Anyone running a GFX card with less than 1GB?

Team Assault is a 3D turn based tactical game where players fight in close combat action at a squad level.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Team Assault Design, Zeal

bladebarrier
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Anyone running a GFX card with less than 1GB?

Post by bladebarrier »

I was just curious if the 1GB card is an absolute requirement, or not.

I have a laptop with a lowly Intel HD3000 for graphics, but it's a sandy bridge i7 and has 8 gigs of RAM. From what I'm told, that means it can use up to 480megs of RAM for video.

I'm able to run some surprisingly new games on it, albeit not always at maxed settings.

Any guess on if it would run if I purchase TA, or is it a flat out "no"?

Thank you,

--bb
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Anyone running a GFX card with less than 1GB?

Post by Xerkis »

I do everything on my laptop.
It runs Windows 7 and has an Intel Core2 Duo T6600 2.2GHz and 4G RAM.
The graphics is just a standard bottom of the line type thing – I really don’t even know for sure what I have (just whatever is standard on a Hp Pavilion from about 3 years ago). If I’m looking at it right – and someone speak up if I’m not – I think my laptop has a Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset. At least that is what showing under “Display Adapter” in Device Manager.

I run Team Assault – as I do all games – with all the graphics set at the lowest settings the game will allow. I have no issues with it running at far as any kind of lag or anything thing for that matter.

Hope that helps
:)
bladebarrier

Post by bladebarrier »

Xerkis wrote:I do everything on my laptop.
It runs Windows 7 and has an Intel Core2 Duo T6600 2.2GHz and 4G RAM.
The graphics is just a standard bottom of the line type thing – I really don’t even know for sure what I have (just whatever is standard on a Hp Pavilion from about 3 years ago). If I’m looking at it right – and someone speak up if I’m not – I think my laptop has a Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset. At least that is what showing under “Display Adapter” in Device Manager.

I run Team Assault – as I do all games – with all the graphics set at the lowest settings the game will allow. I have no issues with it running at far as any kind of lag or anything thing for that matter.

Hope that helps
:)
Awesome news. Thanks!
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

I just hope I am telling you valid information.
This is certainly an area that I do not have much knowledge in – graphics on PCs.
;)
rich12545
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by rich12545 »

I've been playing MS flight simulator the last five years so I have a pretty good knowledge of graphic card requirements. Real frankly I was surprised at the given figures because the game seems like it would run fine on a 7600 with 250 meg vram. But maybe there's more under the hood than it appears.
bladebarrier

Post by bladebarrier »

I installed it, and it's running very smooth for me. My only problem is the resolution is stuck at a non-native 4:3, but I assume there's some workaround or it's my drivers (I'm on Win 8 CP).
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

If you go to the Options Menu – select a diferent resolution – then click “Confirm”. What happens?
Attachments
Game Res.jpg
Game Res.jpg (25.8 KiB) Viewed 9340 times
bladebarrier

Post by bladebarrier »

Xerkis wrote:If you go to the Options Menu – select a diferent resolution – then click “Confirm”. What happens?
I'm only offered the default 1024 resolution.

I tried modifying the configuration file manually, but I'm not sure it did anything.

I'm going to try some hacked drivers today and check the results.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

Modifying the config.cfg file was going to be my next suggestion as well. You can see from my screen print what is supposedly allowed, so as to pick from one of those.

Not sure why they wouldn’t show up for you though. Unless it is as you say and something with the drivers.
bladebarrier

Post by bladebarrier »

Xerkis wrote:Modifying the config.cfg file was going to be my next suggestion as well. You can see from my screen print what is supposedly allowed, so as to pick from one of those.

Not sure why they wouldn’t show up for you though. Unless it is as you say and something with the drivers.
Yep, it was a driver issue.

I grabbed a driver from eightforums.com and tested it out. No problems. I have the graphics maxed out, aside from anti-aliasing, and it's very smooth. I now also get a proper list of resolutions (including my native), and everything runs great (aside from random crashes, but that happens on my HTPC rig as well).

The extra bonus was that in the process of redoing some drivers, I spent a little time digging around and found out how to have dropbox share my saves automatically between my desktop and my ultrabook. That made me very happy.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

Very good news for sure.
:D
Laxen
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Laxen »

I'm very glad to hear that it worked out for you :)
Rasmus Davidsson
Lead Designer at ZEAL Game Studio

Return to “Team Assault”