WWI Mod Kaiserschlacht - Level General

Battle Reports & After Action Reports (AAR's)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

BiteNibbleChomp
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Re: WWI Mod Kaiserschlacht - Level General

Post by BiteNibbleChomp »

Well it is kind of realistic, but it is an issue seeing as I intended a last-turn victory to be possible. Will make not of this for the next update! (And perhaps you will try again, and go down a different path?)

- BNC
Ryan O'Shea - Developer - Strategic Command American Civil War
Akkula
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Akkula »

I am really looking forward for the Grand Map stories from Werner :D
Eastern Front: Soviet Storm (v1.96): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=50342
Modern Conflicts (v1.95): http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=72062
BiteNibbleChomp

Akkula wrote:I am really looking forward for the Grand Map stories from Werner :D
I'm working on the patch (3.1) now, so the stories should be arriving soon!

- BNC
BiteNibbleChomp

3.1 released now :D

- BNC
JimmyC
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by JimmyC »

Thanks for the review GW. I have decided I will play this mod, but it will have to wait some time as I got sucked into playing Xcom again and will finish that first. Plus, I never quite found the time to finish off the Battlefield Europe mod.

Once I finally get to BNC's WW1 mod I might piggyback off your thread to post a very brief AAR on my progress.
GeneralWerner
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by GeneralWerner »

With the latest patch after getting a DV at the Race to the Sea it is now possible to select the eastern front in Poland or alternatively the Middle East.

Gallipoli 1915
The duty is to help the Ottomans and stop the British invasion of Gallipoli
15Gallipoli1.jpg
15Gallipoli1.jpg (184.43 KiB) Viewed 3236 times
Ottoman troops in the north and south are supported by German troops in the center of the battlefield.

The British have a lot of battleships and can make a heavy bombardment if they spot German or Ottoman troops with their own units. It is mandatory to quickly defeat the landing enemy troops to stop this bombardment.

In the south the Ottomans can’t stop the British without the help from the German troops that have to move south.
15Gallipoli2.jpg
15Gallipoli2.jpg (208.72 KiB) Viewed 3236 times
After repelling all invasion troops in the north it is necessary to recapture the lost city in the south. The result is a MV because it was not possible to defeat all enemy troops in the south in time.

Kut 1915/1916

A British army is encircled near the city Kut. It is necessary to defeat this army and capture all objectives. Arab irregular troops support the Germans and the Ottomans.

The strong German artillery is the backbone of the siege.
15Kut1b.jpg
15Kut1b.jpg (171.78 KiB) Viewed 3236 times
GeneralWerner

Post by GeneralWerner »

After defeating the British troops and repelling the British counter attacks in the south the last challenge is to defeat the fortress of Kut to get a DV.
16Kut2.jpg
16Kut2.jpg (227.45 KiB) Viewed 3236 times
Sinai 1916

In this offensive the goal is to reach the Suez channel and setup artillery there to block the channel.
16Sinai1.jpg
16Sinai1.jpg (238.12 KiB) Viewed 3236 times
GeneralWerner

Post by GeneralWerner »

Approaching west the Germans defeat one British division after the other. While the attack is going on the Sultan in Constantinople requires to cross the channel and occupy also the cities on the western side.
16Sinai2.jpg
16Sinai2.jpg (198.4 KiB) Viewed 3213 times
German battleships and submarines destroy the British Navy while the German and Ottoman troops finally cross the channel for a decisive victory.

Egypt 1917

Time to end the British influence in the Middle East. The final attack on Egypt is the climax of the German and Ottoman Middle East campaign.

Starting from the Suez Channel the goal is to attack west to reach Cairo and the coastal cities.
17Egypt1.jpg
17Egypt1.jpg (215.96 KiB) Viewed 3213 times
In the middle of the offensive an additional Austrian fleet with battleships and troop transport ships is showing up in the west to support the attack on the coastal cities. After Cairo is captured also Arabian irregular troops start to fight for the German side.
17Egypt2.jpg
17Egypt2.jpg (217.83 KiB) Viewed 3213 times
Finally the British suffer a heavy defeat and the Sultan of the Ottomans is very satisfied. The victorious German troops are now transfered to France to support the operation Michael in March 1918 (see above the report about operation Michael).

Return to “Panzer Corps : AAR's”