AAR for Moscow 43

Battle Reports & After Action Reports (AAR's)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

adrianoku
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

AAR for Moscow 43

Post by adrianoku »

Moscow 43 AAR

I will try to explain my plan mostly with figures, hope it will be clear !
Some numbers to start:
I started this operation with 8646 prestige points, after converting all my tanks to TIGER I overstrenghted all my units and refurbished my Luftflotte I remained 3146 pp.
In particular I’ll count on six tanks TIGER I ( two are SE ), a luftflotte which is the state of the art of aviation, with 3 FW190A, 1BF109G, 2 tactical and 2 level bombers.
At a first glance of the map it appears great, many plains, initially with few repairs for infantry, I don’t know which is the strength of the enemy, in Stalingrad I suffered from the high quantity of enemy tanks, but now I have tigers and it should be easier …
I decided to be cautious in my advancing, and let recon unit and aviation spotting every possible “surprise”, so this is the general plan:

It’s 15th October 1943 and I fear that ground condition could became muddy and it could be hard to advance, but now it’s sunny let’s go…
Horseman
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by Horseman »

Good luck! Hope you have better weather than I had in Moscow 41!
Ranta
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Ranta »

If you are unlucky, your tiger won't move at all in mudd :D

I dont think you will have any problems with resistance, but huge with movement speed. I think they will slow your whole army.

I'm looking forward to the outcome. good luck.
adrianoku

Post by adrianoku »

24 October 1943

This is the situation at the beginning of 4th turn, ‘till now good weather and terrain, but today’s snowing and forecast for next days is rainy and muddy …
However, to the east Tula is almost mine, in the center front I see enemy tanks fleeing away, and the remaining are swept out from my Tigers. Also Kaluga is falling. Near Belij I’ll make a stop to upgrade my Nblwf 42 and AT gun with some trucks. In the north I continue advancing without bad encounters.

It’s vital that my Fallschirmjager will occupy the Kalinin airport, which will became my primary base for my planes in the north.
adrianoku

Post by adrianoku »

2 november 1943

Only few turns o f mud, I’m lucky I guess!

Kerensky
Content Designer
Content Designer

Post by Kerensky »

I find the combination of atrocious weather and required traveling distance of Moscow 41 to be pretty much insurmountable. That's not that bad though, because if you really wanted Moscow early, you would pick Rush To Moscow.

Moscow 43 has more snow and less rain than Moscow 41, which hurts combat effectiveness but not as badly, but the most important difference is the distance required to travel in Moscow 43 is significantly shorter than Moscow 41.
adrianoku

Post by adrianoku »

Kerensky wrote:I find the combination of atrocious weather and required traveling distance of Moscow 41 to be pretty much insurmountable. That's not that bad though, because if you really wanted Moscow early, you would pick Rush To Moscow.

Moscow 43 has more snow and less rain than Moscow 41, which hurts combat effectiveness but not as badly, but the most important difference is the distance required to travel in Moscow 43 is significantly shorter than Moscow 41.
Yes, finally the distance in 43 is shorter, but also the enemy resistance is far away from the opposition i found in 41. Wheather in both operations was good for me, early snow and icy terrain in 41 which let me cross every river easily, and only cloudy with few day of muddy terrain in 43. The only fear I had during this scenario was to be surprised by tons of enemy tanks crushing my infantry, these great plains don't offer any repair to my granadiers! But , as I write in my diary, the enemy is mostly on defensive attitude, retreating ... so I was crushing their tanks with mine! good good good :P
adrianoku

Post by adrianoku »

... again 2 November 1943

PS OFF TOPIC: Is there a way to post images? I'm using imageshack but it's not so immediate... When I post messages I don't have any button to insert an image... :roll:
adrianoku

Post by adrianoku »

11 November 1943

Ahhh, gods are favourable! Wheather it’s been perfect for my operations! No mud at all!
My advance towards Kolomna was fast and … fourious! I’ve crossed the Moskva river easily and if there will not be any surprise from north I’ll crush everything with my Tigers, stopped only by lack of fuel! My main attack to Moscow will be from here, the rear !

The only objective besides Moscow is Volokolamsk! And I say “unleash hell” to my troops and so they will do!

adrianoku

Post by adrianoku »

17 November 1943

“This is the end … my old friend…” After some movie and music citations (from future I belive, sometimes I have some visions… :shock: ) I’m walking through the streets of Moscow while every monument to Stalin has been destroyed!
In the end…. It’s not been a difficult battle, I had air and ground supremacy from the start, and the enemy had no will of combat at all! My Tiger are great tanks, I would have them during Stalingrado operation!
Now I finished with 7256 prestige points on turn 12, decisive victory, for next scenario I’ll have 16756 pp. good good good … I like New York skylines….

monkspider
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by monkspider »

Good AAR, I hadn't considered using the southern wing as the main force of attack but in hindsight it does seem quite logical. I will have to try this myself on my upcoming Moscow '43 campaign, thanks!
adrianoku

Post by adrianoku »

Thank you for reading my adventure!
Probably I've been lucky, but if wheather is good the path is almost clear, and also Moscow 43 is not defended as Moscow 41! Also with paratroops near Kalinin I received good satisfaction.
Elkarlo
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: AAR for Moscow 43

Post by Elkarlo »

Is this path still open? Can you still get a Moscow 43 in PC? Seems that the path isn't open anymore according to the charts

Return to “Panzer Corps : AAR's”