap worked but still did 2 damage to 4th SE Pz4G.

Day 11: Rainy
Only moved units and attacked where I could and am now pressuring Ovrazhnyy.
Day 11 ai CA:
M3 Lee hit +3 Att Gebirsjaeger guarded by 2 arty’s -1 me -2 them. The other attack was stopped.

Seized Ovrazhnyy and Krepinsky and nearby airfield.
Destroyed 122mm arty, Reg Inf, 37mm AA, Valentine 3, La-5, M3 Lee, and M4 Sherman.
Day 12 ai CA:
Enemy seized Zarya; Valentine 3 and Conscript hit M4 Sherman -8 me; M3 and M4 Sherman hit Helmut Weinsberger in Buzinovka Depot -4 each.

Pressuring Severnyy.
Destroyed M3, M4 Sherman, 2 Conscripts, and 2 Valentine 3’s.
Day 13 ai CA:
M3 hit +2 Def StuG3B -2 each; AA hit Strat Bomber -2 me and Bomber nicked my 122mm arty.

Pressuring Prudovyy, retook Zarya and retook Buzinovka Depot.
Destroyed La-5, IL-2 Sturmovich, M3 Lee, Valentine 3, and another M3 Lee.
Bought 2 reg reps for +2 att Nebelwerfer.
Day14 ai CA:
M4 Sherman hit +3 Att Gebirsjaeger guarded by StuG3B -2 each

Destroyed Churchill MkII.
Captured T-34/41 awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 15 ai CA:
Nothing

Pressuring Mariman and seized Severnyy.
Destroyed Reg Inf, 45mm AT, M4 Sherman, Conscript, and 85mm AA.
Day 16 ai CA: Arty nicked Helmut Weinsberger and guards were ambushed. 8)

Day 17: Cloudy
Seized Nariman and Prudovyy and its airfield.
Destroyed 122mm arty, BT-5, Reg Inf, and 85mm AT.

Decisive Victory with 68628 ending Prestige (still 5000 more than Field Marshall)

Next will be Storming Stalingrad with 70628 in prestige to start with.
Almost lost several units and did lose 1 newly awarded M4 Sherman but moving forward hoping I do not get destroyed in Stalingrad.

goose_2

TSPC37730
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by TSPC37730 »

Curious to see how the first Stalingrad scenario plays out. My guess is that it will be extremely challenging. Maybe even too much.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

TSPC37730 wrote:Curious to see how the first Stalingrad scenario plays out. My guess is that it will be extremely challenging. Maybe even too much.
Yep, you are right. Stalingrad Broke me ;)

Manstein Storming Stalingrad 3rd time
First time started after 10th Round fiasco.
Lost a unit in 15th Round so wanted to retry without a loss. ;)

Starting prestige 70628 after replacements 69854 sold M4 Shermam 70237 and upgraded +1 Def Sturmpanzer, +3 Def 17cm and +2 Def 17cm arty’s to StuG3B’s 69574 and than Overstrengthening 65746 and then even more Overstrengthening 65200. (Going Deep as this is tough and SoftCap is at 99)

Bringing in the air 4 Fighter’s inc Heinrich Bar; +1 Init, +1 Att, +3 Def Fighters; also brought all Bf-110G’s inc Uber Rudel. +5 Att, +5 Def, and Helmut Lent.
Around Gor’hovskiy Bringing: Heinz Rondorf; +1 Movement Flammpanzer; T-34/41; +2 Movement and +3 Att 88; +1 Movement Nebelwerfer; 1st – 3rd SE Pz’s; +1 Spot Recon; +3 Def Grenadier; Freidrich Pein; +2 Att and +3 Att Gebirsjaeger; +1 Movement/+1 Range 17.5cm arty; SU-122; 2 +2 Def StuG3B’s, as well as +1 Range StuG3B.
Around Novaya Nadezhda Bringing: +1 Def and +3 Def StuG3B; +2 Att/+2 Def Sturmpanzer; 4th and 5th SE Pz’s; StuG3F/8; +2 Def Flammpanzer; +3 Def Gebirsjaeger; Oleh Dir; Helmut Weinsberger; +1 Spot Kradschutzen; +3 Att and +2 Att 17.5cm arty, and +1 Range Wurfrahmen.

