Day by Day Playthrough Grand Campaign diff Field Marshall

Battle Reports & After Action Reports (AAR's)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Re: Day by Day Playthrough Grand Campaign diff Field Marshal

Post by goose_2 »

The Polish Uprising was a bit of a breather from what I have been dealing with, but now onto the final scenario of 1944:

Budapest 44
Starting prestige 47178 after replacements and overstrength 40757
Splitting my forces into 3 Battle Groups: North around Marcelova; Center around Budapest all the way down to Szazhalombatta; and in South around Aba. (I might have needed to place my Northern force around Tatabany instead but not sure.)
I am going to try to hold them across the Danube and bleed them as they try to cross, and then use my Nortern force as the push off point to seize back the initiative. (At least that is the plan. :roll: )

I am holding back 9 units and have 99 in my soft cap and I will see how the 1st round goes and deploy accordingly.

North Force around Marulova consists of: +1 Att +3 def fighter and Gerhard Barkhorn; Strat Bomber; Brumbar and SU-122; 2 SE Tiger 2's including Green SE Tiger 2 with +1 Movement and 3 hero 4 star SE Tiger 2; Movement Gerbisjager, Heinz Rondorf, and JagdPanther.

Center Force: Airfield in the back: +1 Def Tac Bomber and Otto Kittel: In the center 2 +2 def fighters, Uber Rudel, 4 15cm artys, 2 SE Tiger 2's 5 star and 4 star, 2 Grenadiers, Bruno Sutkus, Pioniere, +6 att AA.

Southern Force around Aba: 2 3 star SE Tiger 2's; Strat Bomber; +2 att +3 Def Fighter; JagdTiger; siG 38 t(m) and 1 15cm arty.

Day 1 ai CA
3 aux inf destroyed and aux arty destroyed, and aux AT destroyed, aux StuG 4 destroyed.
Enemy seized Orkeny and Aszod.
Day 1 Sunny (Awarded 99%)
Started moving everything to better Defensive Positions across the Danube and moved Northern assault force forward. (Trying to set up choke points in the North.

Day 2 ai CA
Enemy destroyed 2 AT's and StuG4 and inf. My delay did not work. :(
Enemy seized Vac, Bugyi, and Monor as well as pressuring Racheve.
Day 2 Sunny (Awarded 99%)
Destroyed SU-85
Bought 5 reg rep for aux inf.
Brought +3 def +2 Att King Tiger to help me in the North (Soft Cap 81)

Day 3 ai CA
Enemy destroyed aux arty and 2 inf.
Enemy seized Rackeve and have put tremendous pressure on Nagymaros and all around Budapest even in the North across the Danube :evil: (Holding them back does not work if they can just cross a frozen over river.) In the South Enemy is pressuring Perkata, but at least their IS-2 was ambushed by my JagdPanther -6 them -1 me.
Day 3 Sunny (Awarded 82%)
Destroyed T-34/85, 3 T-34/43's, IS-2, Yak-3, and Yak-7.
Brought Mobelwagen to help with Air Defense. (Soft Cap 79)

Day 4 ai CA
Enemy destroyed aux arty, AT, and 2 inf. They nicked a bunch of my stuff for 1 or 2 hits for a bunch of theirs. The enemy seized 2 parts of Budapest and the southern airfield in Budapest.
Day 4 Cloudy (Awarded 83%)
Destroyed SU-85, 4 T-34/43's, T-34/85, IL-4, Reg Inf, IS-1, 2 IL2M3's, and Yak-7.
Gerhard Barkhorn awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class 100 kills
Bought 8 reg reps for aux StuG4 and 7 reg reps for aux inf.
(This was a good round that I needed)

Day 5 ai CA
Enemy destroyed aux AT and aux Inf, and aux arty.
T-34/43 and KV-85 hit Pioniere -10 me -2 them :shock: :x :oops:
The rest of the attacks were minor hits and enemy seized 2 more parts of Budapest.
Day 5 Cloudy (Earned 89%)
Retreating weakened Pioniere and seized 2 parts of Budapest.
Destroyed 3 BA-64's, KV-85, La-7, T-34/43, Yak-7, Yak-9u, SU-85, and Mt. Inf.
Bought 5 reg rep for aux StuG 4.
Brought +3 Def King Tiger as well as Eric litzke in the South Soft Cap 67%

Day 6 ai CA
Enemy destroyed AT.
This turned out to be a rough round and not writing down all of the nicks but here are the major hits. SU-85 hit siG38t(m) guarded by 2 artys -1 them -8 me; T-34/43 hit +2 att arty guarded by 2 artys-1 them -5 me.
Day 6 Cloudy (Earned 73%)
Seized back both remaining parts of Budapest.
Destroyed SU-85, 5 T-34/43's, 2 Reg Inf's, SU-76, La-7, Yak-3, ISU-122, and another SU-76.
Bought 6 reg reps for aux StuG 4 and 4 elite rep for siG38t(m)

Day 7 ai CA
Pe-8 ran into my Otto Kittel and died. Aux inf was destroyed. A bunch of nicks with the biggest hits were Reg Inf hit SE Tiger 2 in the Swamp guarded by weakened arty -5 me -8 them; Yak-9U hit Gerhard Barkhorn that left me with 2 str left. :shock: :oops: :cry: Retreating that unit!!.
Day 7 Cloudy (Earned 76%)
Retook airfield near Budapest.
Destroyed SU-76, Yak-9U, ISU-122, IS-2, 3 Reg Inf's, 2 Mtn Inf's, and T-70.
Bought 5 elite rep for +2 att arty.

Day 8 ai CA
KV-1B hit +1 Def Spot Grenadier-4 them -6 me; IS-2 hit Brumbar -3 me; T-34/43 hit Freidrich Pein -3 me -2 them; AA hit +1 Def Tac Bomber -4 me; Mobil AA hit +2 Def Fighter -3 me; The enemy's North and Southern assault is coming on strong with a 2nd wave attack.
Day 8 Sunny (earned 82)
Destroyed 2 Yak-7's, 2 T-34/85's, 2 T-34/43's, SU-85, and M16GMC.
Brought in both Green KV-85's and Oleh Dir around Budapest to bring more of a punch and I am going to start to buy more replacements. (70 Soft Cap)

Day 9 ai CA
Enemy destroyed my +1 range arty. Nuts! :cry: :oops: :evil:
AA hit +1 def Tac Bomber -4 me; Reg Inf and Cavalry hit JagdPanther reducing it to 6 Str.; Reg Inf reduced Grenadier to 2 str.
Day 9 (Earned 78)
Seized Bugyi
Destroyed Yak-3, 2 T-34/43's, Yak-3, IS-1, SU-122, T-34/85, T-70, Il-2 Sturmovich's, and Cavalry.
Mobelwagen awarded +1 att hero with 49 kills. :? Earliest I have ever been awarded a 1st hero.
Bought 5 reg reps for 2 aux inf; 8 elite for Gerhard Barkhorn, 4 elite for Freidrich pein, 6 elite for 3rd SE Tiger 2; 4 elite for JagdTiger, and 8 elite for Pioniere. (Soft Cap at 69%)

Day 10 ai CA
A few attacks repulsed by well placed arty's and SU-85 hit my SU-122 -7 me.
Day 10 Snowy (Earned 72%) 1st Snowy Day
Destroyed 2 Cavalry's, SU-85, 3 Mtn In's, T-90-SPAAG, 152mm arty, Guards.
Bought 4 elite for JagdPanther (Soft Cap 70)

Day 11 ai CA
Conscript hit KV-85 in Swamp -6 them -5 me; Conscript hit AA in truck guarded by 14 str arty -5 them -2 me; and Guards hit Brunoa Sutkus -2 each.
Day 11 Sunny (earned 75%)
Pressuring Aszod.
Destroyed IS-2, 3 Reg Inf's, BA-64, M16GMC, La-7, 100mm AT, and 3 Conscript's.
Bought 3 reg rep for aux infantry; 5 elite rep for +1 def Tac Bomber; and 5 reg rep for SU-122.

Day 12 ai CA
Enemy destroyed aux inf, La-5 and Yak-9u hit +2 def fighter -5 me -7 them.
Day 12 Sunny (Awarded 76%)
Pressuring Racheve and Vac.
Destroyed 2 Mt. Inf's, Conscript, KV-1B, 3 100mm AT's, La-5, Reg Inf, Guards, 152mm arty, and Yak 9-U. (I wrote in my notes stating that I am not sure I can handle a 3rd wave.)

Day 13 ai CA (Here comes that 3rd wave)
Aux inf destroyed, Fighter nicked 1st SE Tiger2; 100mm AT reduced KV-85 down to 3 str; 2 T-34/43's hit Brumbar reduced me to 7 str; Guards hit other KV-85 reducing me to 7 str; and enemy pressuring Bugyi. :| :? :shock: :roll:
Day 13 Sunny (awarded 80%) What to do???
Seized Racheve and Aszod.
Destroyed Guards, Yak-3, 4 Guards in half tracks.
4th SE Tiger 2 awarded Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves 1300 kills
Brought +1 Att Panther and +3 att +2 Def Pz 4J and Walter Nowatny. (Soft Cap 62%)

Day 14 ai CA
3rd Wave coming on Strong.
A bunch of attacks with most being nicks all over the place with the biggest being +2 att Grenadier holding Aszod hit by Guards -4 me -6 them and they reseized Bugyi.
Day 14 Sunny Dry (awarded 64%)
Destroyed Guards in half track, 2 T-34/43's, Reg Inf, M16MGMC, KV-1B, and SU-152.
Bought 3 elite for Brumbar and 4 reg rep for aux StuG4.

Day 15 ai CA
Enemy destroyed my +2 att Grenadier in Aszod and retook it. The rest were a bunch of minor hits from awesomely set up ambushes because it is snowing. 8)
Day 15 Snowy (Awarded 67%)
Repressuring Bugyi.
Destroyed 2 Guards, T-70, T-34/85, BA-65, IS-2, Cavalry, and T-34/43.

Day 16 ai CA
3 AA's hit my planes. Walter Nowatny -5, +1 Def Tac Bomber -3; Otto Kittel -2.
Day 16 Sunny (Earned 75%)
Reseized Bugyi and pressuring Vac.
Destroyed 2 Cavalry's, M16MGMC, SU-122, SU-85, IL-4, Yak-9u, KV-85, T-70, Conscript.
1 reg rep for 3rd SE Tiger 2; 4 Elite for 4th SE Tiger 2; and 8 Reg Rep for aux StuG4.
Brought out Albert Kirscher to replace lost Grenadier. (Soft Cap 71)

Day 17 - 20 ai CA Nothing more except 1 last attack against aux units.
Day 17 Sunny (Soft Cap 71)
Destroyed 2 100mm AT's, T-34/85, Conscript, 37mm AA.

Day 18 Sunny
Seized Vac and Orkeny and Nagykata and even pressuring Hatvan. (I am going to win Yes)
Destroyed T-90 SPAAG, 2 Soviet Engineers, IL-4, T-34/85, Conscript.
Day 19 Snowy (Oh I guess there were 3 Snowy days, I only remembered 2 when I reported on the forum after accomplishing this mission.) :oops:
Destroyed Guards in Half Track, Conscript, 100mm AT, and 37mm AA.
Brumbar awarded Knights Cross for 800 kills.

Day 20 Cloudy
Seized Southern most airfield, Jaszbereny and it's airfield, Cegled, and Hatvan for the win.
Destroyed 2 Conscripts and IS-2.
+3 def King Tiger awarded Knights Cross with Oak Leaves for 1300 kills.

Earned Decisive Victorywith ending Prestige of 41808.

When that 3rd wave came I thought that there was no way that I was going to be able to win this, but the enemy had nothing else really of consequence after I destroyed the majority of that 3rd wave. I was able to rush forward and seize a majority of the map after destroying that 3rd wave, much to my unexpected delight. :twisted:

I really benefited from only receiving 3 snowy days, one of those right on the almost last day, this allowed me to use my superior airforce to my advantage. (I do need to upgrade though)

Now onto 1945 and some final upgrades for my extremely strong and robust army.
I was going to be happy if I ended 1944 with 30k in prestige and I am starting 1945 with 43099.

I was able to take over everything except Paszto and a couple of airfields. Not Bad!! :twisted: :P :roll: :roll: :mrgreen:

Next time will be the breakdown of the army I am importing into 1945 and then I will lay out my assault on Goldap.

Until then...Stay Lutheran My Friends. :wink:
Last edited by goose_2 on Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

It is a Christmas Miracle. I come back from the Christmas Holiday and check on this forum when I came to work to see this has over 10000 views over the weekend.
That is just awesome and humbling so I took some extra time during lunch and typed up the army I am imported into 1945 and the first Mission at Goldap. ;)
Thanks so much for the interest in this little thread and Merry Christmas as well as a Happy New Year.
I am so looking forward to what is going to come in 2017.

Army Imported into 1945 with 90 heroes. (I want to hit 100 heroes before I am finished so I will document the progress every battle.)

9 Infantry units totaling 17 heroes
5 Star Oleh Dir with 3 hero's totaling +2 Att/+3 Def/+3 Init/+3 Move
5 star Friedrich Pein 2 hero's totaling +4 init/ +2 Movement
5 star Gerbisjager 2 hero's totaling +1 Def / +1 movement
4 star Grenadier with 2 hero's totaling +1 Def/+1 Spot
3 4 Star Pionieres all with 2 Hero's.
2 Star Josef Allerberger
2 star Bruno Sutkus
(I believe I will stay with infantry I have and only purchase additional infantry as stop gaps in enemy advance if playing a city battle.)

27 tanks with 31 Heroes
4 Star Albert Kirscher Pz4J with 3 Hero's totaling +4 Att/+2 Def/+1 Init/+2 Spotting (Will wait too upgrade since he has 3 heroes and will upgrade to Maus when available.)
4 Star Pz4J 2 Hero's +3 att/+2 Def (will be updating immediately to King Tiger to help move my army forward.)
3 Star Panther with +1 att hero (May upgrade but only if I need to instead I probably will keep him as a stop gap to eliminate any rushing enemy units.)
3 Star Eric Litzke in Tiger (Keeping in Tiger for now)
4 Star Hein Rondorff in Tiger with 2 hero's totaling +1 Att/+2 Def/+2 Init/+1 Movement/+1 Spot (Keeping in Tiger for now)
2 4 Star King Tigers both with 2 hero's
3 star +1 Movement Somua (Upgrading to a King Tiger to start using in battle)
1 star T-34/40
5 0 star T-34/41's
1 0 star KV-1A
+3 Att 3 Star KV-1C and 3 Star 2 hero KV-1C +1 Att/+1 Def (I will upgrade these both to King Tigers so I can start using them in battle)
2 1 Star KV-85's (Will continue to use these as stop gaps)
3 0 star M4 Shermans
6 SE Tiger 2's: 3 triple hero that have 2 with 4 Stars and 1 with 5 Stars/ 2 with 3 stars both with 2 heros/ 1 star with 1 hero. (Continuing to use these as my Spearhead and may upgrade to Maus's when available, I will evaluate at that time, but I am pretty sure that since I have the prestige I will be doing that.)
(My intention is to possibly sell me worthless tanks if I need additional prestige, but only if it is needed, definitely not buying any additional tanks, ever.)

