Grand Campaign East 39-45 Manstein level

Battle Reports & After Action Reports (AAR's)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Re: Grand Campaign East 39-45 Manstein level

Post by goose_2 »

Sedan Manstein 1st Time :mrgreen:
This was a crazy battle that I did a lot of planning and watching Night Pheonix and Ulvergaming’s run through’s at least the first few days to know what to expect and thoughts on what to bring. My results were very different, but something that I was willing to keep, basically because it feels cool to do an acceptable run through on first go and I got a couple of sweet heroes, I wanted to keep. :twisted:

Starting prestige 10596 after replacements, some Overstrengthening, and New Purchases 8099.
Bought 2 Fallschimjager’s, 2 Pioniere’s with trucks, 1 Panzerjager.

In air I am taking 4 Fallschimjager’s, 3 Fighter’s including my +2 Defensive fighter, 3 Bf-110 D’s including Helmut Lent and my +3 defensive plane.
To go for the first 3 open Northern Ferry Doc’s SE Pz3F, SE Gerbisjager, Sturmpaner, and 10.5cm Arty.
To go South to seize all of those 2ndary Objectives and acquire Somua at Margut: 2 10.5cm arty’s, 2 Sturmpanzer’s, Albert Kerscher, Pz4D, Pz3F with +2 Att Hero, Pioniere, 88 with +3 Att hero, and Oleh Dir.

I plan on flying my group of 4 Fallschimjager’s over to seize the weakly held Poix-Terron, Felize, and airfield near Chehery, and then use that airfield and the subsequent air force it can supply to mass my units to overwhelm Chehery. My Northern Force will simply seize Northern Ferry Ports and then rush down South to help in assault on Sedan and the Southern Force will overwhelm the French and capture Margut for that free unit.
That is the plan any way, let’s see how I do:

Battle Report:
Day 1: Sunny
Seized 2 of the 3 Northern Ports.
Destroyed MS.406 fighter.
Day 1 and 2 ai CA: Nothing

Day 2: Rainy
Seized last Northern Port and airfield near Messincourt so pressuring Messincourt.
Destroyed Cavalry and 25MM AA.

Day 3: Sunny
Seized Filze and airfield near Chehery and Messincourt, and pressuring Poix-Terron and Gaulier.
Destroyed M.S.406 Fighter, Potez, French Inf, and 25mm AA.
Day 3 ai CA:
25mm AT hit Fallschimjager -1 each.

Day 4: Sunny
Seized Poix-Terran, Gaulier, and 1 Southern Port.
Destroyed 2 25MM AT’s, French Inf, and Leo Strat Bomber.
Awarded Heinrich Bar and my 21st Bf-110D awarded +3 Att Hero. 8) :twisted: :mrgreen:
Day 4 ai CA:
AA hit Fighter -3 me and Panhard and Hotchkiss hit Oleh Dir and trapped them -4 me with one ammo. :oops: :shock: :evil:

Day 5: Sunny
Destroyed Panhard, 25MM AT, and Strongpoint. (I was able to escape Oleh Dir.) :mrgreen:
Bought 2 Reg Replacements for Fallschimjager.
Day 5 ai CA: (Rough Round)
Bomber hit Sturmpanzer -9 me; arty and Strongpoint hit SE Pz3H guarded by Sturmpanzer leaving me with 2 Str. :evil: :shock: :cry: arty and French Inf hit Pioniere -4 me; I watched the French Army racing towards Chehery which will require me to abandon the airfield near Chehery and completely give up the idea that I can seize Chehery. (My goal now is to use the river to keep them across and keep a hold of Poix-Terron)

Day6: Sunny
Destroyed Potez, Cavalry, and Engineer.
Bought 6 reg reps for Sturmpanzer and 4 for Pioniere and 8 for SE Pz3F.
Day 6 ai CA:
Enemy seized airfield near Chechery, Hotchkiss went on River to hit Fallschimjager -2 each; Hotchkiss hit arty -6 me.

Day 7: Sunny
Seized 2nd South Dock and pressuring Carnigan.
Destroyed Hotchkiss on river with Helmut Lent for which he was awarded an Iron Cross 2nd Class and my Fallschimjagers ( That felt Good). Destroyed another Hotchkiss, Cavalry, and 75mm arty.
Bought 4 Reg Reps for Oleh Dir
Day 7 ai CA:
Oh Nuts!!! :shock: :evil: :cry: :oops:
The enemy has bridged the river and have seized Poix-Terron and destroyed 1 of my Fallschimjager. (I do not think I will be surviving across the river, because what they have sent is unstoppable, at least on Manstein level.)

Day 8: Sunny
Seized Carnigan and last Southern Port, also pressuring Margut.
Destroyed Hotchkiss and French Inf.
Bought 1 Reg Replacement for 2 of my Fallschimjager’s.
Day 8 ai CA:
The destroyed 2 more Fallschimjager’s and the only one remaining is my 6 Strength guy holding Flize.

Day 9: Sunny
Seized Margut.
Destroyed 75mm arty and French Inf..
Brought out another arty and Panzerjager and bought 1 more rep for Beleaguered Fallschimjager
Day 9 ai CA:
Enemy reduced my last Fallschimjager down to 2 Str.

Day 10: Sunny
Destroyed French Inf.
Bought 1 reg rep for SE Gerbisjager.
Day 10 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed last Fallschimjager and seized Flize.

Day 11: Sunny
Pressuring Raucourt-et-Flaba.
Destroyed 47MM AT.
Awarded Somua for capturing Margut.
Day 11 ai CA: Nothing

Day 12: Sunny
Albert Kerscher awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.
Day 12 ai CA:
2 arty’s hit Pz4D -2 me and a weakened arty hit my arty on the river -3 me. :evil:

Day 13: Sunny
Seized Sedan.
Destroyed 25MM AA and 155mm arty.
Day 13 ai CA:
Arty hit Pioniere -1 me; arty hit arty -1 me; Pz4D reduced to 1 Str by Strongpoint. :shock: :evil: :oops:

Day 14: Sunny
Seized rest of Sedan.
Destroyed Strongpoint and 105MM arty, retreated that 1 str Pz4D to be refitted for free before the next battle.
Day 14 ai CA:
Arty hit Pioniere -1 me and Panhard unexpectedly seized Northern Port.

Day 15: Sunny
Seized Last Ferry Dock.
Destroyed 75MM arty and Engineer.
Day 15 ai CA:
Panhard swung around and was surprised by my gaggle of Artillery which stopped him cold. :twisted:

Day 16: Sunny
Destroyed Panhard.
Day 16 – 18 ai CA: Nothing.

Day 17: Cloudy
Destroyed Somua and French Inf.
Day 18: Sunny
Seized Raucourt-et-Flaba and Wadelincourt.
Destroyed Chasseurs and 25MM AA.
12th Sturmpanzer awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class and my 33rd Sturmpanzer awarded a +1 Movement Hero.

+1 Movement hero is great on artillery, but I would have preferred it on one of my Towed units. Should I upgrade it to a towed Nebelwerfer in 1941 or wait until I can upgrade it to the in family sIG33 which comes much later, because having that extra movement on that slow moving sIG is pretty awesome?
Thoughts?

Finished with a Marginal Victory with 9378 in prestige.
I did not like losing my entire Fallschimjager Brigade consisting of 4 Battalions, but at the same time finishing in the first go felt pretty good. My thoughts are those units were able to distract the French army so I could pull off my Southern Assault across the Meuse, that otherwise would have gotten bogged down at the riverside with all of those overstrengthened tanks they were fielding, so in that sense the Fallschimjager did their job. It was just a costly job, which I probably will not repeat in furture missions, but nice to know that it is an option for players to consider.

