Hylan valley multiplayer AAR

Battle Reports & After Action Reports (AAR's)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Naxor
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Hylan valley multiplayer AAR

Post by Naxor »

Here is another multiplayer AAR against random opponent. Sorry my english is horrible but hope you understand most of it. :) I show one good strategy which maximizes your core force effectiveness. Particulary in this map it is important to make right decision whether to go for air superiority or strong ground force.

Core slots:
Germans: 29
British: 30

Initial plan:

German side have superior armor so It is better not to buy too many armouder units from the beginning. 43 british infantry nad 17pdr guns are good inexpensive choices. Comets are needed to secure middle part of the map. Churchills are good choices in south where I focus on strong defence.

If enemy have at least one me262 jet fighter I will disband all my air units. It takes 2-3 meteors to kill one me262. It is not worth it. It is better to let him keep air superiority and spend my own core slots more wisely.

Important objectives: Sirusia, Redrum city, Hylan town near south border. Capturing Sirusia and Redrum city is enough for victory. Take defensive positions along Monilb river.

Turn 2:

Turn 4: One important notice: Enemy have 2 AA units which means -2 core slots. It is better to not destroy them. I managed to capture Sirusia and Redrum city.
Turn 6: He have 5(!) air units. Which means -5 core slots. My 30 ground units against his 22. Remember he still have 2 AA units. After this turn it is clear he doesn't have enough ground units to win this game. I just have to avoid destroying his air or AA units to keep this advantage.
Turn 6: Airborne attack took me by surprise. His south front is leaking.
Turn 9: Another airborne attack. He also launched counterattack in south. I had to pull back and take defensive positions.
Turn 15: My little covert mission was succesful. Thanks to bad weather I managed to capture Taric.
Turn 24: After capture I had to wait 2 turns and then started to mass produce Churchills.
Turn 26: Germans surrender.

And finally replay file for more details. http://www.mediafire.com/download/1cwj4 ... n+26.pzrpl

Return to “Panzer Corps : AAR's”