1 0 Star Recon BA-64 (No intention to use or sell, just keeping for fun.)

2 AT's with 3 Heroes
JagdPanther 4 Star 2 hero's
JagdTiger 1 Star 1 Hero
(Probably going to keep as is)

8 Arty's with 8 Heroes
4 15cm arty's 2 with 5 star +3 Def and +1 Att / 1 with 4 Stars +2 Att / 1 with 2 Stars and +1 Spot
5 Star siG 38t(m) +1 Movement / 4 Star +1 Att Brumbar / 5 Star Polish Arty +2 Att / SU-122 3 Star +1 Initiative
( I plan on buying 1 more siG 38t(m), 1 Wespe, 1 more Brumbar, but I will see based on what kind of rushing I try to do.)

6 AA's with 4 Heroes
My attempt to get a 5 star AA unit is at 456 experience with 3 Heroes totaling +6 Att :twisted:
2 1 star 8.8's / 1 2 Star 12.8 AA / 2 Star +1 Att Mobelwagen / 2 Star Wirbelwind
(Only focusing on getting 5 star hero for my 8.8 and utilizing 2 free mobile units)

10 Fighter's with 15 Heroes
I will be immediately upgrading 3 fighters to ME-262's
2 Star +1 Spot Fighter
2 Star +2 Att Fighter
3 Star +2 Def and 4 Star +2 Def (These will both be upgraded to ME-262's)
2 Star Gerhard Barkhorn (Also upgrading him hoping this increases his effectiveness)
4 Star +2 Att/+3 def Fighter and 4 Star +1 Att/+3 Def Fighter
Heinrich Bar with 2 Heroes totaling +2 Att/+1 def/+2 Init/ +1 Spot
4 Star Otto Kittel with 2 Hero's totaling +6 Att/+2 Init/-2 def
4 Star Walter Nowatny with 2 Hero's totaling +4 Att/+3 Init/-2 def
(May upgrade more than first 3 already spelled out, but only if necessary, definitely not buying additional units)

6 Tac Bombers with 9 Heroes
3 Hero 5 Star Uber Rudel totaling +10 Att/+10 Def/ +1 Movement
3 Star 2 Hero with +6 Att
4 Star +1 Def hero
1 Star Recon Rudel
3 Star +1 Att Bf110G
(probably going to keep using as is for Tac Bombers, only continuing to use Uber Rudel to try and achieve Highest Medal Award)

3 Strat Bombers with 1 Hero each
2 with 3 stars 1 with 5 Stars
(Will continue to use as is)

My goal is to utilize as many units without using the triple hero units at least until I get 100 heroes, once that is achieved I will probably just maximize my best units especially once I reach SeeLow Heights.

Staring with 43099 which is more than I expected, now it is time to move forward and upgrade to maximize my effectiveness.

Also posting Goldap today:
Goldap Starting prestige 43099 after upgrades, replacements, and overstrength 30127 (whoa that was deep into my pocket to use that much prestige) :oops:
Upgraded +3 att +2 def Pz4J, +1 Movement Somua, +3 att KV-1C to King Tiger's.
Upgraded Gerhard Barkhorn, +2 def fighter, and +3 def +2 att fighter to ME-262's.

Splitting my units into 2 groups North and South
Northern Group around Konigsfield: 2 ME-262's, Uber rudel, Strat Bomber, 3 SE Tiger 2's, JagdTiger, KV-85, Eric Litzke, 4 star AA and Wirbelwind, 2 15cm artys, and siG38t(m), 2 Pionieres, and Josef Allerberger.
Southern group around Sarrevken: ME-262 and Heinrich Bar; +6 att Tac Bomber; Strat Bomber; 3 SE Tiger 2's, JagdPanther, KV-85, Movement Gerbisjager, Bruno Sutkus, Fredrich Pein; Mobelwagen, Brumbar, SU-122, Polish arty, and 15cm arty.

I am leaving behind 5 units so I can start with Soft Cap of 75% and supposed to get 200 per turn. (My thinking is can deploy units as needed in areas that are being heavily assaulted, and getting more prestige is always good.)

Day 1 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed 2 Aux Volkssturm and seized Gurunen, Duberninden, and all of Gr. Nassawen.
Day 1 Sunny: (75% soft cap)
Destroyed BA-64, La-5, and T-34/43.

Day 2 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed another aux Volkssturm and enemy is already starting to pressure Goldap. Planes nicked my AA in truck and siG38t(m)
Day 2 Sunny (76% Soft Cap)
Retook Gurunen
Destroyed 2 La-5's, 3 Conscript's, 4 T-34/43's, and BA-64.
+6 att Tac Bomber awarded +2 def 3rd hero (91 heroes)

Day 3 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed my ISU-122!!! :shock: :evil: :cry: :oops: (90 heroes)
Enemy seized 2 Main Rail depot's.
KV-85 and ISU-152 tried hitting my Eric Litzke -1 me -5 them.
Day 3 Sunny: (82% Soft Cap)
Pressuring Gr. Nassawen
Destroyed ISU-152, 122mm arty, KV-85, IL-2 Sturmovich, 2 T-34/43's, Conscript, and SMG.
Bought 4 reg reps for aux AT, and 3 reg reps for aux Volkssturm.

Day 4 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed my aux AT and they are again pressuring Goldap.
T-34/85 hit Pioniere -5 me; La-5 hit SE Tiger2 -2 me; Arty and Engineers hit Freidrich Pein -2 me -5 them; 2 T-34/43's hit Bruno Sutkus guarded by my Brumbar -4 each; Engineer hit KV-85 guarded by siG38t(m) -2 me -5 them.
Day 4 Sunny (88%)
Removed pressure on Goldap again and I am pressuring Prze.
Destroyed La-5, KV-1b, 4 T-34/43's, 2 IL-2 Sturmovigh's, 2 SMG's, and Engineers.
Awarded Wilhelm Batz (91 Heroes)

Day 5 ai CA: Enemy destroyed 3 aux Volksstrum, Paratroopers seized Ruddern!! :shock: Nuts! :evil:
Arty hit my arty -1 me and IS-1 hit KV-85 -4 me -3 them.
Day 5 Sunny (95%)
Seized all of Greater Nassawen and Prze.
Destroyed 100mm AT, Bridge Engineer, 2 T-34/85's, IL-4, 57mm AT, IS-1, 122mm arty, and SMG.
Brought in Oleh Dir, spot arty, and Heinz Rondorf around Kutten to retake Ruddern (Soft Cap now at 78%)

Day 6 ai CA
Enemy destroyed both of my last aux AT's and they are poised to seize Goldap.
More secret units seized Szabiene. NUTS!!! They are everywhere. :shock: :? :evil:
Engineers tried hitting JagdPanther in woods guarded by Polish arty and both were reduced to 8 str. and they are now pressuring Grabowen.
Day 6 Sunny (69%) :? Oh it is because I have been awarded a KV-85 for seizing Gr. Nassawen. :twisted: :P
Destroyed Paratroopers, IL-4, Bridge Engineers, Conscript, and 122mm arty.
5th SE Tiger awarded Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves for 1300 kills.
Brought in 2 King Tigers 1 in the South of Grabowen to retake that after it is taken with +3 Att hero (Former KV-1C) and the other at Gudewallen with +1 Movement (former Somua) to retake Szabiene. (Soft Cap now at 44%) Whoa! That is killer.

Day 7 ai CA:
Planes and Bombers took nicks out of my SE Tiger 2's; Enemy destroyed aux AA and seized all of Goldap as well as Grabowen. Conscript hit KV-85 in forest guarded by siG38t(m) -7 them -1 me; and 100mm AT hit Green SE Tiger 2 -1 me -8 them.
Day 7 Sunny (45%)
Pressuring Wyslen.
Destroyed 2 Para's, Bridge Engineers, 85mm AA, Conscript, 122mm arty, Yak-3, 37mm AA, 100mm AT, and IS-1.
KV-85 awarded +1 Spotting Hero (92 heroes)

Day 8 ai CA
Bombers knicked a couple of units and he adjusted his positions.
Day 8 Sunny (47%)
Seized Rail Depot (20,17), Szabiene, Ruddern, and Grabowen.
Destroyed ISU-152, Para's, Yak-3, SMG, and La-5.

Day 9 ai CA:
A few nicks here and there from various forces; some of the biggest being my Brumbar which was hit by a T-70 and IS-2 and left me with 4 str; and guards hit 2nd SE Tiger 2 in Prze -3 me -5 them; and they seized airfield near Goldap.
Day 9 Sunny (52%)
Retreated from Prze and seized airfield at (29,8) and Wystytenand along with its corresponding airfield.
Destroyed Captain Kiselyov, Yak-3, 85mm AT, 57mm AT, IL-4, Paratrooper, Reg Inf, Engineer, and KV-1B.

Day 10 ai CA:
Destroyed BA-64 that seized Prze and attacked my SE Tiger2; a few other nicks from aircraft and other units, but nothing worth writing down. They now have Prze back again.
Day 10 Sunny (55%)
Destroyed Lt. Boyho in IS-2, Reg Inf, 3 Conscript, Il-4, La-5, IL2M3, and BA-64.

Day 11 ai CA:
They are trying to push past Pregel River around Prze and Duberninden but I have them bottlenecked and I almost have them wiped out in and around Goldap.
Day 11 Sunny (60%)
Seized both Secondary parts of Goldap and last main Rail Depot as well as airfield near Goldap.
Destroyed IL-2M3, 2 T-70's, 100mm AT, 2 Conscript's, and SMG.
KV-85 awarded +1 Movement...Yes!! :D (93 heroes)

Day 12 ai CA
Nuts!!! They switched up North and there hits hurt. Joseph Allerberger hit by 2 T-34/85's and reduced me to 1 str; SU-85 nicked my Pioniere; and Engineers hit my JagdPanther -2 each.
Day 12 Sunny (70%)
Seized Main Goldap.
Destroyed KV-1C, IS-1, Il-4, T-34/85, T-34/43, and Bridge Engineer's.

Day 13 ai CA: Nothing but flailing.
Day 13 Snowy (72%)
Seized Dubernindeni.
Destroyed SU-85, KV-1C, Soviet engineers, T-70, and Guards.

WAIT WHAT????

Decisive Victory?!? That came out of nowhere and I did not retake Prze, but I guess since I have already taken it over once they considered that a win? OK?
Nuts! I was hoping to maximize prestige earnings and try to destroy everything on the map. But ok time to move on, this is a blind playthrough.

Ending Prestige 32856 and starting with 35379

I have a choice to take either the Offensive Campaign or Defensive.
I, of course, choose the Offensive Campaign, at least this go around.
Pelleninken next time

Escort at least 8 Aux units to Sector C escape hexes?
OK?

Looks interesting.

Until next time Stay Lutheran My Friends...;)
goose_2

hurly
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by hurly »

goose_2 wrote:It is a Christmas Miracle. I come back from the Christmas Holiday and check on this forum when I came to work to see this has over 10000 views over the weekend.
well that*s anything but a miracle

Everybody likes some Christmas goose and wants to see every 20 minutes how it's cooking in the oven :oops: :)
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Hurly that is so cute. ;)
Had time today to type this up.

Pelleninken
Starting prestige 35379 after replacements and Overstrength 28830.

I can only place units in the South as all of my aux units are surrounded. In looking at the map I am thinking that seizing Georgenburg will be impossible as I am betting they have a strong defensive hold on that area. My thoughts on the best course of action is to storm at Kaschellan and then buying a Bridge Engineer to help cross the Inster to escape the aux units. But we shall see.

Bringing around Damerau: 2 SE Tiger 2's, Movement Gerbisjager, Polish arty and +2 att arty, +6 att AA, Jagd Panther, +3 Att King Tiger, KV-85.
Around Salau: 1 SE Tiger 2, KV-85, +3 Att +2 Def King Tiger, Freidrich Pein, Wirbelwind, Brumbar, and sIG 38(t)m
Around Insterburg: 2 SE Tiger 2's, Jagd Tiger, Pioniere, Grenadier, 2 arty's, +3 Att +2 Def King Tiger, 2 ME 262's, Wilhelm Batz, +1 Def Tac Bomber, Uber Rudel, and Strat Bomber.
Around Didlacken: 1 SE Tiger 2, KV-85, Josef Allerberger, Mobelwagen.

Leaving 8 open slots and still at 70% soft cap. Supposed to earn 100 per turn.

Day 1 Sunny: (Now that I can see I was wrong about seizing Georgenburg. I will be able to take that)
Pressuring Airfield (22,26)
Destroyed 37mm AA, 100mm AT, Mt. Inf, M16GMC, and BA-64.
Day 1 ai CA:
I can lose 8 aux units. Enemy destroyed aux Inf and Strongpoint a bunch of attacks on my aux units. AA nicked Gerhard Barkhorn -1 me.

Day 2 Sunny: (71%)
Pressuring Kaschellan, Gumbinnen, and Aulowohen, even was able to seize airfield (22,26)
Destroyed 85mm AA, M4 Sherman, Valentine 3, Yak-7, Yak-9d, 2 BA-64's, Pe-2, 57mm AT, 2 Conscript's, and SMG.
Bought 4 reg reps for aux inf.
Day 2 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed 2 Strongpoints and destroyed aux JagdPz4/48. (I can only lose 6 more)
They seized Nibudschen and hit Wilhelm Batz -5 me.

Day 3 Sunny (71%)
Pressuring Georgenburg; and seized Gumbonnen and Kaschellan.
Destroyed 100mm AT, La-5, IL-4, 2 SMG's, 85mm AA, 3 KV-1B's, M4 Sherman, 57mm AT, M4 Sherman, M16 GMC, and Valentine 3.
Bought 1 reg rep for aux inf and 2 for aux Gerbisjager.
Day 3 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed aux Recon, aux Hetzer, and StrongPoint. (I can only lose 4 more. :shock: :oops: )
KV-85 hit +1 Att arty guarded by arty -3 me.

