Font size question

Team Assault is a 3D turn based tactical game where players fight in close combat action at a squad level.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Team Assault Design, Zeal

rich12545
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Font size question

Post by rich12545 »

One problem that I have using a 1920x1080 screen res is that the fonts in some games are too small to read comfortably. Some of those games have simple ways to increase the size and some don't. I literally have had to give up playing some games that I bought because of that. Since there's no demo here, how can I find out the font size for the various screens with a 1920x1080 res ahead of time? Are there screenies of that specifically or something? Or can the font size be easily changed?
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Font size question

Post by Xerkis »

I play on a bad graphics laptop – but I'm thinking that with what I see in the folders here, this might be what you are asking for.

I’m at work right now – so if no one answers before I get time tonight – I can do some testing on this and post what I find for you.
Attachments
fontsize.jpg
fontsize.jpg (22.31 KiB) Viewed 9196 times
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

A size 12 is the minimum I can read comfortably but a 10 in one of the icons above a squad would be ok. It would be helpful to know where all those fonts go. But at first glance it looks ok. And it looks like fonts can be substituted easily, hopefully without running over other information. At least it looks like no size 8.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

Obviously that was only a partial listing of what is in the folder and like you say - what happens if you increase the sizes? will it run over other things? Don't know without trying it out.

I haven't looked any farther in to it (yet) but I would think that you can switch these out in a cfg file someplace.

Up to you (obviously) to wait or not - but I will try and do some testing on this for you.
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

I just remembered. I played the beta briefly as a tester but didn't follow up on it. I don't recall any real problems with the font but would there be a way for me to download one of those early builds to take a look?
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

I've made this screenshots @1920x1080 with in-game text.
http://www.gamefront.com/files/21554585/Archive.zip

This was made with the last beta version before the release, so I'm almost certain that there were no changes on that regard.
I've a 23'' monitor, and I find the fonts big.
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

Thanks for the pics. I think the fonts look fine. Any idea when the manual will be finished?
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

I don't know, but I think soon. The manual is almost ready.
Have you seen this thread?
viewtopic.php?f=135&t=33434
rich12545

Post by rich12545 »

Yes I have. I've downloaded and looked through the beta manual. Very nicely done imo but I don't want to print until the final one is completed.

I've been trying to get into playing company of heroes but just don't like the rts. This game looks similar and I really like the stress on infantry. I'd really like squads to be able to use the inside of buildings though and will add that to the wishlist. When I started beta testing, the whole thing confused me and I don't play games without a save. But with the manual and new save during skirmish feature I'll likely buy soon. Thanks for your help and all the info.
Xerkis
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by Xerkis »

Thanks VPaulus - I knew you would jump in here and I knew you would have the right answers.
:)
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Laxen
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by Laxen »

Thanks you guys for helping each other when needed! I love this community!
Rasmus Davidsson
Lead Designer at ZEAL Game Studio

Return to “Team Assault”