Team Assault: Baptism of Fire Updated to v1.02

Team Assault is a 3D turn based tactical game where players fight in close combat action at a squad level.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Team Assault Design, Zeal

ScottP
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Team Assault: Baptism of Fire Updated to v1.02

Post by ScottP »

Team Assault: Baptism of Fire Updated to v1.2
Level editor implemented and minor bugs crushed

We are happy to announce the release of the v1.2 update for the tactical turn-based strategy game Team Assault: Baptism of Fire. The new update adds in the level editor and additional features while fixing minor bugs.

The v1.2 update for Team Assault also includes the new Force Builder with squad nationality system, to allow players to create their own diverse squads for battle. Additionally, the patch contains a new manual in PDF format, perfect for players wanting to keep up to tabs with rules and options through other devices or print it out themselves.

To get the update, click here or select “check for updates” from the game menu. For more information on Team Assault: Baptism of Fire, visit the official product pages on the Slitherine and Matrix Games site.

About Team Assault: Baptism of Fire

Team Assault: Baptism of Fire is a 3D turn-based tactical game where players take command of infantry squads to engage the enemy in intense close combat. Using an objective-control system, players must use wits and the geography around them to secure tactically important points and dominate the enemy. Although the combat system is turn-based, the game play can be as fast paced and dynamic as you’d like. Dynamic turns, counter actions and continual feedback keep you constantly engaged while still giving you enough time to make important decisions to change the course of battle!

Team Assault boasts an in-depth combat system that booth favors realism and exciting gameplay. Weapon accuracy and penetration, cover versus weapon penetration, recoil, encumbrance and wounded soldiers are only some of the included features. Also included are near limitless customization options. The included map editor and force creator will allow you to design finely tuned squads that perfectly suit your needs and command styles. A map editor is also included so constructing all new tactical puzzles and environments is possible as well!
Public Relations Manager
Slitherine/Matrix Games
KageToraUK
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Team Assault: Baptism of Fire Updated to v1.02

Post by KageToraUK »

Where exactly is the level editor? I have this update, but there is no level editor in sight......

How do I find it?

Cheers,

Kage
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

KageToraUK wrote:Where exactly is the level editor? I have this update, but there is no level editor in sight......

How do I find it?

Cheers,

Kage
It’s “C:\Program Files (x86)\Slitherine\Team Assault\TA_Editor.exe” on my PC. You will have to make a short cut for it. There isn’t a direct link to it that comes with the game.
KageToraUK

Post by KageToraUK »

Aha! Cheers! Found it! Only one problem, however:

Not sure what to do here......

Kage
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

Do you have the file MTV3D65.dll in the Team Assault root folder?
KageToraUK

Post by KageToraUK »

Xerkis wrote:Do you have the file MTV3D65.dll in the Team Assault root folder?
It is in there, yes. Should I do something with it?

Cheers!
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

I was just making sure if it was there.

Did you download the map editor on its own from the forum and install it seperately or just as it came with the game?
Also, what OS are you on?
KageToraUK

Post by KageToraUK »

Xerkis wrote:I was just making sure if it was there.

Did you download the map editor on its own from the forum and install it separately or just as it came with the game?
Also, what OS are you on?
I downloaded it from the Matrix website, I think. I am on Win7 Home Premium 64-bit.
Laxen
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Laxen »

Sorry, I have no ideas what could be causing this. Are you running the editor as an administrator? Not doing this may cause various errors when it comes to reading and writing to files.
Rasmus Davidsson
Lead Designer at ZEAL Game Studio
KageToraUK

Post by KageToraUK »

Laxen wrote:Sorry, I have no ideas what could be causing this. Are you running the editor as an administrator? Not doing this may cause various errors when it comes to reading and writing to files.
Ah, cheers. Normally, that's the first thing I would try. No idea why it didn't occur to me this time. Anyway, it's working now. Thanks!
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

Sorry - Don't know why I didn't think of that myself. . . . other than maybe my mind was else where.
:oops:

But glad you are up and running.
:D

Return to “Team Assault”