Day 4 Sunny (74%)
Seized Georgenburg and Autowohnen.
Destroyed 2 T-34/43's, Yak-3, Pe-2, 4 Mt. Inf's, 57mm AT, M4 Sherman, 76.2mm Arty, Engineers, and Conscript's.
Uber Rudel earned Golden Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves, Swords, and Diamonds. 8) 8) :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen: This earned my the Greatest German Honour with 3500 kills.
6th SE Tiger 2 Earned Iron Cross 1st Class for 400 kills.
Day 4 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed 3 aux units. If I lose 2 more units I will not get a Decisive Victory. Arty was nicked also.

Day 5 Sunny (75%)
Pressuring Berghupohnen.
Destroyed Valentine 3, KV-85, 2 Mt. Inf's, 85mm AT, 2 57mm AT's, IL-2 Sturmovich, T-34/43, Pe-2, 2 76.2mm Arty's, and 152 mm arty.
+3 att +2 Def King Tiger awarded Knights Cross with Oak Leaves for 1300 kills.
Bought Bridge Engineer to try and trap a Conscript and so I can retreat all necessary aux units. I am not able to exit units so I Bought JagdTiger, sIG 38(t)m, and another Bridge Engineer to try and save my aux units. (Soft now at 61%)
Day 5 ai CA.
Enemy destroyed Josef Allerburger and Mobelwagen so now at 91 heroes. :(
They also destroyed 1 of my Bridge Engineers, but this defense saved the rest of my aux units.

Day 6 Sunny: (72%)
Pressuring Stoblahen and Mehlandsen because I took it's airfield.
Destroyed T-34/85, 2 T-34/43's, Conscript, 2 Engineers, Mt. Inf, Il-4, Captain Reshtinelov
Day 6 ai CA
Enemy destroyed my Core Bridge Engineer. I did it...I will get a major victory because I was able to save 9 of the 16. They are coming out of the wood work now. AA hit my ME262 down to 7 str. T-34/85 hit KV-85 -2 each, arty and Guards in half track hit my 88 in half track -5 me; A few more nicks but no more losses.

Day 7 Sunny (86%)
Destroyed 2 Guards in half Tracks, IL-4, Conscript, Engineers, 37mm AT.
+3 Att King Tiger awarded Iron Cross 1st Class 400 kills.
Day 7 ai CA:
Enemy took part of Pelleninken.
+3 Att +2 Def King Tiger that used to be KV-1B got hit in the hills by various units and was reduced to 2 Str. same thing happened to my KV-85; I also have been hit by Bombers and artys that are reducing a few units as they are hitting hard.

Day 8 Sunny (100%)
Seized Airfield next to Brakupohnen.
Destroyed 2 Guards in half tracks, Il-2 Sturmovich, T-34/85, and Guards.
Bought 5 reg reps for Bridge Engineer.
Brought in Eric Litzke and Heinz Rondorf.
Day 8 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed Core Bridge Engineer and destroyed my +1 Movement KV-85. (90 heroes) :cry: :evil:
A whole bunch of other attacks where another King Tiger was reduced to 6 str along with my green sIG 38(t)m reduced to 1 str. Those were the big ones, but there was more.
Enemy also seized the rest of Pelleninken including it's airfield as well as the airfield next to Mehlandsen.

Day 9 Cloudy (100%)
Seized Stablaken.
Destroyed Katyusha, 2 T-34/43's, 3 T-34/85's, ISU-152, and ISU-122.
Brought in +1 Movement King Tiger (92%)
Day 9 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed Green sIG38(t)m, and reduced Green JagdTiger to 6 str, and Bridge Engineers to 5str, and +1 Att arty to 4 str. Brutal. :oops: :oops: :oops: :evil:

Day 10 Sunny (100%)
Destroyed SU-85, Yak-3, 2 SU-85's, and Yak-9d.
Brought in last Me-262 (89%)
Day 10 ai CA
I am being overwhelmed. No More losses but a lot of close callc. Too many to write down. I think I am just going to let myself win before this goes any further. I am saving now and thinking on it.

Day 11 Sunny (98%) Not giving up>
Destroyed La-7, Yak-3, 3 Guards in half tracks, 3 T-34/43's, IS-2, ISU-122,
Brought in +1 Movement Tac Bomber
Day 11 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed green Core JagdTiger and more hits and then????????? :? :? :? I win? OK!?!
Decisive Victory ?!?

I guess I was close enough? Whatever? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Next Palck at 31605 and I earned another SE unit tank Panzer 3 J/1 that I am upgrading immediately to an SE Tiger 2.

In looking at the next map I am spreading my units all across the North and going to press hard and fast to the South.

Until then...Stay Lutheran My Friends. ;)
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Parck
Starting prestige 31605 after upgrades, overstrength, and replacements 23874.
Supposed to get 100 per turn and I have 90 heroes.
Leaving 5 open slots and still have a 53% Soft Cap. Going to bring any of the rest of the Big Dogs as I push them back and for any units I need to replace. I am not putting anything on the left side of Frisches Haff Bay, I am hoping I do not regret that.

Separating out into 3 Battle Groups:
1st Force around Konigsberg: ME-262, Strat Bomber, Eric Litzke, Heinz Rondorf, 4 SE Tiger 2's, +1 Movement King Tiger, Jagd Tiger, Freidrich Pein, +1 Spot arty, +1 Movement Gerbisjager.
2nd Force around Borohensdorf: Wilhelm Batz, Strat Bomber, ME-262, +1 movement Tac Bomber, +1 Def Tac Bomber, 2 SE Tiger 2's, 4 towed arty's, Bruno Sutkus, Pioniere, Grenadier, +6 att 8.8.
3rd Force around NE Airfield: Jagd Panther, SE Tiger 2, 2 KV-85's, ME-262, Wirbelwind, Brumbar, siG 38t(m)

Day 1 Sunny: (53)
Pressuring Braudenburg and Mansfeld.
Destroyed 2 ISU-152's, 2 Yak-7's, 4 Cavalry's, 2 T-70's, and Pe-2.
Day 1 ai CA
T-34/43 hit arty defended by another arty -2 me and the rest of the attacks were against aux units or repulsed.

Day 2 Sunny: (53)
Seized Braudenberg.
Destroyed M3-Lee, 2 Katyusha's, Yak-7, Cavalry, 2 T-34/43's, BA-64, KV-1B, Bridge Engineer, and T-70.
Day 2 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed aux recon and 57mm AT hit Wirbelwind-5 me -3 them.

Day 3 Sunny: (55)
Seized Mulhause and Mansfeld.
Destroyed 3 57mm AT's, SMG, SU-85, Cavalry, BA-64, and Bridge Engineer.
Green KV-85 awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class for 100 kills and Eric Litzke received +3 att 2nd hero YESS!!! :shock: :twisted: :mrgreen: 92 heroes.
Day 3 ai CA:
A few counter attacks but nothing major the biggest was a BA-64 hitting Bruno Sutkus -2 each and an ISU-122 hit Green KV-85 -3 each.

Day 4 Sunny: (59)
Destroyed IL-2 Sturmovich, KV-1B, Reg Inf, SMG, 2 57mm AT's, Bridge Engineer, BA-64, ISU-122, Katyusha, and SU-85.
Bought 6 reg rep's for aux recon.
Day 4 ai CA:
Gerhard Barkhorn hit by AA -5 me and Bomber hit Green KV-85 -2 me.

Day 5 Sunny: (65)
Seized airfield near Dobstadt.
Destroyed Pe-2, KV-85, 2 SMG's, Reg Inf, 85mm AA, SU-76, 100mm AT, and T-34/43.
Day 5 ai CA:
Set up trap and destroyed fighter with 8.8 a few other attacks biggest being SMG, T-34/43, and weakened KV-85 hit Freidrich Pein -4 me -1 them and I am out of ammo and SU-85 hit green KV-85 leaving me with 3 str left, also an IS-1 hit Spotting KV-85 -2 me -1 them.

Day 6: (69)
Seized all of Parck and the nearby airfield.
Destroyed 2 M3 Lee's, 37mm AA, SU-85, 2 KV-85's, 2 SMG's, 2 T-34/43's, and ISU-152.
Bought 3 reg rep's, for aux inf and I am retreating my green KV-85.
Day 6 ai CA:
Arty nicked Pioniere and attacked aux inf.

Day 7 Sunny (70)
Destroyed T-70, Katyusha, Mt. Inf, SMG, and BA-64.
Bought 5 reg reps for recon.
Day 7 ai CA:
AA hit ME-262 -1 me and ISU-122 hit Brumbar -4 me.

Day 8 Sunny (72)
Destroyed IS-1, T-34/85, SMG, Yak-3, SU-76, Katyusha, T-70, and ISU-122.
Bought 7 reg reps for aux inf.
Day 8 ai CA:
T-34/85 hit KV-85 -3 me and Guards hit Bruno Sutkus -3 me -9 them.
Some attacks against aux units.

Day 9 Cloudy (76)
Seized Cavern, Dobstadt, and Creutzburg.
Destroyed KV-1B, 2 Bridge Engineers, KV-85, Reg Inf, Guards, T-34/43, and Mt. Inf.
Bought 6 reg reps for aux inf.
Day 9 ai CA:
BA-64 and T-34/43 hit Bruno Sutkus guarded by Brumbar -4 me -3 them.

Day 10 Sunny (79)
Pressuring Landsbera.
Destroyed 3 Bridge Engineer's, T-34/43, 2 SU-76's, 122mm arty, Reg Inf, BA-64.
Bought 6 reg reps for aux inf. and 5 reg reps for aux recon.
Day 10 ai CA
Oh Nuts! :o :shock: :oops: :evil:
An unexpected Rush came out and raped me.
+1 Movement King Tiger hit by Bomber -3 me; Bomber hit aux Jagd Tiger -5 me; Is-2, T-70, and Reg Inf hit Movement Gerbisjager -7 me -6 them; T-34/85 hit Brumbar -2 me; and enemy destroyed my Wirbelwind.
2 Fighters took out my +1 Movement Tac Bomber guarded by 1 Fighter. :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry: :twisted: :twisted: Brutal Round. (Back down to 90 heroes)

Day 11 Cloudy (93)
Destroyed Yak-3, La-5, Reg Inf, 122 mm arty, T-34/85, 100mm AT, T-70, and M3 Lee.
+1 Movement siG 38t(m) was awarded +2 Def 2nd hero. (91 heroes)
Bought 6 reg reps for aux Jagd Tiger.
Brought in +3 Def King Tiger and +3 Att King Tiger (64)
Day 11 ai CA:
They are pressing their attack but only took nicks out of various units. Thankfully. 8)

Day 12 Cloudy (66)
Destroyed 3 T-34/85's, SU-76, Yak-7, 2 100mm AT's, and IS-2.
Strat Bomber awarded Iron Cross 1st Class for 400 kills.
Bought 4 Elite Rep for Freidrich Pein.
Day 12 ai CA:
2 arty's and T-34/43 hit Pioniere being guarded by 15 str arty -4 me and all the rest were stymied by my units.

Day 13 Cloudy (67)
Pressuring Zintea.
Destroyed Pe-2, IL-2 Sturmovich, 2 Reg Inf's, 3 T-34/43's, M3-Lee, SU-76, and Guards.
Day 13 ai CA:
Arty and guards hit my arty guarded by another arty -2 me -4 them.

Day 14 Sunny (69)
Pressuring Teirense because I seized the airfield.
Destroyed 4 reg Inf's, SU-76, 85mm AA, Guards, SU-76, 57mm AA, and Bridge Engineer. (3 more to go)
Day 14 ai CA:
2 Guards and 100mm AT destroyed my aux recon and 2 other artys nicked a couple of other units, T-34/43 hit pioniere in a swamp -4 them -1 me.

Day 15 Sunny (71)
Pressuring Landsbera and seized Zinteu and also took the Southeastern most airfield.
Destroyed T-34/43, BA-64, and Paratroopers.
Day 15 ai CA:
IS-2 hit Eric Litzke -4 me -3 them; T-34/85 hit Pioniere -6 me; Reg Inf hit Green SE Tiger s in Swamp -2 me -3 them.

Day 16 Cloudy (77)
Seized Landsberra.
Destroyed 122mm arty, Reg Inf, 3 Guards, T-34/85.
Day 16 ai CA:
T-34/85 hit Brumbar guarded by another arty -2 me.

Day 17 Cloudy (69)
Because I was awarded a ne KV-85 for seizing Landsberra. 8)
Seized Bucholz.
Destroyed T-34/85, 122mm arty, and 2 Bridge Engineers. 1 left
Day 17 ai CA nothing

Day 18 Cloudy (72)
Seized Teirense.
Destroyed Guards, Mtn Inf, 37mm AA, 100mm AT.
Day 18 ai CA:
Arty nicked my arty and aux attack was stymied by my arty.

Day 19 Sunny (73)
Pressuring Fedderau.
Destroyed 2 Valentine's, 122mm arty.
Day 19 ai CA: Arty nicked Spot arty -2 me.

Day 20 Sunny (73)
Destroyed 2 Valentine 3's and 122mm Arty.
Day 20 - 22 ai CA nothing.

Day 21 Cloudy (73)
Pressuring Eisenberg.
Destroyed IS-2 and 4 Valentine 3's.
Day 22 Snowy (73)
Seized Fedderan and Eisenberg.
Destroyed Reg Inf, Mt. Inf, and last Bridge Engineer.

Decisive Victory Ending Prestige 26279

Overall this battle was the right amount of toughness but with enough ease to make it doable. I was caught by surprise by the severity of the counter attack and based on that lack of preparation I lost a couple of units. Other than that I pretty much dominated.

Next time will be Laptau with 28115.
goose_2

AMDonline
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by AMDonline »

interesting read as always goose
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

AMDonline wrote:interesting read as always goose
Thanks Buddy

Time to type up another as i am going to take a break from finishing this great Campaign as need a break from this crazy playthrough and starting a few other shorter fun ones that i am hoping to also possibly post today as well.
Time at work is just awesome. :D

So with that said here is my day by day for
Laptau
Starting with 28115 after Upgrades, Replacements, and Overstrength 20891
Upgraded Bf110g to ME410A.
I am now going North around the same city I went South on last scenario.
I am going out strong with all forces I can which brings my Soft Cap down to 20%. Yikes! :oops:
I am supposed to get 100 per turn but looks like I will be getting less than half for the entire of this scenario.
This is the only scenario that I have chosen to go this deep into my pool, let's see how it goes.

On the left near Wargen brought: Me-262, Strat Bomber, Green 8.8 from Poltava, 2 King Tigers, Heinz Rondorf, 3 SE Tiger 2's, Green KV-85, JagdTiger.
On the Right near Poganen brought: ME-262, Strat Bomber, +1 def Tac Bomber, Green KV-85, 4 SE Tiger 2's, 2 King Tigers, Jagd Panther, 8.8 from Poltava, +1 Spot KV-85.
In The Center around Konigsberg: All 7 arty's, ME-262, ME410A, 3 Pionieres, Grenadier, Freidrich Pein, Bruno Sutkus, Movement Gerbisjager, King Tiger, and Wilhelm Batz.