My overall thoughts on playing Manstein level is that it is definitely not for the weak hearted, but I enjoy the challenge as well as gives the whole battle somewhat of a real feel as the real life enemy units did the Germans serious harm in these historical battles, so to compare the 2 Guderian is definitely easier, but it seems unrealistic, whereas Manstein has a real punch to it that makes it seem more like a real struggle and helps increase the immersive feel for me.

I am going the British route on Manstein and following more or less Night Pheonix’s strategy and slow steady movement because it allowed him to get Decisive Victory’s and steadily push forward with his units, not sure I can match it on Manstein, but I will try.
Next time Maubege with 10978 to play with.
Aw Man! They awarded me another SE Gerbisjager which I will immediately sell off.
I NEED TANKS!!!! :(

Until then…Stay Lutheran My Friends. ;)
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
TSPC37730
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by TSPC37730 »

goose_2 wrote:+1 Movement hero is great on artillery, but I would have preferred it on one of my Towed units. Should I upgrade it to a towed Nebelwerfer in 1941 or wait until I can upgrade it to the in family sIG33 which comes much later, because having that extra movement on that slow moving sIG is pretty awesome?
Thoughts?
I think you should convert your +1 movement sIG33 to a sFH18. It's got the same punch, but, critically, it has more ammo. Artillery is your best equalizer in this campaign. You need to take as many free shots - either offensively or defensively - as you can. With the sFH18, you'll have to resupply your ammo about half as often. Further, with the sIG33, if you wind up down to 0 or 1 you could be forced to resupply in bad weather just due to bad timing & bad luck. So, instead of getting 4 ammo, you'd end up with only 2. That's extremely disappointing. Worse still, the AI loves attacking units with zero ammo, and your unit could wind up in a difficult situation if you run dry.

While the sFH18 doesn't have the mobility of the sIG33, the +1 movement certainly helps. Given that you'll have to advance cautiously - or pay a heavy penalty - you may find that the sFH18 keeps up a little better than you might have anticipated.

Let me know what you decide & good luck!
hurly
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by hurly »

Replay for Sedan 1st try

??? will there be a 2nd try ?

or does it just mean

I did it on my first attempt
Attachments
(12.03.2017) Sedan, Turn 18.zip
(69.54 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

hurly wrote:Replay for Sedan 1st try

??? will there be a 2nd try ?

or does it just mean

I did it on my first attempt
Yes, it means I did it on my first attempt.
As I did with this one. ;)

Manstein Maubege 1st Time 8) :twisted:
10978 starting prestige but after replacements and some Overstrengthening 10563
Sold the SE Gerbisjager I was just awarded as I am trying to get that 2nd tank. :? I am bringing mostly greenish units without heroes, wee at least this first time I was thinking, but it was enough. ;)
In North brought: 2 10.5cm arty's, 1 Sturmpanzer, Pioniere, SE Gerbisjager, 88, Panzerjager, Pz4d, Gerbisjager.
The South brought Somua, +2 Att Pz3F, SE Pz3F, Pioniere, 2 10.5 arty's, Sturmpanzer, Reg Inf with truck, Gerbisjager, Albert Kerscher.
In the air brought 4 Fighters and 2 JU-87B's.

Day 1 Sunny
Pressuring Binche.
Destroyed 25mm AT, Cruiser Mk4, Belgian Inf.
Day 1 ai CA:
Cruiser and Matilda 1 hit Green Pioniere -7 me; D.520 hit Green Fighter -5 me -2 them; and Reg Inf hit SE Pz3F -1 me -2 them.

Day 2 Sunny
Seized Binche and Maubege.
Destroyed D.520, Matilda 1, 75mm arty, Chasseurs.
+1 Spotting hero awarded to 40th Gerbisjager.
30th Bf109E awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 2 ai CA:
Nothing. 8)

Day 3 Sunny
Destroyed 2 British Inf's.
Bought 7 reg reps for Pioniere, 5 for Bf 109E, and 2 for Spotting Gerbisjager.
Day 3 ai CA:
Panhard was ambushed by my Panzerjager guarded by Sturmpanzer -8 them :twisted:.

Day 4 Sunny
Seized airfield near Binche.
Destroyed Light Cavalry, Panhard, 25mm AA.
42nd Pz4D awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class. SE Gerbisjager awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.
Day 4 ai CA:
Cavalry hit Panzerjager -3 them -2 me.

Day 5 Sunny
Seized LaLouviere
Destroyed Cruiser Mk1, 2 Light Cavalry units, and Regular Infantry.
Bought 1 reg rep for Albert Kerscher and +2 ATT Pz3F and also 2 reg reps for PanzerJager
Day 5 ai CA:
Whitley caught in Fighter Trap -5 them and HW Inf hit Reg Inf -6 each.

Day 6 Sunny
Pressuring Mons.
Destroyed Whitley, HW Inf.
Bought 6 reg reps for Reg Inf and 1 reg rep for SE Pz3F and Pioniere.
Day 6 ai CA:
Reg Inf hit Somua -1 each.

Day 7 Sunny
Destroyed Regular Inf and Belgian Inf.
Seized Bavany, Mons, Beloeil, and nearby airfield.
Day 7 ai CA:
Dingo hit Gerbisjager -3 them.

Day 8 Sunny
Seized Enghien and Valenciennes as well as pressuring Soignes and Solesmes.
Destroyed British Inf and Dingo.
Bought 1 reg reps for SE Gerbisjager and Somua.
3 Star Piaggio awarded Silver Medal for Military Valour.
Day 8 ai CA:
British inf hit inf in Valenciennes -2 me -6 them.

Day 9 Sunny
Destroyed British Inf.
Bought 2 reg reps for +2 Att Pz3F.
Day 9 ai CA:
Hurricane hit 88 in a truck -1 me; Matilda 1 hit SE Pz3F -3 me -4 them; Blenheim hit Sturmpanzer -6 me; Cruiser Mk 4's hit Pioniere -6 me.

Day 10 Sunny
Pressuring Saint-Amand-les-Eaux.
Bought 2 reg reps for Sturmpanzer.
Day 10 ai CA:
Cruiser Mk4 hit Pz4D -5 me -3 them.

Day 11 Sunny
Pressuring Celles and seized Soignies.
Destroyed Belgian Inf and 2 Pounder.
Bought 5 reg reps for SE Pz3F, 8 reg reps for Pioniere, 1 reg rep for reg inf.
Day 11 ai CA:
Nothing.

Day 12 Sunny
Seized Saint-Amand-les-Eaux.
3rd 10.5cm arty and 36th 88 awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Destroyed 2 Cruiser Mk4's and Matilda 1.
Day 12 ai CA:
Bomber nicked arty; Cruiser Mk4 nicked SE Gerbisjager, and arty nicked +2 Att Pz3f. (At least they were just nicks. :oops:

Day 13 Cloudy
Seized Solesmes and pressuring Denain.
Destroyed Hurricane and Matilda 1.
Bought 2 reg reps for SE Gerbisjager, 1 reg rep for reg inf, and 3 reg reps for +2 ATT Pz3F.
Day 13 ai CA:
Nothing

Day 14 Sunny
Pressuring Tournail and Cambrai.
Destroyed French Inf.
Day 14 ai CA:
Engineers hit Pioniere -4 me -2 them.

