Blind Playthrough Afrika Korps Rommel Italian Challenge

Battle Reports & After Action Reports (AAR's)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Rayrard
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Blind Playthrough Afrika Korps Rommel Italian Challenge

Post by Rayrard »

I finished my Iralian only Rommel run and got the DV on India. I didn't take all the objective cities east of Bangladesh down the coast because of battleships galore, nor did I take the southernmost objective on India itself because my Tigers were way too weak to take on the Challenger down there. I entered with 4 short on cores so I bought some cheap units to fill out my roster, plus some overstrength so I entered the battle at very little prestige. I had 2 SE tanks (Tiger and Panther), a German Panther, a core Tiger (both from British equipment), and 2 Italian Panthers, and 2 StuG's. The enemy whittled down the Tigers by air and tank attack and I couldn't really get them back up past 4-5 strength because there wasn't much opportunity for prestige or surrenders on the map. So the first half of India fell quickly but then slogged to a crawl. I had to hold back my strong bomber fleet until the damn British airforce was destroyed which was hard because I had 1 SE Me-109K, 1 Spitfire IX from Crete, and 2 4 star Veltros (one with +6 defense!). Then the planes went the opposite side of the field from my 2 AA guns, which sucked, and I didn't attack the fighters unless they were alone because the damn Meteor was always a threat. I did not lose any of my aircraft though but a couple were at 1 strength at the end from ground attack and air fighting. I lost 5 core units (2 inf, and artillery, a ATG, and something else) in the final drive. I only had one strat bomber which was weakened to 5 so the ships took a toll on my army.

But it was a fun campaign and good to win it. All DV's the whole way
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

Rayrard wrote:I finished my Iralian only Rommel run and got the DV on India. I didn't take all the objective cities east of Bangladesh down the coast because of battleships galore, nor did I take the southernmost objective on India itself because my Tigers were way too weak to take on the Challenger down there. I entered with 4 short on cores so I bought some cheap units to fill out my roster, plus some overstrength so I entered the battle at very little prestige. I had 2 SE tanks (Tiger and Panther), a German Panther, a core Tiger (both from British equipment), and 2 Italian Panthers, and 2 StuG's. The enemy whittled down the Tigers by air and tank attack and I couldn't really get them back up past 4-5 strength because there wasn't much opportunity for prestige or surrenders on the map. So the first half of India fell quickly but then slogged to a crawl. I had to hold back my strong bomber fleet until the damn British airforce was destroyed which was hard because I had 1 SE Me-109K, 1 Spitfire IX from Crete, and 2 4 star Veltros (one with +6 defense!). Then the planes went the opposite side of the field from my 2 AA guns, which sucked, and I didn't attack the fighters unless they were alone because the damn Meteor was always a threat. I did not lose any of my aircraft though but a couple were at 1 strength at the end from ground attack and air fighting. I lost 5 core units (2 inf, and artillery, a ATG, and something else) in the final drive. I only had one strat bomber which was weakened to 5 so the ships took a toll on my army.

Well played, I was thinking the same thing while playing, that I was rushing at first, and soon slowed to a crawl, and decided to go for a Decisive Victory instead of total domination
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
Rayrard

Post by Rayrard »

goose_2 wrote:
Rayrard wrote:I finished my Iralian only Rommel run and got the DV on India. I didn't take all the objective cities east of Bangladesh down the coast because of battleships galore, nor did I take the southernmost objective on India itself because my Tigers were way too weak to take on the Challenger down there. I entered with 4 short on cores so I bought some cheap units to fill out my roster, plus some overstrength so I entered the battle at very little prestige. I had 2 SE tanks (Tiger and Panther), a German Panther, a core Tiger (both from British equipment), and 2 Italian Panthers, and 2 StuG's. The enemy whittled down the Tigers by air and tank attack and I couldn't really get them back up past 4-5 strength because there wasn't much opportunity for prestige or surrenders on the map. So the first half of India fell quickly but then slogged to a crawl. I had to hold back my strong bomber fleet until the damn British airforce was destroyed which was hard because I had 1 SE Me-109K, 1 Spitfire IX from Crete, and 2 4 star Veltros (one with +6 defense!). Then the planes went the opposite side of the field from my 2 AA guns, which sucked, and I didn't attack the fighters unless they were alone because the damn Meteor was always a threat. I did not lose any of my aircraft though but a couple were at 1 strength at the end from ground attack and air fighting. I lost 5 core units (2 inf, and artillery, a ATG, and something else) in the final drive. I only had one strat bomber which was weakened to 5 so the ships took a toll on my army.

Well played, I was thinking the same thing while playing, that I was rushing at first, and soon slowed to a crawl, and decided to go for a Decisive Victory instead of total domination
It got to an old fashioned infantry fight by the end with my tanks in the south and center pretty weak and useless. Luckily my self propelled Italian artillery was not hit by the enemy much and the enemy was strung out enough I could deal with one cluster at a time. I had to gut my experience with green replacements at the end, but I had to do what I needed to do for the final push on the east coast. The ships focused on one soft target until it died so that helped avoid losses that might have been severe if they hit one until suppressed and then attacked with troops, and then repeated with another ship. They had enough ships that firing 8 ships at one infantry was kind of ridiculous when 2 ships could of suppressed it 100% and vulnerable to ground attack.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Rayrard wrote:
goose_2 wrote:

It got to an old fashioned infantry fight by the end with my tanks in the south and center pretty weak and useless. Luckily my self propelled Italian artillery was not hit by the enemy much and the enemy was strung out enough I could deal with one cluster at a time. I had to gut my experience with green replacements at the end, but I had to do what I needed to do for the final push on the east coast. The ships focused on one soft target until it died so that helped avoid losses that might have been severe if they hit one until suppressed and then attacked with troops, and then repeated with another ship. They had enough ships that firing 8 ships at one infantry was kind of ridiculous when 2 ships could of suppressed it 100% and vulnerable to ground attack.
Well the ai was never accused of being strategic ;)
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ

Return to “Panzer Corps : AAR's”