Going hard and fast because I want to break them with no opportunity at being bum rushed with a counter attack. 20% though? Yikes! :shock: :oops:

Day 1 Sunny (20)
Pressuring Widittin
Destroyed 3 La-5's, IL-4, T-34/43, 2 KV-85's, 2 SU-100's, 2 T-70's, 2 Katyusha's, 2 152mm arty's, 37mm AA, 100mm AT, and SU-76.
+2 def Fighter awarded 2nd hero +1 Def :| 92 heroes.
Day 1 ai CA:
AA nicked Strat Bomber and SU-100 hit green KV-85 -3 each.

Day 2 Sunny (20)
Seized both Sector B Suspected Artillery Zones near Konigsberg and pressuring Neuhausen.
Destroyed 3 T-34/43's, 3 57mm AT's, SU-152, 100mm AT, Mnt Inf, Yak-9d, La-7, T-90 SPAAG, SU-100, 37mm AA.
My ME 410A ran into an unexpected air route based on the flight taken a crazy route, but at least I was able to use this to destroy more enemy air units and bolster this weakened unit with defensive aircraft.
Day 2 ai CA:
Mt Inf hit JagdPanther in the hills -4 me -1 them; Mt Inf hit +1 Movement King Tiger in Hills -4 me -1 them; and arty nicked Pioniere.

Day 3 sunny (25)
Seized Widittin
Destroyed 152mm arty, 3 Mtn Inf's, IL-4, 2 SU-76's, Conscript.
Day 3 ai CA:
SPAAG hit +1 Def Tac Bomber -2 me.

Day 4 Sunny (25)
Pressuring Gumehnen, Goldbach, and seized Neuhausen as well as it's airfield.
Destroyed T-90 SPAAG, 57mm AT, 2 Mtn. Inf's, 37mm AA, Conscript, 2 BA-10's, SU-100.
Day 4 ai CA:
Bomber nicked King Tiger; 2 aux units hit hard; SU-85 and 57mm AT hit Spot KV-85 -8 each.

Day 5 Sunny (29)
Seized Gumehnen.
Destroyed Katyusha, SU-152, 57mm AT, KV-85, 2 Conscripts, SU-76, IL-2 Sturmovich, and Mt. Inf.
My 12.8 AA was awarded a +1 Spotting hero at 26 kills. Ok? :? :| :roll: and my +1 Att arty awarded a +1 Def 2nd hero. This brings me to 94 heroes. :mrgreen:
Bought 7 reg reps for aux Inf.
Day 5 ai CA:
SU-100 hit KV-85 -5 me -1 them; 100mm AT hit green 88 -5 me -3 them; and also some sux attacks.

Day 6 Sunny (34)
Seized North of Gumehnen.
Destroyed 100mm AT, 2 T-34/43's, Yak-9D, SU-100, 37mm AA, T-70, 2 Mt. Inf's, Reg Inf, Katyusha, and SU-85.
+1 Def Tac Bomber awarded Knights Cross for 800 kills
Bought 6 reg reps for aux recon and 8 reg reps for aux inf.
Day 6 ai CA:
Bomber and IS-2 hit Heinz Rondorf -2 me; IS-2 destroyed aux recon; Mt. Inf hit JagdPanther in the hills -3 me.

Day 7 (39)
Pressuring Radau and seized Goldbach.
Destroyed 2 Conscript's, SU-76, 2 57mm AT's, Mtn Inf., T-70, Reg Inf., and 152mm Arty.
Day 7 ai CA:
My BA 88 Shredded a bomber. :twisted: 8) :mrgreen:
Fighter nicked SE Tiger 2; Mt. Inf destroyed aux Inf; T-90 SPAAG hit ME-262 -2 me; IS-2 hit JagdTiger -4 them -1 me.

Day 8 Sunny (43)
Seized Radau and airfield, also seized 2 Sector B Suspected Artillery Zones.
Destroyed 100mm AT, 57mm AT, Yak-7, SU-76, and 2 Mtn. Inf's.
Day 8 ai CA:
KV-85 hit my KV-85 -3 each; Mt. Inf. nicked aux JagdTiger; arty hit green 88 -2 me; 2 arty's and SU-76 hit Pioniere -7 me. :oops:

Day 9 Sunny (48)
Pressuring Legitten.
Destroyed KV-85, BA-10, Yak-9D, IS-2, Mt. Inf, and SU-76.
Day 9 ai CA:
IS-2 destroyed my green 8.8. Arty hit other green 8.8 -3 me; SU-85 was ambushed by my +1 Movement King Tiger. -1 me -4 them.

Day 10 Sunny (57) Halfway done and I am now earning more then 50% :roll:
Destroyed Katyusha, Yak-3, Pe-2, 37mm AA, 57mm AT, and 2 152mm arty's.
Movement Gerbisjager was awarded their 3rd hero +1 def (95 heroes)
Day 10 ai CA
Enemy destroyed my aux recon; AA hit ME-262 -2 me; arty nicked movement Gerbisjager; T-34/43 hit Brumbar -3 me.

Day 11 Cloudy (61)
Pressuring Posuichen.
Destroyed SU-76, 37mm AA, and T-90 SPAAG.
Day 11 ai CA:
Bomber nicked SE Tiger 2; Reg Inf nicked weakened KV-85 -1 each; Arty and KV-85 hit Bruno Sutkus -4 me; T-70 and SU-76 hit +1 Movement Gerbisjager leaving me with 2 str; :shock: :? :oops: :cry: ; arty and weakened IS-2 hit 88 leaving me with 2 Str.

Day 12 Sunny (69)
Seized airfield near Legitten.
Destroyed KV-85, T-70, 57mm AT, IL-2 Sturmovich, IS-2, T-34/43, Reg Inf, and Mtn Inf.
Greenest SE Tiger 2 awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class 100 kills.
Day 12 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed aux JagdTiger and aux Inf. 2 Fighters hit unescorted Strat Bomber leaving me with 4 str. :oops: ; Bomber hit arty -2 me.

Day 13 Sunny (77)
Seized all of Laptau and it's airfield.
Destroyed 2 IS-2's, Mtn Inf, 2 Reg Inf's, 3 T-34/43's, SU-76, Yak-9D, Yak-3, SU-85, Yak-7, SU-152, and Pe-2.
Wilhelm Batz awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class for 100 kills.
Day 13 ai CA:
T-34/43 and ISU-152 hit Brumbar -5 me.

Day 14 Sunny (82)
Seized Legitten.
Destroyed SU-152, T-34/43, Conscript, Reg Inf, and SU-152.
Jagd Panther awarded Knights Cross with Oak Leaves for 1300 kills.
Bought 8 Elite Replacements for Movement Gerbisjager.
Day 14 ai CA:
Reg Inf and 100mm AT destroyed green KV-85 in forest. :cry: :oops: :P :roll:
Reg inf hit Green SE Tiger 2 in swamp -3 each; T-34/43, Conscript, and SU-100 hit Freidrich Pein -3 me.

Day 15 Cloudy (89)
Pressuring Schaken.
Destroyed 100mm AT, 57mm AT, 2 Reg Inf's, SU-85, and T-90 SPAAG.
Day 15 ai CA Nothing

Day 16 (90)
Seized Molsen and it's airfield as well as seized Posuicken, even able to pressure Luinze.
Destroyed 152mm arty, Valentine 3, 100mm AT, and Katyusha.
Day 16 ai CA:
T-34/43 hit Grenadier -1 me.

Day 17 Sunny (90)
Seized Schaken and Lurenze.
Destroyed SU-152, 100mm AT, T-34/43, 2 Conscript's.
Day 17 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed aux Inf and hit aux arty.

Day 18 (90)
Destroyed 2 T-34/43's, SU-85.

I only have 1 arty left that has 1 str left that I am saving until turn 20 to maximize prestige and still get a Decisive Victory.

Decisive Victory prestige at the end was 22565.
This was a costly battle where I lost a couple of units and taken some serious damage on other units, but I now have 95 heroes, so I will finally stop army building soon and only use my big Dogs and try to minimize losses. I need to stop dipping so deep in my prestige every round or I will start running out of prestige rather quickly.

Next Osterode at 25729.

Until then Stay Lutheran My Friends. ;)
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Osterode
Starting Prestige 25729 but after replacements and overstrength 19898

Oh Boy! In looking at the map there is part of me that just wants to go for the objectives, but part of me that wants to put a force in the North to try and take over some of the Secondary Objectives. What to do? :? Ok you know it. I am trying for all of it. :roll:
Going light at first as I am holding back 13 core units to maximize prestige.

In the South I am putting: 6 SE Tiger 2's, 2 King Tigers, 5 arty's, BA AA, 2 Pioniere, 2 Grenadiers including Freidrich Pein, 2 ME-262's, Walther Barkhorn, 2 Strat Bombers, 1 +1 Att Tac Bomber.
In The North: 2 arty's, SE Tiger 2, 2 King Tigers, Eric Litzke, ME-262, and +1 Def Tac Bomber.

Day 1 Sunny (96 with 13 core units left behind :roll:)
Pressuring Wartenburg.
Destroyed 2 Yak-9D's, 2 Pe-2's, KV-85, 152mm arty, 100mm AT.
Day 1 ai CA:
T-34/85 and KV-85 hit Frederic Pein guarded by arty -7 me and T-34/85 hit Grenadier on river -5 me.

Day 2 Sunny (100)
Destroyed 152mm arty, 2 LA-7's, Pe-2, KV-85, Soviet Engineers, T-34/85, and 57mm AT.
Brought in Bruno Sutkus in the North.
Day 2 ai CA:
Spot ary hit by T-34/85 but I was guarded by another arty -1 them -4 me.

Day 3 Sunny (98)
Destroyed 2 BA-64's, 2 T-34/85's, 57mm AT, and 2 Conscript's.
Bought 5 Elite Rep for Freidrich Pein.
Day 3 ai CA:
AA hit Strat Bomber -4 me.

Day 4 Sunny (100)
Pressuring Allenstein by seizing it's airfield.
Destroyed SU-76.
Bringing Pioniere in the North.
Day 4 ai CA: Nothing

Day 5 Sunny (98)
Seized Allenstein and pressured Kachendorf by seizing it's airfield.
Destroyed Mtn Inf, 85mm AT, ISU-122, 100mm AT, Mtn Inf, T-34/85, and 122mm arty.
Brought my +6 att +2 Def Tac Bomber.
Day 5 ai CA:
IS-2 hit SE Tiger 2 -3 me -4 them and Mtn Inf hit my Pioniere in a truck guarded by arty -3 them -1 me.

Day 6 Sunny (93)
Pressuring G. Berning and seized Heiligenthal.
Destroyed 2 Mtn Inf's, Yak-3, IL-2 Sturmovich, IL-10, 122mm arty, 57mm AT, SU-76, and T-70.
Day 6 ai CA:
IS-2 hit SE Tiger 2 -1 me -4 them; SU-85 ambushed by my Brumbar -3 me; and enemy retook airfield next to Kachendorf.

Day 7 Cloudy (95)
Reseized airfield next to Kachendorf and seized G. Berting.
Destroyed 2 Conscripts, T-70, 2 SU-85's, Mtn Inf, 122mm arty, T-90 SPAAG, 2 LA-5's.
Day 7 ai CA:
Reg Inf hit Brumbar -1 me -5 them.

Day 8 Cloudy (97)
Pressuring Waltersdorf.
Destroyed T-34/43, IS-2, 2 reg Inf's, SU-85, Mtn Inf, 57mm AT.
Day 8 ai CA:
IS-2 hit SE Tiger 2 -1 me.

Day 9 Sunny (97)
Seized Kachendorf and Waltersdorf.
Destroyed IS-2, 100mm AT, 2 Reg Inf's, and Conscript.
Brought in Uber rudel.
Day 9 ai CA:
Guards hit SE Tiger 2 in swamp guarded by an arty -3 me -2 them.

Day 10 Sunny (91)
Pressuring Rail Bridge.
Destroyed Guards, T-34/43, 57mm AT, ISU-122, and BA-64.
Day 10 ai CA:
Bombers and arty's took a couple of nicks on a few units.

Day 11 Cloudy (93)
Pressuring Lichstahl and Langguth.
Destroyed 57mm AT, La-5, IL-10, IL-2 Sturmovich, Katyusha, T-34/43, T-70, and Conscript.
Day 11 ai CA: Guards hit Pioniere in G. Berting -4 me -7 them.

Day 12 Rainy: (95)
Seized Lichstahl and airfield.
Destroyed T-34/43, 122mm arty, 85mm AT, and ISU-122.
Bought 6 Elite Reps for Pioniere in G. Berting.
Day 12 ai CA: nothing

Day 13 Sunny (93)
Destroyed Guards, SU-152, 2 SU-76's, and 2 Yak-3's.
Day 13 ai CA: AA hit ME-262 -4 me and ISU-122 hit Green SE Tiger 2 -3 me -5 them

Day 14 Sunny (96)
Seized Rail Bridge and Langguth and Echensdorf and even pressuring Grieslienen.
Destroyed 2 Guards, ISU-122, Engineer, BA-64, and T-70.
Day 14 ai CA: AA hit +1 Def Tac Bomber -4 me.

Day 15 Sunny (99)
Seized Grieslienen.
Destroyed 57mm AT, Conscript, IS-2, Katyusha, 100mm AT, T-90 SPAAG.
Day 15 ai CA:
2 T-34/43's hit Bruno Sutkus in the Forest -7 them -5 me and IS-2 hit Eric Litzke.

Day 16 Sunny (100)
Bringing JagdPanther
Destroyed 2 T-34/43's, Guards, Conscript, IS-2, and 37mm AA.
+3 Def 15cm arty awarded Knights Cross 800 kills and 88 awarded Knights Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords for 1900 kills.
Day 16 ai CA: T-34/43 hit Pioniere -2 me -3 them.

Day 17 Sunny (96)
Seized Main Airfield next to Osterode and seized Wittichwidle.
Destroyed T-34/43, 2 SU-85's, SU-76, 57mm AT, 2 Conscript's, and SU-152.
+6 Att Tac Bomber awarded Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords for 1900 kills.
Day 17 ai CA:
T-34/43 self emulated on my Pioniere guarded by my Brumbar and Reg Inf hit +2 arty in half Track -6 me.

Day 18 Sunny (100)
Destroyed Reg Inf, 2 Guards, BA-64, 85mm AA, and 152mm arty.
+1 Att +1 Def Double heroed 15cm arty awarded Knights Cross for 800 kills.
Day 18 ai CA:
AA nicked Me-262 and Guards nicked Polish arty.

