Unit scores breakdown for full 39 to 45.

Battle Reports & After Action Reports (AAR's)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

milliethedog
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Unit scores breakdown for full 39 to 45.

Post by milliethedog »

On the 11th of the 11th I finally finished a full run through of the 39 to 45 German war (42 to 45 was in the east). I have copied down on to a spread sheet for anyone interested. Here are a few of my observations.

1) The Top Medal or award I got was the Knights Cross in Gold, with oak leaves, swords and diamonds. I received 3, all for Ju 87G's.

2) Rudel was my second best pilot with 4381 kills, beaten by a standard unit Ju 87. However the kill to loss ratio for Rudel was the best at 623 to 1.

3) My top Fighter was a Me 262 with the Knights cross, oak leaves and sword. 2424 kills and a kill/loss ratio of 110 to 1.

4) Top Tank was a tiger, with 3412 kills and a ratio of 51 to 1, earning the Knights cross, oak leaves, sword and Diamonds.

5) My best Infantry was a pioneer unit, with 3438 kills and a 56 to 1 ratio. Again gaining the Knights cross, oak leaves, sword and Diamonds.

6) Surprisingly my Arty was not the Killers that I thought they would be, top was a K18 with 1420 kills and a ratio of 51 kills for every loss. They got a Knights cross with oak leaves. I did not up grade my K18's to 21cms so that might have kept the scores lower than they might have been. I choose range (4) over the killing power of the 21cm's.

I hope you will find this interesting, let me know if I missed something on the sheet.

Martin.

I just tried to copy the sheet to this post, but it does not line up, how can I post the exel spread sheet?
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Re: Unit scores breakdown for full 39 to 45.

Post by goose_2 »

milliethedog wrote:On the 11th of the 11th I finally finished a full run through of the 39 to 45 German war (42 to 45 was in the east). I have copied down on to a spread sheet for anyone interested. Here are a few of my observations.

1) The Top Medal or award I got was the Knights Cross in Gold, with oak leaves, swords and diamonds. I received 3, all for Ju 87G's.

2) Rudel was my second best pilot with 4381 kills, beaten by a standard unit Ju 87. However the kill to loss ratio for Rudel was the best at 623 to 1.

3) My top Fighter was a Me 262 with the Knights cross, oak leaves and sword. 2424 kills and a kill/loss ratio of 110 to 1.

4) Top Tank was a tiger, with 3412 kills and a ratio of 51 to 1, earning the Knights cross, oak leaves, sword and Diamonds.

5) My best Infantry was a pioneer unit, with 3438 kills and a 56 to 1 ratio. Again gaining the Knights cross, oak leaves, sword and Diamonds.

6) Surprisingly my Arty was not the Killers that I thought they would be, top was a K18 with 1420 kills and a ratio of 51 kills for every loss. They got a Knights cross with oak leaves. I did not up grade my K18's to 21cms so that might have kept the scores lower than they might have been. I choose range (4) over the killing power of the 21cm's.

I hope you will find this interesting, let me know if I missed something on the sheet.

Martin.

I just tried to copy the sheet to this post, but it does not line up, how can I post the exel spread sheet?

I just got to know. When were you awarded the Knights Cross in Gold?
I read a post that said there Uber Rudel ended up with some 4400 kills and they did not receive the ultimate German Medal.

Mine is at some 3400 as of finishing Goldap this weekend, and I am fearful that I will not be able to achieve that Knights Cross in Gold.

I have the Knights Cross with Oak Leaves, Sword, and Diamonds. But was hoping that I could still achieve a higher award so I could get the Highest German Honor Achievement.
Maybe I will just have to get it playing Afrika Korps.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
milliethedog
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by milliethedog »

Hi Goose,
I went back to the unit histories and I have the dates, places and approximate scores for each "Knights Cross with Golden Oak Leaves, Swords and Diamonds.

1) went to my 4th Ju87 G unit, on Jan 19th at Pelleninkin with around 3687 kills.

2) went to Rudel on Jan 27th at Laptau with around 3572 kills

3) went to the 20th Ju 87g unit at Berlin redux on the 30th of April with 3536 kills.

It looks like 3500 is the level for Golden Oak leaves. I am sorry but I do not know if there is any further to get? maybe a trigger at 4500 or even 5000?

If I can findout how to post it I will share my spreadsheet showing every kill for every unit etc.

Thanks for the interest,

Martin.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Thanks for the reply>

I am confused.

This is when I received my medals:
Grand Campaign when medals are awarded
Iron Cross 2nd Class 100 kills
Iron Cross 1st Class 400 kills
Knights Cross 800 kills
Knights Cross with Oak Leaves 1300 kills
Knights Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords 1900 kills
Knights Cross with Oak Leaves, Swords, and Diamonds 2600 kills

You say that you received Golden Oak Leaves? at around 3500 kills, but maybe 4500 or even 5000.

3500 I will be able to reach, I am do not think I will be able to reach 4500 kills before the end of this campaign. 5000 would just be impossible.

How did you achieve so many kills with a single unit? How many kills did your Uber Rudel achieve?
What was his final medal coun?

Sorry I am peppering you with so many questions, but I am dying to know if I will even be able to try for an ultimate medal award.
I will actually be disappointed if I have invested all of this time and energy only to be denied this landmark of an achievement.

I know, I am a sad pathetic little man, and may God have mercy on my soul. :oops: :oops: :| :mrgreen: :wink:
goose_2

milliethedog
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by milliethedog »

Hi Goose,
I went back to when they won their medals, I only took their kill total from the last move of the game, I can go into each turn and find out exactly when it was triggered but it is clear to me that 3500 is the trigger point. since it is 1000 more than the last trigger I expect if there is another medal? to get it, would be at 4500 or even 5000.

Rudel ended up with the following score, experience 599, strength 15, kills 4381, losses 7, Hero 1 Attack +9 defence +9 Movement +1, Hero 2 Attack +1, hero 3 Attack+1, (Kills) infantry 11, Tanks 123, Recon 7, Anti tank 58, Art 47, A/A 20, Fort 1 and truck 1

Thanks
Martin
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Thanks for the feedback.

I will make my best effort to strive for at least 4500 kills on Uber Rudel, but 5000 will be beyond my reach.

Crazy :?
goose_2

milliethedog
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by milliethedog »

PC3.zip
Unit stats in Zip File
(209.19 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
Hi Gents, I hope this works, this should be a full zip file of unit stats, ....... Crossed fingers!

Martin
Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

Very impressive kill tallies, you certainly did the historical German super aces justice in your campaign!
milliethedog wrote:2) Rudel was my second best pilot with 4381 kills, beaten by a standard unit Ju 87. However the kill to loss ratio for Rudel was the best at 623 to 1.
Somewhere in the after-life, I'd like to think Hans Rudel is looking down at this with a smile. Interestingly enough, that outrageous 623:1 ratio really isn't too far off from his real life performance. Something like 1000 tanks, artillery, vehicles, ships, and aircraft destroyed for being wounded 5 times?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hans-Ulri ... ary_career

Return to “Panzer Corps : AAR's”