(99% soft cap at the start but after 3rd Day 100 the rest of the time)

Battle Report:
Day 1: Sunny (99)
Destroyed 2 LaGG-3’s, Mtn Inf, and T-26S.
Day 1 ai CA:
Mtn Inf hit aux Ital. Inf guarded by M40 -1 them -4 me.

Day 2: Sunny (99)
Seized Stalingrad (20,33) and airfield (18,32).
Destroyed LaGG-3, 2 76.2cm arty’s, 122mm arty, and 3 Regular Inf’s.
2nd SE Pz3N awarded Knight’s Cross.
5th SE Pz4G awarded with +1 Movement first hero. 8)
Day 2 ai CA:
T-34/41 surprised by Heinz Rondorf -1 me -2 them; Conscript and SMG hit T-34/41 in city -6 me -7 them; 2 arty’s trap’s sprung; Reg Inf and Mt Troop hit Ital. Bersagleiri -8 me -5 them.

Day 3: Sunny (100 from here on out)
Seized airfield (19,4) and Stalingrad (19,30) and (25,33)
Destroyed Conscript, 2 37mm AA’s, 85mm AA, T-34/41, Conscript, and Mtn Inf.
Day 3 ai CA:
Colonel Raiynin attacked Helmut Weinsberger in Gumrak guarded by Wurfrahmen -1 me -8 them; Reg Inf, Mtn Troop hit ital. 88 -6 me -2 them; and enemy retook Stalingrad (26,33)

Seized Stalingrad (18,29) (18,27).
Destroyed 2 SMG’s, Reg Inf, Mtn Inf, Colonel Raiynin, and 2 37mm AA’s.
Uber Rudel awarded Knight’s Cross with Oak Leaves.
Bought 4 reg reps for Italian Inf.
Day 4 ai CA:
Enemy Destroyed aux AT used as bait.

Seized Stalingrad (22, 33) (26, 30) (27, 32) and Gumrak.
Destroyed T-60, 2 Conscript’s, and Reg Inf.
Day 5 ai CA:
Enemy Destroyed auxiliary Ital AA; SMG hit Ital Inf guarded by arty -9 me -4 them; SMG hit Freidrich Pein -8 them -0 me 8)
2 Ital Inf nicked by Central airfield Raiding party but since guarded by arty’s it did them more damage than incurred with me.
SMG tried hitting StuG3B but stopped by another arty.

Retook Stalingrad (20,33) and seized Stalingrad (21, 25)
Destroyed 2 SMG’s, Reg Inf, Conscript, 76.2mm arty, 122mm arty, and T-60.
Day 6 ai CA:
Fighter Trap worked. 8)
T-26S self emulated on my aux Bersagleiri; Conscript and SMG tried hitting Ital Inf guarded by Nblwerfer -12 them -0 me. 8)
T-34/43 hit 2nd Pz3N -2 me -6 them.

Seized all of Betonnaya and nearby airfield as well as Stalingrad (21, 28) and (23, 26)
Destroyed T-60, LaGG-3, 3 Conscript’s and SMG.
Bought 8 Reg Reps for aux Bersagleiri and 9 for aux Ital Inf.
+1 Move 33rd Nebelwerfer was awarded Knight’s Cross.
Day 7 ai CA:
SMG tried hitting +1 Movement 5th SE Pz4G guarded by 2 arty’s -3 them.

Destroyed T-70, T-34/43, and SMG.
Day 8 ai CA:
T-60 ambushed by AB-41 Italian Auxiliary Recon guarded by Wurfrahmen -4 them -3 me; Seized Airfield with SMG that tried hitting my +3 Att Gebirsjaeger guarded by M-40 -8 them -0 me. +3 Att 26th Gebirsjaeger awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.