Day 19 Cloudy (100)
Seized Scabersdorf and it's airfield.
Destroyed Guards and Conscript.
Day 19 ai CA: Nothing

Day 20 Sunny (100)
Seized Lecheninhl and seized all of Osterode, and even pressuring Aronau.
Destroyed 85mm AT, 37mm AA, Engineers, 2 Reg Inf's, 45mm AT.

Marginal Victory :( :cry: :evil:
Only the 2nd of the entire blind campaign. Not too bad. :oops:
Hopefully my last.

Ending prestige: 23317

I might have been able to get a Decisive Victory. If I would have pressed a little harder and a little faster but I was not willing to take any major losses to do it. Great Scenario where you are torn with what to do and what to watch out for and I am ok with getting marginal and now am moving forward.

Next Poznan 45 with 25667 in prestige.
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Poznan 45

Starting prestige at 25667 after replacements and overstrength 20507.
I am supposed to get 100 prestige per round but I am leaving behind 8 slots and have my soft cap penalty at 63%

Looking at the map I see myself using 3 battle groups, North, Center, and South.

In the North around Wyrysk Bringing: 2 SE Tiger 2's; King Tiger, KV-85, 2 artys, Pioniere, Grenadier, Strat Bomber, ME-262, Walther Batz, +1 att Tac Bomber.

In the Center around Znin: Me-262, Strat Bomber, Pioniere, siG 38(t)m, SE Tiger 2, King Tiger, Eric Litzke,
In the Center around Rogowo: 2 SE Tiger 2's, JagdPanther, King Tiger, 15 cm arty.

In the South around Piotrkow Kujawski: 2 SE Tiger 2's, Heinz Rondorf, King Tiger, JagdTiger, Pioniere, Freidrich Pein, 3 arty's, Me-262, +1 Def Tac Bomber, BA 8.8, and Bruno Sutkus at Kleczew.

Day 1 Sunny (63)
Pressuring Mrocza and Brzesc Kujawski.
Destroyed 2 T-34/43's, 100mm AT, 2 Yak-7's, 2 SU-76's, Reg Inf, and Conscript.
Day 1 ai CA:
BA 88 shredded Bomber, Bomber and arty hit Polish arty -5 me, arty hit Freidrich Pein -1 me; and enemy AA shredded my +1 Def Tac Bomber.

Day 2 Sunny (73)
Pressuring Inowroclaw and seized Mrocza.
Destroyed Conscript, 122mm arty, Yak-9D, Yak-7, La-5, Pe-2, T-34/85, Reg Inf, IS-1, T-34/43, and 57mm AT.
Day 2 ai CA:
Eric Litzke nicked by arty; +2 att arty hit by T-34/85 -9 me; T-34/85 and SU-85 hit Pioniere -4 me; IS-2 hit Freidrich Pein -7 me.

Day 3 Sunny (88)
Seized Brzesc Kujawski.
Destroyed 2 Conscript's; 122mm arty, La-5, 100mm AT, SU-85, T-34/85, T-34/43, 57mm AT, Reg Inf, and IL-2 Sturmovich.
Bought 3 Elite Rep for my +3 Att King Tiger.
Day 3 ai CA:
T-34/43 hit KV-85 -1 me -2 them; Guards hit SE Tiger 2 in forest guarded by arty -6 them -2 me; arty hit Pioniere -3 me; AA hit +1 Def Tac Bomber -2 me; IS-2 and T-34/85 hit Brumbar guarded by arty -4 me -2 them; and Guards hit SE Tiger 2 in City -4 each.

Day 4 Sunny (92)
Destroyed 100mm AT, 2 Reg inf's, 2 Guards, 122mm arty, SU-76, and IS-2.
Bought 1 reg rep for Brumbar, bought 4,5,6 Elite Replacements for 2 Pioniere's and freidrich Pein as well as 3 reg rep for Strat Bombers.
Bought another siG38(t)m in the South.
Day 4 ai CA:
T-90 SPAAG hit +1 att Tac Bomber -1 me; Reg Inf attacked SE Tiger 2 in forest guarded by arty -4 them.

Day 5 Sunny (83)
Pressuring Bydgoszcz.
Destroyed 2 Reg Inf's, IS-1, 2 SU-76's, 100mm AT, 57mm AT.
Bought 5 reg reps for +1 Def Tac Bomber.
Day 5 ai CA: Nothing :roll:

Day 6 Sunny (83)
Pressuring Chelmza and Wloclawek.
Destroyed 122mm arty.
KV-85 awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Bought another siG 38(t)m.
Day 6 ai CA
BA-10 hit Brumbar 1 each; SU-100 hit green SE Tiger 2 guarded by Brumbar -4 me -3 them; Green KV-85 hit by 2 T-34/85's -1 me -5 them.

Day 7 Sunny (81)
Seized Bydgoszcz and Inowroclaw.
Destroyed T-34/43, Engineers in Bydgoszcz and Inowroclaw, T-90 SPAAG, 57mm AT, BA-10, Guards, IS-1, T-34/85.
Day 7 ai CA:
Bruno Sutkus hit by T-34/85, SMG, TSU-152, SU-100 -6 me -10 them, and Guards hit +1 Movement SE Tiger s guarded with arty -2 them -5 me.

Day 8 Sunny (85)
Pressuring Torun.
Destroyed SU-100, T-34/85, 57mm AT, and 37mm AA.
Awarded Recon Officer next to Bydgoszcz.
Day 8 ai CA:
SE Tiger 2 reduced to 3 str from 100mm AT and Jagd Tiger reduced to 2 Str by 2 KV-85's.

Day 9 Rainy (91)
Seized Chelmza
Destroyed Guards, T-34/85, KV-85, and SMG.
Day 9 ai CA: Nothing but a couple of ineffective attacks. :roll:

Day 10 Sunny (92)
Seized Wloclowek.
Destroyed 37mm AA, SU-76, 100mm AT, Engineer in Wloclowek, and KV-85.
Day 10 ai CA: :( :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :evil: :cry: :oops:
Now they are coming out. :shock:
IS-2 14 Str hit green KV-85 -3 me, arty and Guards hit Pioniere guarded by another arty -2 me -6 them; 14 Str IS-2 hit +3 Att King Tiger -1 me; T-34/43 hit Bruno Sutkus -4 me; 2 T-34/85's hit green SE Tiger 2 -1 me -7 them; 2 AA's hit Gerhard Barkhorn -8 me. :oops: :cry: :evil:

Day 11 Sunny (100)
Seized airfield near Chelmza and Torun.
Presented recon around Wloclowek.
Pressuring Lipno.
Brought in Heinrich Bar.
Destroyed IS-2, 122mm arty, Guards, 57mm AT, and T-34/85.
Day 11 ai CA:
2 T-90 SPAAG's and AA hit +1 Tac Bomber -5 me.

Day 12 Cloudy (100)
Pressuring Rypin and seized Lipno and it's airfield.
Presented recon around Torun.
Destroyed 85mm AA, T-34/85, Guards, and 122mm arty.
Day 12 ai CA:
Large airforce came out but only nicks were taken as it is cloudy.

Day 13 Sunny (100)
Destroyed La-5, 57mm AT, BA-10, T-34/43, T-90 SPAAG, and T-34/85.
+1 Att +1 Initiative Pioniere awarded Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves for 1300 kills.
Brought another +2 Def Fighter.
Day 13 ai CA: :( :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :evil: :cry: :oops:
Now they are unleashing Hell on me.
They are coming out in full force and there are so many attacks that I am not attempting to write them all down only to say that I had no core losses and I am going to do my best to hold them back why minimizing losses.

Day 14 Sunny (100)
Placed all 3 Recons in Sector C.
Destroyed 2 Yak-3's, 3 T-34/43's, SMG, IL-10, Cavalry.
Bought 1 new Bridge Engineer to Guard Wloclawek and brought in Otto Kittel.
Day 14 ai CA:
Again so many attacks that I cannot capture them all but it took almost 5 minutes for all of them to carry out. :shock: :shock: :shock:
I had 2 core losses, Polish arty and green siG38(t)m. (94 heroes) :cry:

Day 15 Sunny (100)
Awarded Prototype Maus in the Rough Field in Bottom Right Corner of the map. :twisted:
Destroyed 2 La-5's, IS-2, 100mm AT, T-34/43, IL-10,
Bought 4 reg rep for Bridge Engineer.
+3 Def Double heroed Me-262 awarded Knights Cross for 800 kills.
Brought in +1 Att Panther to bolster my Defense.
Day 15 ai CA:
Man I lost my Bridge Engineer, 2 of my big Dog Pioniere units. (90 heroes) I think I may need to give up army building. 100 heroes is possible, but not in my playthrough.

There was a whole bunch of other attacks but no more losses.

This was a rough battle where I got overextended and cocky, much to my detriment again. You think I would learn, but I am like a brick wall sometimes. :roll: :cry: :P :mrgreen:

Next will be Breslau at 24045 prestige.

Oh no a city Battle and I only have 6 worthy infantry units. I am going to be buying green units and using them to take casualties and stall enemy advances, who knows maybe I can still build up some experience or at least stem the blood I am losing every single battle now.

In looking at the next map I see myself using mostly infantry and artillery, along with a nice big airforce, but tanks I will probably restrict to just the SE Bad Boys, we shall see.

Until then...Stay Lutheran My Friends. ;)
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Breslau
Starting prestige 24045 after upgrade, new purchases, replacements, and overstrength 16113. (Thank God this is almost over or I would really start hurting for prestige at this rate. :oops:)

Upgraded Otto Kittel to ME-262 and bought 7 Volkssturm thanks to the wonderful advice/suggestion from TSPC37730 and milliethedog. :twisted:
Leaving 4 open slots in deployment so that I can fill in needed gaps and I have soft cap at 97%. (Love using Volkssturm)
Soft Cap is at 97%.
I am deploying my forces in essentially 5 battle groups.

North: ME-262, Strat Bomber, Pioniere, 2 Volkssturm, 2 SE Tiger 2's.
North Central: Green siG38t(m), +1 Spot Arty, Bruno Sutkus, Movement Gerbisjager, SE Tiger 2, BA SE 88, and Volkssturm.
Central: Grenadier, 2 King Tiger's, Volkssturm, BA siG38t(m), 3 ME-262's including Gerhard Barkhorn and Otto Kittel, +6 Att Tac Bomber, and Uber Rudel.
South Central: 4 SE Tiger 2's and 2 Volkssturm.
South: King Tiger, Freidrich Pein, Oleh Dir, Volkssturm, 4 Arty's, Green 88 AA, Wilhelm Batz, +1 Def Tac Bomber, +1 Att Tac Bomber, Strat Bomber.

In looking at the map my idea is to press forward slowly and methodically with my aux units and Volkssturm and doing my best to tray and keep my core units from getting hurt. :mrgreen:

Day 1 ai CA: (Ok I wasn't sure who goes first on this map and my plan is now changing based on this fact and seeing what is coming down the pike at me.)
They attacked first and hit my aux units hard and even eliminated 3 aux Volkssturm and 1 aux Hetzer and seized Northern Breslau and parts of Central Breslau.
They are coming on strong and based on that I am changing my plan and instead am backing away my aux units away and letting the enemy come across the large Oder to me so I can easily eliminate them on that river and then go on the attack once there initial assault is broken.
Day 1 Sunny (99)
Retreated all in the North and some in Central, but ending up still maintaining some kind of front in the Center and even pressing forward in the South.
Destroyed IL-4, La-5, Engineers, IL-2M3, and 2 SMG's.
Bought 4 new 10.5 cm artys with trucks to fill in gaps in defensive line. (Soft Cap now 87%)

Day 2 ai CA:
Fighter's hit green 10.5 cm arty and Wilhelm Batz -3 for me and aux hetzer was destroyed. Enemy is continuing to press and taking over more of Breslau.
Day 2 Sunny (88)
Seized South Breslau (18,20) as I am trying to press them back everywhere around the Big Impassible Oder River.
Destroyed SMG, 2 La-5's, Yak-9U, 122mm arty, 2 Enigineers, 37mm AA, Conscript, and T-34/85.
Bought a few reg replacements for various units.

Day 3 ai CA:
Several attacks but no further losses.
Day 3 Sunny (92)
Pressuring Hundsfeld.
Destroyed Conscript, SU-85, 3 T-34/85's, Engineers, SMG, ISU-152, 2 IL-4's, and IL-2M3.

Day 4 ai CA:
Enemy is still trying to press but I am devastating them on the river and have held them back in the center and am starting to push them back in the South.
Day 4 Sunny (94)
Retreated from Central Breslau (13,14) to allow them to come into vulnerable areas and give my units a chance to reload.
Destroyed Guards, IL-4, Engineers, 37mm AA, 2 T-34/85's, SU-85, and SMG.
Freidrich Pein awarded +3 Def 3rd Hero. :shock: :twisted: :D 8) (91 heroes)
Bought a few more reg replacements for a few more units.

Day 5 ai CA:
My Southern push around Hundsfeld got hit hard with a T-34/43 hitting Oleh Dir guarded by Brumbar -2 me; +2 Att Arty also guarded by Brumbar -7 me; then SU-85 hit that Brumbar -8 me; Conscript and 2 arty's hit movement Gerbisjager -3 me; the rest of the attacks were stymied by my well placed units and Central Breslau has been seized.
Day 5 Sunny (100)
Destroyed SU-85, T-34/43, Guards, 3 Conscript's, 2 SMG's, and ISU-122.
Bought 5 reg reps for aux Volkssturm.

Day 6 ai CA
Enemy destroyed core Volkssturm and SMG hit Bruno Sutkus -2 me.
Day 6 Rainy (100)
Seized Breslau (16,16)
Destroyed ISU-122, SMG, and 122mm arty.
Bruno Sutkus awarded Iron Cross 1st Class 400 kills.
Bought 3 reg reps for 10cm arty and 6 Elite Replacements for Brumbar.

Day 7 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed core Volkssturm and Engineers hit BA siG38t(m) -3 me.
Day 7 Sunny (100)
Ok here is when I start making my move mainly in the Central and South Central area of the map. :mrgreen:
Seized Breslau (20,17), (19,15), (10,12), (18,13) and (13,14)
Destroyed 122mm arty, T-34/43, Reg Inf, Engineers, Guards, 2 Conscripts.
Bought 8 Elite Replacements for +2 Att Arty.

Day 8 ai CA:
Nothing but a pointless attack against my aux Volkssturm. :roll:
Day 8 Sunny (98)
Now I am breaking out everywhere. :twisted:
Seized Breslau (9,8) (10,10) (12,7), (12,13) and (14,11) as well as Hundsfeld and airfield as well as the Breslau Rail Station. (Yeah this feels good.)
Destroyed BA-64, 3 122mm arty's, 37mm AA, Engineers, 2 Katyusha's, Reg Inf, T-34/43, and 2 57mm AT's.
Oleh Dir awarded Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords for 1900 kills.