Day 15 Cloudy
Seized airfield next to Denain.
Destroyed 47mm AT, 40mm Bofors, and Blenheim.
35th Gerbisjager awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 15 ai CA:
Some unit, I cannot read my writing, :oops: hit SE Pz3F -4 me -2 them and arty nicked my arty -1 me.

Day 16 Sunny
Seized Denain.
Destroyed 75mm arty and 2 Pounder.
Day 16 ai CA:
Bomber hit Sturmpanzer covered by an 88 -1 me -6 them; arty and Engineer hit Reg Inf -5 me; HW Inf hit Gerbisjager -2 me -1 them.

Day 17 Sunny
Seized Cambrai.
Destroyed Blenheim.
Day 17 ai CA:
Engineers hit Gerbisjager -3 them -2 me.

Day 18 Sunny
Seized Tournai.
Destroyed Cruiser Mk 4 and Engineers.

Marginal Victory finishing with 11332 in prestige.

Next is Arras with 12082 which I finished this weekend.
I hope to type up sometime this week.
Arras was very tough and I had to tweak what I started out with quite a bit before I found an effective Combo, even then it was difficult.
I was awarded a 2d SE Pz3F, which means we will have to bid fond farewell to my +3 Att SE Gerbisjager.
Sorry, I need tanks.
Until next time...Stay Lutheran My Friends.
goose_2

wargovichr
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by wargovichr »

I wish you guys would use screen captures (so easy) or videos (better).
Talking about strategy and tactics, good, all the nitty-gritty details, bad. I don't read them.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

wargovichr wrote:I wish you guys would use screen captures (so easy) or videos (better).
Talking about strategy and tactics, good, all the nitty-gritty details, bad. I don't read them.
That is why my buddy hurly is posting the replays. Are you unable to access?
goose_2

AMDonline
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by AMDonline »

just saw your 'Warsaw north' replay, the number of '15' units was staggering
and there was actually a '17' unit! an artillery IIRC
couldn't watch the whole mission the scene was terrifying
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

AMDonline wrote:just saw your 'Warsaw north' replay, the number of '15' units was staggering
and there was actually a '17' unit! an artillery IIRC
couldn't watch the whole mission the scene was terrifying
It is pretty daunting to work through, but oh so rewarding when one succeeds. 8)

Manstein Arras 4th Time :oops:
This battle was tough and I said I would not reload battles and losses, but I will admit I did that once on this one because I was very upset to see their Matilda 2 hit my +2 Att Pz3F which was guarded by a Sturmpanzer. This upset me so much I reloaded, I know it was not what I said, but I have fully disclosed and am moving forward. :oops:

I was awarded with 2nd SE Pz3F. (About time.) :roll:
I sold my +3 Def Gerbisjager to make room for the much needed tanks needed, but I did consider keeping as this battle was tough and I really liked the idea of keeping a hugely defensive Infantry unit, but…tanks! Need Tanks!

After 3 brutal playthrough’s none of them finished, I think I have come up with a strategy that will help me seize territory and prevent being overwhelmed by their forces. I need to rush forward in with Northern Force and seize and hole up in Perenchies. My Southern Force is going to move forward and hold around Moeuvres at least through the first wave of attacks. In the Center slowly push to maybe take Carvin, then maybe help out one of my other beleaguered forces.

In order to do this I brought the following:
In the air: 4 Fighter’s, 2 JU-87B’s, Helmut Lent, and +3 Att Bf110D.
Around Lille: 10.5cm arty, Sturmpanzer, 88, Pioniere, and 1st SE Pz3F.
Gerbisjager around Orchies.
Around Doual: Pz4D, Panzerjager, Pioniere, 10.5cm arty, +1 Movement Sturmpanzer.
Near Cambrai: Polish arty, Sturmpanzer, Reg Inf, Somua, 2nd SE Pz3F, and +2 Att Pz3F.

Starting prestige 12082 after replacements and a little Overstrengthening 11601

Battle Report:
Pressuring Aubu.
Destroyed 2 Somua’s and Renault R35.
Day 1 ai CA:
Nothing

Day 2: Cloudy
Seized Aubu, and pressuring Perenchies and Moeuvres.
Destroyed MS.406, French Inf, 47mm AT, and 75mm arty.
Day 2 ai CA:
Arty hit Pz4D -1 me; Matilda 1 hit Pioniere guarded by Sturmpanzer -4 them -1 me.

Seized Moeuvres and Perencies.
Destroyed M.S.406, Blenheim, Somua, 75mm arty, and 25mm AT.
10.5cm arty awarded +1 Def hero. :?
Bought 1 Regular Replacement for Pioniere.
Day 3 ai CA:
Matilda 1 hit Somua -2 each; Regular inf hit Pioniere -8 them -4 me.

Destroyed Whitley, Renault R35, Matilda 1, and Reg Inf.
Bought 1 reg rep for Regular Infantry and 5 reg reps for Pioniere.
Day 4 ai CA:
Huge Force moving to Perenchies, but not attacking. Renault hit Aux AT -4 them -3 me.

Destroyed Cruiser Mk4, Renault R35, Matilda 1, 25MM AT.
Bought 1 reg rep for Pz4D and 2 reg reps for Somua.
Day 5 ai CA:
Nothing

Day6: Cloudy
Destroyed Dingo and 47MM AT.
Bought 1 reg rep for aux AT.
Day 6 ai CA:
Dingo ambushed by 88 -9 them.

Destroyed Dingo, Cruiser Mk1, Cruiser Mk4, French Inf.
Bought 3 Reg Reps for aux AT.
20th JU-87B awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 7 ai CA:
Cruiser tried hitting Pz3F guarded by 2 arty’s -4 them.

Day 8: Cloudy
Pressuring Carvin.
Destroyed British Inf.
Bought 2 Reg Replacement for aux Inf, 1 Reg Rep for Pz3L, and 2 Eliter replacements for Matilda 2.
Day 8 ai CA:
Reg Inf hit aux Gerbisjager -2 each; Matilda 2 hit Pz4D guarded by 2 artys -5 them -3 me; British Inf tried attacking aux AT guarded by Sturmpanzer -3 them.

Destroyed British Inf and Cruiser Mk4.
Bought 1 reg rep for Pz3F +2 Att hero.
Day 9 ai CA:
Blenheim tried to hit Pioniere guarded by 88 -9 them :twisted: ; Matilda 2 tried hitting aux AT guarded by Sturmpanzer -2 them -1 me.

Destroyed Hurricane, M.S.406, British Inf, and Matilda 2.
47th BF109E awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Bought reg reps 4 for aux Gerbisjager, 3 for Pz4D, and 1 for aux AT.
Day 10 ai CA:
Blenheim ran into Fighter and was shot down, Matilda 2 hit +2 Att Pz3F guarded by Sturmpanzer -2 each; and Cruiser Mk1 hit aux AT -1 me -5 them. (This was the one I reloaded as initially +2 Att Pz3F was destroyed, I will try not to do that again.) :oops:

Seized Carvin.
Destroyed 2 Cruiser Mk1’s, Matilda 2, and British Inf.
Bought 2 reg reps for Pz3F and 1 for aux AT.
Day 11 ai CA:
Dingo ambushed Gerbisjager in Carvin -4 them -3 me which awarded me with a +1 Initiative Hero.

