Bug

Team Assault is a 3D turn based tactical game where players fight in close combat action at a squad level.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Team Assault Design, Zeal

rich12545
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Bug

Post by rich12545 »

After resuming a saved game it stays dark until after the first squad moves then gets light. Should be light right away imo.

Also, I think the game should go to the reinforcement screen after each round, not just when they're able to be bought.

Also, I know what the flags in white background are, but what is the x?
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Bug

Post by Xerkis »

rich12545 wrote:Also, I think the game should go to the reinforcement screen after each round, not just when they're able to be bought.
Actually, the reinforcement screen did show between each round, but this was change to the way it is now. The thought being that the screen wasn’t doing much since you weren’t able to purchase anything.
rich12545 wrote:Also, I know what the flags in white background are, but what is the x?
Ammo depot. Place one of your soldiers with its circle and at the end of the turn that squad will be resupplied.
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

Well, I vote for changing it back or somehow making it clear a new round has started. Otherwise you really have to pay attention to the scrolling text and could miss it.
Laxen
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Laxen »

I guess that it is the fog of war that is bugging when you load a saved game? I will report this to the programmers. Good report!

And yes. Other disliked that the reinforcement screen was displayed between rounds when nothing could be purchased since it forced you to do unnecessary clicks to close it. SO I guess coming up with some kind of third option would be the best. I would suggest keeping it as it is and finding a new better way of alerting players when a new round starts to make it clear, because it is not very much so. Maybe some kind of on-screen message popping up (that does not need to be closed, it closes itself after a few seconds), maybe along with a nice alerting sound.
Rasmus Davidsson
Lead Designer at ZEAL Game Studio
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

I always took the “waiting on opponent” message at the bottom of the screen and then having to hit the spacebar as this.
Not sure if you can do much more than that.
:?

Return to “Team Assault”