Patch E.T.A.?

Team Assault is a 3D turn based tactical game where players fight in close combat action at a squad level.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Team Assault Design, Zeal

Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Patch E.T.A.?

Post by Xerkis »

Yeah, that is about how I see it too.
:(

Iain, could we please have another update on the status – Obviously we would really like "The Patch", but at least a word since it is just shy of two weeks since this last update.
Thank you in advance.
rich12545
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by rich12545 »

And how about a list of everything that will be in the patch? Please?
Laxen
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Laxen »

We'll let Slitherine announce the patch updates as it is released :)
Rasmus Davidsson
Lead Designer at ZEAL Game Studio
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

Laxen wrote:We'll let Slitherine announce the patch updates as it is released :)

This really makes no sense whatsoever. It's been so long that I'm wondering if there really is a patch or are you all just stalling hoping we'll forget about it.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

I know we are in an age of microwaves and fast food – but it’s only been less than 4 months since the game has been released - and a lot less than that since any word of a patch has been talked about. This is not a long time by any sense of the word.

Sorry to say . . . . . You just have to wait like the rest of us.
:wink:
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

The patch was ready almost two weeks ago. Iain said so. Where is it?

And why didn't zeal at least outline what's in it? His post made no sense at all. Why the secrecy? What's going on? Nobody is posting with any information that's actually accurate.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

I agree on the “what’s going on” – always will with that. I am very big on communication (both ways) at all times. No excuses there.

Releasing what is in the patch before the patch is released doesn’t make much sense – at least not a “complete” list. That should be released with the patch – that is certainly the full right of the publisher to do that.
And we already know the top two big items that are to be in this patch, so anything else is most likely just going to be listed as “bugs fixes” (like all game companies do – and that is annoying.) I personally would like to see the complete list of the bugs fixed when a patch is released, even if it is 20 pages long. (Goes back to the communication thing again.)

The “accuracy” is another good point too. I fully understand that things happen (major people on a project get sick, time schedules are not projected correctly, whatever) and this is why you (Slitherine) as a publisher should know better than to give out this kind of “dated” information and only ever say things like “Q4-2012” if you say anything at all when it comes to timing.
:roll:
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

What two things do we know will be in the patch? I haven't seen anything on that. Do you know for sure or are you surmising? So far as I can tell we don't even know for sure if the map editor will be in the patch.

I don't know of any bugs. Do you? But there are several things that have been requested.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

By what I gather the Map Editor and the issue with crash on start up that some were having that had to do with video (or something along those lines – I don’t remember the details – but the thread is in the forum here someplace). These were two “major” things and have been “promised”. I do believe both have been stated as being part of the first patch (although in separate threads maybe).

There are some minor bugs that had been reported, but nothing that made the game unstable by any means. Maybe “tweaks” might be better term for some of the things. One thing had to do with the stats on the medical gear and a couple of other pieces of equipment. Things like that.
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

Ah, they were "promised." And you "do believe." But you don't know. Ok.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

:roll:
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

Xerkis, you seem like a nice guy. But you're defending the indefensible.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

Thanks, but as the old saying goes, “Rome wasn’t built in a day” and I’ve been in the programming field for more years than I care to admit, so I understand that these things take time and issues come up. It is just the way the world is.

The patch will come at some point and it will contain those items and most likely more – there is no reason to think otherwise. As long as they keep us informed – wonderful. End of story. Sorry if you cannot accept that – but there really isn’t too much we can do about it, now is there. So why concern ourselves over it?
:)
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

I'll chase Zeal as we're just waiting for their approval to release it.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

IainMcNeil wrote:I'll chase Zeal as we're just waiting for their approval to release it.
Very good and wonderful news.

Thank you.
:D
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

IainMcNeil wrote:I'll chase Zeal as we're just waiting for their approval to release it.

So, is it that you're not able to contact them or is it that they're refusing to release it?
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

. . . . . . . It has been a week, hasn’t it?

Some word please. . . . . and let that word be “Here is the long awaited patch.”

But a question on the subject. How will the patch be distributed?
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

What's ironic, Xerkis, is that Field of Glory just came out with a patch. And this from a company that really has abandoned the game. Very unexpected as I wasn't looking for anything until months from now.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

rich12545 wrote:What's ironic, Xerkis, is that Field of Glory just came out with a patch. And this from a company that really has abandoned the game. Very unexpected as I wasn't looking for anything until months from now.
Hate to say it – but maybe that can hold you over for a bit.
:lol:
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

HAHA. Pretty funny.

Return to “Team Assault”