Destroyed Cruiser Mk1, and 2 British Inf’s.
Bought Reg reps for the following: 2 for +1 Initiative Gerbisjager, 3 for Pioniere, 1 for Panzerjager.
1st SE Pz3F awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 12 ai CA:
Nothing

Day 13: Cloudy
Destroyed Dingo.
Day 13 ai CA:
Cruiser Mk 4 hit Pz4D -7 me -4 them; HW inf hit Pioniere in Carvin leaving me with 2 Str left.

Retreated from Carvin, yet seized Ervillers.
Destroyed French Inf.
Bought 2 Regular Reps for +1 Initiative Gerbisjager.
Day 14 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed aux Gerbisjager; +1 Initiative Gerbisjager was reduced to 5 Str by British Inf; 25MM AT hit aux AT guarded by arty -2 them; and they reseized Carvin.

Seized Lambres-Lez-Donat.
Destroyed Cruiser Mk4, 25MM AT, and Matilda 2.
Bought 2 reg reps for Regular Inf, 7 reg reps for Pz4D, and 8 reg reps for Pioniere.
Day 15 ai CA:
General Edmund in Matilda 2 hit 2nd SE Pz3F -5 me; Cruiser Mk4 hit Aux Recon -3 each.

Destroyed Cruiser Mk4 and Cruiser Mk1.
Day 16 ai CA:
General Edmund in Matilda 2 hit Somua -1 them -3 me; other attacks on my my units but were mostly unsuccessful because artillery :roll:.

Day 17: Sunny
Destroyed Cruiser Mk1 and another Cruiser Mk1. :P
Bought 5 reg reps for SE Pz3F; 8 reps for aux AT; and 5 Reg Reps for +1 Initiative Gerbisjager.
Day 17 ai CA:
Nothing but movement.

Destroyed Matilda 1, General Harold in the North, and British Inf.
Bought 3 reg reps for Somua.
Day 18 ai CA:
General Edmund in Matilda 2 destroyed aux recon.

Day 19: Cloudy
Destroyed British Inf.
Bought 1 Regular Replacement for aux 88.
Day 19 ai CA:
General Edmund in Matilda 2 hit Panzerjager guarded by arty -3 me -1 them and Cruiser and weak Infantry hit aux Recon.

Day 20: Cloudy
Destroyed 2 British Inf’s and Cruiser Mk4.
34th JU-87B awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 20 ai CA:
General Edmund in Matilda 2 hit aux AT Guarded by an arty -2 them -3 me.

Day 21: Sunny
Destroyed Engineer’s and General Edmund. :twisted: That felt good after all the hassle he was causing me.
Day 21 ai CA:
Bridge Engineer hit 2nd SE Pz3F -1 me -2 them.

Day 22: Sunny
Destroyed Bridge Engineer’s and Cruiser Mk1.
39th Pioniere awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 22 ai CA:
Nothing

Day 23: Rainy
Nothing
Day 23 ai CA:
2 British Infantry hit Pioniere in Perenchies guarded by arty -4 me.

Day 24: Cloudy
Seized Avesnes-le-Comte. (I did this by sneaking around to the South of Arras. :twisted:
Also retook Carvin. (Which was stupid) :oops:
And finally pressuring Arras.
Destroyed 2 British Inf’s.
39th Pioniere awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 24 ai CA:
2 attacks: One against +1 Initiative Gerbisjager in Carvin -8 me. (stupid) :oops:
The other against Pioniere guarded by arty.

Marginal Victory with 12693 ending Prestige

This again was a pretty tough battle, and seeing the punching power of their Matilda 2’s makes me fear what I will face in the East. Hopefully I have a strong enough army by that point. I will settle for mostly Marginal Victory’s I guess going forward, but I have to say it felt really good seizing all Objectives except Arras. :D
Next is Calais with 13193 prestige.
I am working on completing Wassigny in Guderian, and have seized Wassigny on turn 9. So that will leave 6 turns to retreat back to Section A. 8)
Hopefully I will finish tonight and maybe tomorrow or Friday get time to type it up. ;)
goose_2

Rayrard
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Rayrard »

I just check my field marshal campaign at Wassigny and I had about 7500 prestige by then, but I had a significant reserve and used overstrength to that point. With 13,000 and still in the middle of 40 this is pretty good. The only issue I see is you taking heavy hits in-game and having to use regular reinforcements which must be hurting your experience? The benefit is you seem to be not spending much on replacements using regular which is free and not doing much overstrength.

How many units are in your army plus reserves? It's going to get to a point where training green units in 41 and 42 will be very difficult to get them to survive. For comparison I had 40 units plus one SE unit by Wassigny on a Field Marshal campaign. Many of them were maxed out at the experience cap and held in reserve.
hurly

Post by hurly »

Replays for Maubeuge and Arras here
Attachments
(20.03.2017) Maubeuge, Turn 18.zip
(68.86 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
(26.03.2017) Arras, Turn 24 4th time.zip
(76.15 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Rayrard wrote:I just check my field marshal campaign at Wassigny and I had about 7500 prestige by then, but I had a significant reserve and used overstrength to that point. With 13,000 and still in the middle of 40 this is pretty good. The only issue I see is you taking heavy hits in-game and having to use regular reinforcements which must be hurting your experience? The benefit is you seem to be not spending much on replacements using regular which is free and not doing much overstrength.

How many units are in your army plus reserves? It's going to get to a point where training green units in 41 and 42 will be very difficult to get them to survive. For comparison I had 40 units plus one SE unit by Wassigny on a Field Marshal campaign. Many of them were maxed out at the experience cap and held in reserve.
Hey Rayrard. I was going to write this down but I forgot to. I will definitely do a breakdown of my entire army when I import it from 1940 over to 1941.
For my Guderian run I have over 40 units, for Manstein I have just 50. (I thought it was a lot more, but I checked, at this point I only have about 10 more than what I have in Guderian.) I like a deep, deep force, and am still trying to grow, some but reluctant to buy even more new units as so many are given to the player anyway. Maybe another Panzerjager and a few more artillery's. I do not think I will be buying anymore Tac Bombers as the heroes I have received on my Bf-110D have been the best, 1 with +3 Att and the other with +3 Def, but maybe one or 2 more Strat Bombers, and depending on the heroes more artillery.

As far as experience goes, I am trying to get most units to at least 2 stars of experience and 1 hero. I want to maximize the amount of prestige that I go into the East with and on Manstein this is proving very difficult. I achieved around 70,000 on my first Field Marshall playthrough, I am hoping for around 50,000 this time through.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Manstein Calais 2nd Time :oops:
The first time I did this battle I did not go deep with Overstrengthening or with my best units, so for my 2nd time I dug deeper and started using Overstrengthening, at least some, because I wanted to secure a Decisive Victory so I can play Dunkirk. In full disclosure I did to a couple of reloadings of the enemies counter attacks so I did not lose a couple of units. :oops: (I need to stop doing that as it seems unfair, and will make the playthrough cumbersome.)

In the air: 4 Fighter’s, 2 JU-87B’s, Helmut Lent, and +3 Att Bf110D.
In Watter brought: 10.5cm arty, 2 Sturmpanzer’s, 88, Pioniere, +2 Att Gerbisjager, 2nd SE Pz3F, Pz4D, and +2 Att Pz3F.
In South brought: Albert Kerscher, Pioniere, 2 10.5cm arty’s, +1 Movement Sturmpanzer, 1st SE Pz3F, Oleh Dir, and +3 Def Gerbisjager.

Starting prestige 13193 after replacements and some Overstrengthening 12748.