Day 9 ai CA:
:o :shock: :x UH OH!!!
There is a whole lot of movement within my vision range as their 2nd wave is now coming but not yet attacking yet.
Only 2 attacks Reg inf hit core Volkssturm which reduced me to 1 str and ISU-152 hit Green SE Tiger 2 -4 them -2 me.
Now I need to decide on whether or not I want to hold my newly taken areas or if I want to retreat back across the river to allow them to kill themselves on trying to take my positions, I think I will retreat from my probing areas and hold my areas where I can hold them back at and press them once I destroy this newest wave, if the next attacks are too strong and I start losing some green or aux units I will probably retreat at that point, but something tells me I am going to get caught up in holding my areas and force them to wear down my units regardless of the cost to me. I have trouble giving up too much ground.
Day 9 Rainy: (99)
Backed out of Breslau (12,7)
Destroyed ISU-152, 57mm AT.
Bought 4 reg reps for core Volkssturm.
Also bought another 10.5cm arty and Volkssturm at Breslau (18,13) to plug a gap.

Day 10 ai CA:
2 aux Volkssturm's and 3 Core Volkssturm's were destroyed. Breslau (12,7) was retaken as well as airfield next to Hundsfeld. There was a bunch of other attacks with other units, some of which were pretty big but moving forward without writing it all down as it would get tedious.
Huge forces are coming at me. :cry:
Day 10 Cloudy (100)
Destroyed Yak-9D, La-5, T-34/43, 3 Guards, and BA-64.
Bought 3 Volkssturm's to try and hold back an assault coming at Breslau (18,13)

Day 11 ai CA:
1 aux Volkssturm and 4 Core Volkssturm's were destroyed.
Again a whole bunch of other attacks. This makes it painfully obvious that I am going to have trouble holding my current positions. Based on this I am going to slowly back away from current positions to hopefully draw them out and burn them out as they continue to try and press forward.
Day 11 Sunny (100)
Retook airfield next to Hundsfeld and retreated from Breslau (9,8) (18,13), and (14,11)
Destroyed 4 T-34/43's, 3 IS-2's, Yak-9D, La-7, Pe-2, Yak-3, and IS-1.
+2 Def +3 Att King Tiger that formerly was my KV-1B was awarded his 3rd +1 Initiative Hero. (92 heroes) :twisted: 8)
Gerhard Barkhorn and Me410A were both awarded an Iron Cross 1st Class for 400 kills.

Day 12 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed 1 more core Volkssturm and took over all areas I abandoned and are now pressing the new areas.
They are also buying a lot of IS-2's that my forward SE Tiger 2's can see. :o :shock: :oops: :evil:
I am thinking I am going to need to bring in some more heavy hitters, but I am still worried about all of the infantry swarming at me.
Day 12 Sunny (100)
Destroyed IL-4, BA-64, 2 IL-10's, Reg Inf, Yak-9D, IS-1, IS-2, 2 Guards, and T-34/43.
Bought a few more regular replacements for green units as well as some minorly damaged units and also bought 5 Elite Replacements for +2 Att arty and 4 for Pioniere unit.
Brought in Heinz Rondorf to help give me some more punch.

Day 13 ai CA: 2 IS-2's hit Freidrich Pein guarded by arty -5 me and weakened AA hit Otto Kittel -2 me.
Day 13 Sunny (100)
Seized Protsch.
Destroyed 85mm AA, IL-4, 3 IS-2's, T-34/43, ISU-152, 2 M3 Stuarts, Reg Inf, and Guards.
Bought a few more reg reps for various units.

Day 14 ai CA:
They are running out of steam, but I got a little overzealous with my push back and this got a couple of my units really hurt.
Captuared Somua which was in close terrain but guarded by an arty was hit for -3 me and my +1 Att +1 Def arty was hit hard by 2 units -9 me. Thank God it was guarded by another arty otherwise I think I would have lost it. Other than this they are limping along and have nothing to bring to bear anymore.
Day 14 Sunny (100)
Seized airfield near Protsch and pressuring 2nd Breslau Rail Station as well as seized Breslau (17,11) (19,11), and (14,11).
Destroyed 3 Guards, IS-2, 2 Reg Inf's, Katyusha.

Day 15 ai CA:
AA hit +6 Attt +2 Def Tac Bomber -4 me and AA hit Strat Bomber -4 me; and 2 Katyushasand Reg Inf hit Bruno Sutkus -7 me; and a few others with little effect.
Day 15 Sunny (100)
Destroyed 100mm AT, 2 Reg Inf's, 3 Katyusha's, 2 Guards.

Day 16 ai CA:
A few attacks against some green units but also AA hit +1 Def Tac Bomber -4 me and Reg Inf hit Somua/King Tiger in close terrain guarded by arty -2 me.
Day 16 Sunny (100)
Seized Breslau (14,9) as well as airfield near Breslau Rail Station.
Destroyed 2 85mm AA's, 100mm AT, Katyusha, Guards, Reg Inf, T-34/43.

Day 17 ai CA:
A reg inf able to reduce one of my Triple heroed SE Tiger 2 in close terrain down to 3 Str. :oops: (Don't get cocky with your tanks in close terrain ever.)
Day 17 Sunny (100)
Seized Northern most airfield and airfield next to Dyhrenfurth so I am pressuring Dyrhenfurth and even took Breslau (12,7) and (17,8)
Destroyed Reg Inf, 57mm AT, Soviet Engineers.

At this point I could win the map but I wait until Round 22 and back away from the Breslau Rail Station so I can seize the rest of Dyhren furth and the 2nd Main Railway Station and destroy these other items: 57mm AT, Guards, 122mm arty, 57mm arty, and 45mm AT.
In the process my 4th SE Tiger 2 was awarded his 3rd hero +1 Att that makes all 3 heroes add up to +3 Att :? Oh well that is 93 heroes and thanks to the advice and use of the Volkssturm as well as additional green arty I pulled this one off.

I was worried when i watched them purchasing IS-2's so readily and rapidly, but they ended up bleeding through their prestige and were unable to recover once I surrounded them and destroyed these powerful units.
I love the way this game is still creating learning opportunities for me and I really hope I can pull off some more Decisive Victory's so I can see the final battle for this Grand Campaign. We shall see.

Decisive Victory ending with 17233 in prestige

Next time Budapest 45 with 22233 in prestige.
The map looks massive and I am not sure how I want to go about getting all I can for this massive map.
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

I have time to type up 1 more today.
Hopefully I can get Eben Emael for Manstein tomorrow. :roll:

Budapest 45

Starting prestige 22233 after replacements and overstrength 17443.

Thanks very much for this idea from TSPC37730 and milliethedog. They suggested using cheap units to help round out the army and use as fodder. Great idea that is paying off in Spades and allowing me to go full boat with the army I am fielding without hurting me too bad with soft cap.

Going with 3 Battle Groups and 1 Sub Group with all 40 units plus my 8 SE units with a 69% Soft Cap.

Northern Battlegroup around Survar: 2 SE Tiger 2's; Eric Litzke, Green KV-85, Jagd Tiger, Oleh Dir, Pioniere, Freidrich Pein, 1 Volkssturm, 3 arty's, Green 88, 2 ME-262's, Strat Bomber, +1 Att Tac Bomber, Uber Rudel

Battlegroup around Papa: Gerhard Barkhorn, Walther Batz, +6 Att Tac Bomber, 3 arty's, 2 Volkssturm, Bruno Sutkus, Heinz Rondorf, 3 SE Tiger 2's, JagdPanther, +3 att King Tiger.

Subgroup around Zalaegerszeg: +1 Movement King Tiger, arty, Me-262, +1 Def Tac Bomber.

Southern Battlegroup around Murska Sobota: 3 arty's, +3 Att +2 Def King Tiger, 2 SE Tiger 2's, 2 Volkssturm, Movement Gerbisjager, Grenadier, BA 88.

Day 1: Sunny (69)
Sending Northern most group immediately to Budapest to relieve beleaguered garrison.
Sending Central group to Szekesfehervar and sending Southern group to Nagybajum. (This is the plan anyway.)
Destroyed 2 SU-85's, 3 SU-76's, ISU-122.
+1 Def Tac Bomber awarded 2nd hero +2 Att. 8) (94 heroes)
Day 1 ai CA:
A whole bunch of attacks especially against my aux units in Budapest and in Osijek. Lost 2 7.5cm Pak's and a few aircraft were nicked by some AA units.

Day 2 Sunny (75)
Pressuring Bodajk.
Destroyed Yak-3, 76.2mm arty, SU-76, 2 ISU-152's, 2 T-34/43's, 3 Conscript's, SU-85, 85mm AA, 122mm arty, Engineer's, and 57mm AT.
Green SE Tiger 2 (My 7th SE Tiger 2) awarded 1st hero +2 Def (95 heroes)
Bought 8 reg reps for aux Gerbisjager.
Day 2 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed aux BA-64 and 2 Hungarian Inf's.
AA hit ME-262 -2 me and they seized Budapest (35,5)

Day 3 Sunny (79)
Pressuring Nagybajom, and Tatabanya and even seized Bodajk.
Destroyed 2 La-5's, 2 SU-85's, SU-100, 2 SU-76's, 100mm AT, T-34/43, Reg Inf., SU-100, IL-2M3, Yak-7, T-34/85, and IL-4.
Bought a bunch of reg replacements for various aux units and 3 elite for my SE Tiger 2 and JagdPanther.
Day 3 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed aux T-34/41, Jagd PZ4/48, Marder 3, BA-64, and 2 SU-85's hit my Green KV-85 leaving me with 3 Str and a few other nicks.

Day 4: Sunny (83)
Pressuring Szekesfehervan and Nagybajom.
Destroyed SU-100, 3 SU-85's, REG Inf, Katyusha, T-34/85, 4 Conscript's, 2 T-34/43's, 152mm arty, 2 Reg Inf's, Yak-3, SU-76, and IL-2M3.
5th SE Tiger 2 awarded 3rd Hero +1 Initiative (96 heroes)
Bought more reg reps for various aux units.
Day 4 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed my aux BA-64, 2 Hungarian Inf unit's, Marder 3, T-34/41, and Nebelwerfer.
AA hit Gerhard Barkhorn -6 me and enemy seized Donji Miholijac and Budapest (37,7)

Day 5 Cloudy (91)

Pressuring Csakvar.
Destroyed 57mm AT, 100mm AT, IL-4, 152mm arty, SU-76, Reg Inf, 2 T-34/43's, IL-4, 37mm AA.
Eric Litzke awarded Knights Cross 800 kills.
Freidrich Pein awarded Knights Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords. 1900 Kills.
Again bought several regular reps for various units.
Day 5 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed 2 Hungarian Inf units, 2 Pz 4G's, 7.5cm AT, Flak, Jagdpz 4/48, and AA hit Gerhard Barkhorn -2 me.
Enemy seized Budapest (37,10) and (34,10) and also too Csakvar and Szekesfehervar.

Day 6 Sunny (93)
Seized airfield near Aba and airfield next to Siofolk and as such pressuring Siofolk.
Destroyed Engineer's, 2 T-34/85's, 2 57mm AT's, 2 85mm AA's, ISU-122, IS-1, 37mm AA, and SMG.
Bought a bunch more reg replacements for various units and 7 Elite Replacements for Gerhard Barkhorn.
Day 6 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed aux Flak, Hungarian Inf, JagdTiger, 10.5cm arty, and T-34/41.
Enemy also seized all of Osijek and Budapest (38,9).
I have 9 aux units left in Budapest. :shock: :oops: :cry: :evil:

Day 7 Sunny (88)
Seized Tatabanya and it's airfield as well as taking Nagybajom.
Destroyed 76.2mm arty, 122mm arty, 2 Soviet Engineer's, 2 T-34/43's, 100mm AT, Guards, 152mm arty, and SU-76.
Grenadier awarded Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves 1300 kills.
Again buying several reg reps for various units.
Day 7 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed auxiliary 75mm arty, 2 Hungarian Inf's, flak, and enemy seized almost all of the rest of Budapest.
AA hit +1 Def +2 Att Tac Bomber -6 me and T-34/43 and Reg Inf hit movement Gerbisjager -6 me.
I barely have 5 units left and see no way I will be able to achieve a Decisive victory on this one. (This is leaving me perplexed as I do not see how I could have rushed here quicker and achieve this task, I moved a large portion of my aircraft and tried to move my army over there, but was unable to do it in time. If anyone has done it I would love to hear how they achieved this monumental task?)

Day 8 Sunny (93)
Destroyed T-34/43, 3 76.2mm arty's, Reg Inf, 2 T-34/85's, and Guards.
Bought more regular reps for various units.
Day 8 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed aux Gerbisjager, 2 Hungarian Inf's, arty , 7.5cm Pak, and Flak.
All of Budapest was taken over and I had a few of my core 10.5cm artys were hit for minor damage.

Day 9 Sunny (95)
Destroyed 122mm arty, 2 SMG's, Engineers, SU-76, IS-1, Conscript, and T-34/85.
Bought a few more reg replacements and 6 elite replacements for Movement Gerbisjager as well as 5 elite for +1 def Tac Bomber.
Day 9 ai CA:
Bomber hit +3 def arty in truck -7 me aux JgdPz4/48 was destroyed along with aux Gerbisjager as well as my core Volkssturm was reduced to 1 str by Guards.

Day 10 Sunny (98)
Seized Szazhalombatta and pressuring Dorog.
Destroyed Reg Inf, T-34/43, Yak-5, Engineer's, SMG, 85mm AA, Guards, 122mm arty.
Bought some reg replacements for some Volkssturm.
Day 10 ai CA:
A few nicks and lost an aux Hungarian unit and enemy reseized airfield near Aba.

Day 11 Sunny (100)
Seized Dorog pressuring Racheve.
Destroyed 2 La-7's, Katyusha, IL-10, ISU-122, Guards, Mt. Inf, T-34/43, IL-2 Sturmovich.
Bought 5 reg reps for aux Pz 3M.
Day 11 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed aux Wespe and more nicks and hits vs aux units but otherwise I am just pushing them back everywhere, but just not fast enough to save Budapest which I am just now starting to pressure.

Day 12 Sunny (100)
Pressuring Perhata and Aba as well as retook the airfield near Aba.
Destroyed 2 76.2mm arty's, 76.2mm AT, 2 57mm AT's, T-34/85, 122mm arty, SMG, Engineer's, IL-4, and Conscripts.
Day 12 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed green arty and Volkssturm as well as aux Gerbisjager and enemy even seized Szekesfehervar.