Seized Stalingrad (21, 22) and (24,28)
Destroyed Conscript, 2 SMG’s, and T-70.
Day 9 ai CA:
Enemy Seized part of Betonnaya; SMG hit Helmut Weinsberger guarded by StuG3B -6 them -0 me.

Retook Betonnaya and nearby airfield.
Destroyed 3 T-60S, T-70, T-34/41, and 2 SMG’s.
+5 Def 22nd Fighter Bomber awarded with Knight’s Cross.
Bought 6 Elite Replacements for T-34/41.
Day 10 ai CA:
2 SMG’s tried attacking but only +3 Def Grenadier nicked because of good arty coverage.

Day 11: Rainy
Seized Stalingrad (24, 20).
Destroyed 2 SMG’s and a 76.2mm arty.
Bought 3 Regular Reps for Italian Recon.
Day 11 ai CA:
T-34/43 hit M14/41 guarded by 2 arty’s -2 them -4 me; Conscript tried hitting StuG3B guarded by 2 arty’s -8 them.

Seized Stalingrad (26, 21) (25, 23)
Destroyed 2 T-34/43’s, 2 Conscript’s, and a 76.2mm arty.
Day 12 ai CA:
Nothing but ineffectual attacks.

Seized Stalingrad (28, 20) (31, 20) (30, 19) (34, 19) (36, 19) (29, 26) (Huge Round for moving forward)
Destroyed 122mm arty, 76.2mm arty, 2 Conscript’s, T-70, and an SMG.
Bought 3 reg reps for Ital Inf and 5 for Ital Tank.
Day 13 ai CA:
Freidrich Pein nicked, +2 Def StuG3B nicked, and Ital M40 hit by T-34/41 -9 me; AA hit aux Tac Bomber -8 me; Conscript hit Ital Inf guarded by 17cm arty -2 me -8 them.

Seized Stalingrad (29, 23)
Destroyed T-34/41, Conscript, 2 76.2mm arty’s, SMG, and 122mm arty.
Day 14 ai CA:
Arty hit Freidrich Pein -2 me; Arty nicked T-34/41; T-70 attacked +2 Def Flamm guarded by StuG3B -6 them -0 me 8) ; Conscript attacked Ital Inf -3 me -1 them.

Seized Stalingrad (31, 26) (31, 23)
Destroyed Conscript, 2 SMG’s, Fort, T-70, and T-60.
Bought 3 regular reps for Italian Inf, 8 regular reps for aux Bomber, and 1 Reg Rep for 5th SE Pz4G.
Day 15 ai CA:
SMG hit Ital Tank -2 me; Conscript hit Bersaglieri -6 me -4 them.

Destroyed 152mm arty, 122mm arty, T-34/41, SMG, and Conscript.
+2 Att 9th Gebirsjaeger awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.
Bought 7 reg reps for aux Bersaglieri.
Day 16 ai CA:
Arty nicked M40 aux arty, Kradschutzen, +1 move Flamm, as well as Conscript hitting Bersaglieri -3 me -2 them.

Seized Stalingrad (30, 15) (30, 32)
Destroyed 2 152mm arty’s, 2 SMG’s, 2 37mm AA’s, and Conscript.
Day 17 ai CA:
Arty nicked +1 Movement Flamm, SMG nicked +2 Def StuG3B.

Seized Stalingrad (34, 24) (30, 25) (32, 29).
Destroyed 2 SMG’s, Engineer’s, 152mm arty, T-34/43, and T-70.
Bought 1 reg rep for aux M40; and 2 Reg Reps for Bersaglieri.
Day 18 ai CA:
SMG hit +3 Def Grenadier -2 me -3 them; T-34/43 stopped by def arty and T-34/41; +2 Def StuG3B nicked by SMG.