Battle Report:
Seized Zouafques and Licques as well as pressuring Audruicq.
Destroyed 47mm AT, 25mm AT.
Day 1 ai CA:
Nothing

Day 2: Cloudy
Seized Audruicq, and pressuring Bourbourg.
Destroyed MS.406, Potez, 25mm AA, and Cruiser MkIV.
Day 2 ai CA:
Matilda 1 hit Albert Kerscher guarded Sturmpanzer -1 me -7 them.

Pressuring Vielle-Eglise.
Destroyed Cruiser Mk 1 and Matilda 1.
Day 3 ai CA:
Matilda 1 hit 2nd SE Panzer -3 them; Dingo ambushed by Pioniere -7 them; Chasseurs hit 1st SE Pz3F -2 each.

Seized Bourbourg and airfield as well as Licques.
Destroyed Matilda 1, Dingo, and Cavalry.
Day 4 ai CA:
Chasseurs hit 1st SE Pz3F -3 them.

Destroyed Cruiser Mk4, Whitley, Panhard, and Chasseurs.
17th 10.5cm arty awarded +2 att hero.
Bought 2 reg reps for 1st SE Pz3F.
Day 5 ai CA:
Cruiser Mk IV hit 1st SE Pz3F guarded by arty -8 them -2 me.

Pressuring Vielle-Ellise
Destroyed Dingo and Cruiser MkIV.
Bought 2 reg reps for 1st SE Pz3F. Again. :roll:
+3 Att Bf110D awarded Iron Cross 1st Class.
Day 6 and 7 ai CA:
Nothing

Day 7: Cloudy
Pressuring Guines and Gravelines.
Destroyed Dingo and Chasseurs.
37th Pioniere Iron Cross 2nd Class.

Destroyed British Inf.
Day 8 ai CA:
Spitfire and Hurricane hit Ju-87B guarded by Fighter. -6 me -9 them, but this awarded the Ju-87B with a +1 Def Hero. :?

Destroyed French Inf, Hurricane, 6 inch arty, and Cruiser Mk1.
Day 9 ai CA:
Cruiser MkIV kit Albert Kerscher -5 them -3 me and Cruiser Mk 1 and British Inf hit 2nd SE Pz3F -6 me -7 them.

Destroyed Hurricane, Cruiser Mk1, and Cruiser MkIV.
Bought 4 reg reps for +1 Def Ju-87B and 1 Reg Rep for Pioniere.
Day 10 ai CA:
Matilda 2 and Hotchkiss hit Pz4D -9 me – 4 them and AA hit Fighter -3 me.

Seized Gaines.
Destroyed Whitley and Matilda 2.
Bought 9 reg reps for Pz4D; 6 reg reps for 2nd SE Pz3F and 1 reg rep for +2 Att Pz3F.
Day 11 ai CA:
Hotchkiss hit Pz4D -3 me -1 them.

Seized Gravelines, and pressuring Sangatte, Marck, and Marquise
Destroyed British Inf and Hotchkiss.
Day 12 ai CA:
AA hit Helmut Lent -3 me; AA hit +1 Def Ju-87B -1 me; weakened Renault nicked +1 Movement Sturmpanzer.

Seized Les Attaques and pressuring Rety.
Destroyed Renault, 2 Pounder, and French Inf.
Heinrich Bar awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 13 ai CA:
Nothing

Seized Marck and Marquise, even beginning to pressure Calais.
Destroyed British Inf, Bofors, 3 Inch AA, 25mm AA, and Matilda 1.
Day 14 ai CA:
HW Inf hit Pioniere -3 them -4 me.

Day 15: Cloudy
Seized Airfield next to Rety.
Destroyed 2 Pounder.
Bought 2 reg reps for Pioniere and Albert Kerscher.
Day 15 ai CA:
Arty hit Pioniere -3 me.

Destroyed 3 Inch AA.
Bought 3 reg reps for Pioniere.
Day 16 ai CA:
Arty nicked Pioniere and HW inf hit Pioniere -8 them -4 me.

Seized part of Calais.
Destroyed Panhard, 2 Pounder, 25 Pounder, and HW Inf.
27th Sturmpanzer awarded +2 Att hero. 8)
Day 17 ai CA:
2 Pounder hit Pioniere in truck guarded by Sturmpanzer -2 me -3 them.

Destroyed 2 Pounder.
Seized all of Calais and airfield next to Sangatte.
Day 18 and 19 ai CA:
Nothing

Day 19: Rainy
Destroyed Engineer and seized Sangatte.
Bought 1 Regular Replacement for aux 88.

Decisive Victory

I felt bad about cheating in a couple spots, but I really wanted to play Dunkirk and didn’t want to have to restart the whole scenario, I will refrain from that or at least be honest when I do it.
Like I said yesterday, I will try and post my latest Guderian scenario, but I will be taking a week off in honor of Holy Week!

Next will be Dunkirk with 15093 in Prestige, and I was awarded my needed 3rd SE Pz3F.
Super excited.
Until then…Stay Lutheran.
Last edited by goose_2 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goose_2

hurly

Post by hurly »

(04.04.2017) Calais, Turn 19 2nd time DV.zip
(68.38 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Rayrard

Post by Rayrard »

Are the battles getting easier now that your units are experienced and have heroes? It doesn't look like the 15 strength units are hurting as bad anymore, or maybe you are becoming used to them and they don't intimidate you any more :)

I'm playing field marshal in 45 now and the army steamrolls the enemy, but I wonder on some of those scenarios what a 17 strength Sturmovik would do to an artillery piece or a Panther, and then that Panther get attacked by a 17 strength IS-2. It's like you are going to need an all overstrength Tiger2 tank force by 45 if you want to survive. Even the late war Soviet fighters will go after you at 3 stars and 17 strength and beat you. Dice roles become critical. You get one bad roll and you lose a unit.

I am intrigued how far you can get and will there be a time when losing core units becomes unavoidable
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Rayrard wrote:Are the battles getting easier now that your units are experienced and have heroes? It doesn't look like the 15 strength units are hurting as bad anymore, or maybe you are becoming used to them and they don't intimidate you any more :)

I'm playing field marshal in 45 now and the army steamrolls the enemy, but I wonder on some of those scenarios what a 17 strength Sturmovik would do to an artillery piece or a Panther, and then that Panther get attacked by a 17 strength IS-2. It's like you are going to need an all overstrength Tiger2 tank force by 45 if you want to survive. Even the late war Soviet fighters will go after you at 3 stars and 17 strength and beat you. Dice roles become critical. You get one bad roll and you lose a unit.

I am intrigued how far you can get and will there be a time when losing core units becomes unavoidable

Thanks for the questions. I checked and I have 50 units in Manstein, I think I will end up buying 1 or 2 more Strat Bombers, 1 or 2 more 88's, 2 more Panzerjaeger's, and in 41 new arty's to play with, but other than that probably not much else, as most new units will be ones that I am awarded for capturing, I am still contemplating buying recons, to help surround and force surrenders, but probably not.

