Quiet in here

Team Assault is a 3D turn based tactical game where players fight in close combat action at a squad level.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Team Assault Design, Zeal

MrsWargamer
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Quiet in here

Post by MrsWargamer »

Hey if you look closely, you can tell not one comment was made in June. So a person can not be faulted for wondering, has this game lost the fire, or has the fire simply been put out.

Hello, is any one here? basically.

I have not been playing my copy to death, but I have yet to find any reason to dislike it. But I am wondering, have I bought a game that simply has failed to keep anyone interested in it?

Hello, is any one here?
MrsWargamer

Re: Quiet in here

Post by MrsWargamer »

Ok quick add on, I just noticed the Allied AI thread, but reading the last portion of it, not good.

Has this game been set adrift all because the party was held and no showed up? Is that reeeeally it? the reason for inactivity, and not the game's design?
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

I’m still here – and always will be.

Still play as much as I can.
And I am waiting as patiently as possibly (which isn’t very much) to get the Map Editor back so I can continue on my maps.
:wink:

This is still an awesome game – especially for how low of a selling price it has.
:D
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

Hey thanks for the reply Xerkis, I saw a comment somewhere (can't recall where though now) to the effect that Zeal might have wandered off to 'other things' and of course that raised some red flags and got me to wondering.

I'm a bit jaded/tired with a lot of the 'more of the same' in wargaming and when I saw a game giving me this scale and using turns I was very impressed (considering how I think only Shrapnel has a design like this, which hasn't seen movement in years to my knowledge).

I do NOT think real time is some bloody holy friggin grail of realism, and to be honest, every time I hear some moron mention how there isn't any turns in real life, I want to commit homicide:) I mean think about it, you also can't claim a game cramming 6 years into an afternoon has any real connection with reality either.

I hope the over all design of TA has some future.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

As far as the venturing off – well they do need to keep the food on the table and the roof over their heads – and one game (no matter what it is) will not do it. Doesn’t mean that TA is dead by any means. Any other game company does the same. As of now, there two other games are totally different genera and are in Alpha phase.
A Game Of Dwarves
Starvoid

And I agree – Love turn based games. We need many more games with turn base. It seems to be a lost art in the gaming world.

And don’t forget – once we get the Map Editor is back – the future will be endless as far as TA goes.
:wink:
Laxen
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Laxen »

You guys still around? ;D

I liked reading your thoughts on the subject. TA isn't having much buzz around it because, it just didn't sell that well - and to this there is probably many reasons. Zeal is pretty deep into a couple of other things rights now, that is correct - but we have not let go of Team Assault yet (it's just so much else that needs our attention too at the moment), and we have definitely not given up on the turn-based genre (even though our current projects aren't turn-based). We still love turn-based!
Rasmus Davidsson
Lead Designer at ZEAL Game Studio
MrsWargamer

Post by MrsWargamer »

Thanks for the input Zeal. Life is about bills etc etc :) I don't expect you guys to just do a game and then camp on it as if it is all you will ever do (totally illogical request).

Glad to know the game is not being ditched. No idea why it has lacked response.

Return to “Team Assault”