Seized Stalingrad (31, 13) (41, 20)
Destroyed 152mm arty, Conscript, SMG, T-60, and T-34/43.
Day 19 ai CA:
Fighter destroyed aux Ital Bomber; SMG hit Bersaglieri -9 me; SMG hit Ital Recon -4 each.

Seized Stalingrad (36, 29) (36, 25)
Destroyed Strongpoint, 3 SMG’s, and IL-2 Sturmovich.
Day 20 ai CA:
Enemy hit aux Ital Bmbr -7 me, SMG hit +1 Movement Flamm -2 me -4 them; +3 Def StuG3B hit by SMG guarded by another StuG 3B -3 them -2 me; Fighter hit Helmut Weinsberger -2 me; Enemy seized back Stalingrad (27, 32).

Day 21: Cloudy
Seized Stalingrad (35, 13) (35, 15) (37, 15) (37, 20) (34,19) (42, 18) (Another tremendous push by my units.)
Destroyed 2 Yak-7’s, SMG, Conscript, T-70, 37mm AA, Engineer’s.
+3 Def Grenadier awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.
Bought 4 reg reps for aux recon.
Day 21 ai CA:
SMG and Conscript hit +1 Def StuG3B guarded by another StuG3B -2 me -10 them. All of the rest of the attacks were stopped by arty and enemy Reseized Stalingrad (31, 13)

Day 22: Sunny
Seized Stalingrad (27, 32) (33, 14)
Destroyed Conscript, 2 SMG’s, and Engineer’s.
Day 22 ai CA:
Heinz Rondorf brought down to just 2 Str by 3seperate attacks. Yikes! :shock: :evil: :cry:
+1 Def StuG 3B guarded by StuG3B hit by SMG -2 me -3 them; and Enemy seized Stalingrad (30, 32)

Day 23: Sunny
Seized Stalingrad (38, 13) (43, 20) (41, 27) (43, 22) (31, 11) (Another Big Push trying to get all the prestige I can)
Destroyed IL-2 Sturmovich, Conscript, 3 SMG’s, and T-34/43.
Day 23 ai CA:
All attacks stopped by artillery.

Day 24: Sunny (Last Round going for broke)
Seized Stalingrad (30, 32) (43, 24) (31, 13) (39, 09) (37, 10)
Destroyed 6 SMG’s.
Awarded KV-1C 8)

Marginal Victory with 69598 ending Prestige (Only 4000 more than Field Marshall playthrough)

First Marginal Victory in 42, Bummer, I was hoping to get all Decisive’s, and this game can really play with your head making you think you can win when it just gets unbelievably hard to do so. I am not saying that someone couldn’t get a Decisive on this mission, but I am not willing to spend the prestige it would take to do so. It was a relly tough battle and one where my Flamm’s were not as helpful as I hoped they were going to be. If I had 5 more rounds I could have done it.

Next Stalingrad Docks with 70848.

Just for fun I checked out the kill count of my Flamm’s on the final Day.
+1 Movement Flamm 540 Kills
Heinz Rondorf Flamm 609 kills
+2 Def Flamm 352 kills
goose_2

hurly

Post by hurly »

a few more Battles from the Eastern front

(05.08.2017) Voronezh, Turn 13 2nd time Manstein.zip
(82.91 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
(12.08.2017) Ilovlya, Turn 20 2nd time.zip
(88.93 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
hurly

Post by hurly »

and one more from the 42 campaign
and I'm a little bit confused I already got the Prokhorovka Replay
(23.12.2017) Prohkorovka, Turn 22 5reloads.zip
(114.3 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
How can you get from Stalingrad to Prokhorovka so fast ? This is a real Blitzkrieg Move

And where is Oboyan ? GC 43 without Oboyan is no Fun at all :wink:

I want Oboyan on Manstein badly --- Show me how its done :mrgreen:

I think this is probably a file mixup. I still post here until further notice by General Goose and will probably fit it in the correct order later when all the other files and writeups are available

Return to “Panzer Corps : AAR's”