I am trying to build up a massive army to be able to absorb some critical losses in the later field, as I will not be using Oleh Dir for a while as he is at 3 stars of experience. Once I get a hero and 2 or 3 stars I am pulling them off the line to build up others experience level, since I use mostly regular replacements, this takes a while, but I am confidant this is what I need to do to build up the needed prestige and diverse force to handle later war efforts,

Manstein Dunkirk 4th Time :oops:
I used the same army all 4 times, I just beefed some of their stats up to help take advantage, the reason the 4th was the keeper is because on playthrough 2 I reloaded once, and I want to stop doing that, and the others were taking unacceptable losses for not much gain, playthrough 4 very early on became the keeper regardless of losses as I got a buttload of great heroes. :twisted:

In the air: 4 Fighter’s including Heinrich Bar, 2 Henkel’s, Helmut Lent, +3 Def Bf1010D, and +3 Att Bf110D.
Near Vleteren brought: 10.5cm arty, 2 Sturmpanzer’s including +1 Movement, 88, Pioniere, +3 Def Gerbisjager, 1st and 3rd SE Pz3F, Grenadier, and Panzerjaeger.
In west South of Saint Folquin brought: Somua, Pioniere, 2 10.5cm arty’s, +2 Attack Sturmpanzer, 2nd SE Pz3F, Oleh Dir, and +1 Initiative Gerbisjager.

Starting prestige 15093 after replacements and some Overstrengthening 14150.

Battle Report:
Pressuring Saint Folquin.
3rd 10.5cm arty awarded +3 Attack Hero. :D :twisted: :D
Day 1 ai CA:
Hurricane hit Henkel -3 me -1 them, this happened because I surprised their Strat Bomber with my well placed Fighter, but this meant that I couldn’t also guard my Henkel. :roll: The rest were ambushes. :twisted:

Day 2: Sunny
Seized Saint Folquin.
Destroyed Hurricane, Panhard, and Cavalry.
Day 2 ai CA:
Nothing

Destroyed Whitley, 2 Hotchkiss’s, Somua, 75mm arty, and Transport.
10.5cm arty awarded +1 Movement hero! Yes! :D :twisted: :D
Day 3 ai CA:
Cruiser MkIV stopped dead by arty’s and British Inf hit Panzerjager in forest guarded by Sturmpanzer -5 them -1 me.

Seized Wormhout.
Destroyed French Inf, Renault R35, and Cruiser MkIV.
Bought 1 reg rep for Panzerjaeger.
Day 4 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed Schnelboat and Hotchkiss went on river to hit my 10.5cm arty -4 each.

Day 5: Cloudy
Destroyed Hotchkiss.
Day 5 ai CA:
Spitfire hit Helmut Lent -5 me -3 them.

Destroyed Dingo and British Inf.
Day 6 ai CA:
Destroyer hit +1 Init Gerbisjager -2 me.

Day 7: Rainy
Seized Grand Fort Phillipe and airfield near Wormhout.
Destroyed 2 Destroyers and a Strongpoint.
Bought 5 Reg Reps for Helmut Lent and 1 reg rep for 10.5cm arty.
1st SE Pz 3F awarded +2 Att hero. Yes! These heroes are just awesome.
Day 7 ai CA:
Cruiser Mk1 hit Somua, guarded by arty -6 them -4 me and Matilda 1 hit 2nd SE Pz3F guarded by arty -1 me -4 them; and French Inf hit Panzerjager guarded by Sturmpanzer -3 them -1 me.

Destroyed 25mm AA, 2 Cruiser Mk1’s, and Destroyer.
Bought 2 Reg Replacement for Pioniere and 3 Elite replacements for Panzerjaeger. (Yes, I ponied up elite replacements for this unit to retain the needed experience to keep 2 stars experience.) :roll:
24th He-111 awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 8 ai CA:
Spitfire hit aux Strat Bomber -9 me and AA hit Fighter -4 me.

Day 9: Cloudy
Seized Vinkem.
Destroyed Spitfire, train, cavalry, Matilda 1, and Transport..
Day 9 ai CA:
Enemy destroyed aux Bomber and AA hit Fighter -2 me; but the rest of their assaults were stopped by arty’s.

Seized Hondschoote.
Destroyed 2 French Inf’s.
25th He-111 awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 10 and 11 ai CA:
Nothing

Pressuring Bergues and Bierne.
Destroyed Spitfire.
Bought 2 reg reps for +1 Inititiative Gerbisjager.

Day 12: Cloudy
Destroyed Matilda 2, Hotchkiss, French Inf, and Train.
Pioniere awarded +1 att hero. :? Well they can’t all be winners.
Day 12 ai CA:
Cruiser Mk IV hit Grenadier on river guarded by arty -2 each and another Cruiser MkIV hit +3 Def Gerbisjager on river -1 me -4 them.

Seized Bierne.
Destroyed 2 Train’s, Transport, and Char B1.
Day 13 ai CA:
Cavalry hit +2 Att 1st SE Pz3F on the river -2 me -3 them and Stronghold hit 2nd SE Pz3F guarded by Sturmpanzer -5 them -3 me.

Seized Bergues
Destroyed French Inf, Cavalry, and 2 Cruiser Mk 4’s.
Day 14 ai CA:
Only attacks were against my aux Schnelboats. :roll:

Destroyed British Inf, Train, Transport, and Strongpoint.
Day 15 ai CA:
Again only attacks against aux units, which is to my advantage.

Seized De Panne.
Destroyed Cruiser Mk4, 2 Pounder, and 2 Transport’s.
Panzerjaeger was awarded an Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 16 ai CA:
Aux attacks that kept them moving forward to attack vulnerable unit stationed in De Panne. :razz:

Awarded Matilda 2 for seizing De Panne.
Seized Bray Dunes.
Destroyed 2 Transports, Destroyer, Light Cruiser, and 2 Pounder. :P

Decisive Victory with 14853 ending Prestige

I made this one more difficult than it needed to be, my words of advice are be prepared for those initial assaults and counter attacks around Vinkem. And the most important thing you want to keep track of how many train’s, transport’s, Destroyer’s, and Light Cruiser that you destroy as minimize all destruction until that final day so you can maximize kills and prestige earned.
I made some mistakes, and received a lot more casualties than in my 2nd playthrough, but ultimately the heroes I was awarded made this the for sure keeper.

Next is Reims with 16103 prestige and I counted 51 units.
goose_2

TSPC37730

Post by TSPC37730 »

It looks like you only brought one 88. I'd look into bringing along another. They're powerful & versatile in the AT or AA role. I'd want the flexibility if I was facing this sort of onslaught. You'll also want it to gain some stars before facing T34's & KV1's next year.

Although it's too late for you, this is a great scenario for gaining experience for your He111. Lots of easy to kill transports. You absolutely must keep it escorted though. Two attacks by fighters & anything you accomplished with it up to that point would be for naught. One thing I like to do is to select targets that are close enough so that one fighter can escort 2 bombers. This economizes your fighter usage, freeing up one for other uses. The trade off is that you may not get to attack the juiciest of targets this way.
Rayrard

Post by Rayrard »

Good battle at Dunkirk. Can't imagine continuing the air battle against two Spitfires at 15 strength but luckily the AI runs back to the airfield whenever it gets damage and let's your units escape or get free attacks.

Hopefully the French battles to finish 40 will be easy to win.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Wait until you see this one as it speaks to what both Rayrard and TSPC commented on, it is almost like I am listening. ;)

Manstein Reims 4th Time :oops:
This battle was tricky because you need to be patient and let the counter attacks come at you on your terms rather than storming to meet them, this requires a fair amount of patience which I struggle with. :oops: Argo this was my 4th time that was the keeper. (I wanted that Char B)
This was a fun one that can be played several different ways, and big Counter attack around Round 8 and 9 ends up being different every single time, well at least at Manstein level.
So get prepared when playing this to be able to withstand impending Counter attacks that come around Round 8 and 9.