Day 13 Sunny (100)
Seized Racheve and Perhava and Aba.
Destroyed SU-85, 2 Conscript's, Yak-3, ISU-122, T-34/85, 100mm AT.
Brought in Strat Bomber and Heinrich Bar.
Day 13 ai CA:
A whole bunch of nicks on various units but the only serious attacks were several units hitting movement Gerbisjager leaving me with 3 str.

Day 14 Sunny (98)
Pressuring Bugyi and seized Szekesfehervar, Budapest (35,5) (34,10) and Kaposvar.
Destroyed 2 SMG's, T-34/85, 2 Guard's, 76.2mm AT, and IL-2 Sturmovich.
6th SE Tiger 2 awarded Knights Cross for 800 kills and my +3 Att +2 Def King Tiger awarded +1 Def 3rd hero (97 heroes)
Day 14 ai CA:
A few nicks but nothing I cannot absorb.

Day 15 Sunny (100)
Seized Bugyi and Budapest (35,8) as well as pressuring Tamasi.
Destroyed Engineer's, 122mm arty, 76.2mm AT, 85mm AT, IL-2M3, and 100mm AT.
Day 15 ai CA:
A few minor attacks and they have even more coming out but I am too strong at this point. :twisted:

Day 16 Sunny (100)
Seized Budapest (39,6) (37,7) (38,9) and both of it's airfields as well as took Tamasi.
Destroyed 122mm arty, 2 SU-100's T-34/43, and SMG.
Bought 7 Elite Replacements for Movement Gerbisjager for assault coming at me.
Day 16 ai CA: Just a couple of minor attacks.

Day 17 Sunny (100)
Seized the rest of Budapest.
Destroyed SMG, Engineer's, 2 Mt. Inf's, SU-76, 57mm AT.
Day 17 ai CA:
AA hit +1 Att Tac Bomber -4 me.

Day 18 Cloudy (100)
Pressuring Soltvadkert.
Destroyed SU-76, 122mm arty, and 76.s mm arty.
Day 18 ai CA:
Only attack was Mt Inf hitting Bruno Sutkus -2 each.

Day 19 Sunny (100)
Pressuring Pecs
Destroyed 2 100mm AT's, 2 T-34/43's, 76.2mm arty, and 57mm AT.
Day 19 ai CA:
AA hit Walther Batz and another ME-262 both getting hit for -4 and Bruno Sutkus hit by a Mt. Inf. -3 me -5 them.

Day 20 Rainy (100)
Seized Sotvad Kest.
Destroyed 85mm AT, 2 Mt. Inf's, 76.2mm AT, 122mm arty, and 57mm AT.
Day 20 ai CA: nothing

Day 21 Sunny (100)
Seized Donji Mikodijac and it's airport.
Destroyed 2 85mm AT's, 203mm arty, IS-1, and 76.2mm AT.
Day 21 ai CA:
Arty hit Freidrich Pein -1 me and SU-100 reduced King Tiger to 2 Str. :shock: :oops: :cry: :evil:

Day 22 Cloudy (100)
Seized Sybotica and part of Oseijek as well as all of Pecs including it's airfield.
Destroyed 122mm arty, SU-100, and 57mm AT.
Day 22 ai CA:
Arty hit Pioniere -3 me and T-34/43 hit Brumbar -2 me and a few other nicks but this is almost over.

Day 23 Sunny (100)
Seized all of Siofolk. (Finally) :oops:
Destroyed 85mm AT, Conscript, 37mm AA, T-34/43, and Engineers.
Day 23 ai CA:
Nothing of any consequence.

Day 24 Sunny (100)
Destroyed T-34/43, 152mm arty, 45mm AT, Mt. Inf, 2 57mm AT's, 203mm arty, and 100mm AT.

I seized all of the rest of Osijek and Mohacs and even destroyed everything on the map but since I failed to save those 5 Hungarian units in Budapest I failed to get a Decisive Victory.
I feel I would have needed to be reckless to get the needed Decisive Victory. I feel there has to be a strategy to do it and I look forward to someone sharing what they did to acheive a Decisive Victory at this late stage of the Campaign and in this scenario.
Actually the way Milliethedog is the way to do it and I will be following his procedure step by step when and if I get there in my Manstein run as I am not sure how far I will be able to get.
I have chosen the better part of valor is surviving for the needed Decisive Victory for the last 3 battles.

Marginal Victory ending with 20143

Next time Seelow Heights starting with 21893. (97 heroes 3 more to go. I am starting to think I can do it.)
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Looking like I am taking time to give an update on what I did almost 3 full months ago. (This is before I did mission saves. :oops:)

Seelow Heights

Starting with 21893 but after replacements and overstrength 15658.
In looking at this map I am going to try for a hedgehog kind of defense of every single hill and try to put up some kind of Battlegroup together in the Center as well as the South in order to keep the way clear in and around Golzow in order to provide a path to rescue "the Package" when it arrives. At 17 rounds something tells me this is going to be fast and painful. Softcap is at 66%

Hedgehog around Letschin: Oleh Dir, JagdTiger, SE Tiger 2 and 2 arty's.
Hedgehog around Seelow Heights (17,7): Gerhard Barkhorn, Wilhelm Batz, Uber Rudel, Volkssturm, Grenadier, Movement Gerbisjager, 2 artys, and green 88.
Hedgehog around Zechin: Bruno Sutkus, 3 SE Tiger 2's, arty, and BA 88 backing it up from Seelow Heights (20,10)
Hedgehog around Golzow: 2 SE Tiger 2's, Brumbar, BA siG38t(m) and behind it to help push are my 2 +3 att +2 Def King Tigers with different 3rd heros and my 12.8AA.
Hedgehog around Seelow Heights (22,16): Pioniere, Freidrich Pein, 3 arty's, ME-262, +6 Att +2 Def Tac Bomber, and +1 Def +2 Att Tac Bomber.
Southern Battlegroup: +3 Att King Tiger, +1 Movement King Tiger, JagdPanther, Heinz Rondorf, Me-262, Strat Bomber, and +1 Att Tac Bomber.

Day 1 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed 3 aux 7.5cm pak's and Volkssturm and seized Lebus. A whole bunch of Bombers and Fighters and artys hitting various units, so it is in fact coming on strong.
Day 1 Sunny (69)
Destroyed SU-122, 2 BA-64's, 2 Conscript's, 2 SU-85's, 2 La-5's, La-7, T-34/43, Katyusha, Reg Inf.
Movement Gerbisjager awarded Knights Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords for 1900 kills.
Brought in Heinrich Bar to help me clean up this airforce and replace lost Volkssturm.

Day 2 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed Strongpoint in Golzow and a whole bunch of Bombings and arty hits with the biggest being a Bomber hitting my Spotting Arty -6 me and one of my Volkssturm brought down to 2 Str.
Day 2 Sunny (66)
Destroyed SU-122, IL-2 Sturmovich, 2 La-5's, IS-1, 3 Conscript's, Katyusha, 2 Reg Inf's, La-7, IL-2 Sturmovich, SU-85, T-34/43, and another IS-1.
Bought another 8 reg replacements for my Volkssturm.
2nd SE Tiger 2 awarded Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves, Swords, and Diamonds for 2600 kills.

Day 3 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed my aux 7.5cm AT and a whole bunch of movement in the South and nicks from their various units with the biggest being an arty and a T-34/43 hitting my Pioniere for -4 me; 2 inf units hit my Volkssturm for -7 me and they are now pressuring Folkenhagen and I have nothing to stop them. (Their Southern push is stronger than I prepared for.)
Day 3 Sunny (68)
Destroyed Pe-2, BA-64, 3 T-34/85's, Conscripts, SU-122, Reg Inf, Katyusha, Reg Inf, and T-34.43.

Day 4 ai CA:
Various attacks but nothing of great consequence as aux AT was brough down to 2 str as well as Volkssturm brought down to 3 str and they seized Falkenhagen and it's airfield.
It looks like they are going in an arch as they are coming around and up in the South. This is causing me to have to try and shift my forces to the South while at the same time set up traps around their obvious Bridge crossings that I am expecting at some point.
Day 4 Sunny (69)
Setting up choke points with JagdTiger, Oleh Dir, Movement Gerbisjager, and Grenadier at those Northern choke points, backed up with AA and arty where I can.
Destroyed 3 Conscripts, T-34/85, 3 SU-76's, SU-122, 2 Reg Inf's, and Katyusha.
Bought reg replacements for 3 units.

Day 5 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed aux 7.5cm Pak and my pillbox at Seelow Heights (22,16) and destroyed my core Volkssturm.
They are continuing to push hard in the South seizing Lietzen and airfield next to Lidendorf so they are pressuring there as well.
A mobile AA tried spanning the Oder and got ambushed by my 6th SE Tiger 2 which awarded him with his 2nd hero +1 Initiative. (98 heroes) I am going to make it.
Day 5 Sunny (71)
Reseized airfield next to Lindendorf.
Destroyed T-34/85, 2 SU-122's, Conscript, M16MGMC Mobil AA, Katyusha, Il-2 Sturmovich, T-34/85, 3 Conscripts.
Bought 4 reg reps for +1 Spot arty.

Day 6 ai CA: Enemy seized Vierlinden and Lindendorf but nothing in terms of attack.
Day 6 Sunny (70)
I am setting up shop to stop any advance in the center of Oder and starting to set up shop in the South.
Destroyed IL-2 Sturmovich, IS-1, T-34/85.

Day 7 ai CA:
Bridge units went into place and the Southern force is continuing to move forward as they seized part of Munchberg and it's airfield but still no attacks.
Day 7 Sunny (70)
General Feld Marschall Habermann recon awarded next to Golzow.
Destroyed IS-1, SU-76, Bridge Engineer, Conscript.

Day 8 ai CA:
Enemy seized last part of Munchberg and nothing.
Day 8 Sunny (72)
Destroyed SU-85, 2 Bridge Engineers, Conscript, 2 SU-76's, T-34/43.

Day 9 ai CA
Looks like they are trying to make their move but all crossings are blocked. :twisted: 8) :mrgreen:
Bombers and arty's are hitting where they can however. :oops: :cry: :evil:
Day 9 Sunny (76)
Destroyed 3 Soviet Bridge Engineers, SU-76, IL-4, SMG, Mt. Inf, Su-122.
Heinrich Bar awarded Knights Cross with Oak Leaves 1300 kills.

Day 10 ai CA:
2 Fighters reduced my Strat Bomber down to 2 Str and a bunch of other attacks with arty and planes.
I see now that I missed 1 Bridge Engineer around Lebus in the deep South. :shock: :( :roll:
Day 10 Sunny (87)
Destroyed 2 IS-2's, 2 Bridge Engineer's, Yak-3, M16GMC Mobil AA unit, Yak-9D, Yak-9U, IL-10, BA-64.

Day 11 ai CA:
Enemy bombers destroyed aux Strongpoint and a whole bunch more attacks but I am hurting them badly and going to keep going even though I could finish it by placing the recon in Section C but I will wait and do on Round 15 to earn Decisive Victory and do it within time frame.
Day 11 Sunny (100)
Took Lietzen, Vierlinden, as well as Falkenhagen and it's airfield.
Destroyed IL-4, Reg Inf., 2 Conscript's, T-34/85, 2 IL_10's, Yak-9U, Bridge Engineers, IS-2 Sturmovich, Yak-9D, SMG and Yak-3.
Bringing in Walter nowatny to help own the Skies.

Day 12 ai CA:
They have nothing left as I have whittled it all away. :D
Day 12 Sunny (95)
Seized airfield near Munchenberg.
Destroyed IL-4, Yak-9U, SMG, Bridge Engineers, IS-2 Sturmovich, T-34/85.

Day 13 ai CA:
Nothing but a minor attack against Walther Nowatny -2.
Day 13 Cloudy (98)
Seized Lebus and part of Muncheberg.
Destroyed IS-2 and T-34/85.

Day 14 ai CA
More attacks with arty and mobile AA but nothing I can't handle.
Day 14 (100)
Seized the rest of Muncheberg.
Destroyed 3 T-34/85's.

Day 15 ai CA Nothing
Day 15 Sunny (100)
Moved Recon into section C.
Destroyed 3 T-34/85's.

Day 16 ai CA:
AA hit ME-262 -6 me and T-34/85 ambushed by JagdPanther -1 me -6 them.
Day 16 Sunny: (100)
Destroyed 2 T-34/85's, KV-85, and 2 Guards.
And sweet I was awarded and SE Maus. 8) :twisted:

Decisive Victory 17750
Overall Assessment not too hard especially if you are able to block off their bridge areas which are easy to spot on the map. Once you destroy the Bridge Engineers than you can move those units to other areas as they have nothing to use to cross. It is a costly battle however as replacements were costly.
With Berlin next I will be saving this as a special game in order to replay if I get a Marginal Victory my first time through so I can play Redux and Epilogue.
It is funny the breakdown message if you are paying attention that the narrator himself appears to be General Feld Marschall Habermann himself.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Whoa!!!
Berlin looks crazy!
32 Rounds and starting with 24250.
300 per round.
This is crazy.
Where am I going to put those Battlegroups? (Well this was my thinking when I first wrote this down, but I long ago did it on I think my 2nd or 3rd try)
goose_2

Rayrard
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Rayrard »

You will get bonus prestige for Redux so you should be good to max out your army for the final battles. Epilogue isn't a battle but a victory lap.

I get DV easily on Budapest. You have to retreat the units into a tight defense in the west side of the river but they will eventually break through. Use the Jadgtiger and ATG in the trenches in the east and keep their weakened units clogging up the frontlines so they cannot rotate in full strength tanks. You have to fly your entire airforce to Budapest and smash the crap out of their artillery and the T-34-43 and 85's as this is the only way they can breach the trenches. Their infantry is weak and if your artillery is unsuppressed and full strength they can't break your defending infantry and ATG unless they rotate out units (but the AI is stupid so they keep the weak units sitting there on the frontline). The flak and airforce can clean out the Russian AF and you have an airfield to use in Budapest. The enemy will usually break through in the west and push the units across the river, but try and keep your Werfer alive as it annihilates conscripts and Guards troops alike. Usually your core spearhead is attacking the western force first so you can usually save the Hungarian units in the eastern side of Budapest.

The hard part is saving the 1943 quality southern Hungarian force, which can usually hold on the river until the Kv-85 and T34-85 shows up and smashes the weak Hungarian tanks even on the river hex. I try and keep the flak protecting the Wespe and can usually hold for a few turns until they break through. Once they break through let the powerful tanks into the city hexes and counterattack them with infantry before reinforcements can pile in and set up a bridgehead. I can retreat the Hungarian army to the south and west and hold them back until my main army is pressuring to the north and then recapture the weak garrison units left behind. I can usually save 90% of the Hungarian units from both armies and I will lose a couple tanks in the south and some infantry in the north. The Jagdtiger has never died. Heck it rarely gets under 9 strength as no one attacks it when I park it on the southern Budapest airfield.