Here is what I brought to get this done:
In the air: 4 Fighter’s including Heinrich Bar, 1 JU-87B, Helmut Lent, and Henkel.
On Left bringing: 1 10.5cm arty, 3 Sturmpanzer’s including +2 Att and +1 Movement, 88, Somua, Grenadier, +1 Init Gerbisjager, Pz4D, and +2 Att 1st SE Pz3F.
On Right brought: Albert Kerscher, Regular Inf, Pioniere, 3 10.5cm arty’s including +1 Movement and +3 Att, Recon +1 Spot hero, 2nd SE Pz3F, 3rd SE Pz3F, and 88.

Starting prestige 16103 after replacements 15994 after new purchase and some Overstrengthening 14713. (Bought new Henkel)

Battle Report:
Seized Laon and Signy-lAbbaye and pressuring Aubu.
Destroyed 3 French Inf’s, 75mm arty, and 47mm AT.
Day 1 ai CA:
Bomber and Hotchkiss hit 3rd SE Pz3F guarded by 88 -2 me.

Seized Chaumont-Porcien, and pressuring Sissonne.
Destroyed 25MM AA, 2 M.S. 406’s, Potez, and Hotchkiss.
Bought 2 Reg reps for 3rd SE Pz3F.
Day 2 ai CA:
Nothing

Seized Sissonne and pressuring Le Chesne.
Destroyed 2 french Inf’s and 47mm AT.
Day 3 ai CA:
Hotchkiss hit 3rd SE Pz3F -6 each. :shock:

Seized part of Rethel, Chateau-Porcien, and Corbeny.
Destroyed Hotchkiss and 2 25mm AT’s.
9th Wehrmacht awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Day 4 ai CA:
Char B1 hit Pioniere guarded by arty -2 them -5 me.

Day 5: Rainy
Seized Le Chesne and Attigny.
Destroyed 105mm arty and 25MM AT.
Bought 6 reg reps for 3rd SE Pz3F.
Day 5 ai CA:
Char B hit Somua guarded by arty -2 them -0 me and Colonel Jean-Jacques hit 88 guarded by arty -1 me -8 them.

Seized airfield next to Rethel and pressuring Brane.
Destroyed Cavalry and colonel Jean-Jacques.
Bought 1 reg rep for aux Bruckenpioniere; 2 reg reps for Reg Inf; and 5 reps for Pioniere.
Day 6 ai CA:
AA tried hitting Strat Bomber, miss. :) :roll:

Seized Brane, Fismes, and Main Rethel.
Destroyed Calvary, Char B, 25mm AA, French Inf.
Day 7 ai CA: Nothing

Destroyed 25mm AA.
Day 8 ai CA:
Big Counter attack moving and Char B hit Bruckenpioniere in Attigny -3 me -5 them.

Seized Airfield next to Reims.
Destroyed 25mm AA.
20th JU87B awarded +2 Def Hero.
15th arty awarded Iron Cross 2nd Class.
Bought 1 reg rep for aux Bruckenpioniere.
Day 9 ai CA:
Bomber hit +2 Att 1st SE Pz3F -2 me; French Inf hit aux Bruckenpioniere -2 me -5 them; Fighter and Captain Armand in Char B1 going on river hit Somua -4 me -2 them; and enemy seized main Rethel and airfield.

Retook Rethel and Pressuring Reims.
Destroyed Somua, 105mm arty, and Char B1.
9th Wehrmacht awarded +3 Defensive hero. 8) :twisted:
Bought 1 reg rep for aux Bruckenpioniere.
Day 10 ai CA:
Bomber hit +2 att 1st SE Pz 3F -6 me; AA hit fighter -1 me; Panhard reseized Rethel and attacked 88 guarded by arty -1 me -7 them.

Day 11: Cloudy
ReSeized Rethel.
Destroyed Panhard, D.520, M.S.406, and 25mm AT.
Bought 4 reg reps for Somua and 1 for aux Bruckenpioniere.
Day 11 ai CA:
All attacks stymied by well placed artillery and entrenched units. :twisted:

Day 12: Rainy
Pressuring Witry-les-Reims.
Destroyed Panhard and Cavalry.
Bought 8 reg reps for 1st SE Pz 3F and 1 reg rep for +3 Def inf.
Day 12 ai CA:
A few attacks biggest being the Char B1 hitting Pioniere guarded by arty -5 me.

Retook Rethel and airfield.
Destroyed French Inf and 25mm AT.
Bought 4 reg reps for aux Bruckenpioniere.
Day 13 ai CA:
Hotchkiss hit Somua -2 me -3 them and Char B1 Captain Armand hit Albert Kerscher – 1 me -3 them.

Day 14: Cloudy
Destroyed Captain Armand, Hotchkiss, and 75mm arty.
Bought 2 Regular Reps for +1 Initiative Gerbisjager and 5 for Pionere.
30th Bf109E awarded +1 Initiative.
Day 14 ai CA:
+2 Att SE 1st Pz3F hit by arty and Renault -3 each; all other attacks floundered; and enemy Reseized Rethel.

Day 15: Cloudy
Seized Auberive and its airfield as well as Monthois and Rethel.
Destroyed Leo, 25mm AA, Hothckiss, Engineer, and French Inf.
Bought 2 reg reps for Regular Inf, 7 reg reps for Pz4D, and 8 reg reps for Pioniere.
Day 15 ai CA:
Enemy did nothing but Floundering except retaking Rethel.

Seized Mourmelon-le-Grand, Vouziers, and again Rethel
Destroyed Hotchkiss, French Inf, and Cavalry.
Day 16 ai CA:
Enemy retook Witry-les-Reims and nicked 1st SE Pz3F.

Destroyed 47mm AT.
Bought 1 reg reps for 1st SE Pz3F.
Day 17 ai CA:
Panhard hit Sturm guarded by another Sturm -2 me -4 them.

Seized Suppes
Destroyed Panhard, Engineer, Renault, and 25mm AA.
36th 88 awarded +1 Movement hero!!!! Yes!!!! :) :D :D :D :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Day 18 ai CA:
Arty nicked +2 Att 1st SE Pz3F and enemy seized Secondary part of Reims.

Day 19: Sunny
Seized Fere-en-Tardenes and Bazencourt as well as retook Witry-les-Reims.
Destroyed French Inf and Hotchkiss.
Awarded Char B1 for seizing Suppes.
Day 19 ai CA:
47mm AT hit 2nd SE Pz3F -4 me.

Day 20: Sunny
Seized the rest of Reims including its airfield and Berry-au-Bac.
Destroyed Potez (I waited to do this until the last round as I desired the enemy to waste as much prestige as possible trying to keep building this unit up and build up my kill count for my fighters. I IS SMART!!!) , Strongpoint, Chasseurs, 75mm arty, and 47mm AT.

Decisive Victory with 16206 ending Prestige

This turned out to be super tough and required much planning and forethought for just about every move and serious 88 attacks to get the Decisive Victory just be patient and let the enemy wear themselves out by focusing on holding Attigny and constantly retaking Main Rethel and backing out since everytime the enemy takes a main Objective they will always attack your unit regardless of how badly it will hurt them. Use the flanks to seize the weakly held areas.

Next will be Dijon with 17206 in prestige and can update my JU-87’s to R’s.
Going to try for another Char B, but unsure that I can get a Decisive Victory on Manstein, but I will try.
88's are the BOMB! :twisted: :mrgreen:
goose_2

goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

Manstein Dijon 2nd Time
My first time I received a Marginal and missed getting the Char B1 so I knew I wanted to try again. This second time I made a couple of mistakes, but made some brilliant ones that paid of beautifully, so even though the heroes that were handed out were not the best I am sticking with this one as my keeper.
(I recommend watching the video because how this played out was beautiful, strategically.