Seelow is quite easy too once you get all lined up on the river. I find it fun to cross the river and wipe out the whole Russian army once they destroy all their IS-2's on the river hexes and bridges. Destroying all the engineers on the rivers makes them unable to do anything. Just keep the recon from being safe until the second to last turn and get the Maus on the last turn.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Ok finally time to type this battle done almost 3 months ago.

Berlin 3rd Try as the 2nd try made 1 mistake which opened the door to them busting into where the Fuhrer Bunker is and start raping my units.
I am going with the same strategy I did in my 2nd try just bolstering the defenses on the island with the Fuhrer bunker to make sure I retain ownership.

Starting with 24250 but after upgrades, overstrength, replacements, and new purchases I have 8805. :o :shock: :oops: Yikes!
Upgraded Albert Kirscher to King Tiger and upgraded +1 Att Panther and +1 def KV-1C and my 1 star T-34/40 into FlammPanzer's just in case i need help clearing up their annoying infantry.
Bought 8 Volkssturm, 2 Bridge Engineer's, 5 10.5cm arty's in trucks.
I am holding back 5 units to deploy them where I see gaps need to be filled and where I see their assault forming.
I have interspersed all 4 of my ME-262's, and my SE Wilhelm Batz, including Otto Kittel, and Gerhard Butler, also brought my +6 att +2 Def Tac Bomber, Uber Rudel, and 3 Strat Bombers.

Soft Cap is at 69% based on bringing the following:
Ground forces:
Battlegroup on airfield Island: Grenadier, 3 15cm arty's, SE Maus.

Battlegroup on Island next to the airfield: 3 green arty's, BA siG 38t(m), 3 SE Tiger 2's, Pioniere, BA 88, +3 Att +3 Def King Tiger, JagdPanther, Bridge Engineer, Heinz Rondorf.

Battlegroup on Western Part of Fuhrer Bunker's Island: Albert Kirscher, 12.8cm AA, 2 green arty's, Bridge Engineer, 2 SE Tiger 2's, Bruno Sutkus.

Battlegroup on Eastern Part of the Fuhrer Bunker's Island: Green arty, 15cm spotting arty, Brumbar, green siG 38t(m), JagdTiger, Eric Litzke, Movement King Tiger.

Final Stand by the 2 Central airfields: 2 SE Tiger 2's, Freidrich Pein, Oleh Dir, and Movement Gerbisjager.

Day 1: ai CA: A whole bunch of attacks and a ton of city objectives taken and aux units destroyed.
Day 1 (69) Sunny:
Destroyed La-5, 4 SU-76's, Yak-3, IL-4, T-34/85, Conscript, BA-64, Pe-2.
Otto Kittel awarded Knights Cross with Oak leaves for 1300 kills.
Bought 4 10.5cm arty's with trucks and brought in my +3 Att King Tiger and bolstered my defenses on the Fuhrer Bunker island.

Day 2 ai CA: Seized 24 more objectives and destroyed a bunch more aux units. (do not try to defend these units, just try to back them away as quickly as possible to help bolster your defenses of the islands that are more easily defendable.
Day 2 Sunny (52):
Awarded Eric Hartmann. :twisted: 8) :mrgreen:
Destroyed Yak-3, T-34/85, 2 T-34/43's, 2 BA-64's, Pe-2, La-5, 2 Reg Inf's, SU-85, Conscript, Katyusha.
JagdTiger awarded Iron Cross 1st Class for 400 kills.
Bought some reg reps for various units.

Day 3 ai CA: Enemy destroyed 2 aux AT's, and 2 aux Inf's, and seized 10 cities.
Day 3 Sunny: (54)
Destroyed T-34/43, Engineer's, IS-1, annother T-34/43, SMG, T-34/85, BA-64, IL-4, SU-122.
Heinz Reindorf awarded Knight's Cross with oak Leaves and Swords 1900 kills.

Day 4 ai CA: Enemy destroyed an aux inf and seized a couple more cities and took some nicks on various units, but i am holding.
Day 4 Sunny (56)
Destroyed LA-5, 4 T-34/85's, 2 BA-64's, Reg Inf, Engineer's, 3 T-34/43's, IS-1, IL-10, La-7, Conscript's.
4th SE Tiger 2 awarded Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves and Sword for 1900 kills.

Day 5 ai CA: A bunch of attacks but the Rivers are holding nicely with well placed arty.
My Movement Gerbisjager is hurting as their Engineer's got a lucky hit on them leaving me with only 4 str and 0 ammo. but I think i can save them.
Day 5 Sunny (61)
Seized Berlin (21,19)
Destroyed BA-64, 4 IS-2's, IL-2 Sturmovich, 3 Engineer's, Guards, SU-85, 2 Conscript's, IS-1, T-34/43, and another SU-85.
Bought 4 elite replacements for Movement Gerbisjager and 1 overstrength for my +2 att arty.

Day 6 ai CA:
A bunch more attacks and many more damage to various units but no losses, as well as an attack versus Albert Kirscher that helped him earn his Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords for 1900 kills.
Day 6 Sunny (65)
Destroyed 3 Conscripts, 3 reg inf's, 3 SMG unit's, SU-76, Yak-3, T-34/85, IL-4, 3 T-34/43's, Guards, Engineer's.

Day 7 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed aux inf and enemy is coming through in some areas near the Fuhrer bunker, but i am fairing far better than I have on my other playthough's. I am still getting mad seeing them inside the perimeter as they seized Berlin (25,15)
Day 7 Sunny (68)
Retook Berlin (25,15) and (18,17) I will hold this island.
Destroyed 2 Conscript's, 3 T-34/43's, IS-2, IS-1, SU-76, 2 Engineer's, 4 Reg Inf's, and SU-85.
5th SE Tiger 2 awarded Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves and Sword for 1900 kills.
Bought some varios reg reps for various units and 5 Elite for Movement Gerbisjager.

Day 8: ai CA;
Enemy hit my SE Tiger 2 in city hex but guarded by an artillery so kind of surprising as well as other attacks on various units.
Day 8 Sunny: (69)
Seized Berlin (22,10)
Destroyed 2 Engineer's, SU-122, 152mm arty, 2 Reg Inf's, Yak-7, Katyusha, 2 Conscript's.
+3 ATT _3 def King Tiger awarded Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords for 1900 kills.
Bought 1 Overstrength for +2 att arty and some reg replacements.

Day 9 ai CA:
A bunch more arty attacks.
Day 9 Sunny (70)
Destroyed IL-2 Sturmovich, 2 SU-85's, 3 Conscript's, 4 Engineer's, Reg Inf.
1st SE Tiger 2 awarded Golden Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves, Swords, and Diamonds. 3500 kills.

Day 10 ai CA:
A bunch more attacks by what is left which is mostly infantry and increasingly annoying artillery, along with some vulnerable tanks hurt in cities
Day 10 Sunny (72)
Destroyed SU-122, Yak-9U, 2 Conscript's, 4 SMG's, IL-2M3, Guards.
Bought some reg reps for various units and 1 elite replacements for +2 Att arty.

Day 11 ai CA:
Stinking arty's and other minor nicks but assault is now just waning and I am now waiting for the 2nd wave.
Day 11 Sunny (73)
Starting to go on the assault. Seized Berlin (19,5) (21,6) (22,8) (23,11)
Destroyed Engineer's, SMG, 3 Reg Inf's, Katyusha, Guards, SU-122.

Day 12 ai CA:
A lot more planes came out to damage me and some serious attacks especially in combination with those stinking artillery. The Biggest being my Grenadier reduced to 2 str as well as my JagdTiger reduced to 6 str.
Day 12 Sunny (79)
Seized Berlin (18,4) (24,8) (25,11) (23,18)
Destroyed 3 Reg Inf's, La-5, Yak-3, La-7, 152mm arty, 2 conscript's 2 SU-122's, Katyusha, Engineer's, and SMG.
Bought some reg reps for various units and 8 elite for Grenadier, I also left the Berlin Rail Station open so when they take it they will get thier butt's kicked trying to hit me. (This is a nice trick that i noticed happens whenever they take a key objective) :mrgreen: 8) :roll:

Day 13 ai CA:
Several Whithering attacks with the biggest being their guards hitting my Pioniere's for -5 each.
Day 13 Sunny (77)
Seized Berlin (16,4) (23,4) (26,7), (25,9) and (27,11) as well as retaking the Berlin Rail Station (10,7)
Destroyed IL-10, IL-4, 2 SMG unit's, 3 Conscript's, Reg Inf, Guards, Reg Inf, Engineer's.

Day 14 ai CA:
2 more bombers doing damage and a few minor attacks as I anticipate the onslaught that will be that 2nd wave. I have been trying to probe cautiously to see if I can trigger a response form the enemy as well as try and eliminate some of those annoying arty's.
Day 14 Sunny (80)
Seized Berlin (12,5) (24,20) (31,17)
Destroyed Yak-7, 2 Katyusha's, SMG unit, 152mm arty, 37mm AA, 2 Engineer's, and Reg Inf.
Green siG 38t(m) awarded Knight's Cross for 100 kills.
+3 Attack King Tiger awarded Knight's Cross for 800 kills.
Bought some reg reps for various units and 2 Elite Replacements for 5th SE Tiger 2 as well as for 7th SE Tiger 2, and 5 Elite for Pioniere.

Day 15 ai CA:
Here it comes!!! :D :D :D :o :o :o :o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry: :P

The 2nd wave has come Several attacks with a myriad of units. Biggest being Heinz Rondorf hit by some Big Dog Tanks leaving me with 5 str.
I hope I am ready for this as I am saving at this point and may need to try a different strategy as i think I will try to hold some of my ground but retreat in other areas. (I did not need to reload, thank goodness.)
Day 15 Sunny (82)
Seized Berlin (30,11) (12,3) (24,24) (30,15) and seized airport (13,1)
Destroyed SU-85, 2 122mm arty's, Katyusha, Guards, SU-100, Ba-64, 152mm arty, and SMG unit.
Bought 4 elite for Albert Kirscher and JagdTiger.

Day 16 ai CA: Enemy destroyed aux AT, and green arty, and they retook Berlin (23,4) as well as berlin Rail Station (10,7)
Day 16 Sunny (88)
Destroyed 2 SU-100's, ISU-152, T-34/43, 2 SMG unit's.
Gerhard Barkhorn awarded 2nd Hero +3 att (99 Heroes)
Bought some reg reps for various units and 2 Elite for +2 Att arty.

Day 17 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed an aux inf and are inside my island next to my airfield with a bunch more attacks but no more losses just a ton of push and pain as they seized Berlin (20,11) and (30,13)
Day 17 Sunny (94)
Seized Berlin (22,24) and Berlin Rail Station (19,22)
Destroyed 4 T-34/85's, 3 Guards, 3 KV-85's, BA-64, 37mm AA.
Retreating in the Center.
Bought reg reps for various units and 1 elite for +3 Att King Tiger, 2 Elite for Brumbar, 4 Elite for Eric Litzke, 6 Elite for Heinz Rondorf, 3 elite for Movement Gerbisjager as well as 2 elite for Bruno Sutkus.

Day 18 ai CA: Enemy seized Berlin (25,11) (25,9) (21,6) and is wreaking destruction and pressing everywhere as they destroyed my +2 att arty that I have been trying to Salvage because it got to it after it destroyed the aux AT that was guarding it. :oops: (98 heroes)
I am confident that i am going to win this unless they have a 3rd wave, but my goodness this is tough as they also seizede Berlin (25,9) (21,6) and (25,11)
Day 18 Sunny (91)
Took Berlin (25,11) (32,11) (30,11) (8,4)
Destroyed T-34/85, 3 Katyusha's, Reg Inf, 2 KV-85's, 2 ISU-122's, La-7, La-5, IS-2, T-34/43, SU-100, and IL-2 Sturmovich.
Bought reg reps for various units. 2 Elite for Pioniere and brought out 2 more Volkssturm to fill in some gaps.

Day 19 ai CA: Enemy destroyed Bridge Engineer, aux inf, and core Volkssturm, but nothing new seized.
Day 19 Sunny (95)
Seized Airfield (34,13)
Destroyed KV-85, Katyusha, 3 SMG unit's, IS-2, 85mm AA, Reg Inf, 2 Guards, 152mm arty, IL-4.
Bought some reg reps for various units as well as 5 elite for Bruno Sutkus, Freidrich Pein, 5th SE Tiger 2, and Somua King Tiger, as well as 2 elite for Albert Kirscher.

Day 20 ai CA:
Green arty destroyed and like 6 or 7 more cities seized but their numbers are dwindling again.
Day 20 Sunny (90)
Reseized Berlin Rail Station (19,22) (10,7) (35,18) as well as airfield in (36,12)
Destroyed 4 Reg Inf's 2 SMG's, 2 Conscript's, Yak-3, ISU-152, Engineer's, KV-85.
Heinz Rondorf awarded +3 att hero (99 heroes) bought reg reps for various units.

Day 21 ai CA:
A few whithering attacks but this map is all but mine now unless there is a 3rd wave then I might have to cry.
Day 21 Sunny (90)
Reseized Berlin (28,10) (30,9) (18,7) (28,22) (32,15) (34,17) (25,9) (20,24)
Destroyed 2 Guards, T-34/85, Katyusha, Guards, ISU-152, ISU-122, SMG unit.
Really starting to take ground as almost everything is gone, but not yet.

Day 22 ai CA: Enemy destroyed aux AT and minor attacks.
Day 22 Sunny (91)
Took all 3 airfields in the far East, as well as Berlin (26,24) (34,22) (16,23) (5,10) (7,7) (30,13) (18,20)
Destroyed ISU-152, T-34/85, 2 Guards, and SMG unit.

Day 23 - Day 30 ai CA: Only a few minor attacks and one last hurrah for a few planes in Day 24 but they are out of steam and i bleed out the rest of the 32 rounds taking over the rest of the ground and destroying the remains of the rest of their withering army. to maximize prestige and Hopefully to get that elusive 100th hero. I did it on my 1st try but very soon after wards lost more units than was acceptable.

So all that remains is Berlin Redux and Epilogue.

Starting Berlin Redux with 28551.

Final assessment of Berlin.
This is an extremely difficult battle and one where you cannot make even 1 mistake a very worthy end to a great game.
Now onto Berlin Redux which looks like another nail biter of a mission. I am relaxing for a while after that insane ball buster. :oops: :mrgreen:

Not sure exactly when I will return to this because it seems so long ago since I have played it and I am more excited about my other playthrough's.

Is there interest in seeing me complete this?
goose_2

Return to “Panzer Corps : AAR's”