Here is what I brought to get this done:
In the air: 3 Fighter’s including Heinrich Bar and +1 Initiative Fighter, 2 JU-87R’s, Helmut Lent, and Henkel.
Around Provins: 1 10.5cm arty, 1 Sturmpanzer, +1 Movement 88, Recon +1 Spot hero, Pioniere, 2nd SE Pz3F.
South of Vitny-le-Francois: 88, 2 10.5cm arty’s including +3 Att, Pz4D, Char B1, 3rd SE Pz3F.
Around St. Dizier: +1 Init Gerbisjager, +1 Att Pioniere, +1 Movement Sturmpanzer and +2 Att Sturmpanzer, Somua, and +2 Att 1st SE Pz3F.

Starting prestige 17206 after replacements 16966 after some Overstrengthening 16478, and upgrading 2 JU-87B’s to R’s.

Battle Report:
Seized Troyes.
Destroyed French Inf, 25mm AT, Panhard, and 47mm AT.
Day 1 ai CA:
Bomber TRAP :D -7 them, Cavalry ambushed by Recon -1 me -3 them.

Seized Toul.
Destroyed 2 Cavalry units and Potez.
Day 2 ai CA:
Fighter TRAP :D -8 them -2 me and AT tried hitting my 2nd SE Pz 3F -6 them.

Seized airfield next to Nancy.
Destroyed M.S. 406, French Inf, and 75mm arty.
18th JU-87R awarded +2 Att hero. :D
Day 3 ai CA:
Somua tried hitting Somua guarded by Sturmpanzer -2 them they did it to drain my Sturm of ammo so their cavalry could come and hit my Sturm -5 me. (That was actually really smart of the ai and it surprised me.)

Seized all of Nancy, St. Florentin, Joigny, and Chaumont.
Destroyed Somua, 2 Cavalry unit’s, 25mm AT, and French inf.
Bought 2 reg reps for +2 Att Sturmpanzer and Pz4D.
Day 4 ai CA:
Cavalry tried hitting 88 in Chaumont but was guarded by Sturmpanzer -3 them.

Seized Sens.
Destroyed French Inf, Cavalry, 47mm AT.
Day 5 ai CA: Nothing

Seized Epinal and airfield and pressuring Auxerre.
Destroyed 2 French Inf’s, 25mm AA, and 47mm AT.
4th Grenadier awarded +1 Spotting hero. :? (Oh well)
Day 6 ai CA:
Arty and Somua hit Pioniere guarded by 2 artillery’s -2 me.

Pressuring Chatillon-sur-Seine and Luxeuil-les-Bains.
Destroyed 47mm AT and 25mm AA.
2 reg reps for Pioniere and +1 Spot Grenadier
Day 7 ai CA:
Somua hit 10.5cm arty guarded by Sturmpanzer -3 me and 25mm AT hit Recon -2 me -5 them.

Seized Chatillon-sur-Seine, Luxeuil-les-Bains, all of Auxerre and its airfield. Also pressuring Vesoul and Avallon.
Destroyed 25mm AT, Panhard, Somua, 105mm arty, and French inf.
Day 8 ai CA:
Chasseurs hit +1 Movement 88 -1 me -6 them.

Seized Vesoul and Langres.
Destroyed 25mm AT, and 2 Chasseurs units.
Bought 2 reg reps for +1 Spot recon.
Day 9 ai CA:
Cavalry caught arty in a truck -9 me because Panhard that rushed forward to hit my Char B1 -4 them -2 me. (This was one of my mistakes that I almost wanted to retry the match but I was pleased with so much of it already that I decided to press on through.)

Seized Avallon and Nevers.
Destroyed French Inf, Cavalry, Chasseurs, and Hotchkiss.
Bought 6 reg reps for 10.5cm arty.
Day 10 and 11 ai CA: Nothing

Seized airfield near Moulins.
Destroyed Panhard, Hotchkiss, and Cavalry.

Pressuring Dijon, but seized airfield near Dijon.
Destroyed Char B1 and 25mm AA.
Pz4D awarded +1 Def hero. :? (they can’t all be winners)
Bought 1 reg rep for recon.
Day 12 ai CA:
Arty nicked +1 Movement 88.

Day 13: Sunny (This is the round that stepped into genius stratosphere as it makes a lot of sense but I did it by accident and was extremely pleased with how it panned out so pay attention)
(I had snuck a Pioniere around the river and suckered their primary Chasseurs out of Basancon onto the vulnerable river and their vulnerable 75mm into Basancon.)
Pressuring Basancon with Pioniere which allowed me to destroy that 75mm arty at the same time I finished the turn by moving my Pz4D away from southern Dijon.
Destroyed Hotchkiss, 75mm arty, and Chasseurs.
Bought 2 reg reps for Char B1.
Day 13 ai CA:
No attacks but they built 2 AT’s and an AA around Dijon all of these units are extremely vulnerable and susceptible to force surrender that it was all a gift. At the same time this prevented the enemy from building around any other area which allowed me to pressure all other enemy held areas in Round 14 so they could no longer build any more units. 8) (This trick is the reason why I knew I had to keep this playthrough, not sure I could have replicated it the same way twice.)

Seized Beaune and pressuring Chalon-sur-Saone and Bourg-en-Bresse.
Destroyed 25mm AA, 47mm AT, and 155mm arty.
Day 14 ai CA:
Chasseurs hit 3rd SE Pz3F -1 me – 4 them.

Seized all of Basancon and part of Dijon.
Destroyed 75mm arty, 25mm AT, and French Inf.
Day 15 – 17 ai CA: Nothing

Day 16: Cloudy
Seized rest of Dijon.
Destroyed Engineers.
Bought 1 reg rep for Pioniere.

Seized Moulins and Chalon-sur-Saone.
Destroyed Engineers and Chasseurs.
Bought 1 reg reps for 1st SE Pz3F.

Day 18: Sunny (This was my 2nd mistake, I had not kept up my aerial assault on Bourg-en-Bresse so I reloaded to get proper damage on the Chasseurs unit in Bourg-en-Bresse so I could seize that last objective, not the most honest, but I did not want to replay this whole scenario again.) :oops:
Seized Bourg-en-Bresse.
Destroyed Hotchkiss, 47mm AT, Chasseurs.
Awarded Char-B1 for taking Moulins.

Decisive Victory with 18363 ending Prestige

I am trying Maginot Line on Guderian as of this morning, and hope to finish tonight as doing Guderian is super fast to play.
I hope to try Maginot Line on Manstein this weekend as well as The Caucasus in my Blindthrough.
This is just so much fun.
Next will be finishing 1940 with Maginot Line starting with 19063, my goal is to end with at least 20k in prestige and almost all ground units with 2 stars of experience and their first hero.
Can we do it? We shall see.
goose_2

hurly

Post by hurly »

here are the replays some in double dose as obviously the goose was not pleased with the cooking
(08.04.2017) Dunkirk, Turn 17 2nd time Manstein.zip
(73.98 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
(16.04.2017) Dunkirk, Turn 17 4th time.zip
(74.53 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
(29.04.2017) Reims, Turn 20 4th Time.zip
(75.82 KiB) Downloaded 182 times
hurly

Post by hurly »

and finally the Dijon replays